PDA

View Full Version : Vern Sable

Jormengand
2015-07-01, 01:26 PM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2mn2ng9.jpg

You find yourself inside a dark room. The ceiling of the room stinks of alcohol; you must be beneath a pub. You can barely see around the room, only tiny cracks allowing you to see anything at all. It's silent; presumably due to it still being the daytime.

(Knowledge: Local 1+6=7) You have no idea about this pub. None at all.

(Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering 16+2=18) Except, of course, that it looks to be fairly structurally sound, though it wouldn't take too much deliberate action to knock it over, the odd bar brawl won't. You feel that a trained architect could have gleaned 1 more piece of information, but alas, you're not one of those.

Anyway, that's all well and good, but what are you going to do now?

Valery
2015-07-01, 07:13 PM
I'm going to move to find an exit to the basement and once I do cautiously move through the exit and make sure there isn't anyone around like a bar keep. It might be silent, but someone could just be cleaning and doing it quietly.

Jormengand
2015-07-02, 10:52 AM
The wall says "This is a freaking gigantic wall. Even if you could get through it, you wouldn't want to."
The tower says "These are guard towers. They contain soldiers tasked with defending the city - including from you!"
The next four rows of houses are where humans, humans and dwarves, humans and elves, and other races respectively of higher social status live.
1 reads "This is a public house, where alcohol abounds. One contestant wakes up in the basement."
2 reads "This house is owned by Jhenna, an elven ranger of some renown. One contestant wakes up in the basement."
3 reads "This is the Thieves' guild hideout. One contestant wakes up in the basement here.
4 reads "This is the town hall, which is used for speeches, musical events, and practically any other gathering one might care to name. One contestant wakes up under the stage."
5 reads "This is the marketplace. One contestant wakes up in the pavilion."
6 reads "This is common land. One contestant wakes up in the field here.
The westmost shop reads "This shop sells adventuring gear. They're about the only people who like you, but they won't shelter you."
The bottom building reads "This is the guardhouse. It is swarming with soldiers who probably want to kill you." The street above it says "These are the houses of the soldiers and guards who protect the city."

(Hide ???+0=???, Move Silently ???+0=???) You don't think anyone has heard you. You move up, and see that the bar is empty. Good.

Valery
2015-07-03, 12:00 PM
Alright, Bernard will move out into the street, but he will make a spot check of the surrounding area to see if there are any good abandoned buildings to hide out in and survey the area.

Spot Check: [roll0]

Jormengand
2015-07-03, 01:01 PM
All you see are the two streets side by side, with a raised gap between them. People are milling about on both sides, going about their business. None seems to take much notice of you.

Valery
2015-07-03, 01:12 PM
I pull over one of the pedestrians and him or her if there are any vacancies available for housing in the town. I'm looking for a house in the city, just for me.

[roll0]

Jormengand
2015-07-03, 01:48 PM
"I dunno. You'd have to ask the mayor. But I'm afraid that she's on a business trip at the moment - although what that actually means is that she's trying to get away from this tournament thing that damned dwarf runs" - you figure that means the City of Blades and its announcer. "Isn't it an odd time to be looking for vacancies, anyway?" He seems a little suspicious.

You succeed at being pretty buff. :smalltongue:

Valery
2015-07-04, 10:23 AM
"I suppose it is odd, but I'm already in the city and might as well inquire about homes, even if the mayor is out. At any rate, is there a nice inn I might be able to stay in for the night?"

Jormengand
2015-07-05, 09:35 AM
"The pub's got an upstairs where you can stay. But anyway, you know that there's almost fifty feet of wall at the edges of the city, and several gates to pass through to get in - how'd you get here, now that they're all closed?"

Valery
2015-07-05, 11:35 AM
UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH.....I should've remembered to take my points in knowledges to put into bluff :P

Bernard, realizing how stupid he is being, decides that he will only continue to spiral into a more convoluted string of lies and attempts to remedy the situation with Charm.

Charm: 14 Will Save

Valery
2015-07-10, 09:38 AM
Are we waiting on other people to take their turns?