PDA

View Full Version : Question! TWF and Thrown Weapons!

EndgamerAzari
2007-04-28, 04:48 PM
Hokay, so here's the Earth question.

My current character is a 13th-level rogue with a level in Master Thrower. His main method of attack is to strike with darts at a bonus of 15/15/10 (allowing for his 10/5 BAB, his +6 DEX modifier, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot and Quick Draw)- using his Sneaky Shot ability to bypass an enemy's DEX bonus to AC and, recently, Spot the Weak Point (Complete Scoundrel) to bypass Armor bonuses- to hit with three 7d6 sneak attacks per turn. Now, my question is:

If I were to take Two-Weapon Fighting as my next feat, would that allow me to make a total of five attacks (using my current modifiers) at 13/13/13/13/8?

Douglas
2007-04-28, 04:50 PM
No, you would get four attacks. Rapid Shot gives you one extra attack per round, not per weapon/hand.

EndgamerAzari
2007-04-28, 05:01 PM
But what about Quick Draw allowing for full attacks with thrown weapons?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-04-28, 05:17 PM
What about it?

TWF fighting allows for an extra attack with your off-hand when making a full attack and Rapid Shot grants another, for a total of 4 attacks. (As douglas said)

ITWF would grant a 5th.

EndgamerAzari
2007-04-28, 05:22 PM
Oh, ok. So TWF doesn't let you make a full attack with both weapons...

I haven't really played a two-weapon fighter before, so I'm not real big on the rules.

I guess I could've just saved everyone time by looking in the damn book.

Sorry for being an idiot.:smalleek:

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-04-28, 05:29 PM
Oh, ok. So TWF doesn't let you make a full attack with both weapons...

I haven't really played a two-weapon fighter before, so I'm not real big on the rules.

I guess I could've just saved everyone time by looking in the damn book.

Sorry for being an idiot.:smalleek:

No, you need to take the feats in the TWF feat chain to get extra attacks with your off-hand.

Technically you are still making a full attack, the off-hand just does not get iterative attacks like the main hand, but we can nitpick later :smallwink:

Do not be afraid to ask any questions that might arise from your studies of the books. There are many people on these boards that are happy to help. :smallsmile:

Umarth
2007-04-28, 05:33 PM
If you had TWF though you could make melee attacks with your off hand while throwing your normal complement of darts.

EndgamerAzari
2007-04-28, 05:35 PM
If you had TWF though you could make melee attacks with your off hand while throwing your normal complement of darts.

Yikes. I shudder to think when I'd get into a situation like that. :smallwink:

Ok, thanks for everyone's help!

Scribbler
2007-04-28, 05:36 PM
Technically, you can actually make one (and only one) off-hand attack without any feats for it. Two-Weapon Fighting only reduces the massive penalties.

Assuming that your off-hand weapon is a light weapon, without the feat you can get four attacks with a -4 penalty to your three regular attacks and a -8 penalty to the extra attack. With the feat, all four only take a -2.

Improved TWF and the third feat (Greater TWF? I think?) actually do grant more attacks though.

Teilos
2007-04-28, 07:47 PM
Hokay, so here's the Earth question.

My current character is a 13th-level rogue with a level in Master Thrower. His main method of attack is to strike with darts at a bonus of 15/15/10 (allowing for his 10/5 BAB, his +6 DEX modifier, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot and Quick Draw)- using his Sneaky Shot ability to bypass an enemy's DEX bonus to AC and, recently, Spot the Weak Point (Complete Scoundrel) to bypass Armor bonuses- to hit with three 7d6 sneak attacks per turn. Now, my question is:

If I were to take Two-Weapon Fighting as my next feat, would that allow me to make a total of five attacks (using my current modifiers) at 13/13/13/13/8?

I am sorry, but you will do exactly one attack. You use Sneaky Shot to deny the dexterity bonus. That is a move action. You got only one standard action left. So you can forget about the full attack.

Either you forget about sneaky shot in order to use your full attack OR you find a way to get more actions each turn OR you take Doubletoss to make two thrown attacks with a standard action.

EndgamerAzari
2007-04-28, 10:02 PM
Damn it all to @*)(&$)(*@#$ hell. Thank you for ruining my character.:smallfurious: