PDA

View Full Version : OOTS members' afterlife

fwiffo
2007-04-28, 07:27 PM
Something Elan said in 445 I found highly amusing. He is lamenting that if party TPKs, he won't be able to join Roy in afterlife. And that seems to have distressed him greatly.

But, to Roy, having Elan join him in afterlife for all eternity would be his idea of hell - not in the D&D sense of the plane where devils come from, but in an "eternal inescapable torment" sense.

So, what would be other's character's hells? I think I have pretty good idea what Belkar's idea of hell is, but what about the rest of them?

jindra34
2007-04-28, 07:31 PM
Durkon's: is being surronded by uber-trees
Elan and Haley's: being seperated but in sight
V's: No idea

Geilan
2007-04-28, 07:32 PM
V's: Anti-magic field with no espresso and a lusting Belkar.

Sage in the Playground
2007-04-28, 07:35 PM
Belkar's: He is alone, with no one to kill.

Tussy the Druid
2007-04-28, 07:37 PM
V: Where the stupid people are viewed above those who are smart and have more magical aptitude.

jindra34
2007-04-28, 07:41 PM
Belkar's: He is alone, with no one to kill.

NO! Belkar's is one where he cannot kill anything though there are plenty of things around him to kill...

Sage in the Playground
2007-04-28, 07:45 PM
NO! Belkar's is one where he cannot kill anything though there are plenty of things around him to kill...

And whores charge 1 copper more than he has.

Bluelantern
2007-04-28, 07:52 PM
And everybody thinks that belkar is cute and jolly

Tolkien_Freak
2007-04-28, 08:04 PM
thog: Surrounded by girl ogres, with neither Nale or Not-Nale in sight. And no inner greenness.

CardinalFang
2007-04-28, 08:17 PM
thog: Surrounded by girl ogres, with neither Nale or Not-Nale in sight. And no inner greenness.
You can't take away Thog's inner greenness. It's just not possible.

Abacab
2007-04-28, 09:31 PM
Elan and Haley's: being seperated but in sight

But wouldn't it be worse for both of them if they couldn't see each other at all?

And anyways, I think it would be pretty bad if Haley were without Elan and stuck with her "mental constructs" (self-loathing, optimism, latent bisexuality, etc.). That would be torture.

Steward
2007-04-28, 09:40 PM
No, the torment is even worse when they're separated by a several inches of soundproof impenetrable (but completely transparent) glass shielding.

Oh, and every morning when they wake up they see the glass sliding down, but by the time they get to it it slides back up again.

Atheist_Cleric
2007-04-28, 10:06 PM
Roy: Stuck in a world of nothing but high level wizards, who cast spells on him for fun forever.

Durkon: An eternal forest, alone with no weapons, and no Thor.

Haley: She gets there with all her wealth...and finds out that there, money is non-existant. Plus there's no Elan

Elan: Constantly forced to relive his adventure, but with everyone in the group really hating him.

Belkar: A world filled with really tall people, all male, and all totally invincible to anything he can do.

Varsuuvius: Wakes up in a world where everyone can cast magic but him/her, with a job as a servant to Miko, and is married to Belkar.

factotum
2007-04-29, 01:21 AM
Elan: Constantly forced to relive his adventure, but with everyone in the group really hating him.

He'd never notice that they all hated him anyway. I think him being stuck within sight of Haley would be more likely--maybe with the latter getting it on with Nale :smallsmile: .

Lyinginbedmon
2007-04-29, 07:44 AM
Varsuuvius: Wakes up in a world where everyone can cast magic but him/her, with a job as a servant to Miko, and is married to Belkar.
That's certainly my idea of Sticky hell :annoyed:

hanzo66
2007-04-29, 08:22 AM
Elan: Roy smashes his lute and throws Banjo into the campfire.

Norenche
2007-04-29, 08:46 AM
Thog's hell: A world full of orc girls and Teletubbies, with no puppets and no ice cream with sprinkles. Plus no Elan nor Nale.

Sabine's "hell": Heaven.

Nale's hell: Thog making masterplans that are better than his own masterplans.

PS: sorry if there are some mistakes

cheese534
2007-04-29, 10:14 AM
Elan:being departed from Banjo the clown

V's: figureing out what gender she(he?) is.

Abacab
2007-04-29, 10:19 AM
V's: figureing out what gender she(he?) is.

But doesn't V know what gender s/he is? S/he just doesn't want to reveal it and is very secretive.

NeonRonin
2007-04-29, 10:26 AM
Hmm, well, I did have fun speculating on individual afterlives before, so let's try the individual Hell bit. What would be the worst for...

:elan: Watches everybody he cares about die horribly (and repeatedly) by the light of a mountain of burning lutes and puppets.

:haley: Relives the moment when Nale tried to turn Elan against her(strip 393), only this time she doesn't regain her voice and can't stop Elan from hating her. Repeat unto infinity.

:roy: Spends the rest of eternity being lectured by his dad. And mocked by his sister. And sung at (extremely badly) by Elan.

:durkon: An endless forest, full of people who ignore him(and trample him, much like when he first arrived in human lands), and mountain-high kegs full of nothing but the worst beer brewed in human lands.

:belkar: A land of happy jubilant people who patronize his height and treat him like a 'cute kid', and he can't lift a finger to harm any of them.

:vaarsuvius: s/he has all the spellbooks in the world at his/her disposal... and then s/he goes blind. All that arcane power, and no way to read it.

:nale: A world in which he is a pathetic loser, and his brother Elan has risen to the heights he once dreamed of.

:sabine: Powers locked, serving eternally as a waitress to angels in Heaven.

:thog: No Nale, no not-Nale, only an ice cream store that has no more fudge ripple AND they just ran out of sprinkles. And next door, a pet store that just sold its last puppy a moment before he walked in the door(every day).

:miko: Her swords are gone, her abilities are gone, and she's married to Belkar and can't lift a finger against him.

I'm sure there are other options out there, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Querzis
2007-04-29, 10:26 AM
He'd never notice that they all hated him anyway. I think him being stuck within sight of Haley would be more likely--maybe with the latter getting it on with Nale :smallsmile: .

Wow you are cruel. That would also be Nale heaven I guess, making his brother suffer like hell for all eternity.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-29, 12:16 PM
Wow you are cruel. That would also be Nale heaven I guess, making his brother suffer like hell for all eternity.

Unless Nale didn't know Elan was watching and had no means to kill Hayley with?

Querzis
2007-04-29, 12:23 PM
Unless Nale didn't know Elan was watching and had no means to kill Hayley with?

Well yeah but lets just say it would still not be that bad for Nale while it would really be hell for Elan and Haley...Unless Haley doesnt know its Nale, then it would just be hell for Elan...Poor Elan.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-29, 12:59 PM
:vaarsuvius: s/he has all the spellbooks in the world at his/her disposal... and then s/he goes blind. All that arcane power, and no way to read it.

:vaarsuvius: "It's not fair! I had time! I had time!"

<3 Twilight Zone.

Durkon's idea of hell is pretty much Arborea: full of trees, elves, and Titans, the latter of which are sure to give him a Napoleon complex. It's also one plane removed on the Great Wheel from the core-D&D home of Thor, and full of gods who don't like Thor or Dwarves very much (Olympian and Elven deities, respectively).

happyturtle
2007-04-29, 03:25 PM
:nale: In Nale's hell, no one listens to him. No one takes him seriously. No one is afraid of him. Deny, deny, deny the psychopathic egomaniac! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0061.html)