PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rage Duration

Draco_Lord
2015-06-30, 08:40 AM
Hi there. I was just wondering if I could verify something. What is the duration of Rage? The book says "Duration concentration + 1 round/level (D)" and personally I take this as meaning it lasts for as long as you concentrate and then an additional number of rounds equal your level. My DM ruled that it lasts for a number of rounds as long as you concentrate.

Of course, I believe he was just upset I debuffed his Sorcerer with Mantle of Moonlight, and wanted to remove me from the fight, while the party beat up a couple giant monsters.

Sliver
2015-06-30, 08:48 AM
You are correct, and the DM is obviously houseruling it to be otherwise.

Draco_Lord
2015-06-30, 08:49 AM
Thought so. Oh well, I have other ways to remain useful in a fight. Thank you attacks of opportunity.

Yanisa
2015-06-30, 11:18 AM
My DM ruled that it lasts for a number of rounds as long as you concentrate.

What your DM described is concentration up to 1 min./level. See Detect Magic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-magic) for an example.

Sliver
2015-06-30, 12:50 PM
I highly doubt that the DM doesn't know the difference between plus and up to...

Draco_Lord
2015-06-30, 12:57 PM
Well.... he is kind of new. And this is the first time this has really come up. Since, you know, rage usually can't be cast on unwilling targets, especially as just a touch attack. So... I think he was just ignoring the plus, and saying that.

atemu1234
2015-06-30, 10:07 PM
Well.... he is kind of new. And this is the first time this has really come up. Since, you know, rage usually can't be cast on unwilling targets, especially as just a touch attack. So... I think he was just ignoring the plus, and saying that.

That is by definition basic maths though. Unless you mean he's new to the whole 'living' thing.