PDA

View Full Version : Skulls & Shackles IC

2015-07-01, 06:02 AM
A pounding pain in your head abruptly wakes you from your slumber. As you wrench open your eyelids, you attempt to recall the details of your carousing last night. You remember there was a bar fight...there was a trio of bards belting out a sea chanty...there was maybe some sort of challenge to see if you could consume a great deal of this bitterly spicy food...but your head aches far too much for you to remember it now. As you finally are able to properly observe your surroundings, you realize with a start that the room you're in is completely unfamiliar to you, and all your equipment seems to be missing. Cursing your luck at getting robbed, you look around the room, only to see several others in a similar situation. As your blearly eyes meet theirs, a horrible thought strikes you as you finally notice the room seeming to sway back and forth: have you been robbed...or kidnapped?

Draco.v9
2015-07-01, 06:20 AM
Onyxia rubs her forehead trying to ease to pain and once it subside checks herself over to see what is there and what is missing. But during says "Are you fools the ones who did this? if you are you'll taste lead soon enough.

The Hellbug
2015-07-01, 11:16 AM
Gallus

Gallus opens his eyes, then regrets that and quickly closes them again. I haven't had a night like that in...can't quite remember. He groans as he stands up, steadying himself with a hand on the wall. There was a bar and a good-looking barmaid and a LOT of drinking. Looking for a ship, that's what I was doing! The big man' hand then goes to his hip where his scimitar would normally hang, grasping at nothing. He had been robbed then. He quickly begins going through his pockets just to make sure. Didn't leave me with a scrap then.

Are you fools the ones who did this? if you are you'll taste lead soon enough.

Gallus responds to the accusation as he heads towards the door, his hand never leaving the wall the whole way, "Girl, unless someone's playing a mighty stupid trick on us, I don't think so. Near as I can see, there's not a valuable on anyone in this room. Though that thought about whoever did this tasting lead? That's something a man can get behind."

ylvathrall
2015-07-01, 03:02 PM
Eliza

Eliza opens her eyes just long enough to take in the surroundings before closing them again. Head hurts, she thinks, trying to process the situation and make sense of it. Can't remember last night, unfamiliar area, no possessions. I was robbed, but they moved me, didn't kill me, there are others present. Kidnapped? Possible. Ransom unlikely, revenge would have started already...someone wants something from me.

That settled, she relaxes again, keeping her eyes closed. With luck the others will think she is still asleep and she will have a chance to listen in on them, possibly learning something useful or interesting.

When she feels fur brush against her fingers, though, she can't help but smile for a moment before letting her face go slack again. Shadow is with her, then. Deliberate? Possibly, if her captors didn't realize the meaning of leaving the cat with her. Also possible that she sneaked in on her own. Either way, it allows Eliza considerably more options, more room for planning. As she lies there, she begins to sort through the spells she could ready, determining which of them she could cast under the circumstances, which of those might be useful.

Smileybastard
2015-07-01, 09:38 PM
Thellan

Thellan wakes, stretching and looks around. "Well that was a hell of a night ... I think."
He looks around again. "Seems we all had an interesting night, but I don't remember much."
He pulls himself to his feet and feels his Knuckles in his pocket and smiles.
"It could always be worse."

Draco.v9
2015-07-01, 09:45 PM
"Yeah, we could be dead but whomever did this will regret not finishing me."

Smileybastard
2015-07-01, 09:58 PM
Thellan

"I have been stepped on by some pretty big people before, sometimes revenge is just gonna get you dead. This seems odd though. We seem to be on a ship by the swaying." He looks around and heads to the door. "Lets find out what is going on."

Draco.v9
2015-07-01, 10:56 PM
"Don't be so hasty, we're not even armed you fool. Onyxia grasps Thellan's arm and pulls him back.

The Hellbug
2015-07-01, 11:39 PM
Gallus

Gallus finally reaches the door and attempts to open it but to know avail. It is firmly locked. "Seems like we're stuck here for now, unless one of you has a better idea," Gallus says as he turns back to the other captives. A boat though? I must be more hungover than I thought if I didn't notice that.

ylvathrall
2015-07-02, 12:32 AM
Eliza

Nothing more to learn right now, Eliza thinks to herself. With Shadow there she could prepare different spells, but she hadn't needed to cast anything the previous day and the spells she already had available were suitable to the situation.

"We aren't leaving," she says, sitting upright and stroking Shadow. "Unless you're planning to swim back to shore. We might as well stay here and wait. Someone took us for a reason, and they won't leave us here indefinitely."

Draco.v9
2015-07-02, 03:13 AM
Onyxia's ear tweaks to the last statement, not swim but sail.

You know A captain needs a sip and this one may do... oh I can sail so this ship will be mine if that's okay with you lot, and before anyone could answer Onyxia rudely state Settled then, mine ship when we are done.

Smileybastard
2015-07-02, 05:17 AM
Thellan

Thellan continues to move forward as Onyxia grabs his arm and tries to stop him, but her strength is ineffective against the larger man. Once he sees the door is locked he turns to Onyxia, his smile fading. "Don't tell me what to do nor that this ship will be yours, you may be without your lead, but I am rarely unarmed."
He turns away from her, his smile returning. "Well I guess we are in this for a while, at least."

Draco.v9
2015-07-02, 06:14 AM
"Maybe such a big man should bash down the door for a lady."

The_Shaman
2015-07-02, 09:49 AM
Marcian

With an agonized groan, the lanky half-elf drags himself to a sitting position. "All gods damn it, do you have to shout like that," he scowls, then as his reddened eyes adjust to the light, his face narrows in alarm and he shakes his head and rapidly slaps his cheeks a few timews to rouse himself to alertness. He then scans his surroundings and his new companions. "Well. Did I miss someone explaining what the hells happened and who should be missing a throat for this?" he adds with a low tone with a not quite hidden undertone of malice.

Tiny
2015-07-02, 03:12 PM
Pete

A pile of stinking rags produce a pair of skinny arms and a mostly bald head from which two bloodshot eyes dart across the room in a clear lack of comprehension. "Exactly me own thoughts! Bloody hell... A man can't hear his own headache for all the shouting ye lot been doing.." Crawling to his feet, or foot in this case as instead of a right leg there is a stick of wood, the humanoidish figure reach a trembling hand into the folds of his rags and tries to retrieve something that clearly is not there. The search grows more frantic as time passes and a look of puzzlement crosses his face before he grunt in dismay and mutters something under his breath. "Damn, down to the emergency one.." He pulls a small bottle from a hidden pocket in the sleeve and takes a swig with the unerring prowess of a man that has made the consumption of liquids into an artform. "Ahhhh.." Relief spreads over his features like a sunrise over the horizon as the brew does its own special kind of magic. His focus from the bottle that rapidly disappear into the folds again to the room and the strange situation. Blinking a few times as if to get his bearings he concludes "Well I be damned trice, this does not seem to be the gutter at all.." Looking eyes with the other people present. "What ye lot be about then? Been doing a bit of robbery on poor old Pete have ye?"

Smileybastard
2015-07-02, 04:17 PM
Thellan

"Maybe such a big man should bash down the door for a lady."

Thellan grins. "If only there were a lady about." he turns and looks at Eliza. "Present company excluded."
"It would be one thing if the door were open, but we have few weapons or things of any kind really, not sure bashing the door down will do us much good."

After listening to the last two speak, Thellan speaks again. "Do try to keep up, there is so little to keep up on. We don't know where we are, but it sways like a ship. We don't seem to recall how we got here or who did it."

ylvathrall
2015-07-02, 04:43 PM
Eliza

"On the contrary," Eliza says. She still hasn't bothered to stand. "We know exactly how we got here. Someone took us, individually, and brought us here. And we can guess why. They wouldn't have gone to the effort of moving us if it were just a matter of robbery. None of us have been killed or obviously tortured, so it isn't about revenge. There's no one who would pay a worthwhile ransom for me, or likely most of you, and they would know that. Most likely explanation is that they're recruiting people for something, they're desperate enough to choose people at random, and they took us out to a ship. Now can we stop talking about this? We aren't getting anywhere, and my head still hurts."

Smileybastard
2015-07-02, 05:16 PM
Thellan

Thellan leans on the wall, looking rather relaxed. "Maybe, maybe not... Were we taken at random? Were we taken individually? Who here was at the Formidably Maid? A few of you seem familiar. How many of you can handle yourself better than your average Joe? You seem a pushy arrogant lot and in my experience that goes with being a bit capable. I am. Now that leads to recruitment. Maybe, but kidnapping people does seem an odd way to go about it. Maybe recruitment for gladiators? I do recall a brawl. "

Draco.v9
2015-07-02, 08:28 PM
Onyxia pushes her back to a wall to truly think about her situation, go over how they could get out and possible scenarios , but pipes up with a hissing voice again "Well we would most likely to be guarded so they can most likely hear us." Now eyes scanning the room for to use to carve into the wall like... "Finish up your drink quick I need that bottle now!"

The Hellbug
2015-07-02, 10:03 PM
Gallus

Gallus slouches against the wall and sits down. "I couldn't put a finger on anything that makes the lot of us similar," he muses, "but maybe it exists. Doubt it's revenge, though, anybody who knows me knows I drowned 2 years ago. Perhaps I did and the gods have seen fit to put me in this box for eternity. Couldn't rightly say, the gods work in mysterious ways." He grins as he finishes.

Tiny
2015-07-03, 08:25 AM
Pete

The one legged man using what looked like an herculean effort focused both his eyes on the loud woman. "Ye be that parched be ye me beauty?" He smiled what might be considered a friendly smile, but it was more than partly ruined by a foul odor that followed him opening his mouth and displaing his few but large rotten teeth. Brow wrinkled and furrowed under the strain of thought as he slowly reached a decision. "It be me last one.. If anyone of ye want a sip ye owe me at least one back fer the trouble." Then as he reached inside his clothes to retrieve the flask his gaze fell upon the cat and he froze. Backing up to a wall and making a sign to fend off evil never letting his eyes wander from the feline form. "Blood and ashes! We got a wild animal in here?! Nobody make sudden moments, they can smell the stink of fear and they always go fer the the throat!" He was visibly pale and sweat started accumulating on his forehead.

The_Shaman
2015-07-03, 08:46 AM
"Maybe, maybe not," Marcian answers after considering the loquacious woman. "No guarantee itīs not revenge just because we havenīt been tortured yet. Much more fun to have us aware and awake. Still, if it is revenge someone took it quite far, and I am not sure what bringing us together accomplishes." Except, possibly, providing some allies for his own revenge, IF someone had the bright idea of kidnapping him. He didnīt have any weapons, though. That was a problem. Especially as one of them was something he rather valued... and that in itself was a very good reason to get even with them. Bad blood or not, family heirlooms were something he did not take lightly. "We can try to force the door, but I doubt whoever is out there is going to be as unarmed as we are. Still, maybe we could surprise them. You all in?"

ylvathrall
2015-07-03, 12:49 PM
Eliza

"Oh, don't mind Shadow," Eliza says as the small, foul man panics at the sight of the cat. "She's probably the least vicious person in this room, I'd wager. And you can count me out of your plan. If you want revenge, you're better off waiting. They wouldn't have gone to this much effort just to leave us in here indefinitely."

She then goes back to stroking Shadow and waiting for their captors to make their intentions known.

Smileybastard
2015-07-03, 01:13 PM
Thellan

"Surprise them? The ones who managed to catch us all, with us have no clue how, locking us in a room with no weapons and you want to break the door down and surprise them? I'll pass."

Thellan then leans down and holds his hand out to the cat, as Eliza pets it.

2015-07-03, 01:16 PM
The sound of voices suddenly reaches your ears, as well as the solid, rhythmic clunking of several feet coming your way. The door bursts open, and several dark figures shove their way into the room...along with the lantern they carry, which illuminates the room in bright, blinding light. As your eyes just barely adjust to the light pouring from that damnable lantern, you barely recognize the gentlemen before you as having been present last night during the festivities; this person, no doubt responsible for your current predicament, is the spitting image of a pirate...as are the several thugs wielding clubs that stand behind him, glaring at the lot of you menacingly. The leader of this bunch cracks the whip he carries as he begins yelling at you.

"Oy! Still abed with the sun o'er the yardarm, are ye? No more lolly gaggin', ye filthy swabs, there's work to be done! Get yer lazy bums to the main deck an' report for duty 'fore Cap'n Harrigan flays yer flesh inta sausages and has Fishguts fry 'em up for breakfast!"

Draco.v9
2015-07-03, 07:26 PM
Spinning around to look at her captor to size them up,"Who are you? Why us? How strong are you? Are you armed? Onyxia ponder while looking him up and down.

Smileybastard
2015-07-03, 08:34 PM
Thellan

Thellan rises from his attentions towards the cat and looks towards Eliza and nods. "It seems you were correct, recruitment."
He then turns to the pirates and shrugs. "Well, to be fair, we were locked in."

2015-07-03, 09:40 PM
"No excuses!" the man shouts, cracking his whip again. "Now get topside, the lot o' ye, or I'll give you stripes to put an admiral to shame!"

Draco.v9
2015-07-04, 12:46 AM
Onyxia hisses at the leader but knows wen se can't do anything and walks pushes through the door "nothing else to do.", still with a spiteful tone in here voice.

The Hellbug
2015-07-04, 03:24 AM
Gallus

On a boat indeed is Gallus's thought as he makes his way out of the room and past the club-wielding thugs. It's where I had planned on going, I guess, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind. He is silent as he leaves the room, hoping that his impressive size will keep him free of even more harassment for now.

Smileybastard
2015-07-04, 06:29 AM
Thellan

Thellan shrugs and heads out the door. One step at a time. Get out of the locked room and see what the situation is. Can't fight a whole pirate crew and you never know. piracy might be the life for me.

The_Shaman
2015-07-04, 06:31 AM
Marcian

The half-elf scowls at the door as the sunlight blinds him for a second, and his expression does not change for the better when he sees the speaker. "Son of a..." he all but growls as he instinctively reaches for the sword at his hip. Of course, it is not there, and by the looks of it none of the others seem interested in a confrontation.

Revenge is not for the hasty, nor for those who cannot hide their venom until the proper time, he remember the old Calistril saying. On the other hand, his instructor had told him never to ignore insults, and this damn well qualified.

Then again, the instructor hadn't been fond of stupid fights, like being unarmed against several men. And Harrigan... hmm, who was that man, exactly? "Captain who? And who might you be, anyway?" he said, looking at the whip-bearer's face, trying to remember him from yesterday. After THAT, he wouldnīt forget him in a hurry.

Tiny
2015-07-04, 09:28 AM
Pete

Petes eyes narrowed in the bright light of the door and with a last suspicious glance towards the purring feline fiend he followed the others out of the room.

Draco.v9
2015-07-04, 06:03 PM
Seeing the Half-Elf move for her non-existent sword make Onyxia think could they take these thugs.
She moves her hand into the light so that her claws shine in the light and puts a quizzical look on her face.
Can we do this.

ylvathrall
2015-07-04, 07:32 PM
Eliza

Eliza stands and walks out of the room meekly. Revenge may be in order at some point, but she needs more information before she can decide whether this is the case and, if so, how to most efficiently achieve it. For now, she will cooperate with them. For now.

Shadow climbs up her arm as she walks, and curls up on her shoulder.

Draco.v9
2015-07-13, 06:42 PM
Onyxia doesn't want to wait any longer for instruction from the crew "I don't need to talk to you I'm going." Onyxia proceeds to the closest staircase up the deck to see what is going on for herself.

Tiny
2015-07-14, 03:13 PM
Pete

The name of the captain finally managed to pierce the fog of Petes common stupor and started something akin to a thought process. "Old Capn' Harrigan?! That be meaning we be aboard the wormwood I recon.." He spat, a fat and disgustingly green and yellow tinted wad, and continued. "..and with me booze drying up and feline fiends aboard it's a recipe for all kinds of bad times ahead..." Shaking his head as he continued by mumbling. "Knocking a man over in a bar and taking his booze.. It ain't right it ain't.."

Smileybastard
2015-07-14, 06:16 PM
Thellan

Thellan grins. "The captain can't keep a crew without kidnapping people? Sounds terrifying."