PDA

View Full Version : Good class for a manticore

Tiri
2015-06-30, 07:09 AM
I'm currently making a character who will gain a manticore cohort at some point. I want to know what would be a good class for the manticore to take. Thanks in advance!

Grod_The_Giant
2015-06-30, 07:28 AM
Totemist, binding Manticore Belt? :smalltongue: Or maybe Scout; Skirmish would work great with those big standard-action tail spike volleys.

Talar
2015-06-30, 08:09 AM
Scout or ranger would both work. Having the manticore become a totemist could be a lot of fun(ny) if you understand/have Incarnum. Or just have it become a full caster that complements your character.

RoyVG
2015-06-30, 08:39 AM
If all else fails, Dragonfire Adept. Entangling Exhalation and Flyby Attack (which it has), never look back.

Totemist is a pretty good option. Manticore Belt naturally is a given, but it also opens up the possibility for a more melee oriented companion.

Telonius
2015-06-30, 09:16 AM
High constitution, high strength, and two natural attacks already? Yeah, Totemist sounds pretty good.

Flickerdart
2015-06-30, 09:32 AM
Totemist, binding Manticore Belt? :smalltongue: Or maybe Scout; Skirmish would work great with those big standard-action tail spike volleys.
Only being to use the tail a limited number of times per day really sucks, though.

nedz
2015-06-30, 10:13 AM
High constitution, high strength, and two natural attacks already? Yeah, Totemist sounds pretty good.

Nitpick: Claw/Claw/Bite for 3 natural attacks.

6 RHD +3 LA limits the options a little also.

Good physical stats so melee should work.

Tiri
2015-06-30, 10:35 AM
I think I'll go with Totemist. I was already considering it and the general consensus seems to be that it's a good choice.

khadgar567
2015-06-30, 10:41 AM
I think I'll go with Totemist. I was already considering it and the general consensus seems to be that it's a good choice.
personalty dragon fire adept 8d6 breath weapon really helps when your spikes spent

2015-06-30, 10:59 AM
Totemist is awesome, as is a generic Swift Hunter build.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-06-30, 05:23 PM
Why not both? Incarnum is pretty multiclass-friendly, and even a single level of scout is a nice damage boost for your standard-issue natural weapon blender.

atemu1234
2015-06-30, 09:50 PM

The totemist thing is actually a good idea.

Good choice. Have fun!