PDA

View Full Version : Scales and Swamps IC

Forum Explorer
2015-06-30, 02:12 AM
It was midmorning in Fakamusk and the Wharf Market was in full swing. Literally located on the docks, the market catered to the ships coming in, no matter when or where they came from. The market never fully closed, but this morning no fewer then three ships had arrived, so it was incredibly busy with people from nearly all races walking around, buying, selling, stealing, and cheating each other.

The noise was immense, with nearly everyone shouting just to be heard by the person next to them. The captive animals and monsters bound for exotic menageries and gladiator pits weren't helping with their occasional roars, screams, and yelps. The smell was staggering as well, the smell of the swamp mixing with the rotting fish smell of the local fishmongers.

Still, if there was business to be done, this was the best place to do it. Nearly anything found in Fakamusk could be found here. So what brought you to the market today? Business? Pleasure? Curiosity? Or did you truly have nothing better to do?

czieg
2015-06-30, 08:04 AM
Leydin Valtameri was delighted to be in the market today. There were people, sights, sounds, smells, people and animals she had never seen before. Sure there was the occasional pile of animal crap, but those were by the cages, so as long as she didn't get to close, it wouldn't matter. That said, she had already had to wash off her boots twice.

She seemingly bounced from stall to stall, talking with the vendors and making faces at the animals. She was having the time of her life. At one point, she played with a bunch of children in a game she still wasn't sure how to play, but it had been fun, so she didn't really care.

Of course, Leydin wasn't completely without an actual objective on this fine market day. She was headed to the ships to see where they were headed and just maybe if they needed an experienced hand on board. As much fun as the town was, she still felt the call of Gaia's ocean waves.

DeadHunter
2015-06-30, 04:01 PM
Lumbering through town, Verrock was beginning to regret his choice in coming into town. This place reeks of fish decay and animal waste all blanketed in the musk of swap gases. He knew supplies would be easy to find in the markets but the only thing he disliked worse then the crowds of trade centres was the bartering that followed.

After conversing with several vendors Verrock's frustration and distaste for his environment was getting the best of him. His last attempt at what started as a civil debate over the price of a whetstone ended with him pinning a large squat man against a wall with a strong left hand and informing him that the last encounter he had had with humans involved a big black axe and an orchestra of screaming. After realizing the people watching he released the shaking man with a Grruh and began making his way out of the crowds.

Verrock's attention was now turned to finding a quiet place for a drink before making his way out of town.

Zergrinch
2015-06-30, 06:59 PM
Zack, dashing spy extraordinare, with a mouth bigger than his size, deep undercover as a member of the nobility, is in deep doo-doo. Inexplicably, his handlers have cut off his source of funds, and he is rapidly running out of coin to fuel his lifestyle to maintain appearances. Plus, he had a trusty manservant, Javeris, to worry about.

Zack may be many things, but he has always envisioned himself as a hero. A leading man in life's story. To leave town now, and his hireling in a lurch, is completely anathema to him.

And so it was that the halfling sorcerer finds himself heading towards the marketplace, having secretly left without telling Javeris, and traveling completely incognito because - let's face it - what noble buys their own food?

He doesn't have an explicit purpose in mind, although there is a hazy plan to bargain on provisions and perhaps find a trading opportunity.

eleazzaar
2015-06-30, 09:08 PM
Javeris glides through the market place, with his nose a bit in the air. Anyone looking at him would recieve the impression that he was accustomed to finer surroundings. He set his course inland to the hights hoping that there might be a accommodations nearly suitable to his Lordships rank there. The purse may be a bit light, but confidence and presumption are everything.

He seeks out the finest inn in the city, knowing he can unerringly find wherever his Lordship has wandered off to when he is ready.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-02, 04:08 AM
Leydin Valtameri was delighted to be in the market today. There were people, sights, sounds, smells, people and animals she had never seen before. Sure there was the occasional pile of animal crap, but those were by the cages, so as long as she didn't get to close, it wouldn't matter. That said, she had already had to wash off her boots twice.

She seemingly bounced from stall to stall, talking with the vendors and making faces at the animals. She was having the time of her life. At one point, she played with a bunch of children in a game she still wasn't sure how to play, but it had been fun, so she didn't really care.

Of course, Leydin wasn't completely without an actual objective on this fine market day. She was headed to the ships to see where they were headed and just maybe if they needed an experienced hand on board. As much fun as the town was, she still felt the call of Gaia's ocean waves.

In a port town like Fakamusk, there was always work for sailors. Unfortunately the work wasn't always...reputable for lack of a better word. Of the three ships that were currently in dock, only two of them were hiring.

The first was a slave/creature gallery from the Southern Empire of Slooth, here to pick up creatures to fight in the arenas back home. They'd be willing to hire someone on as extra security/sailor/fisher.

The second was likely a pirate ship. There ship had some minor damage and a strangely small crew. Yet, they were unloading an unusually large amount of product, and were selling it at a lower price then usual. The kicker was that they were actively recruiting, and promising a share in the profits earned rather then a set wage.

The third ship was a merchant ship ran by dwarves. They were selling iron and other raw resources, in exchange for food, pearls, and exotic plants from the swamps. They weren't hiring any new crew, but would be willing to take on passengers.

Lumbering through town, Verrock was beginning to regret his choice in coming into town. This place reeks of fish decay and animal waste all blanketed in the musk of swap gases. He knew supplies would be easy to find in the markets but the only thing he disliked worse then the crowds of trade centres was the bartering that followed.

After conversing with several vendors Verrock's frustration and distaste for his environment was getting the best of him. His last attempt at what started as a civil debate over the price of a whetstone ended with him pinning a large squat man against a wall with a strong left hand and informing him that the last encounter he had had with humans involved a big black axe and an orchestra of screaming. After realizing the people watching he released the shaking man with a Grruh and began making his way out of the crowds.

Verrock's attention was now turned to finding a quiet place for a drink before making his way out of town.

Verrok's actions did get the attention of many people, but those who were guards clearly relaxed when Varrok didn't escalate things further. An elf, a trapper of some sort by the looks of things, did look at Varrok intently, apparently debating something over himself.

Verrok's quest for a drink wasn't too difficult, and he soon found himself in a bar, claiming to have the best ale in town.

A female human, was currently at the bar, and smiled at Varrok as he entered. "So, what can I get ya?" she said.

Zack, dashing spy extraordinare, with a mouth bigger than his size, deep undercover as a member of the nobility, is in deep doo-doo. Inexplicably, his handlers have cut off his source of funds, and he is rapidly running out of coin to fuel his lifestyle to maintain appearances. Plus, he had a trusty manservant, Javeris, to worry about.

Zack may be many things, but he has always envisioned himself as a hero. A leading man in life's story. To leave town now, and his hireling in a lurch, is completely anathema to him.

And so it was that the halfling sorcerer finds himself heading towards the marketplace, having secretly left without telling Javeris, and traveling completely incognito because - let's face it - what noble buys their own food?

He doesn't have an explicit purpose in mind, although there is a hazy plan to bargain on provisions and perhaps find a trading opportunity.

Trade huh? Well there did seem to be an elven hunter of some sort wandering around the market, apparently not doing much of importance.

You could always talk to some merchants as well, though would you be looking for out of town merchants or in town merchants?

There did seem to be an interesting commotion happening though. A wealthier looking man was walking, or trying to walk really, down the wharf, accompanied by a group of guards. However he kept getting stopped by groups of people, who seemed to be complaining about something or another to him.

Javeris glides through the market place, with his nose a bit in the air. Anyone looking at him would recieve the impression that he was accustomed to finer surroundings. He set his course inland to the hights hoping that there might be a accommodations nearly suitable to his Lordships rank there. The purse may be a bit light, but confidence and presumption are everything.

He seeks out the finest inn in the city, knowing he can unerringly find wherever his Lordship has wandered off to when he is ready.

Javeris wanders around for a bit, seeing what most of the others saw as well. After a little while a young ragged looking black dragonborn child approaches him, "Whatcha lookin for boss? Betcha it'd be easier to have me find it for ya. I know this town like the back of me claw," he said.

Mordecai came down from his room into the bar which had already begun to fill up. He was just in time to see a mean looking orc enter the bar, and be greeted by Loranda.

Zergrinch
2015-07-02, 04:19 AM
Zack's observant eyes immediately picks out the elven hunter, who looked uncertain of what he wanted to do. Sure, the rich human with the coterie of guards look interesting, but Zack wasn't going to get himself involved with a mob, no sirree.

Who knows, perhaps the trapper might have choice furs to trade, which could then be resold for a more handsome price with the right amount of sales panache.

The halfling sidles over to the elf, approaching him with a big smile on his face. "Greetings, Sir Elf! You look like something's bothering you! Can I be of assistance?"

czieg
2015-07-02, 12:32 PM
'Hmm... Pirates are cool, I get to wear an eye-patch and have a cool parrot. But I've fought pirates, they aren't nice people, pass. They aren't hiring nice people, and the dwarves aren't hiring at all. I'll check out the next ship to come in, I can probably find some way to make some money.' With that, she left the ships, off to find some other kind of work.

So it came to be that Leydin was wondering the markets, a quarterstaff in her hand that she was using as a walking stick as she made her way from stall to stall once more. This time looking for any places that could use a helping hand, or someone to deliver a beating to those that deserved it, she was especially good at that.

DeadHunter
2015-07-02, 02:52 PM
Verrock had only been in the bar a short time and it had already began to fill up. Perhaps he should just head out of town now while there was still light? He looks up at the smiling barkeep. He attempts to keep his voice low but the rumble isn't easy to mask. I'm looking for someone. One who is in need of a swinging axe. Or one who knows who does. I hear of dwarves at Shatter Peak. They still recruit mercenaries?

He scans the room. There aren't as many places to sit as before and the room probably isn't going to be quiet for long.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-02, 03:04 PM
Hm. Haven't seem that orc stranger around before. Must be new in town, since he's looking for work.

Quotes for speech, italics for thoughts, both for telepathy.

Does he know of any employers looking for people who can fight, maybe some expedition into the swamps or something?

eleazzaar
2015-07-03, 03:10 PM
After a little while a young ragged looking black dragonborn child approaches him, "Whatcha lookin for boss? Betcha it'd be easier to have me find it for ya. I know this town like the back of me claw," he said.

"Do you indeed?" Asks Javeris unconvinced. "I pay for actual assistance rendered, but I fear I will not stumble into clever scams." He looks at the rascal searchingly for several heartbeats.
"I'm seeking the finest house of lodging the malodourous town as to offer."

Gaging weather the child is attempting a con, or can deliver.
[roll0]

Forum Explorer
2015-07-03, 05:24 PM
Hm. Haven't seem that orc stranger around before. Must be new in town, since he's looking for work.

Quotes for speech, italics for thoughts, both for telepathy.

Does he know of any employers looking for people who can fight, maybe some expedition into the swamps or something?

The main forms of work is some variety of hunter, either hunting animals for food, tracking down and collecting rare and useful plants, or hunting monsters for rare ingrediants, or capturing them to sell.

'Salvage' expeditions aren't exactly rare, as these swamps are filled with ruins of some sort or another. However most of the nearby ruins have been picked clean, so you'd almost be certainly heading into the territory of one of the other races, which can be trouble, depending on what they think of the ruin.

Of course piracy is always an option as well. Working for the guards is another one, though they aren't always recruiting.

Verrock had only been in the bar a short time and it had already began to fill up. Perhaps he should just head out of town now while there was still light? He looks up at the smiling barkeep. He attempts to keep his voice low but the rumble isn't easy to mask. I'm looking for someone. One who is in need of a swinging axe. Or one who knows who does. I hear of dwarves at Shatter Peak. They still recruit mercenaries?

He scans the room. There aren't as many places to sit as before and the room probably isn't going to be quiet for long.

'Hmm... Pirates are cool, I get to wear an eye-patch and have a cool parrot. But I've fought pirates, they aren't nice people, pass. They aren't hiring nice people, and the dwarves aren't hiring at all. I'll check out the next ship to come in, I can probably find some way to make some money.' With that, she left the ships, off to find some other kind of work.

So it came to be that Leydin was wondering the markets, a quarterstaff in her hand that she was using as a walking stick as she made her way from stall to stall once more. This time looking for any places that could use a helping hand, or someone to deliver a beating to those that deserved it, she was especially good at that.

Leydin was walking by one of the local taverns when she overheard an orc talking about finding a mercenary group to go work for. Looks like you weren't alone in unemployment.

Meanwhile the bartender looks to Varrok, "Work huh? Have you looked at the local monster hunters? They always need more people. It's very dangerous work. And of course there is always piracy.

Zack's observant eyes immediately picks out the elven hunter, who looked uncertain of what he wanted to do. Sure, the rich human with the coterie of guards look interesting, but Zack wasn't going to get himself involved with a mob, no sirree.

Who knows, perhaps the trapper might have choice furs to trade, which could then be resold for a more handsome price with the right amount of sales panache.

The halfling sidles over to the elf, approaching him with a big smile on his face. "Greetings, Sir Elf! You look like something's bothering you! Can I be of assistance?"

The elf looked startled, but gave Zack a polite, if stressed, smile. "Perhaps. I'm looking to hire a group to go into the swamps. I broke my arm and had to stay back while my friends and teammates when hunting without me. But that was weeks ago. They should've been back by now, and I'm worried that something has happened to them. Do you know of a team of people who are capable enough to go out and find out what happened to them? I've got a decent amount of money saved up, so I'm willing to offer a reward if they find anything."

Forum Explorer
2015-07-03, 05:37 PM
"Do you indeed?" Asks Javeris unconvinced. "I pay for actual assistance rendered, but I fear I will not stumble into clever scams." He looks at the rascal searchingly for several heartbeats.
"I'm seeking the finest house of lodging the malodourous town as to offer."

Gaging weather the child is attempting a con, or can deliver.
[roll0]

It looks like child is still making his mind up on if to try and con or help, he rubs at an eye, and scratches his nose. "No troubles, no worries, but can I see the color of your coin before I take you anywhere?"

Your thieves Cant ability is saying that the eye rub>scratch is a commonly used message, asking if the person they are talking to is also a thief or rogue.

DeadHunter
2015-07-03, 05:55 PM
Hmm The sound of a hunt had peaked his interest. The ocean never kept much of a draw for him so piracy wasn't exactly high on his list. But the sounds of a hunt, that caught him. Hmmm. Where could I find these... hunters.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-03, 06:32 PM
"Ya found one right here, stranger."

A lean man of average height moves from the base of the stairs and sits next to the orc. His attire is made up of heavy clothing in hues of brown and red, a short beard adorns his face, and he wears a wide-brimmed hat.

"I've been on more than a few hunting expeditions in the time I've been here in Fakamusk, so I'm sure I'd be able to find you a spot on the next one that heads out. What's your name? Mine's Mordecai."

He offers the orc a handshake and waits for a reply.

Basically this guy (http://orig01.deviantart.net/7d87/f/2010/094/d/2/mystic_gunslinger_by_hideyoshi.jpg) without the magitech stuff (i.e. the gun and the bracer).

Zergrinch
2015-07-03, 08:27 PM
The elf looked startled, but gave Zack a polite, if stressed, smile. "Perhaps. I'm looking to hire a group to go into the swamps. I broke my arm and had to stay back while my friends and teammates when hunting without me. But that was weeks ago. They should've been back by now, and I'm worried that something has happened to them. Do you know of a team of people who are capable enough to go out and find out what happened to them? I've got a decent amount of money saved up, so I'm willing to offer a reward if they find anything."

"Well... not at the moment, no," Zack replies. "But you could do worse than post a notice at the local pub, eh? Why don't we give it a shot?"

eleazzaar
2015-07-03, 09:00 PM
It looks like child is still making his mind up on if to try and con or help, he rubs at an eye, and scratches his nose. "No troubles, no worries, but can I see the color of your coin before I take you anywhere?"

Javeris fishes three coins from an inner pocket, copper, silver, and gold. He taps the side of his pointed nose with his other hand, and the coins soon return to the pocket. He toe traces idle lines in the dirt, as he waits for an acknowledgment from the waif, and the he follows after.

The nose-tap and toe trace communicate, "I'm nobody's fool", but don't indicate which specialty he might practice.

DeadHunter
2015-07-04, 01:47 PM
After a pause as he sizes up the human he accepts the outreached hand. Verrock Of The Black Blades. He turns back into his seat as he thinks about whether he should pursue the topic with this man or not. Looking sideways again at him he can't think of a good reason why not. Humans. He never truly did get them. Mmm I'm in need of gold... He leans ever so much closer and lowers his voice, his words seem to almost rumble out of his hulking chest. And beasts aren't the only thing I hunt.

You soon realize the style of work this orc is truly accustom to.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-04, 02:36 PM
"Well... not at the moment, no," Zack replies. "But you could do worse than post a notice at the local pub, eh? Why don't we give it a shot?"

The hunter sighs, "I suppose so. I was hoping to start the search today though. Well, Miss Chandler's pub is pretty popular, I guess we should head there first."

Javeris fishes three coins from an inner pocket, copper, silver, and gold. He taps the side of his pointed nose with his other hand, and the coins soon return to the pocket. He toe traces idle lines in the dirt, as he waits for an acknowledgment from the waif, and the he follows after.

The nose-tap and toe trace communicate, "I'm nobody's fool", but don't indicate which specialty he might practice.

The urchin nods. "Alright then. I'll take ya to Miss Chandler's. It's got the best drinks, and good rooms. It's about as good as it gets in this town." The urchin heads off, expecting Javeris to follow him.

eleazzaar
2015-07-04, 02:55 PM
"Lead on..." Javeris motions the waif forward. But his half-lidded eyes skill scan his surroundings.

Zergrinch
2015-07-04, 07:39 PM
"Lead the way," Zack tells the elf, as he tries to pat the man's back (he could only reach up to his tailbone) in reassurance.

czieg
2015-07-04, 10:03 PM
[OOC: My weekend has been busy! Holiday(Relatives+Friends)=No productivity]

Leydin ooh'd at the mention of work at hitting things. Interested, she skipped into the tavern, her quarterstaff in one hand. "I'm looking for work too! I'm a sailor, but not a pirate, and I'm good at fighting too. Pirates, drunks, and once a really big shark!" Some may think that the spirited girl was joking, but there had been occurrence when a rather large shark had been poking at their ship, the crew discouraged any prodding with a multitude of ranged weaponry, spending it off looking for less annoying prey. She hadn't really done anything to help against it, but she liked to think that it was a group effort, so everyone should get credit, especially her.

Stopping, Leydin looked up at the hulking orc in front of her. "You like a tough fighter..." As he mentions hunting things other then beasts, her head turned to one side, trying to understand what he meant. Not beasties... so ghosts or zombies? Maybe he hunts really rare plants? Why did people have to say things that were so confusing?

[OOC: Wow, that censorship...]

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-04, 10:23 PM
"And beasts aren't the only thing we'll run into out on the marshes, either," Mordecai says to the orc. "Your experience may come in handy. The bullywugs have been pretty active this season."

Mordecai nods in greeting to the young woman as she enters.

"Heh. Looks like we've got a nice little swamp-huntin' crew goin' on here. It's pretty dangerous out there, sure you can handle it? The things out in the swamp don't go down as easy as your average drunken sailor."

DeadHunter
2015-07-05, 02:15 AM
Verrok looks around at the individuals now surrounding him. He begins to think he hasn't been talking quiet enough. Are these people are talking with me?

He looks down at the two big beaming eyes questioning him. The reality of the situation setting in. Ahmm a fighter only fights. And tough is an opinion. He looks at the other one. Before he could speak the two begin speaking with each other. Unsure of what to make of his surroundings he furrows his brow and attempts to understand what he's hearing. We? Swamp-huntin' crew? Verrok has never been good at interacting with humans and this was a perfect example of where his understanding fell short. He merely shakes his head. Humans.

czieg
2015-07-05, 11:18 AM
"And beasts aren't the only thing we'll run into out on the marshes, either," Mordecai says to the orc. "Your experience may come in handy. The bullywugs have been pretty active this season."

Mordecai nods in greeting to the young woman as she enters.

"Heh. Looks like we've got a nice little swamp-huntin' crew goin' on here. It's pretty dangerous out there, sure you can handle it? The things out in the swamp don't go down as easy as your average drunken sailor."

Leydin's smile begins to threaten to take in her ears and an almost malicious glint forms in her eye. "Master Ren taught me how to fight! I can take on anything in the swamp!" to emphasize her point, she slams one end of her staff into the ground, making a rather loud bonk fill the room. She raises a hand, as if asking permission to speak in a institution. "One question though, what's a bullywug?"

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-05, 11:30 AM
"Nasty, slimy little degenerate frog-people. They send a raiding party out of the swamps every couple of weeks. Not much fun at parties. It's a good day out on the marshes when we don't see any."

czieg
2015-07-05, 11:36 AM
The sailor furrowed her brow for a moment, considering the description. She had never heard of such creatures during her time sailing, but she had heard of people doing other things with frogs, so she figured it might be best to ask if they did it with frog men. "Do they make good frog-legs out of them?"

Forum Explorer
2015-07-06, 03:15 AM
"Lead on..." Javeris motions the waif forward. But his half-lidded eyes skill scan his surroundings.

"Lead the way," Zack tells the elf, as he tries to pat the man's back (he could only reach up to his tailbone) in reassurance.

The urchin and the elf both lead the way towards Miss Chandler's pub. In a stunning coincidence you both manage to arrive at the same time. The urchin glances at Zack but mostly ignores him,

"I've done my part, so pay up." He said simply, holding a hand out to Javeris.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-06, 03:32 AM
The two halflings enter the tavern just in time to hear part of an exchange between a few of the people inside.

"With how bad they smell? Hmph. Not likely. Say, miss, I never got your name. That'll be good to know if I need to introduce you to an employer. Mine's Mordecai, as I've already mentioned to my acquaintance Varrock here." He indicates the orc with a nod, then turns to the woman behind the bar and hands her a few coins. "Mornin', Loranda. A drink for each of these fine individuals, if you please. Nothin' too strong, since it isn't even past noon yet."

Zergrinch
2015-07-06, 03:51 AM
Zack's eyes nearly bug out of his head as he sees Javeris arriving at the Inn just about the same time he does. He mutters something to the manservant in the halfling tongue, as he escorts the Elf inside.

"Gentlemen, if I may have your attention please. My friend is in dire need of sellswords to track down his lost friends in the swamp, and would pay any qualified comers most handsomely."

czieg
2015-07-06, 09:00 AM
The two halflings enter the tavern just in time to hear part of an exchange between a few of the people inside.

"With how bad they smell? Hmph. Not likely. Say, miss, I never got your name. That'll be good to know if I need to introduce you to an employer. Mine's Mordecai, as I've already mentioned to my acquaintance Varrock here." He indicates the orc with a nod, then turns to the woman behind the bar and hands her a few coins. "Mornin', Loranda. A drink for each of these fine individuals, if you please. Nothin' too strong, since it isn't even past noon yet."

Leydin seems to consider this, her hand in her chin. After a long moment, her head perks up with a response. "But old cheese smells bad too, and people eat that too." When Mordecai introduces Varrock, she gives him a much more scrutinizing eye. "I wonder which of us is better in a fight."

Zack's eyes nearly bug out of his head as he sees Javeris arriving at the Inn just about the same time he does. He mutters something to the manservant in the halfling tongue, as he escorts the Elf inside.

"Gentlemen, if I may have your attention please. My friend is in dire need of sellswords to track down his lost friends in the swamp, and would pay any qualified comers most handsomely."

Leydin turns towards the newcomer. "Well, I don't have any swords to sell, but I am looking for work that involves fighting, so I can help!" Not realizing she had just defined a sellsword, Leydin skips over to Zack. "You are really small."

eleazzaar
2015-07-06, 09:28 AM
"I've done my part, so pay up." He said simply, holding a hand out to Javeris.

Javeris seeming to ignore the other patrons, drops a couple coppers into the child's hand, and without a word glides into the inn. He settles near the counter and requests the presense of the master of this establishment.

DeadHunter
2015-07-06, 02:01 PM

Sifting through the commotion that was now surrounding him he managed to catch something he wanted to hear. Turning from the bar he looks to the small man. If it's a sellsword you seek, then you have found what you are looking for.

He reaches over with a long arm and, without getting up, pulls over another seat. Now tell me, where was he last seen? Where do you think he went? And most importantly, where do we start?

Forum Explorer
2015-07-08, 03:16 AM
Sifting through the commotion that was now surrounding him he managed to catch something he wanted to hear. Turning from the bar he looks to the small man. If it's a sellsword you seek, then you have found what you are looking for.

He reaches over with a long arm and, without getting up, pulls over another seat. Now tell me, where was he last seen? Where do you think he went? And most importantly, where do we start?

"Well this was easy," The elf said, a hopeful look appearing on his face. He cleared his throat before addressing you all "Um, right. Well, my friends and coworkers set out on their last hunting expedition without me, because I had a broken arm at the time. It was supposed to be a month long trip, but it's been nearly a week since they were due to come back. I'm worried that something might have happened to them. They were planning on going to the north west swamps, and were planning on camping at a local druid circle as a way station. It's also where they would've headed if anything went wrong."

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-08, 03:30 AM
"North-west swamps, druid circle... that sounds familiar. What's the name of the fellow in charge of the voyage?" Mordecai extends a hand in greeting. "Name's Mordecai, by the way. I've been taking odd jobs out on the swamps for a while now, so you'll want me a long. You seem like an honorable fellow to me, and you've got a good reason to get a crew together, so you can count me in. That is, if the pay's good. What're you offering?"

eleazzaar
2015-07-08, 11:13 AM
Javeris seems to ignore the other patrons.

But he occasionally flicks a curious glance at the loud halfling.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-08, 12:49 PM
"North-west swamps, druid circle... that sounds familiar. What's the name of the fellow in charge of the voyage?" Mordecai extends a hand in greeting. "Name's Mordecai, by the way. I've been taking odd jobs out on the swamps for a while now, so you'll want me a long. You seem like an honorable fellow to me, and you've got a good reason to get a crew together, so you can count me in. That is, if the pay's good. What're you offering?"

"I'm offering five healing potions up front, and a total of two hundred and fifty gold pieces. Our leader? She's a human female named Talim Winddancer."

czieg
2015-07-08, 01:45 PM
Leydin perks up at the name, either she recognized it or... "Does that mean she can dance on the wind? Because that would be totally cool and I want to find her so she can teach me how." ...that. Leydin starts bouncing in place, much like the manner of a small child that has been given too much sugar. Would that mean she can fly? Or does she have to do one of those fancy jumps and she can move around in the air like that, because that would be totally cool too!"

Forum Explorer
2015-07-08, 03:55 PM
Leydin perks up at the name, either she recognized it or... "Does that mean she can dance on the wind? Because that would be totally cool and I want to find her so she can teach me how." ...that. Leydin starts bouncing in place, much like the manner of a small child that has been given too much sugar. Would that mean she can fly? Or does she have to do one of those fancy jumps and she can move around in the air like that, because that would be totally cool too!"

"What? Um, no. She's descended from some tribal group, and her family was their shamans or something. They were primitive Gaia worshipers, and her name is from some ritual." The elf said, a little confused by Leydin's energy and enthusiasm.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-08, 04:00 PM
Mordecai thinks for a moment. "Two hundred and fifty... yeah, that'll work. I'm in. Just tell me when and where."

DeadHunter
2015-07-08, 08:17 PM
Listening to the replies Verrok nods in agreement to Mordecai's response. Mmmm I agree to this as well. My axe is yours.

czieg
2015-07-08, 09:33 PM
"Oh, she worships the Lady of the Waves too?" Leydin's eyes seem to sparkle slightly at the mention of her favored goddess. "But she probably doesn't call her that with a name like 'Winddancer...' What do they call her? Something with the word 'wings' because of the whole 'air' thing. Maybe they think of her as some really cool bird...?" Leydin starts mumbling to herself as she thinks before snapping back to attention. "But I really want to help find her! I can fight and everyone could use more money!"

Zergrinch
2015-07-08, 09:34 PM
"Excellent! Excellent! Looks like we have our rescue party! We should go now, lest the cold trail turns even colder! "

In truth, 50 gold pieces won't solve his money problems, but would at least postpone the day of reckoning. The halfling glances nervously at Javeris, hoping he won't find a way to tag along on the expedition.

eleazzaar
2015-07-08, 09:58 PM
After waiting in vain for some obvious sign from sire Gemleaf, Javeris turns and speaks.

"Pardon my intrusion, my good elf, but I couldn't help but overhear you were assembling an overland rescue party. Surely such a party would need, in addition to brave sword arms, a skilled hand to tend the cookfire? This time of year seems ideal for a wilderness perambulation, and so I have the honor of offering the humble services of myself, Javeris Holum, halfling." Javeris makes a precise, but shallow bow.

DeadHunter
2015-07-09, 01:43 AM
In agreement, Verrok nods. HaRahm The less time we waste, the better our chances. He looks over at the well spoken halfling, unsure what to expect but still remaining optimistic. There are strength in numbers. Take what you can. He turns back to the bar. If he's weak he won't survive to collect anyways.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-09, 02:27 PM
Mordecai thinks for a moment. "Two hundred and fifty... yeah, that'll work. I'm in. Just tell me when and where."

"I'd like for you to get moving as soon as you can, but I understand if you have some preperations to make first. I'd suggest you start by heading to the druid circle. It's easy enough to find, and my crew were headed there, so maybe a druid has some more information on where they could be."

eleazzaar
2015-07-11, 12:15 PM
"Will there be opportunities to resupply on the road?" Javeris inquires.

Zergrinch
2015-07-13, 02:35 AM
"Well then, let's go!" Zack says with a wide forced grin, in truth partially chagrined that Javeris has forced his way into the rescue party.

DeadHunter
2015-07-13, 09:41 AM
The orc downs the remainder of his drink and stands from his seat. I agree. Let's waste no more time.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-13, 11:28 AM
Int to know where the druid circle is:
[roll0]
ETA: I think I know where the druid circle is.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-13, 11:45 AM
"Will there be opportunities to resupply on the road?" Javeris inquires.

"Just what you can harvest or hunt in the swamp,"

Int to know where the druid circle is:
[roll0]
ETA: I think I know where the druid circle is.

Yup. It's about a day's travel to the North-West, Though it is possible to get lost, even if you know the way.

eleazzaar
2015-07-14, 09:26 AM
"Then I shall obtain the neccesary sustainance for a party of five. I trust a small advance on the reward is forthcomming to provide the requisite supplies?"

Javeris waits expectantly for the clink of coin...

Forum Explorer
2015-07-14, 06:10 PM
"Then I shall obtain the neccesary sustainance for a party of five. I trust a small advance on the reward is forthcomming to provide the requisite supplies?"

Javeris waits expectantly for the clink of coin...

"If you're lacking the skills or equipment for an expedition into the swamp, then perhaps I'd be better off hiring someone else. I can't afford to throw money away if you aren't able to succeed."

DeadHunter
2015-07-14, 07:15 PM
"If you're lacking the skills or equipment for an expedition into the swamp, then perhaps I'd be better off hiring someone else. I can't afford to throw money away if you aren't able to succeed."

Upon hearing the remark the lumbering orc speaks up. Success is all some of us know. We are more then fit to take up this task. He adjust his gear, ready to go.

eleazzaar
2015-07-14, 09:24 PM

Javeris leans in confidentially and lowers his voice. He does not glance at the orc.

"I regret to inform you sir, that those with the wit to succeed so often also have the wit perceive a disadvantageous buisness deal. Success is not ours to promise, the swamp is vast and they may have already perished and lie deep in the muck, and only a fool would stake his honor on a promise to search every inch. If you would have the best chance of success, perhaps you should not put all your hope on those who boast much, and plan and consider little.

All I have requested is the cost of food neccesary to sustain the searchers, which is more than generous. The risk of this venture should not fall on the searchers alone."

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-14, 11:48 PM
"It would be kind of you to at least give us a day or two's rations and lend us a boat. Of course, if you aren't willing to do that you very well might be better off hirin' someone else, because we've got enough brains to not wade out into the swamp unsupplied."

At least, most of us seem to. Not sure about this sailor girl.

I feel like I should be able to roll something Charisma-based here. If so, [roll0]

Also, reminder that italics are thoughts, and thus not something you all can hear.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-15, 01:04 AM
Javeris leans in confidentially and lowers his voice. He does not glance at the orc.

"I regret to inform you sir, that those with the wit to succeed so often also have the wit perceive a disadvantageous buisness deal. Success is not ours to promise, the swamp is vast and they may have already perished and lie deep in the muck, and only a fool would stake his honor on a promise to search every inch. If you would have the best chance of success, perhaps you should not put all your hope on those who boast much, and plan and consider little.

All I have requested is the cost of food neccesary to sustain the searchers, which is more than generous. The risk of this venture should not fall on the searchers alone."

"It would be kind of you to at least give us a day or two's rations and lend us a boat. Of course, if you aren't willing to do that you very well might be better off hirin' someone else, because we've got enough brains to not wade out into the swamp unsupplied."

At least, most of us seem to. Not sure about this sailor girl.

I feel like I should be able to roll something Charisma-based here. If so, [roll0]

Also, reminder that italics are thoughts, and thus not something you all can hear.

"I am giving you those healing potions up front. If you are so short of supplies you can always sell one and buy more. But if that won't suffice, then here," the elf hands Javeris 5 gp. "That should give each of you two days worth of rations. More then enough to get you to the druid circle and back. And they generally have cheap food as well."

czieg
2015-07-15, 05:29 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting here, I am now leaving for vacation in an area where connection will be iffy. If I am holding up the game, move on without me if at all possible.

Leydin had been bouncing around while everyone talked business, investigating things that caught her short attention span, including one relatively large fly. At the mention of food however, she jumped back in. "Well, I have plenty of hard tack, salted pork and tea with me, so I'll be good to go!"

eleazzaar
2015-07-15, 10:18 AM
"I am giving you those healing potions up front. If you are so short of supplies you can always sell one and buy more. But if that won't suffice, then here," the elf hands Javeris 5 gp. "That should give each of you two days worth of rations. More then enough to get you to the druid circle and back. And they generally have cheap food as well."

"Very well," Javeris bows. "Shall we disperse and meet back here with our last-minute supplied purchased in readiness for departure in half an hour?"

If there is no counter-proposal, Javeris departs and purchases the rations, and returns.

DeadHunter
2015-07-15, 10:02 PM
Not well versed in the art of negotiation, Verrok accepts the coins in silence and purchases rations as well before returning. Hmm I'll never understand how these people work.

Zergrinch
2015-07-15, 10:24 PM
"Splendid!" the halfling says. "We assemble in half an hour's time to sally forth towards the Druid Circle!"

Zack leaves together with Javeris, and after enough distance has been placed between them and the tavern, he turns to the manservant. "Javeris, I expect you have some... questions?"

eleazzaar
2015-07-16, 11:38 AM
Zack leaves together with Javeris, and after enough distance has been placed between them and the tavern, he turns to the manservant. "Javeris, I expect you have some... questions?"

"Your Lordship is no doubt planning some inscrutable ruse. However, if I may be so bold as to note that this affectation that we are unaquainted create difficulties for me in my duty to keep your Lordship's garments in the immaculate state appropriate to your position."

Zergrinch
2015-07-17, 02:41 AM
"Ah, but you see dear Javeris, in order for a Lord to truly and effectively rule, he must understand the lot of those below his station, as well as their true thoughts and feelings. In order for this ruse to be successful, no one must recognize me as nobility, lest they become guarded in my presence. As such, I must rather insist that I and my clothing should receive no special treatment for this particular endeavor."

eleazzaar
2015-07-17, 08:56 AM
"Ah, but you see dear Javeris, in order for a Lord to truly and effectively rule, he must understand the lot of those below his station, as well as their true thoughts and feelings. In order for this ruse to be successful, no one must recognize me as nobility, lest they become guarded in my presence. As such, I must rather insist that I and my clothing should receive no special treatment for this particular endeavor."

"Very good your Lordship..." says Javeris stiffly, disapproval with this line of reasoning writ clearly in his pose.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-19, 01:54 AM
The group picks up their supplies without difficulty and meets up quickly. They set off towards the Druid Circle with Mordecai leading the way. At first the going is tough, with the group frequently having to wade up to their chest, and constantly struggling to pull free of mud and avoiding roots.

But as they went the times they needed to wade decreased and the ground grew firmer under their feet. The druid circle was clearly in a higher portion of the swamp. The journey almost got pleasant at that point. It was a warm and sunny day with plenty of shade. Sure their feet were wet and their was a constant assault by mosquitoes and other blood suckers, but all things considered things were pretty nice.

The buzzing of the insects seems to grow louder and you idly glance behind and above you, only to see five oversized fleshy mosquitoes descending from above. They have only a small tuft of hair around their heads, and clawed limbs instead of the thin legs mosquitoes have. If it weren't for the proboscis instead of a mouth, and giant oversized bat wings, you'd think they were some sort of bat.

eleazzaar
2015-07-20, 01:17 PM
"Gentlemen, and err Lady, I fear we are about to be accosted by unsavory wingéd vermin! If I might suggest the drawing of weapons."

Javeris points to the sky, and takes up a position beside the other halfling, hands loose at his sides.

DeadHunter
2015-07-20, 01:43 PM
Alerted, Verrok reaches for his axe and looks to where Javeris is pointing. Little wingid beasts. He stands ready to engage his flying adversaries.

czieg
2015-07-20, 03:53 PM
Leydin swatted at the multitude of Mosquitos with her free hand, the other held her trusty quarterstaff. "Why did the Lady of Nature make such annoying little bugs? They won't stop biting me!" When Javeris raised the alarm, she looked at him, confused. He was saying to ready their weapons, but he was speaking so strangely. She looked up at whatever had spooked him so badly and didn't speak for a moment. She let out a small sound of childlike wonder before speaking. "They look nasty..." Smiling, she spun around her quarterstaff in a quick flourish before falling into a battle-ready stance. "Let's kill 'em."

If they are within reach, attack. If not, move as close as possible, then attack. See OOC for rolls.

eleazzaar
2015-07-20, 04:23 PM
Turn 1:

Javeris lets his eyes go slightly out of focus, his attention anywhere and everywhere, alert.

OoC: J. takes the Defensive action.

Zergrinch
2015-07-21, 12:54 AM
"Unsavory wingéd vermin? Where? Where?" Zack calls out in a confusion, before he looks straight up.

"Oh my. These are the biggest mosquitoes I have ever seen! Be off with you! Shoo now!"

If there is a stirge within melee range: Shocking Grasp vs Stirge.
If there is no stirge within melee range: Fire Bolt vs Stirge closest to him and Javeris.

Shocking Grasp/Fire Bolt: To hit - [roll0]. If roll is 1, Lucky reroll - [roll1].
Shocking Grasp damage: [roll2]. Crit: [roll3]. On hit, can't take reactions.
Fire Bolt damage: [roll4]. Crit: [roll5].

Note: Zack is always ready to use Warding Flare (reaction) to impose disadvantage on any hostile attack rolls against him that he can see.

Zack (Lightfoot Halfling Spellsword Sorcerer 1)
HP: 8/8 | AC: 16 | Hit Dice: 1/1 | Melee To-Hit: +2 | Ranged To-Hit: +5
MP: 2/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/- | Spell To-Hit: 6 | Save DC: 14 | Sorcery Points: 0/0
Warding Flare: 4/4 | Daggers: 2/2 | Light Crossbow Bolts: 20/20

DeadHunter
2015-07-21, 01:33 AM
Once within range Verrok attacks without pause. The speed of his black axe like a blur in the air. Rrahhh

Attacking nearest enemy possible, since I'm pretty much last if one is attacking me I guess I'll go for that one.

Attack: Great-axe [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-21, 02:14 AM
Mordecai turns around, sees the stirges, and curses.

"Damn blood-suckers. You'll not be feeding on us today!"

He then draws a crossbow, fires on the nearest one, and backpedals away from the creatures.

Draw crossbow, attack the stirge that has been struck the most times already (prioritizing closer stirges in the event of a tie), move 30 feet farther away from the stirges than he currently is.

Attack: [roll0]
A/D: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Forum Explorer
2015-07-21, 05:00 PM
Leydin waits a second and then leaps forward swinging her staff. The stirge shifts out of the way, but Leydin's hand lashes out, catching it, and flinging it into a tree, killing it instantly.

Another stirge swoops at Mordecai, but can't find a stable spot to land. Zack thinking quickly moves over and zaps it with a handful of electricity, setting Mordecai up for an easy shot and kill.

A stirge heads for Zack, seeing an opportunity to strike, but Zack wheels around and sends up a flare of light, forcing it to miss. It lands on the ground, and begins frantically flapping it's wings to get back in the air.

Another heads for Verrok, and manages to land on his bare arm, sinking it's proboscis into his arm and attaching to his flesh. Unable to hit it with his axe without taking off his arm, Verrok is forced to listen as it begins sucking up blood.

The last stirge dives at Javeris, but he simply steps back, forcing the stirge bank sharply in order to avoid crashing, hovering in place as it prepared to attack again.

Verrok takes 6 damage. Two Stirges are killed.

New initiative order:
Leydin
Javeris
Zack
Mordecai
Stirge 3
Stirge 5
Verrok
Stirge 2

Positioning:
Stirge 3 is at Zack's feet, Stirge 5 is attached to Verrok's arm, Stirge 2 is hovering by Javeris.

Zergrinch
2015-07-21, 08:05 PM
"Well well well, what do we have here? A well-done wingéd vermin, coming right up!" Zack sneers as he looms over the prone stirge with his arms crackling in sorcerous power.

Shocking Grasp (with advantage): [roll0]. [roll1].
In case of 1, [roll2]
On hit: [roll3] lightning damage and can't take reactions until start of its next turn.

After well and truly roasting the batlike stirge to a crisp (even if it's not dead, it can't take OA), the halfling casually strolls over to Javeris. "I say, Javeris, you seem to have a little infestation above your head. It doesn't suit you, we should get rid of it."

czieg
2015-07-21, 08:37 PM
Leydin grinned at the feeling of her fist crunching into the flying blood-sucker, laughing as the foul thing landed in a heap. She turned to find her next opponent when she realized something. That bug-freak-thing had left it's juices on her hand! "Ewww..." She shook most of it off, running for the next closest oversized mosquito to squash.

Move to the next closest stirge and attack. If it is Verrok, use the one-handed to prevent breaking his arm (as much) if she misses and hits him instead.
Quarterstaff- [roll0]
Adv/Dis- [roll1]
Damage (If not Verrok)- [roll2] Crit- [roll3]
Damage (Verrok)- [roll4] Crit- [roll5]

Martial Arts- [roll6]
Adv/Dis- [roll7]
Damage- [roll8]
Crit- [roll9]

DeadHunter
2015-07-22, 03:24 AM
Ahh. To hell with these wretched vermin. He shrugs off the pain in his arm and maintains his yet-to-be-effective onslaught.

Attacking nearest enemy, if not the one on my arm.

Attack: Great-axe [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

eleazzaar
2015-07-22, 10:33 AM
"I say, Javeris, you seem to have a little infestation above your head. It doesn't suit you, we should get rid of it."

"Indeed My... ehem, fellow halfling."

Javeris draws a kitchen knife from his mess kit, and flings it unerringly at the hovering stirge.

attack [roll0]
(treating kitchen knife as dagger)

damage [roll1] +Sneak attack (ally within 5 of foe) [roll2]

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-25, 12:55 PM
Fire at the most-hit living stirge, prioritizing closest. If none are within 80 feet, move until one of them is before firing.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-29, 02:09 PM
Everyone quickly chops, blasts, or otherwise massacres the remaining Stirges, and other then Verrok's dripping arm (which is quickly scabbing over) and the mess on the ground, the swamp remains unchanged.

OOC

You get 25 xp each.

Also give me a post describing things like your walking order and who is guiding the expedition.

Zergrinch
2015-07-30, 02:08 AM
Zack stretches his hand to work out the kinks. "Well, I have to say that was rather stimulating! No one severely injured, I hope? We are unfortunately rather distant from any sort of healing! If you're ready to move on, allow me to propose a marching order. We'll have the half-Orc go first, followed by the outlander. Javeris and I go next, and the lass shall watch our rear. Mordecai, you look like you know your way around a swamp, so why don't you lead us?"

Pausing for a bit, the halfling turns to Javeris. "My fellow halfling! You seem to know your way around the kitchen, what with the expert way you threw that kitchen knife. Do you suppose stirge meat is safe for consumption?"

Meat shields up front, and that means the Barbarian, who's a melee attacker anyway.
Mordecai has the highest nature check, so he should lead the team. Plus, as an outlander he should be comfy in these conditions.
Javeris is next because he has the highest passive perception.
Zack follows because although he has the highest AC, he's a crappy melee combatant and needs to fire from range.
Leydin is placed at the rear because of her high speed, and second-highest passive perception to prevent being ambushed from behind.

eleazzaar
2015-07-30, 09:33 AM
"I should not recommend ingesting the flesh of stirges-- however skillfully prepared. Allthough I have heard in parties of the more decadent sort, that roasted stirges wings are used as a decorative touch. Hardly something that bears dwelling on, sir."

Javeris has no objection to the proposed marching order.

Zergrinch
2015-07-30, 09:44 AM
The halfling takes out a dagger, and slices off a couple of stirge wings in one swift stroke. With a dazzling smile, he says, "Well then, far be it from me to eschew such an interesting victual! Onward?" While Zack mouthed the words, he wiggles his fingers to create a minor illusory sound next to Javeris' ear that simply whispers "Ix-nay on the Ir-say!"

czieg
2015-07-30, 11:28 AM
Leydin smiles as she wipes off gunk from her staff and hands. It had been a quick fight, but a fun one. Almost no one had gotten injured that couldn't take a few more bumps. Grinning, she twirls the piece of wood a few times to dry it off. "Ooh, can we fight more of those? They were fun!" She absentmindedly looked around for more things to fight, she was getting paid to have fun and explore and help people and have fun.

When Zack suggests the marching order, she slumps in place. "Aww... why do I have to be in the back? I'm faster then all of you anyway..." she pouts, looking rather dejected. She kicked a log on the ground, disappointed. These guys were mean...

[OOC: Sounds like a good plan, but Leydin won't like it.]

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-30, 12:28 PM
Mordecai steps to the front of the party without objection.

"It's a good day out on the swamps when we only run into those damn bloodsuckers once, so you might just get your wish, miss. Not that it would be pleasant. The swarms are usually a lot larger than that, we must have run into a few stragglers."

DeadHunter
2015-07-30, 09:37 PM
Turning around to face the halfling Verrok was caught slightly off guard by the remark. Half-Orc...? My blood is full blood orc. Scratching the bite on his arm, the orc lumbers up to the front. His silence to be taken as a sign of acceptance of the pack order.

Forum Explorer
2015-07-30, 09:49 PM
The team heads off, and travels onward. But soon the trail begins to become vague and uncertain. Now it's your guides time to shine in showing you the right way.

OOC
Give me a nature test or justify a different skill check

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-30, 11:14 PM
Survival (it's Nature, but more practical):
[roll0]

DeadHunter
2015-07-31, 01:15 AM
Survival (Practical is good.): [roll0]

Forum Explorer
2015-08-01, 07:35 PM
The journey is proceeding well, and it seems like the ground is getting firmer with every step. In fact you even find another trail, one that is well trodden. But the swamp isn't without it's dangers as you see two large snakes rise up off the ground, blocking the trail. Looking behind you reveals a third snake, similarly rising up to strike. The snakes are a dark brown mixed with a olive color, letting them blend in well with the dirt and dead plant matter on the ground.

The breed you are facing if known as the Wolf Snake, for their tendency to hunt in groups. A weird breed that prefers to hunt groups of animals rather then ambushing single targets.

Zergrinch
2015-08-01, 07:58 PM
"Say, my fellow halfling, what do you suppose those creatures are? Are they edible, by any chance?"

The halfling points his finger at the dead plant matter on the ground below the snakes, and ignites it with his fire bolt.

Initiative: [roll0]. Fire Bolt vs. Dead Plants: [roll1]. Hit: [roll2]. Crit: [roll3].

czieg
2015-08-01, 10:37 PM
Leydin hears the slithering and rustle of leaves in front and peeks her head around to see the two huge snakes in front of them. She pouted for a moment, she wanted to fight more weird-looking creatures, but it seemed the people at the front would instead, that was until she heard more hissing behind her. She turned around and smiled happily. "Hee hee, that looks like fun!" she chirped, almost as if she were a child who just found a new place to play. Flipping her staff around in her hand, she leaps forth to engage the creature.

Once she closes the distance, the monk swings her staff in a wild, two-handed arc, not showing any of the control that was really behind it. Whether she hit or missed with the attack, she kept the momentum going, sticking it into the ground behind her and using it as base so she could kick out with the toe of one swamp-covered boot, trailing brown swamp water behind it.
Initiative: [roll0]
Attack (Quarterstaff): [roll1]
Adv/Dis: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Crit Damage: [roll4]

Attack (Martial Boot to the Head): [roll5]
Adv/Dis: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Crit Damage: [roll8]

Forum Explorer
2015-08-04, 10:57 PM
Leydin leaps forward, but the snake is faster and sinks it's fangs into her before her blow can land. The two in front split their targets, one going for Verrok, and the other going for Mordecai. Luckily Mordecai manages to twist out of the way of his snake. Verrok catches his of the haft of his axe, flinging it back and preparing to launch a might attack of his own.

Leydin takes 7 damage and must make a Con saving throw of 11 or take 10 poison damage

eleazzaar
2015-08-05, 10:22 AM
Javeris senses this is not the time to hold back. Drawing his concealed shortsword, he leaps forward and hacks at the neck of the snake that faces Mordecai, and with his other hand swings in the snake's general direction with his dagger.

Shortsword: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

Two Weapon Fighting Bonus Action:
Dagger: [roll2] damage: [roll3]

Sneak Attack Damage (because enemy is adjacent to Mordecai): [roll4] (can apply to either but not both attacks)

Extra Anchovies
2015-08-05, 11:30 AM
Mordecai regains his footing, steps a short distance away, and takes a shot with his crossbow.

Delay until after Javeris's action.

Move outside of the nearest snake's reach, draw crossbow, fire at nearest snake.

Forum Explorer
2015-08-05, 12:35 PM
The snake moved to attack Mordecai as he stepped away, but Zack firebolt threw up a bunch of smoke from the wet ground, startling it, making it hesitate and miss it's chance. Mordecai landed his shot, but the snake was still up, moving, and looking pissed. It turned to Verrok and attacked him, who had dispatched his snake with a single mighty blow, leaving it in two pieces on the ground.

Leydin, unfortunately, wasn't doing so well. She managed to brush the snake off her, but the poison quickly bought her to her knees, and then to the ground. She needed help fast, but there was a snake in the way, as her opponent slithered over her to strike at Zack.

Things get tricky here. Snake 1 is dead, Snake 2 is injured. Snake 3 and 2 both hit their targets, however Snake 2 can die before it's turn if Javeris hits it, and Zack has a reaction that can give the snake attacking him disadvantage. But here's the results if the hits happen regardless.

Verrok takes 11 damage from the bite and poison and has 5 hp left.

Zack takes 10 damage from the bite and is dropped as well.

eleazzaar
2015-08-05, 08:42 PM
Blades out, Javeris backs up so he is side to side with the Orc. He then delays his turn until a snake is adjacent to Verrok, then exploiting the snake's focus on the larger threat, he will strike.

short sword: [roll0] damgage [roll1]
dagger: [roll2] damgage [roll3]

Sneak attack damage: [roll4] (applies to on attack if successful)

Zergrinch
2015-08-05, 09:33 PM
Somehow, a snake slithers its way past the meat shields, and sinks its fangs into poor Zack.

The sorcerer vainly tries to interpose a blinding flare, but the creature unerringly navigates towards his scent.

Venom courses through the sorcerer's veins as his eyes roll up in his head, and he collapses face down into the swamp.

Extra Anchovies
2015-08-09, 10:11 AM
Seeing his fellow travelers falling around him, Mordecai curses, dashes a short distance away the snakes, and fires.

Move as far away from the snakes as possible, but no more than 80 feet away, and fire at the most injured one.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
A/D [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

DeadHunter
2015-08-09, 07:33 PM
Leaving his last attacker in bloody pieces, Verrok turns to the nearest foe and swing again. Rrrah. Eat blade limbless wretches.

Attacking nearest opponent.

HP 5/16
Axe Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
A/D [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

Forum Explorer
2015-08-09, 10:26 PM
Mordecai's bolt finishes off the snake he shot before, freeing Varrok up to charge at the final snake, chopping it in half. Victory is yours, but you still have to take care of the wounded.

Leydin death saving throw [roll0]

The downed players need to be stabilized, either by a healing potion or a medicine check of 10. The medicine check will put them at 1 hp, now that combat has ended (in combat it just prevents them from making death saving throws)

Oh, and you all get 30 xp.

eleazzaar
2015-08-10, 10:20 AM
Seeing the fallen, Javeris admits, "I fear I have only modest proficiency with the arts of healing. Is someone else more versed in the art?"

OOC: J.'s total bonus is +2

Zergrinch
2015-08-10, 11:01 AM
Zack, halfling sorcerer extraordinare, is lying facedown in the mud, choking on swampy water and moments from dying. If he were conscious, he would probably be dismayed at the ignominious manner of death he was about to enjoy.

I posted earlier TWICE, but my post disappeared on me. I had three successes before two failures, but c'est la vie...

Death Saving Throws
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
3: [roll2]
4: [roll3]
5: [roll4]
6: [roll5]
7: [roll6]
8: [roll7]

eleazzaar
2015-08-10, 08:42 PM
"Is There a Doctor in the Swamp!??"

Zergrinch
2015-08-10, 09:32 PM
Zack starts coughing - an act which probably saved his life. His eyes suddenly flutter open.

"*Cough Sputter* Did.... did we win?"

DeadHunter
2015-08-11, 08:54 AM
The orc stands cleaning the blood from his axe. Hmm Indeed, victory is ours. He was starting to have a real distaste for the area.

Zergrinch
2015-08-11, 09:01 AM
"That's.... good," the halfling says before he wobbles unsteadily and falls flat on his back. The heavily-wounded sorcerer is asleep within moments, floating merrily on the swamp water.

eleazzaar
2015-08-11, 10:42 AM
Since no one claims any skill with healing, Javeris hauls the fallen onto higher ground and administers a healing potion to each.

Roll your 2d4+2

Zergrinch
2015-08-11, 11:47 PM
Although Javeris force-feeds him a potion, Zack is still tired and remains asleep.

Zack regains [roll0] HP and is now at 8/8 HP.

Zergrinch
2015-08-16, 10:00 PM
Zack awakens a few hours later.

"So, what's happening now?"

DeadHunter
2015-08-17, 11:22 PM
Noticing his comrade awaken he replies. Mmm we regroup and press on. While we still draw breath. He gets up from where he was resting and picks up his recently cleaned axe.

Forum Explorer
2015-08-28, 02:31 PM
Aurora made her way through the swamps, heading towards the druid circle in order to get advice on which herbs make for the strongest healing potions. It was rather reckless to travel by herself, but she wasn't willing to let any of her rivals catch up, and she couldn't afford a mercenary escort.

Still she had been rather lucky, and didn't encounter any dangerous wildlife or monsters. She walked along the trail, and soon ran into a group of adventurers, apparently resting from their encounter with three deadly wolfsnakes.

Everyone else sees a young redheaded woman walking towards them. Meanwhile, Leydin has succumbed to poison of the wolfsnakes, and her corpse is at your feet. What do you do?

Larzzral
2015-08-28, 07:35 PM
Aurora is shocked at the party, but seeing the corpse, she quickly looks it over to see if the woman is as dead as she looks [roll0]
"Are you guys alright? I mean, other than her. Does anyone need help?"

eleazzaar
2015-08-28, 08:13 PM
Javeris, with head bowed, says quietly,

"It's too late..."

Zergrinch
2015-08-29, 09:22 AM
"Dead? No, can't be dead. Just resting. Sleeping."

The smile fades from Zack's eyes a moment before it leaves his lips.

"NO ONE DIES! I WON'T LET IT!!!"

"Listen, it's time to wake up. We have to go!" Zack says while shaking Leydin vigorously. "Wake up!"

"WAKE UP!" he yells with a great deal of force, as he slaps the female monk's face. "WAKE UP!"

Extra Anchovies
2015-08-29, 12:47 PM
Mordecai, leaning against a tree and looking at the ground, lets out a sigh. "We're not getting her back. It's tragic, I know - the girl had a lot of potential. But the swamp claims a lot of lives. Best to accept that she's gone and move on."

He lifts his head, slightly, and scans the surrounding area.

"If we leave her here in the swamp something's gonna dig her up pretty quick, but dragging her all the way to the druid circle for a proper burial might slow us down. If one of you wants to carry her I won't stop you, but I'm not hauling her body."

DeadHunter
2015-08-29, 01:18 PM
Verrok lets out a sigh as he looks down on his fallen comrade. Hmm I agree. The swamp has claimed her. He looks down upon her in silence. Then he shakes his head and heads to his pack to find a blanket to wrap her in. He then proceeds to wrap up the body and then throws her over his shoulder, her small figure dwarfed by his hulking frame. He grumbles to himself as he walks, almost upset by his decision.

Forum Explorer
2015-08-29, 02:27 PM
Aurora is shocked at the party, but seeing the corpse, she quickly looks it over to see if the woman is as dead as she looks [roll0]
"Are you guys alright? I mean, other than her. Does anyone need help?"

That's certainly a corpse. And a hysterical halfing, and a half-orc who gently pushes said halfing out of the way to pick said corpse up, and wrap it in a blanket.

Zergrinch
2015-08-30, 07:42 AM
"She's not dead!" the halfling roars, all the while punching the orc on the shin. "Stop acting like she's gone!"

The punching and the ranting continues, although with visibly-reduced strength as time passes.

eleazzaar
2015-08-31, 09:22 AM
Javeris clears his throat softly, and lays a restraining hand on the hysterical halfling's shoulder.

Zergrinch
2015-08-31, 11:11 PM
Zack does not say anything, but he suddenly embraces Javeris and starts sobbing into his shoulder.

DeadHunter
2015-09-01, 03:31 AM
With his wrapped companion raised high upon his shoulder, Verriok looks to his mourning company. Stand tall friends. We have a greater goal. She knew the risks and she died a warrior. In battle. We can only hope to go the same way. The thought seems to strike deep into his own beliefs. The orc stiffens and his volume increases. His words ring out as if recited. Errrahh Though we fought in off styles and we spoke in off tongues. Still all axes claim names and good warriors die young.

He stands over the smaller beings then turns upon their path at a pace easy to catch up to. A sign it's time to leave.

eleazzaar
2015-09-01, 09:07 AM
Zack does not say anything, but he suddenly embraces Javeris and starts sobbing into his shoulder.

Javeris is clearly uncomfortable at this unseemly display of emotion, but strives to look impassive and dignified. He leads the halfing after the orc.

Forum Explorer
2015-09-02, 11:13 PM
The group carries on, a member lost and a member gained. As it was, they were pretty close to the Druid Circle, as a mere two hours of walking later you found yourself following the well maintained trails of the druids. The ground was fully dirt, the constant croaking had died down, flowers were blooming, and even the bugs had stopped biting. An aura of serenity blanketed the area.

Which made it all more of a shock when you finally arrived. The homes of the druids were shattered, doors broken open, and crude shutters pulled apart. The occasional human corpse lay on the ground, accompanied by many animals that had fought to protect them. Still there aren't that many dead, and there didn't appear to be any dead attackers. Also there was a strange squelching noise, followed by a wet tearing. The source was coming from what appeared to be a shrine to Gaia, a small enclave of stones, with a large totem pole rising from the middle.

Zergrinch
2015-09-02, 11:30 PM
The already shell-shocked sorcerer wails even louder after seeing the carnage around him.

He blames himself for suggesting the expedition in the first place. He blames himself for formulating a marching order that led to the monk's death. He blames himself for succumbing to poison and slowing the group so much that they were unable to come to the druids' defense.

DeadHunter
2015-09-03, 09:25 PM
Gazing upon the ruined village the orc draws a collected breath. It was obvious a battle was fought here. He walks to the side of the trail and lays his wrapped companion softly against a tree. He then walks back to the group. He puts a quiet hand of comfort on the visibly distressed halfling's shoulder for only a second. He then proceeds into the village, his axe at the ready. He peers through the shattered doors and windows of the buildings as we walks by, slowly making his way to the suspicious shrine.

Perception Check [roll0] - To look and listen to surroundings for possible remaining life. Be it survivors or aggressors.

Survival Check [roll1] - To determine the direction of travel of survivors and aggressors as well as the type of tracks found and how old they are.

eleazzaar
2015-09-04, 10:04 AM
Javeris looks uncomfortable.

"Pray pardon the impropriety, and irregularity of it all, but this is a dire situation, and under the circumstance, I fear I must reveal a secret, in order to avoid unpleasant suprises and to be able to act for all our benefits."

He clears his throat.

"I am not simply a halfling, but have a bit of magical blood, which allows me to change shape to that of an owl. It is to the form of an owl, that I must now resort so that with keen eyes from above I can scout for enemies. We shall emply a simple code. One hoot for danger that you may be able to face. Two hoots for danger we must flee. And three hoots for saftey. I will not be able to speak as an owl, and have a limited number of transformations I may make in a day.

Now, if there are no objections to this plan, please turn your backs..."

Javeris waits...

Zergrinch
2015-09-04, 10:56 AM
A goofy look fills the dumbfounded halfling's face as his manservant makes the fantastical claim that he can magically turn into an owl. In spite of his own self-flagellation, Zack nevertheless cracks a grin.

"Why Javeris, I didn't take you to be the joking sort. Unless you are now telling me you are some sort of druid... "

eleazzaar
2015-09-04, 04:51 PM
"Why Javeris, I didn't take you to be the joking sort. Unless you are now telling me you are some sort of druid... "

"Nothing like a druid." says Javeris with dignity. "It simply is part of who I am."

DeadHunter
2015-09-04, 08:28 PM
Caught off guard by the remark the orc merely looks at his fellow companion puzzled. After a few short seconds he slowly nods his head and turns around. Not entirely sure what to expect. Strange folk this group.

Forum Explorer
2015-09-04, 09:00 PM
Gazing upon the ruined village the orc draws a collected breath. It was obvious a battle was fought here. He walks to the side of the trail and lays his wrapped companion softly against a tree. He then walks back to the group. He puts a quiet hand of comfort on the visibly distressed halfling's shoulder for only a second. He then proceeds into the village, his axe at the ready. He peers through the shattered doors and windows of the buildings as we walks by, slowly making his way to the suspicious shrine.

Perception Check [roll0] - To look and listen to surroundings for possible remaining life. Be it survivors or aggressors.

Survival Check [roll1] - To determine the direction of travel of survivors and aggressors as well as the type of tracks found and how old they are.

The ripping sound is certainly coming from something, because it stopped and you can hear something moving around. Whatever it is isn't that big. No bigger then a small person.

It has been approximately four or five days since the attack. There are giant frog tracks, animal tracks, and assorted humanoid tracks, which presumably accounts for both the attackers and the druids. The druids apparently fought with magic, tooth/claw, and wooden staves. Their attackers fought mostly with arrows, and tridents, though you can see evidence of other, likely metal, weapons being used as well. Afterwards the attackers went northwest. There aren't as many corpses as the number of dwellings would suggest. That and the tracks suggest that some druids may have been taken prisoner.

There is no sign of the missing hunters for that matter.

eleazzaar
2015-09-04, 09:57 PM
"Very well." sniffs Javeris.

"Remember the signal hoots."

Then he begins to squat on the ground, leaning down and streaching out his hands to the side. His fingers seem to grow flat and long. Suddenly feather burst from his clothes, and you realizes his size has been changing all this time. In a few seconds he looks more like an owl than a halfling. In a second more he looks nothing like a halfling, and a grey owl stands on the ground before you.

He give Zach a hard look then awkwardly taking off he flaps to the nearest tree. He scouts ahead, taking very short flights from tree to chimney, to tree, landing briefly then taking off again. Occasionally he looks back.

He's especially looking for a source of the noise and any danger.

Perception Check: [roll0]
Advantage because Owl [roll1]

Stealth: [roll2]

I added a tab for his owl-form stats (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DQTfopnzNgtY34dTzi4qHWzRbuyhfa-1CgFsjsfZv2c/edit#gid=519988804)

Forum Explorer
2015-09-04, 11:33 PM
The source of the noise is revealed to be an undead kobold, moving as quietly as it could towards the party. It's muzzle is bloody with old blood and it looks up at Javeris and hisses. Not bothering to try and catch the flying bird, but realizing it has been spotted by some sort of scout, it rises up out of it's cover and begins moving faster. It's still a good 120 yards away from the party, and out of direct line of sight due to some structures.

Zergrinch
2015-09-05, 02:16 AM
As the owl ascends to the sky, Zack continues staring at the mound of clothes Javeris left on the ground. His mouth is wide open; the halfling appears to be in shock and dead to the world.

eleazzaar
2015-09-05, 07:34 AM
Javeris hoots once loudly, and attempts to follow the kobold

As the owl ascends to the sky, Zack continues staring at the mound of clothes Javeris left on the ground.

Looking more closely Zach realizes contrary to his vivid expectations there is not a mound of clothes where Javeris stood. They must have been absorbed along with Javeris' equipment.

Zergrinch
2015-09-05, 07:56 AM
Wonder upon wonders! Javeris' clothes vanish before Zack's very eyes!

Or maybe it was a trick of the light!

Or maybe the sorcerer is slowly, but surely, going insane!

At any rate, he continues staring blankly at open space, completely unaware of any threat in the immediate vicinity. Why, if a zombified rat were to start gnawing on him, it would probably succeed beyond its wildest dreams!

DeadHunter
2015-09-05, 02:03 PM
Before he could turn back around the owl, which had previously been a person, was in the air. He watched as he flew from tree to rooftop, quietly scouting from various vantage points. Hhmmm a useful ally.

Though he couldn't see, he could hear. A single hoot of warning. If it hadn't been for the recent instruction he may have passed it off as nothing. He's found something, a threat. He raises his axe and prepares for what's to come.

Forum Explorer
2015-09-06, 07:55 PM
The undead kobold moves around the last building between the party and it and begins sprinting towards the party. It is now only 60 feet away.

Undead Kobold: [roll0]

Mordecai [roll1]

Zergrinch
2015-09-07, 02:59 AM
Zack continues to stand and look at where Javeris used to be. His mind has been blown. As if echoing his mental state, a surge of wild magic zips around the halfling.

In terms of story, I'm flavoring it as a Wild Magic surge although he isn't a Wild Magic sorcerer. In terms of mechanics, I'm readying his Shocking Grasp cantrip against any hostile creature that moves adjacent to him.

Shocking Grasp: [roll0] vs AC. Advantage (if target were wearing metal): [roll1].
Hit: [roll2] lightning damage; target can't take reactions until its next turn starts.

eleazzaar
2015-09-07, 09:04 AM
The owl returns to the party, and lands a step behind the mighty orc, but in front of the harried sorcerer. He returns to halfling form (with his clothes and gear intact) and takes a shot at the kobold before it closes.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

DeadHunter
2015-09-07, 02:06 PM
Seeing his opponent round the corner, the readied orc springs into action. He closes the gap with his axe held high.

Axe Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
A/D [roll2]
Crit [roll3]

Forum Explorer
2015-09-08, 02:32 AM
The undead kobold rushes forward as Mordecai takes a shot, hitting it with a bolt to the gut. It slowed down enough to take a brutal chop from Verrok's charge, spraying black ichor everywhere. Amazingly, it still stands, and despratly claws Verrok's face, tearing into his cheeks and nose. But Javeris gets his clear shot, sending his attack into the undead kobold's head, causing it to collapse immediately.

Verrok takes 9 damage. The kobold is annihilated.

Zergrinch
2015-09-08, 02:37 AM
Magic dissipates from the halfling's hands as he continues staring blankly into space. Then he faces towards Javeris, and his lips move although nothing comes out of his mouth.

DeadHunter
2015-09-08, 12:47 PM
Verrok stands over his vanquished foe. His black blade dripping with the same black residue that's spattered across his body and face. Rrrr an undead straggler, or a scout. Why else be left behind when no other is?

He looks up and quickly glances around before heading back to once again to where he placed his fallen comrade. Before reaching her he stops, realizing the beauty of the tree and the tall grass that she was resting under. This could be possibly the nicest part of this entire swamp. The orc lets out a large sigh and walks away. His scratched up face, soon to be just another scar.

eleazzaar
2015-09-15, 11:06 AM
"I shall endevour to ascertain what tragic events have transpired here."

Javeris wanders through the village looking around.

Preception [roll0]

Zergrinch
2015-09-15, 09:50 PM
The halfling sits down on the ground and continues staring, unblinkingly, at Javeris.

Forum Explorer
2015-09-16, 12:19 AM
Javeris doesn't find much. He finds some broken tridents and arrows, and a bunch of dead druids. He doesn't find any dead attackers, so either they were so skilled as to not take a single casualty, or they cleaned up their dead.

Zergrinch
2015-09-16, 02:44 AM
After a fashion, Zack slowly gets up. He walks towards the dead, well, dead-undead kobold, and prods it with his weapon.

Investigation: [roll0]

DeadHunter
2015-09-16, 01:22 PM
Verrok begins walking from building to building searching from top to bottom. He first looks for hidden compartments. Behind bookcases, false bottoms in drawers, under beds & carpets or for things that just look off. Then he looks for anything of value, be it in the form of a clue or material item.

Preception
[roll0]

Forum Explorer
2015-09-18, 05:51 PM
It has been approximately four or five days since the attack. There are giant frog tracks, animal tracks, and assorted humanoid tracks, which presumably accounts for both the attackers and the druids. The druids apparently fought with magic, tooth/claw, and wooden staves. Their attackers fought mostly with arrows, and tridents, though you can see evidence of other, likely metal, weapons being used as well. Afterwards the attackers went northwest. There aren't as many corpses as the number of dwellings would suggest. That and the tracks suggest that some druids may have been taken prisoner.

There is no sign of the missing hunters for that matter.

Loot wise, you manage to find the stash of coins the druid's likely used for shopping. It contains a shopping list, 400 silver pieces, and 10 gold pieces. The shopping list was mostly for things like nails, tar, and other maintenance tools, but it seems they were saving up for an expedition to a quasi-distant island.

There is also a bunch of leather hides, mostly from giant snakes and crocodiles. Also, there are some wooden statues, hand carved, which may or may not have any religious significance.

You also found a journal/trade log describing the druid's daily life, as well as keeping track of potions and supplies sold to travelers and hunters. The missing group is mentioned a day or two before the attack.

It's not easy to get information from the kobold's corpse. But as far as you can figure it was a kobold from the local clan, though that's hardly a surprise. As for age, well the corpse doesn't look too rotten. But don't undead preserve themselves somehow?

(make a knowledge religion for more undead info, and a knowledge history for more info about the local kobolds)

Zergrinch
2015-09-20, 09:27 PM
"Strange," the halfling thinks to himself. "Kobolds are usually too weak to become undead. But then again, what do I know about kobolds or undead?"

History: [roll0].
Religion: [roll1].

Forum Explorer
2015-09-23, 11:40 AM
"Strange," the halfling thinks to himself. "Kobolds are usually too weak to become undead. But then again, what do I know about kobolds or undead?"

History: [roll0].
Religion: [roll1].

Clearly not much about kobolds, but you do know something about undead. As far as you can remember, it's the skill and power of the necromancer in question which determines how undead can form. Ghouls (as you recognize the kobold to be), are middling level. A beginner couldn't make one, but you don't need to be a master necromancer to make one.

Sadly, ghouls rejuvenate and prolong their existence by eating corpses. Judging from it's bloody mouth, it had recently feasted, making it impossible to tell how old the ghoul was. Similarly, a 'wild' ghoul would actively search for corpses, while a controlled ghoul might be left to clean up the mess. So there's no real evidence that the ghoul was part of the attack or not.

DeadHunter
2015-09-23, 03:29 PM
The orc takes the coins as well as a few of the smaller statues and begins rolling up the hides. As he puts them into his pack he looks over the logbook to see what they had all been selling for. A mental note of their value. He then heads back out to join the rest of his crew.

Extra Anchovies
2015-09-26, 11:37 AM
Mordecai walks carefully around the ruins of the circle, keeping an eye out for anything that might give more insight into what happened.

Perception: [roll0]
Investigation: [roll1]
Survival: [roll2]

Sunshinebear
2015-09-26, 11:34 PM
The Kobold had fallen fast. Bori was impressed with the fighting skills of the group, but he was far more impressed with the man who became an owl. He had heard of things in the world like this but to see it is another thing.

He looks at the dead body of the kobold with a ping of sadness, though they all look similar this one look quite like another he had seen travel through Shattered Peak Pass. Undead require magic of some kind, could there be something associated with this around?

Bori looked back to the group "Give me some time lads, I'll see if theres any magic about. Maybe this thing was made nearby."

Bori casts Detect Magic as a Ritual and moves around the area the Kobold came from

Zergrinch
2015-09-27, 10:02 AM
While the others are preoccupied, Zack slaps himself a few times to regain his composure. He approaches Javeris, and with more than a little trepidation, says in a low voice in the Halfling tongue: We need to talk.

Forum Explorer
2015-10-03, 07:57 PM
The Kobold had fallen fast. Bori was impressed with the fighting skills of the group, but he was far more impressed with the man who became an owl. He had heard of things in the world like this but to see it is another thing.

He looks at the dead body of the kobold with a ping of sadness, though they all look similar this one look quite like another he had seen travel through Shattered Peak Pass. Undead require magic of some kind, could there be something associated with this around?

Bori looked back to the group "Give me some time lads, I'll see if theres any magic about. Maybe this thing was made nearby."

Bori casts Detect Magic as a Ritual and moves around the area the Kobold came from

Well the kobold apparently came out of a shrine to Gaia, because you do see some magic, but it's pretty obvious that they are protective blessings and the like. You do spot some holy water.