2015-07-01, 10:53 PM
DMs only!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Going to DM Fiat use of the second set. This is for a NPC "BBEG" after all...

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]http://www.mornproductions.com/aldhaven/AVB/Portraits/NPCs/LivingMartyr.png

planswalker
2015-07-01, 11:07 PM
seems reasonable to me. It almost seems a shame that we won't be able to share this thread with others, but talk about the spoilerage! Still, I wish we'd thought of using this method to flesh out npc's the last time around. Would have been nice.

Rizban
2015-07-01, 11:10 PM
A man casually strolls into the Plaza. His shimmering blonde hair down to mid back flutters gently behind him, the glints of light shimmering across the red cloth of his ornate robes. He silently makes his way to the fountain and begins looking around for beggars or others who would likely be in obvious need of healing.

planswalker
2015-07-01, 11:35 PM
The Plaza is a very busy place, and thus there are indeed a great many beggars who find it a target-rich environment to ply their trade. As long as none of them make a nuisance of themselves with "important" citizens, the guardsmen turn their panhandling a blind eye.

There is one boy standing near the Fountain with a large, dirty hat in his hand. He is limping around to the passersby on one healthy leg and one that appears to have been broken recently.

Rizban
2015-07-01, 11:55 PM
Picture added.He approaches the boy and smiles at him warmly before kneeling down to look into his face on the same level.

"Good morrow! I say, son, what are you doing here of all places?"

planswalker
2015-07-01, 11:58 PM
"I'm begging for some coin so I can get my poor ailing mother and my two little sisters some bread to eat. We haven't had anything to eat in two days, and little Punzel is crying. Please sir, can you spare a few copper?"

Rizban
2015-07-02, 12:38 AM
The man's smile fades, turning to a look of compassion.

"I'm so sorry, but I have no coin to spare. But I can give you something more valuable if you would like."

[roll0] to determine information about the boy's injuries.
Basically trying to determine hp damage, ability damage, poison/disease, etc. so that I know what I need to use to heal him.

*cough* Say, hasn't it been 5 years of AVB? *cough*

planswalker
2015-07-02, 07:41 AM
*sneeze*yes it has*sneeze

dern, we need to get over this bug going around, don't we?

It would appear to be hp damage based mixed with a good dollop ad hoc injury house rule that magical healing can easily fix along with the hp.

"Uh, sure." The boy says guardedly. Last time a strange man started talking funny like that, he didn't like what the man ended up wanting him to do. But this stranger was in broad daylight in a busy square. Surely he's not so bold as to try that kind of thing here right now.

Rizban
2015-07-02, 12:56 PM
He grins broadly and tussles the little boy's hair.

"Great! I hope you enjoy it!"

The boy's injuries heal, the bones in his leg realigning themselves into the proper shapes and growing strong.

Using Lifebond Vestments to absorb all his damage. Take half that damage to self.

Prior to taking damage at any point, will enact the following routine as necessary:
Free Action: expend psicrystal's psionic focus to power Psycarnum Infusion targeting Midnight Augmentation.
Standard: manifest vigor, expending personal psionic focus to use Midnight Augmentation.
Spend 1PP + 3(from reducers) to gain 20 temporary hit points, shared with his psicrystal.

This allows for 40 hit points worth of healing from him and another 40 using Share Soulmeld using his psicrystal.
1 power point = 80 hit points worth of healing, limited to 1/hour for a given creature but no limit to the number of creatures during that hour.

He will typically use the full amount of healing himself directly, taking real damage to himself as part of his martyr act. His psycrystal, which is worn as a bracelet, will then heal him as a sign of divine blessing. He will heal this way 1/hour. After this, he will have the psicrystal touch the individual and perform its own healing each time he does a healing, which shouldn't be hard due to it being attached to the hand he uses to heal.
The psicrystal itself isn't actually attached to a bracelet. Rather, it constrantly has its self-propulsion ability active, using the ectoplasmic legs to wrap around his wrist and pretend to be a bracelet.

Since regaining psionic focus is a full round action for him (due to him not having Psychic Meditation), he'll usually take the time to meditate (a purely mental action) while preaching between healings.

planswalker
2015-07-02, 09:19 PM
The boy's leg is healed before his, yours, and a small crowd of onlookers' eyes. The boy stares at his leg in disbelief a moment before putting his weight on it, finding it whole and strong once more.

Rizban
2015-07-03, 04:45 AM
"Saints bless you, son."

Smiling, he stands and turns as to leave. Upon seeing the crowd, he makes a kind of awkward grin and looks around as if looking for an exit, giving the appearance that he wasn't expecting a crowd to be watching him. He waves awkwardly at the crowd and takes a half step backward.

planswalker
2015-07-03, 04:50 AM
The spectacle over, the audience disperses back into the general crowd. While it certainly was unusual for a man to heal without casting any spells, the healing itself wasn't anything more than what a rather generous cleric might do. When that spectacle ended so shortly, most people returned to their business.

Still, the boy gives the man several more glances as he goes about begging for more alms.

Rizban
2015-07-03, 04:55 AM
Once the crowd disperses, the man awkwardly looks around for any others who might be in need of healing.

How much of his temp hp did that eat up?

planswalker
2015-07-03, 05:21 AM
5 hp

There are a trio of homeless beggars lying at the entryway to one of the alleys off the Plaza. They all seem to be covered in sores and their skin has blotchy patches all over it.

Rizban
2015-07-03, 01:02 PM
[roll0] to try to identify the causes of their sores.

Rizban
2015-07-03, 01:03 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Again!

planswalker
2015-07-03, 09:21 PM
It took the man a few moments to identify the disease as a sort of leprosy that slowly ate away at the skin. However, it was not overly contagious unless one were to get the drainage from an open sore on themselves without immediately washing it away.

Rizban
2015-07-13, 10:40 PM
He walks over and squats down next to them as he did with the boy.

"Dear me. Those sores look painful indeed. Would you care for the Saints' blessings?"

planswalker
2015-07-13, 11:30 PM
They look at him and nod while offering their begging bowls in case he decides to donate.

Rizban
2015-07-13, 11:49 PM
He reaches down with both hands and takes the nearest beggar's hands in his own around the bowl.

"Then may the Saints bless you and allow me to bear your burden for you."

He murmurs a quick prayer, and the faint sounds of many voices in deep chanting prayer can be felt more than heard as they join him in prayer. The prayers end with a snapping sound as delicate blue black crystals form almost instantly on the beggar's wounds, growing and spreading until all are covered. Once the last sore is covered, the crystals shudder and collapse, turning to dust which quickly evaporates, leaving behind only clean, unblemished skin.

The man shudders as he releases the beggar's hands just before similar crystals form on his own skin, transferring the disease and sores to himself.

He gives a pained smile and turns to the next beggar, hands outstretched to grant him the same boon. As the beggars watch, the sores on the man start to dry out and heal over until his own skin is clear once more.

Using empathic transfer to take the disease upon himself. All the fluff is just describing the manifesting display.

Adamant Pauldrons soulmeld renders him immune to disease and to being sickened/nauseated.

He takes the disease but is immune, so it just goes away in the end.
He's got something like 30pp remaining.

planswalker
2015-07-14, 12:13 AM
Amazed at this sight, the three stand up and walk off together, whispering amongst themselves at this sight.

The man is starting to attract a little more notice at this feat, not something easily replicated with conventional magic.

Rizban
2015-07-15, 12:58 AM
Having made a bit of a stir, the man smiles to himself and starts to walk slowly down the street, cordially greeting anyone who meets his eye.

Should no one interact with his at this point, he will step into an alleyway and make himself scarce to return home.

planswalker
2015-07-15, 08:25 AM
Though he gets more than a few passing glances and many eyes follow his movements, no one interrupts him as he progresses.

Rizban
2015-07-23, 02:12 PM
He steps into an alley on the pretense of talking to another in need. Once out of view of the street, he activates a hat of disguise and walks calmly through to the other side. Once back in the street, the man meanders through the city until he reaches a moderately sized home in North Market, tcarefuhe store front underneath the home is boarded up with an "Out of Business" sign nailed to the door. He makes his way up the stairs on the side of the building to the residence above, knocks in a complicated pattern, then steps through it.

Inside, the front room is decorated as expected of an average middle class home. There's a table a chairs near the kitchen for meals, a small stone fireplace with a comfortable couch and plush chair near it, and a small shelf with a small collection of books and heirloom knickknacks (not the awakened squirrel kind).

Dropping his disguise, the man carefully removes his robes and hangs them on a hook near the door, revealing light casual wear underneath.

"Boran! Where are you?"

A younger man with sallow skin and sunken eyes limps up the interior stairs from the closed shop below.

"Sir, I did not hear you return. Was your mission successful?"

"The work moves apace. I have drawn the desired attention and have found a few who will spread the tale. It is only a matter of time before we establish ourselves properly. Where is Doldric?"

"He is still gathering information in Temple. He is insistent that we know which deities hold major sway in the city so we know what resistance to expect."

"I don't like him heading out there alone. It's too dangerous should he be revealed. Still, it is information worth having.

I would eat now. Prepare the meal while I attend to the 'acolytes'."

Boran bobs his head and shuffles to the kitchen to begin cooking. The as-yet-unnamed healer dons his robes again and heads down into the boarded up shop below. Opening the door at the bottom of the stairs reveals a dark and evil place. What once was a general goods store has been ransacked, the shelves overturned and shattered, the counter has been reworked into an altar of sorts, already stained with blood. The family that owned this shop until just recently lies unconscious in alchemically induced sleep in one corner of the room, chained to the wall. Father, mother, two sons (12 and 13), and a daughter (17). The third son (21) lies dead upon the makeshift alter, his body desiccated and gray.

The healer checks the five still living individuals' current condition then heads back upstairs to await his dinner.

I'll let you decide what happens with Doldric, when/if he returns, and what information he brings back with him.

planswalker
2015-07-23, 03:16 PM
works for me. I'll keep that in mind.

btw, pretty sure father, mother, 2 sons, and 1 daughter is five, not four. plus the one dead son.

The five still live and breathe, still unconscious. Their condition remains the same as yesterday and the day before that.

Rizban
2015-07-23, 10:32 PM
Seeing them in good health, he makes a mental note that the poison should start wearing off tomorrow morning. As they will have been unconscious a bit over two days at that point, they'll be quite thirsty. He makes another mental note to have Boran mix another sleeping potion into their water. If they're good, he might even offer some food this time. They're sure to be getting hungry by now...

planswalker
2015-07-23, 10:36 PM
don't know what you're waiting on from me, if you are. The guy who was sent out to scout the temples out won't be back just yet.

btw, may I have an update on Xim, pretty please?