PDA

View Full Version : Waterdeep History?

MesiDoomstalker
2015-07-02, 12:18 AM
Randomly reading my Faerun Campaign Guide, I noticed a little blurb in Waterdeeps entry about the city surviving dieities dueling in the streets. I'm curious who was dueling and where (if at all) it was depicted/novelized. It seems like an event that WotC would got into detail about at some point. Anyone know who they were?

Bullet06320
2015-07-02, 01:09 AM
the Avatar trilogy, specifically Waterdeep, the 3rd book in the series
and the accompanying adventures

Myrkul attacked Waterdeep during the Time of Troubles, one of the few rare times Ao makes his present known to the realms, and Cyric and Midnight ascend to gods on the same day

MesiDoomstalker
2015-07-02, 01:19 AM
the Avatar trilogy, specifically Waterdeep, the 3rd book in the series
and the accompanying adventures

Myrkul attacked Waterdeep during the Time of Troubles, one of the few rare times Ao makes his present known to the realms, and Cyric and Midnight ascend to gods on the same day

Sweet, I have a new book series to read after War of the Spiderqueen.

Karl Aegis
2015-07-02, 02:03 AM
Mephistopheles, Archduke of Cania, attacks Waterdeep personally in a Neverwinter Nights module.

Callin
2015-07-02, 08:11 AM
The Sahuagin also amass an army and attack Waterdeep.

The Threat from the Sea series by Mel Odom

Darrin
2015-07-02, 10:42 AM
I noticed a little blurb in Waterdeeps entry about the city surviving dieities dueling in the streets.

In Waterdeep, this is known as "Seconday (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ButForMeItWasTuesday)".

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-02, 10:46 AM
In Waterdeep, this is known as "Seconday (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ButForMeItWasTuesday)".
Yeah. Poor Waterdeep never seems to get a break.

MesiDoomstalker
2015-07-02, 04:02 PM

If I'm understanding the link correctly (shame on you for not giving any warning), the citizens of Waterdeep barely register it as an important event in history? Because the city is so full of interesting things, nothing is interesting?

Darrin
2015-07-02, 08:03 PM
If I'm understanding the link correctly (shame on you for not giving any warning), the citizens of Waterdeep barely register it as an important event in history? Because the city is so full of interesting things, nothing is interesting?

Sorry, I was trying to recycle an old joke, more about Forgotten Realms than Waterdeep: the gods walking the earth and tearing up cities because of some magic-shattering cataclysm has become so commonplace (particularly with edition changes) that the general populace of Toril is now, "Meh... Must be Tuesday."

And yeah, I should have put a warning on that link.

Bullet06320
2015-07-03, 01:34 AM
The Sahuagin also amass an army and attack Waterdeep.

The Threat from the Sea series by Mel Odom

if I recall correctly Iakhovas wasn't a diety, just an ancient powerful immortal till he was killed