PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder New Daevic Passion (PEACH)

Bombadil
2015-07-02, 10:33 AM
So, I was looking through Akashic Mysteries by Dreamscarred Press (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?409134-Dreamscarred-Press-Presents-Akashic-Mysteries-Thread-2) for a suitable pathfinder incarnum class. I saw the Daevic and knew it was the right choice for this campaign, the only problem was that this character is a mounted character and none of the passions emphasize mounted combat. So I decided to throw this one together which basically makes it a cavalier with the Akashic abilities of a daevic. Currently I don't have a name that I think works (I'm better at crunch than fluff) so I am open to recommendations for along those lines as well. Currently I'm referring to this passion as Chivalry with the two options at sixth level being White Knight and Black Knight.

Chivalry: Daevas of Chivalry seek out a pair of souls rather than a single servant. Usually such individuals display Honor and Bravery, though some may use their powers to become defenders of their people and others train for the express purpose of anhilating any who would stand in their way. Daevics of Chivalry can be found across the spectrum of alignments but tend towards the extreme.
Passion Veils: Armory of the Conqueror, Cincture of the Dragon, Collar of Skilled Instruction, Cuirass of Confidence,Crusader’s Shield, Daevic Aspect, Horselord’s Greaves, Sentinel’s Helm, Tauric Brace

Skills: Diplomacy, Handle Animal, and Ride

At 1st level, the Daevic gains the service of a Loyal Steed treated as a Cavalier's Mount, except the mount is required to take the Buraq Archetype. The character's veil weaver level is to be used as the characters effective druid level. The Daevic must shape Horselord's Greaves in one of his passion slots every day.

At 5th level the Daevic gains use of the Cavalier's Charge ability as given in the SRD.

At 8th level, the Daevic ignores the armor check penalty when using the Ride skill when the creature he is riding is his mount. Whenever he makes a charge attack while mounted, he receives a +4 dodge bonus to his AC to avoid attacks set against his charge. When making such an attack, he can add his mount’s Strength modifier to the damage roll, in addition to his own. He also receives a bonus feat, chosen from the following list: Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Skill Focus (Ride), Spirited Charge, Trample, or Unseat. He must qualify for the feat selected.

At 6th level the possessing daeva begins to transform and adopt an affinity for a particular aspect of Chivalry. Choose one of the following aspects:

White Knight: A White Knight has become a protector of all he holds dear. He adjusts the benefits granted by Horselord's greaves as follows: His mount receives twice the bonus on AC and Saving throws from Horselord's Greaves and allies gain the bonus to AC and saves when within 5 ft per invested essence. He also no longer needs to bind Horselord's Greaves to enjoy the bonuses to AC, Saves, or Temporary HP to his mount or allies.

Black Knight: A Black knight has become a force of destruction and violence, gaining mounted Skirmisher as a bonus feat and a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls as part of a charge for each 10 feet he and his mount move before the attack. This increases to +2 per 10 feet at 11th level and +4 per 10 feet at 16th level.

Daevic Aspect

Chivalry: Mount gains 10 foot increase to all movement speeds per invested essence, Daevic gains +1 insight bonus to AC per invested essence

Chakra Bind (Blood): [D12] placeholder until I come up with something suitable

I'd like to thank Ssalarn and the rest of the Dreamscarred Press team for this awesome supplement!

Bombadil
2015-07-03, 07:37 AM
Shameless Bump

Bombadil
2015-07-07, 05:45 PM
Second Bump.

Bombadil
2015-07-10, 08:19 AM
So, over a hundred views and no responses? does this mean that everyone thinks this is ok and balanced? Maybe later I'll put this one in with more Daevic Passions that will encompass more fighting styles. I noticed that TWF was under represented, and maybe a stealthy rogue like style would be a nice addition. Of course that means more veils will be needed to support that.

NomGarret
2015-11-19, 12:54 PM
I like the white knight/black knight dichotomy. It's a neat take on the larger-than-life feel of Daevic passions.

I think requiring the Buraq archetype and Horselord's Greaves is a bit heavy handed, though. They are natural choices for such a build, 90% of characters would do that anyway.

nikkoli
2015-11-19, 04:37 PM
The black knight seems a little strong. +10/20/40 to hit and damage for charging 100 ft at lvl 6/10/16 seems overkill. Charging only 30ft doesn't make anything super crazy happen at any level but the long charge to initiate. Combat is a little scary. Especially if you were to crit. A flat +40 or +80 or more depending on your weapon seems kinda strong from a single source.
The idea of having a black and white knight is awesome I think, but maybe scale down the bonus to +1/20ft charged at 6, +1/10 ft charged at 10 and +2/10 ft charged at 16. I asume that these bonuses are on top of the charging bonus too?

noob
2015-11-19, 04:48 PM
Well it is not that bad since it suffers all the ubercharger weaknesses and counters and some more.