PDA

View Full Version : half orc blade pact warlock

Jlooney
2015-07-02, 08:07 AM
So in the upcoming game I'm going to be playing in we all got races assigned to us and were told to see what we could do.

I have the following stats before racial modifiers

I decided to go blade pact and wanted some input as to advice on build or just adice. Have at it

We are starting level 1 and going to about 10

kaoskonfety
2015-07-02, 08:39 AM
Um - Wow...

NUMBERS!!! You really cannot go wrong with those.

Str 18 Cha 17 Con 17?
15 dex for the AC and save?
wis 12 (save)
Int 10 (cause Int is the new dump stat)

first ASI +1 Cha and Con or the feat Resiliant: Con

(Pact) Reach weapon + Pole arm master?

Or...
Str 19 Cha 16 Con 17
First ASI in Str and Con or Resiliant Con
(tempting to splash for Barb 1-3 levels... rage is LIKE a spell, get medium armour and half damage)

(Pact) Reach weapon + Polearm master works ok...

I'd be digging my heals into the "big charming brutish, who sold their soul for power" angle - so Fiend pact and focus on spells to buff/defend myself while I'm up close, with a couple big AOE options splashed in to deal with peons beneath my notice. Away from books so I'm not going to dig into details... but now I want to play this guy... bother.

PoeticDwarf
2015-07-04, 11:13 AM
Um - Wow...

NUMBERS!!! You really cannot go wrong with those.

Str 18 Cha 17 Con 17?
15 dex for the AC and save?
wis 12 (save)
Int 10 (cause Int is the new dump stat)

first ASI +1 Cha and Con or the feat Resiliant: Con

(Pact) Reach weapon + Pole arm master?

Or...
Str 19 Cha 16 Con 17
First ASI in Str and Con or Resiliant Con
(tempting to splash for Barb 1-3 levels... rage is LIKE a spell, get medium armour and half damage)

(Pact) Reach weapon + Polearm master works ok...

I'd be digging my heals into the "big charming brutish, who sold their soul for power" angle - so Fiend pact and focus on spells to buff/defend myself while I'm up close, with a couple big AOE options splashed in to deal with peons beneath my notice. Away from books so I'm not going to dig into details... but now I want to play this guy... bother.

Because polearm master is still the feat to have, because it's lv. 5+ better than dual wielder.

Ralanr
2015-07-04, 11:22 AM
You don't need to go pole arm master if you don't want to. If you are planning to use a two handed weapon, warcaster would be important to consider.