PDA

View Full Version : Space Empires V

blackout
2007-04-28, 03:17 PM
The old thread went dead. Anyways...

I'm in a predicament. My game disc has been damaged, and I need a new one. The bad news is, I can't just download the Steam version because if I do, what's to keep my hard-drive from deleting it if I have to reformat said hard drive. SO, I'll be off to the store eventually. I was thinking maybe I could play a multiplayer game with some other people here when I get my new disc. I'd love to fight a war with other peoples' species. Whatcha guys think?

Om
2007-04-28, 03:56 PM
I'm in a predicament. My game disc has been damaged, and I need a new one. The bad news is, I can't just download the Steam version because if I do, what's to keep my hard-drive from deleting it if I have to reformat said hard drive.Surely Steam will allow you to download it more than once?

Soniku
2007-04-28, 04:12 PM
Yes, steam allows unlimited downloads in the case of deletion.

In other SEV related news... is there a useful tutorial around that will tell me how to play as opposed to the rather modest one in the game?

blackout
2007-04-28, 04:51 PM
Nope, sorry. Not unless you ask around. Anyways...

Does anyone have particularly useful plans to win typical 'conquer-all' games?

Mine is immediately start pouring research into the following:

Sensors, Armor, and Light Hull Construction. Get Sensors and Armor up to level 10/11, and Light Hulls up to level 5. Afterwards, get a level in Physics. Upon doing that, switch over to Energy Beam Weapons, and get ten levels, and do the same with shields. Afterwards, get a level in Construction, and build fighters. Upon doing that, construct a wing of fighters outfitted with tons of engines, shields, and weapons, and a sattelite with Basic Sensors in each system. Use larger ships to engage enemy forces outside systems you've already taken.

Bingbangboom. You win.

For the 'moral' way, I suggest you take a few levels in Troops, too, just for good measure.