PDA

View Full Version : Heroes guilds B [IC]

Holy-hunter
2015-07-02, 08:41 AM
It's a normal leisurely day in bogton, in the distance the wood cutters axes can be heard as the guards guild worked hard clearing away the trees from around the bog in preparation for the coming colder months.

Meanwhile birds sing joyfully as they soar through the clear blue sky's overhead, enjoying the the glowing warmth of a bright sun. A gentle breeze runs across the luscious green fields on the stretching green hillside, the trees gently dance and whisper in the breeze as if playing with the children that ran around them care free, giggling and chasing each other about.

All seemed right, all seemed safe.
All the townsfolk seemed uplifted and caught by the blessed day they were experiencing. It was a positivity that was contagious.

As Sia nears the town, walking along the dirt ridden path from one destination to the next. Traveling between various cattle fields, she is suddenly approached by two men.
A stout dwarf and a shady looking human. They wear no armour, instead adorned in what looks like a fine quality smith's or carpenters outfit.
A symbol of a hammer silhouette against a tree can be found about on their attire. The dwarf also carries a hammer and the human a club.

"Hi there little girl, what brings you here?"
"That's a fine looking sword you have there, mind if I have a look?"

The human speaks after the dwarf and holds out his hands, insisting she let him view it.

Kueser is nearby, resting in a small hay barn and can see the commotion taking place through gaps in the wooden slates. (Listen DC 10 to follow the conversation)

Lentrax
2015-07-02, 03:42 PM
Sia is having a wonderful time strolling about the countryside. A few coppers rattle in her pockets, her leather vest is freshly polished, and the lace at the cuffs of her shirt is still clean. Her rapier hangs loosely to her hip, adjusted for a more daring draw, and her whip hangs cheerfully on her other hip.

Well, maybe not cheerfully. As cheerful as a whip can be Sia supposed.

Well, what have we here? Two men looking for a good time?

"Mind if I have a look?"

Of course you can, my good Sir. It truly is an impeccable weapon.

Sia draws it in a very dashing style. Even the ring of the blade clearing the scabbard was cheerfully daring.

Perhaps you'd care to have a better look at its business end?

Medic!
2015-07-02, 05:26 PM
Kueser

Kueser stretches in the daylight pouring through the rafters, his lanky form soaking in the warmth beneath his patchwork sack-cloth clothing. As he rolls over to begin deciding what to do with his day, he smacks his lips, reviving the taste of last night's stew, and peers out the loft to see a stranger and a couple of locals...and the stranger bares steel?!?!?

Well now, might be a few leftovers to be had this morning after all...

Kueser listens in to their conversation and begins making his way down out of the barn as stealthily as he can to get a better vantage point, and maybe a good place to spring from and snatch some coin or steel when the dust kicks up.

Got a 13 for the DC 10 Listen check (rolled in the OOC thread). Kueser will hide and move silently and attempt to get closer to the confrontation without being spotted, hopefully close enough to intervene or snatch something of value.
Rolls if needed:
[roll0]
[roll1]
And in-case one or the other is needed:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Holy-hunter
2015-07-03, 12:06 AM
Sia draws it in a very dashing style. Even the ring of the blade clearing the scabbard was cheerfully daring.

Perhaps you'd care to have a better look at its business end?

Both men chuckle, placing their hands on their hips an nearer their own weapons. They act amused but Sia was wise to the brief moment of panic and fear as she drew her blade.

"Hmmm, acting tough little one. That's gonna get you in trouble!" Speaks the dwarf, a sense of agitation in his voice.

The human can be noticed looking over Sia's clothes, probably looking for a guild symbol. He then speaks.

"We can do this now or later but every non-guild member must have their weapon registered and intentions vouched for...
It's our towns rules, sorry but can't just have people running about building their own malitia!"

He draws his club along with a crooked smile.

Meanwhile Kueser has positioned himself behind a small barrel of hay, next to a small fence, only 20ft behind the two men.
He knows what the men say is partially true but it doesn't include small or light blades and Kueser is pretty sure that the rapier would just fit in the excluded category.

(Sia may try spot or hear Kueser.)
(Fence is easy to get over but will need a roll if you don't want it to take up any movement. Tumble/jump/climb.)

Lentrax
2015-07-03, 12:19 PM
Interesting explanation, boys. Really it is. Genius, coming from a lot that looks, frankly, well, like you. But interestingly enough, we don't seem to be in town. On the road to it, certainly, but not in it. And that would really seem to make all the difference, wouldn't it? If we aren't in town, how can we apply the town's rule out here in the country? Though likewise, we couldn't go about applying the country's rules to the town. Seems to make quite a little bit of a mess over nothing, don't you think? Now, why don't you put down the club and go find someone else to bother, or you find out why Threader here, she lifts the sword up an inch or so to emphasize the rapier's name then lowers it back down. Got the name she did.

Holy-hunter
2015-07-04, 03:55 AM
"Humph" they both snort at Sia's remark, neither of them seem to want risk getting skewered over a sword.

"Little girl, your just lucky you came across us and not some no-good guys, you are brave, I'll give you that!"

"Brave and stupid, that sword ain't worth dying over. If you're as good with it as you think you should go down to the swamp and help the cutters out."

"Just don't disturbed the horses, they a mighty bit jumpy, take the side dirt path. You'll see it."

"See you around" ;)

And the two men continue on their way snickering to each other as they pass.

Medic!
2015-07-05, 12:04 AM
Kueser

Kueser does a front roll over the fence and steps out into the path as the man and dwarf depart. "Just so you know, your blade is legal, they were full of it. I'm Kueser, pleased to meet you!" His name comes out like "keez-er" as he scratches his head a bit awkwardly and proffers a shy wave.

Lentrax
2015-07-05, 12:19 AM
With a few deft motions that belt a speed with her wrist uncommon to many, Sia reverses her grip on Threader, and with a small flourish, replaces the blade in its scabbard.

Most weapons are. Unless you're dim witted enough to do something incredibly dim witted with yours. Sia. she bows dramatically. Pirate extraordinaire, or I would be, if I but had a ship.

Medic!
2015-07-05, 01:45 AM
Kueser

"This is an awfully strange place for a pirate...then again I suppose a pirate with no ship is a little strange itself huh...say if you're from out of town, that means YOU need a guide! I'm local, and I'm cheap, if you're not too good to take a waif on your crew..." his eyes narrow with a bit of suspicion at the last part, as though he expects he already knows the answer and won't like it.

Lentrax
2015-07-05, 05:06 AM
Ragamuffin, eh? Well it so happens, I am looking to save up the money for a ship. So, if you do happen to be cheap, I would be more than happy to take you on. So, that makes you First Mate! Or at least it does until I have a larger crew selection and a chance to hold the proper evaluations. I should probably also wait until I actually have a ship.

Medic!
2015-07-05, 05:29 AM
Kueser

An impish grin spreads across the young man's face. "AYE CAP'N! What business are we to be about then?"

Lentrax
2015-07-06, 09:13 AM
I'm just off looking for work. Ships aren't cheap you know.

Medic!
2015-07-06, 02:08 PM
Kueser

"Could be some merit to that idea of helping the cutters in the swamp."

Lentrax
2015-07-12, 12:11 AM
Maybe, but I'm not buying anything they say without paying someone else for an honest word or two...