PDA

View Full Version : Modern Apocalyptic World RPG

DungeonMaster11
2015-07-01, 12:02 AM
Hey guys, I've been thinking of taking some of the rules of DND 3.5 and then adding some new ones in to make a game that has to do with natural disasters/aliens/ biological warfare/Protectors of the Earth (Ancients). So I've come up with some items like Morphine being a Cure Moderate potion in DND terms and stuff like that, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of new rules about ranged attacks with modern weapons considering cover would be a big deal. If anyone has any other ideas about anything else, it would help a lot. Thanks!

Arbane
2015-07-01, 12:41 AM
If you're sure you want to use 3.5, you might want to take a look at d20 Modern.

(Personally, I'd recommend a non-D&Dish system. When someone who's allegedly mortal but high-level shrugs off multiple shotgun blasts, it tends to hurt the ol' suspension of disbelief in a modern-day game.)

DungeonMaster11
2015-07-01, 12:56 AM
Well I have also made some classes (Medic, which would be the cleric, Survivalist, which would be the ranger, hacker, which would be the wizard, soldier, which would be the fighter, and Bandit, which would be the rogue) and all of them are quite under-powered. And Bullets would do a decent amount of damage. So it would be a game of survival instead of the usual hack-and-slash 3.5 DND

frogglesmash
2015-07-01, 01:53 AM
If you're sure you want to use 3.5, you might want to take a look at d20 Modern.

(Personally, I'd recommend a non-D&Dish system. When someone who's allegedly mortal but high-level shrugs off multiple shotgun blasts, it tends to hurt the ol' suspension of disbelief in a modern-day game.)

iirc d20 modern's massive damage system makes shotgun blasts a fair bit more lethal.