PDA

View Full Version : Roy's dilema

Sam de Cheese
2007-04-28, 06:10 PM
Since Roy is dead, and Durkon is going to have to raise him, I thought of this qeustion: will Roy enjoy his afterlife, and have trouble deciding wether to got with what he wants or with his duties?

Innis Cabal
2007-04-28, 06:12 PM
would you enjoy your afterlife if you mission was left undone?

jindra34
2007-04-28, 06:12 PM
he's a hero he'll go withj his duties...

Finwe
2007-04-28, 07:54 PM
Obviously he will be tempted to stay - it IS heaven, after all. However, I think that after agonizing over the decision for a little while, he will ultimately go back.

cheese534
2007-04-28, 07:55 PM
I guess he will... he hates Elan but he wants to kill xykon.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-04-28, 07:56 PM
If he isn't willing to go back, he's not qualified to be in heaven.

jindra34
2007-04-28, 07:57 PM
If he isn't willing to go back, he's not qualified to be in heaven.

Ultimate law of justice... no one who is willing to stay in heaven is supposed to be there...

bigsuperwill
2007-04-28, 08:17 PM
just say some thing random

:roach: I like chese puff pie
:roy: what the hell???
:elan: you mean what the ~#!!

i think that roy will want to be ressuercted so he can kill xykon

proud extermenater of the cult of
orthodox Banjoists
we currently have: 3 members

:smallsigh: you must worshop the lord

Alysar
2007-04-28, 08:17 PM
He will come back. If the snarl gets loose, even heaven will be in jeopardy.

Jawajoey
2007-04-28, 09:31 PM
Roy died fighting an evil lich that has just clearly pointed out how screwed Roy was. Roy kept fighting, because of his perceived duty to his father and the world.

What are the chances that he'll not want to return to his friends, duty, and sworn mission, just so he can hang around in a place where existence is just as threatened by him abandoning his mission as the rest of the universe?

Grod_The_Giant
2007-04-28, 09:39 PM
He'll be happy there...but leap at the chance to go back and see his friends/GAIN VENGEANCE ON THE EVIL @$^$&@#$ LICH THAT KILLED HIM/

Balathustrius
2007-04-28, 10:27 PM
He'll miss Celia. :smallfrown:

Jari Kafghan
2007-04-28, 10:35 PM
I think you are asking two separate questions. You can enjoy something, knowing you will be going back.

I think Roy is going to do his best to chill while he has time in the afterlife, knowing he will be brought back as soon as possible.

Gaelbert
2007-04-29, 12:11 AM
Roy will definitely want to go back to finish his mission.

Woof
2007-04-29, 12:36 AM
will Roy enjoy his afterlife, and have trouble deciding wether to got with what he wants or with his duties?

Well, he'll essentially be moving in with his dad again :smallwink: . I doubt he'll like that much.

P.S: That's 2 questions in one, and your second question is the opposite of the first, so not sure I chose the vote I wanted to chooe.

Alysar
2007-04-29, 07:53 PM
He'll miss Celia. :smallfrown:

If he stayed (which I seriously doubt) do you think Celia couldn't get into his afterlife any time she wanted?

skreweded
2007-04-29, 08:10 PM
Has anyone pointed out the fact that Roy is now able to talk to his dad? In great lengths? I mean, usually he can talk for 5, 10 minutes, if it is story centric. Now, he can talk to him till he is resurrected, which could be days. I someone foresee his father coming into the picture as a relevant character again.

jindra34
2007-04-29, 08:12 PM
Has anyone pointed out the fact that Roy is now able to talk to his dad? In great lengths? I mean, usually he can talk for 5, 10 minutes, if it is story centric. Now, he can talk to him till he is resurrected, which could be days. I someone foresee his father coming into the picture as a relevant character again.

You mean the always nagging father who still believes Roy should have been a wizard and is trapped in a magic circle... That Dad?

Duffren
2007-04-29, 08:19 PM
Roy is Lawful Good, so he will go back no matter how good his afterlife is. He still has Blood Oaths to fulfill, Universes to save, and his own death to avenge.

Geilan
2007-04-29, 08:28 PM
Has NOBODY else considered the awkwardness of avenging your own death...?

:roy: I WILL AVENGE ME!!!
:xykon: Who are you?

ChomZ
2007-04-29, 08:28 PM
Yo! Of course Roy'll come straight back to fight, if Roy nevah came back, the creator dood would hafta make up some nu character to take 'is place. And t'is too fah in the storay for all that

Thorin
2007-04-29, 08:30 PM
HeŽll came back. He is a LG after all, breacking up promisses or letting the world under a relly bad-ass leech-sorrceror ruler is not an option

Demented
2007-04-29, 08:41 PM
Has NOBODY else considered the awkwardness of avenging your own death...?

:roy: I WILL AVENGE ME!!!
:xykon: Who are you?

An alternate take...

:xykon: "Hey! Who are you? What are you doing here?"

:roy: "I'm here to avenge my death."

:xykon: "Oh. So, what, nobody cared about you enough to do it for you?"

:roy: "No, I was... argh! I'LL KILL YOU!"

:xykon: "Good luck with that, previously dead guy."

Querzis
2007-04-29, 08:47 PM
He is going to come back, he is the hero after all. By the way, why does everyone assume that Eugene is in heaven? Roy is LG but as far as I know, his father is true neutral, he cant be in heaven.

Geilan
2007-04-29, 08:58 PM
An alternate take...

:xykon: "Hey! Who are you? What are you doing here?"

:roy: "I'm here to avenge my death."

:xykon: "Oh. So, what, nobody cared about you enough to do it for you?"

:roy: "No, I was... argh! I'LL KILL YOU!"

:xykon: "Good luck with that, previously dead guy."

I like that one better.

Alysar
2007-04-30, 09:21 AM

Umm.. yeah. Lots of people have pointed it out.