PDA

View Full Version : Ruins of Myth Drannor

Tashio
2015-07-02, 06:58 PM
Shadowdale

Through circumstances and travel you find yourselves in a small tavern in the town of Shadowdale. It's inhabitants a mixture of races, mostly human with the odd elf. Despite the time that has past since the fall of Myth Drannor the area has not full recovered. The mood inside seems rather sombre, rumours abound of brigands attacking caravans and even brash enough to take on armed patrols.

You catch snippets of whispered conversations.

".... I think the drow are behind it, they must be paying off...."

"New supplies are supposed to be arriving next week, lets hope they are not delayed...."

"...outskirts of Myth Drannor... thing growing wild..."

"This ale is horrid, I hope they get some new stuff soon."

An abrupt silence takes over the room as a cloaked figure enters. The heavy footfall and bulk of the figures body gives all the indication of a man. The hood pulled far over his head reveals almost nothing of his facial features. Heads rise from their drinks and eyes track his movement across the room to the section of the wall which serves as a general notice board. With a simple movement he withdraws a piece of parchment from beneath his robe and tacks it to the wall. He departs as he arrived, without word.

Most patrons slowly return to their drinks and the talk begins once more. A couple people get up from the table to look at the notice. They all turn shaking their heads to themselves and returning to their tables, "...madness, bloody madness.."

2015-07-02, 07:31 PM
Fargor rises from where he's been drinking alone and stalks over to the message board; a job's a job, no matter how crazy, and you never know when you might stumble across a diamond hiding amongst the droppings. As he makes his way over, he makes note of every other person rising to do the same, trying to size them up as he makes his way over; could they be the capable kind of adventurers, or just punk kids trying to play at being tough and worldly? No way to know for sure...

Passive Perception (keeping any eye on the other patrons): 20
Insight (Judging the competence of the others who are getting up to go see): [roll0]

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-02, 07:59 PM
In the opposite corner of the common room, a tough-looking gnome gal, bright amber eyes and fiery streaks in her hair, was getting seriously agitated. But she isn't drunk at all, simply very passionate about brewing.

"YOU CALL THIS ALE?!?"

Nyx throws her mug in disgust and leaps off her chair. She quickly gathers the handful of knucklebones spread on the table and stores them safely inside her bag. Before leaving, she addresses the ragtag lot sitting at the table, one of which had just barely dodged a flying beer mug...

"Don't worry boys, I'll be back next time to win all your gold all over again!"

She then manoeuvers around the patrons, catching glimpse of conversation, spitting at the mention of drow. Nyx finally makes her way to the board sporting a brand new parchment note. She frowns.

"So, what's this about, eh? Not another one of those wererat sightings, I hope. If it is I swear to Moradin that I'll..."

At that moment she stops herself and gives a good look at the others approaching the board.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-02, 09:43 PM
Covered in the rocky dust of mortar and stone, the bronzed, dusky Hill Dwarf Baelic enters the tavern with a tired face, but an excited glint in his eye. After spending most of his day trying to reinforce the walls of Shadowdale to help protect its people from the raiding brigands, his arms and body were tired. Still, his true passion, his excitement for being in this town, may have just been rekindled with the stranger who left mere moments ago.

Despite just leaving the temple of Marthammor Duin a little over two years ago, Baelic had developed a taste for adventuring. But his excitement did not rest in glory or fame, but rather the end goal - money paid and loot won. Rewards which would greatly help those of both his temple as well as those suffering greatly in this town.

Baelic's heart went out to these people of the town since his arrival - suffering from the cruelness of others, the commoners were the ones most affected by tragedy. For decades, his only ability had been to help such people rebuild - with his hands and skill in masonry to rebuilding homes and security, and with his magic, rebuilding the bodies and health of those most hurt. But when his temple, seeing his muscles and magic grow strong with practice, sent him out on his first adventure in the world, he found the material wealth he was able to bring in with one month of adventuring could outpace a year of his normal charitable work.

With that in mind, he looked around the tavern for a sign of adventuring work. Knowing this would be the most likely place to recruit a party, after his day of manual work to improve what safety he could provide, he came into the tavern night after night, waiting for a quest or a job to go up. Seeing the figure enter with what appeared to be a notice and leaving abruptly, Baelic's heartbeat grew quickly, sensing the beginning of an adventure and the chance to serve his higher calling to his god and the people of the world.

Baelic walks up and examines the notice, searching for any details about the task at hand.

Zergrinch
2015-07-02, 10:15 PM
The Earth Genasi was all alone in the tavern, and that suited him fine. Many found his new appearance... unsettling. Where he had once the easy grace of a high Elf, there was only the hefty bulk of an earth elemental. True, the arcane explosion that caught the soldier was equal parts blessing and curse - had the transformation never occured, Zerus would have been killed along with the other defenders of Myth Drannor. All history now, but still the wounds fester in the Paladin.

The hushed silence ironically interrupts the genasi's train of thought, as he sees a hooded man attach something to the wall. His curiousity piqued, Zerus lumbers over to read it, but only after he opens up his senses for anything profane.

Use Divine Sense to detect evil. Read the notice.

Tashio
2015-07-03, 10:44 AM
As a few of you rise from your seats you get a mixed bag of looks. Baelic and Fargor get barely a look blending in with most of the locals. One or two locals unfamiliar with Zerus give him a bit of a startled look realising he's far from human.

A loud grunt echoes through the tavern as a patron ducks the thrown keg, followed by a round of grumbling as they see their money walking out.

From the bar a loud voice shouts out, "Gnome I don't think you can do any better with what we're stuck with here!"

For those brave souls, who dare to brave the elven forests.
The chance to earn great reward.
Meet me this evening beneath the twisted tower.

Everyone seems to have returned to their drinking, though are paying attention to anyone approaching the board, mostly out of interest than any malice.
Most who got up seem to be simply interested artisans. One or two carried the swagger of someone who had confidence in a fight but would most likely run at the sight of an ogre without backup.

You get no sense of evil intent.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-03, 12:58 PM
"The chance to earn great reward."

Baelic reads that and instantly heads out the door, ignoring any others who were shuffled around the notice. Not usually rude and unsocial, he wanted to be one of the first to arrive and make sure he would have a spot.

He hurries off into the night, heading to the Twisted Tower to seek the chance at reward, reward which would help those in his temple for years to come.

2015-07-03, 01:05 PM
"Well then, to the twisted tower go I," Fargor thought bemusedly. The elven forests were nothing to worry about if you kept your head, and were decently competent; combined with the promise of great reward, this screamed "easy money" to him. As he made his way towards the door, he noticed another fellow all but running out to catch up with the stranger. A smirk crossed his face; no harm in messing with the other man just a little bit...and racing was something Fargor was very good at. As he exited the building, tossing a few coins in pay towards the barkeep, he began making his way towards the twisted tower at full speed.

I have a 45 ft move rate, bonus action Dash, Athletics +6, and Acrobatics +8. Sure, it's kinda petty racing somebody there when I'm not worried about missing out, but it's a harmless little trick.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-03, 02:23 PM
Nyx grins to herself while reading the notice. She then turns towards the barman:

"Do not fear, things are only going to get better. Soon you'll be able to taste the most perfect brew!"

As she prepares to leave for the twisted tower, however, she's almost TRAMPLED TO DEATH* by a very impolite dwarf.

"HEY!", she yells in impeccable dwarvish. "What the devil!? What's gotten into him?"

Nyx continues mumbling as she follows the road to the tower.

*Exaggeration brought to you by Nyx Smirvnavlinathr, the one and only gnomish brewmistress!

Irish Musician
2015-07-03, 03:37 PM
Kennis Hedeker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=256699), Half-Elf Warlock
Kennis sits at the end of the bar, her armor turned to look like a very nice looking evening dress. Her glass of wine sits in front of her as she sips on it looking around the room. She studies the people and what they are all about, their mannerisms, how drunk they are, and which ones she might be able to take back to her room and steal all their stuff.

However, a cloaked and hidden individual steps through the door. He walks straight to the board, pins something on it, and then is gone just as quick as he is here. As intrigued as she is, she stays put for the moment. She sees a few people look at the boards, but then noticed 4 individuals that seems to catch her eye more than the others. A very feisty gnome, she liked her immediately, an elf, a very weird rock looking thing that she assumed was an elemental of some sort, and a typical (said grumpy) dwarf, all of which seemed to be heading out the door.

Kennis smiles, That would prove to be an interesting group. She finishes her wine and once all of them seemed to have left she goes up to the board and reads the notice. Twisted tower huh?, she thinks to herself. "Well, had no prospects here, might as well check it out." She turns and walks out of the bar, and as she does her nice clothes seem to shimmer and turn into studded leather armor and adventuring clothes. She gives the nearest man a wink and walks out the door.

Tashio
2015-07-03, 04:38 PM
Kennis gets a few wolf whistles as she stands and walks over to the board. "I've got all the adventure you need right here baby." They come to an abrupt halt as her clothing shimmers back to armour.

Baelic is in the lead heading towards the tower when a shadowy figure dashes past at an almost unnatural speed going in the same direction.

Eventually all five of you are gathered in the shadow of the Twisted Tower. Despite it's name and it's twisted design, the gardens surrounding it are rather pleasant and surrounded with a neat hedged fence. Despite the chill of the autumn evening the garden seems warmer. The door of the tower opens and the man from the tavern exits. He pulls back the hood of his cloak, revealing a young human. He has long black hair and alert green eyes. A hawk-like nose protrudes from his face.

"Ah good evening, thank you for sparing your time. My name is Eladar," he says pleasantly, "There is a journal I would like recovered. I believe it is located in a grove outside of the ruins of Myth Drannor."

"I will of course make it worth your time. You may of course keep whatever other treasure you find."

"The grove is protected by a rather powerful illusion causing most to simply turn away or travel in circles till their death, I have a scroll containing a spell to nullify the spell for long enough to enter and retrieve the book but you shall not have long before you need to escape."

2015-07-03, 04:48 PM
How long is 'not very long'?" Fargor asked. Would we be talking days, hours...minutes? An important distinction, I'm sure you'll agree."

Tashio
2015-07-03, 05:10 PM
"You'll have about two hours, I cannot guarantee any more time than that, it should be sufficient to discover the journal as long as you do not waste time."

Irish Musician
2015-07-03, 05:12 PM
Kennis Hedeker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=256699), Half-Elf Warlock
As they all wait for the man to appear, Kennis juggles some sparks as she starts to get bored. Finally the man shows up and he tells his tale of what he needs from them. A book, huh? Doesn't seem to be too hard, and then he gets to the part about the magical illusion. Ah, there's the catch, she thinks and a smirk grow on her face. "So, what kind of monsters or things might we run into in this grove? It isn't exactly like it is a normal place." She looks at the man in the eyes, matching his gaze.

Tashio
2015-07-03, 05:23 PM
"You will find almost anything living within the forest these days, from the usual beasts to vicious devils. I would advise avoiding the city itself. The grove is sufficiently outside of the city that you should not run into any of it's more dangerous inhabitants."

"I would suggest caution should you run into other groups, there are many who pray on those who seek the ruins treasures."

Zergrinch
2015-07-03, 08:10 PM
Zerus was not quite sure why he was here - in truth he probably got caught up in the competition despite his apparent disinterest in "the chance to earn great reward."

But still, if that great reward would bring him more tools to ensure Myth Drannor's reconstruction...

"Why do you want the journal?" the Earth Genasi asks the young man bluntly.

Insight on any deceitfulness/ill intent: [roll0].
Cast "Find Steed" to summon a Pegasus (if DM allows it. If not, then a warhorse.

Tashio
2015-07-03, 08:40 PM
"The journal belonged to a mage who lived in the early days of Myth Drannor. While it contains little magical knowledge it contains much about the early history."

You sense no ill intent or deceit.

Zergrinch
2015-07-03, 08:44 PM
"What interest have you in Myth Drannor's early history? It is nothing but..." something catches in Zerus' throat, which he proceeds to hide with a cough.

"But a memory."

Tashio
2015-07-03, 09:09 PM
"My interest is my own, but the knowledge will not go to waste if that is your concern."

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-03, 10:07 PM
Nyx's eyes grow wide at the mention of the journal. She would kill to get her hands on such a relic from ages past. Not even for the magical knoweldge, but all the stories and thoughts coming from a person following an arcane tradition similar to her own, in a time of legends and wonders!

"A powerful illusion you say? Bah, I would never get trapped in one of those. But if we're all to go as a group, your nullifying spell would certainly come in handy. I would prefer if we all came back from this. Could I get a look at this scroll?"

As she speaks, a chocolate-colored long-tailed weasel appears out of thin air on the wizard's shoulder.

Tashio
2015-07-04, 05:52 AM
The man chuckles when the weasel appears, he gives him a quick scratch before passing the scroll to him.

"A word of caution though, the journal belonged to a rather powerful mage and even though it is simply a journal, it may still contain some rather strong defensive magic."

Arcana: [roll0]
You recognise some of the patterns and word forms on the scroll. They match those similar to spells design to dispel or disrupt magic.
It is beyond your current level of understanding.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-04, 09:48 AM
Baelic had been watching this interaction with quiet, but rapt, attention.

"You mentioned we should be cautious around other groups... do you have any reason to suspect there would be others out searching the area?"

Baelic felt there was much not being told to the group of characters... which, given the rough-around-the-edges appearance of those who showed up, made Baelic a little nervous.

Tashio
2015-07-04, 10:05 AM
"The city holds many treasures, some brave the walls to find those treasures, others pray on those who have ventured in trying to catch them wounded and low on resources. The elven forest is not a safe place."

Irish Musician
2015-07-04, 12:42 PM
Kennis leans on her quarterstaff, listening to the man and all his explanations of their new mission. "So what, pray tell, is in it for us to retrieve this amazing book of history?" She juggles her sparks still and at the end of her speaking, claps her hands and the sparks snuff out.

2015-07-04, 12:45 PM
"Didn't you hear?" Fargor asks, sarcasm dripping off his every word. "We can have whatever else we find of value or use! And hey, it's an ancient ruin in a magical forest, so of course, there will be magic items almost literally growing on trees."

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-04, 12:52 PM
"This looks like the real deal. Good. I just hope it doesn't blow up in my face. Scrolls sometimes do that. Especially when gnomes are involved. For some reason."

Nyx takes her eyes off the scroll for a moment to study Fargor's facial expression. She then turns to Eladar wondering what his reaction will be.

Irish Musician
2015-07-04, 12:54 PM
Kennis shoots a fiery look at the elf, "Oh I planned on keeping whatever I find of use out there.....but that's no guarantee that there is even anything out there we will find. If I am going to risk my life for some damned book, I need a promise of some sort of guaranteed payment." She scowls at the elf, Pretentious elves......, she thinks.

Tashio
2015-07-04, 01:15 PM
Eladar's eyes flick back and forth between everyone as they speak out.

"Now now ladies and gentlemen," Eladar says with an almost elderly tone.

"Don't worry little lady, that scroll will work. Gnomeproof in fact," he says with a gentle smile.

More seriously, "Along with the scroll that will grant access to the grove, I am willing to pay the sum of 2000 gold each, I trust that will satisfy your need."

"Now if you have no further questions I have other matters I need to attend to." He reaches into his robe and withdraws a rolled up scroll of paper. "A map."

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-04, 01:21 PM
"It's a deal!"

Nyx rolls the scroll and stores it safely in her Handy Haversack. She takes the weasel in her hands and pets it gently.

"One last thing Eladar. What's the dead guy's name?"

Tashio
2015-07-04, 01:31 PM
Turning back from the door, "I believe it belongs to one of the archmages from early Myth Drannor, which one is a bit of a mystery, but one that may be solved when it's found."

Irish Musician
2015-07-04, 01:46 PM
Kennis smirks again, "Two thousand works for me. We'll get your important book." She throws her quarterstaff in the air and catches it, standing ready for the other to be ready to head out.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-04, 03:40 PM
Once the door closes behind Eladar, Nyx turns to her newfound allies.

"This scroll? It's powerful magic too. Makes you wonder why he doesn't go in there himself, with that kind of mojo... Anyway, my name's Nyx Smirvnavlinathr.
That's Brewmistress Nyx Smirvnavlinathr to you."

The gnome wizard appears to glance at some of the companions...mostly the very rude, gnome-trampling dwarf. At this point, the weasel has jumped off Nyx's arms and his currently dancing playfully around Kennis.

"Porter, behave! Oh sorry, this is my familiar: Porter. He seems to like you, lady," adds Nyx, smiling.

Irish Musician
2015-07-04, 03:58 PM
Kennis smiles at the weasel and starts chasing him around with her quarterstaff. She gives a chuckle, "That's alright, he seems a lot more fun than most of the men I meet." She keeps chasing him with the staff as long as he seems to be having fun, "battling" with him and letting him chase the staff as well.

2015-07-04, 04:10 PM
Fargor gives a small nod in acknowledgement. "Brewmistress Nyx, a pleasure. I'm Fargor."

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-04, 07:14 PM
Baelic gives a deep bow.

Please accept my deepest apologies, everyone. I find I am often a little too enthusiastic for my own good. A product of decades serving a god of explorers, I suppose!"

Baelic seems to chuckle at his own joke, beaming at those surrounding him.

"I am Baelic Torq, cleric of Marthammor Duin, the Finder of Trails and Watcher over Wanderers. His gaze and favor is on us tonight, I can tell from the clear night's sky he has graced us with. His power will guide us to our goal... 2000 gold is quite a reward, treasure that will be quite effective at caring for the less fortunate who seek aid in our temple."

At the promise of gold and the thrill of a quest, Baelic seems less on edge than before. Almost as if he finds life more comfortable leaping into danger to earn fortune and glory.

Zergrinch
2015-07-04, 07:48 PM
"Zerus Galanodel," the Earth Genasi rumbled, and that was the only thing the taciturn Paladin said. He gives no indication on why an Earth Elemental would have an Elvish name, or why a Paladin would be interested in a quest for profits.

Of course, anything related to Myth Drannor interested the Genasi, and he intends to make sure that any such artifacts are not desecrated.

A warhorse (Avenger) appears out of nowhere, and the Paladin mounts it with practiced ease. He ***** his head at the others as if to say "Are you ready to go?"

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-04, 08:09 PM
"Our... taciturn... friend Zerus is right. We should head to our destination, without delay."

Baelic wondered to himself if his cheer was fooling any of his group. He eyed the monstrous earth elemental, silently wondering how such a creature could even be supported by a horse. Yet he sensed a noble spirit from him... which the same can't be said just yet from the others.

The wood elf seemed to be hiding something to Baelic's eyes, a level of familiarity with this location that passed that of an experienced adventurer. If Baelic didn't know better, he might have thought that Fargor might have been asking about old acquaintances rather than long-dead ancients.

The gnome Nyx was a brash lass, it seemed, and a heavy drinker (something the followers of Marthammor don't condemn, truth be told). You can always trust loud folks to be loudly truthful, Baelic thought to himself.

Yet most unnerving was the half elf woman... a mystical air hung about her, which was hardly an unusual sight in this party of wizards, clerics and elementals. Yet the feeling made Baelic uneasy, as if not just magical force, but a... PRESENCE... accompanied Kennis when she moved. A carefree seeming attitude that belied a deadly dangerous force underneath. Was Kennis the one holding the reigns.... or another being entirely?

"...onward, my new companions! Marthammor, the Watcher of Wanderers, may shift his gaze in boredom if we are dawdling too long!"

Baelic signed inwardly and thought "Why couldn't we have gotten another dwarf?"

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-04, 08:22 PM
Nyx glances at the earth elemental riding a warhorse. Doesn't he notice that none of us have a mount? She follows him regardless.

"Yeah, let's get going. If anybody gets thirsty, you can taste my newest creation, the Dirty Kobold Bitter Ale. It's marvelous! Or you can go with the classic Raging Owlbear Pale Ale, I'm sure you've heard of it.

But, hmm, does anyone already know the region well?", she asks pointing at Eladar's map.

Irish Musician
2015-07-05, 12:13 PM
Kennis saw the dwarf's gaze linger over her for a little longer than normal. Given his religious predilections, she didn't figure he was checking her out. The ones closest to the gods always seemed to be able to tell something was....off...about her. She knew they could tell there was some other worldly power infused inside her. And these were always the most fun to mess with.

Kennis starts walking with the others and strolls up next to the dwarf, "So," she gives him a wide smile and wink, "what's your story Baelic? You seem like a good head on your shoulders. Man of the cloth, are ya?" She bats her eyes at him and keeps her big smile. This will be entertaining, she thinks.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-05, 01:17 PM
"Indeed. I have served in the temple of Marthammor Duin in our mountain'a city since I was barely a man, from the young age of 50. And there I would have stayed, more than likely, if not for a particularly nasty gnoll raid two years ago."

Baelic found his anxiety fading. This girl seemed perfectly friendly, allowing him to shake his earlier misgivings.

After the gnolls broke through our walls with much larger numbers than usual, I was enormously busy repairing - both the walls themselves, as well as the health of our fighters during the night. Working on reinforcing the masonry of the walls one afternoon, far from the temple, I saw a nearby party of gnoll scouts. Bracing myself to run, I then saw their target - a group of supply merchants, unprepared and likely to be easily overrun.

Using nothing but my chiseling hammer, I surprised myself with how powerful my strikes were, as a lifetime of stone working had given me mighty strength, even from a dwarf's standards. It was in that moment, when I saw the safety of the people of my city secured, I felt the presence of Marthammor Duin more than I had in nearly a century of service.

My god had a plan for me and it involved service beyond our mountain walls, as our god of travelers would wish. So I help those I see and perform these such..." Baelic paused to find the right word, "adventures... so that the rewards can be given to those who are helpless and need help the most."

"But here I am gabbing away... what about you, young Kennis? What brings you out on this quest of ours?" Baelic had not meant to talk so openly about his past. While she looked alright enough for a non-dwarven gal, he knew it was not her appearance which made his tongue wag.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-05, 06:30 PM
After hearing only a few words of Baelic's monologue, Nyx is already bored to tears.

"Maybe you guys want to share your expertise so we plan how we're going to survive that forsaken place - vicious monsters, thieves, undead elves, magical experiments gone wrong and the like?"

2015-07-05, 06:44 PM
"I'm quick on my feet, and stealthier than I have any right to be," Fargor replies. As a wry smile with a hint of nostalgic pain crosses his face, he adds "I hurt people."

Fargor's pirate career took place just under 100 years ago; a History check might be appropriate to figure it out, although it's probably not easy to make (since the reformed right hand of a pirate who was roaming the seas 100 years ago is hardly common knowledge). Probably the only one alive at the time is the dwarf...

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-05, 07:00 PM
"My strength comes from my faith, the pure healing power of Marthammor Duin."

Baelic gives a bit of dark grin. "Of course... since leaving my temple, I have learned how to use my hammer to crush much more than stones..."

"Say... are we close to our destination?"

Tashio
2015-07-05, 09:00 PM
Introductions done, everyone prepares to set off. The evening is spent gathering your supplies and getting in one last nights sleep in a comfortable bed. After a hearty breakfast in the tavern the party gathers on the road heading out of town. Based on the map it's approximately 3-4 days travelling time depending on how quickly you travel.

The first days travel is rather uneventful following the main pathways heading towards the old city. An uninterrupted evening follows. The following days travels takes you from the main trail heading deeper into the woods. The signs of game and other animals fluctuate throughout the day, as evening approaches you enter a large grove of trees.

Large spider webs cover the trees in the area, and spread all about the tree tops. With a deadly silence you find yourselves surrounded by a four rather large spiders, venom drips from their fangs.

Fargor notices the one drop down from above. The rest are taken by surprise.

Reminder we're using group initiative to try keep things flowing quickly.
Spiders: [roll0]
Dinner: [roll1]

Surprise round:
Spider 1 Web at Fargor: [roll2]
Spider 2 Web at Baelic: [roll3]
Spider 3 Web at Nyx: [roll4]
Spider 4 Web at Zerus: [roll5]

Web: DC12 Str check to break, or 5 damage against AC 10.

Fargor you get to act but you are webbed. Others all missed.

2015-07-05, 09:10 PM
Even as the spiders carry out their ambush, and webs fly towards them, Fargor is already in motion: as his companions manage to dodge the incoming webs, Fargor draws his weapon and slices through the webbing before it can even begin to impede him.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-05, 09:14 PM
Dodging out of the way of the vile creatures webbing, Baelic appraised the situation. Seeing one of his companions already ensnared, Baelic focused deeply and called upon Marthammor Duin to give added protection to the closest three members of his party.

Cast Bless, targeting Fargor, Zerus and Nyx, granting an additional +1d4 to any attack or saves for one minute or until concentration is broken.

Tashio
2015-07-05, 09:31 PM
The spiders finish dropping to the ground and advance on their targets. They attempt to sink their fangs into the nearest person.

Spider 1 Bite at Fargor: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Spider 2 Bite at Baelic: [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Spider 3 Bite at Nyx: [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Spider 4 Bite at Zerus: [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Anyone hit needs to make a DC 12 con saving throw against poison or take an additional 2d8. You can roll save and damage at same time as you post your turn.

You are currently in the middle of the grove with the spiders on the outside of you. All within about 10 feet of each other.

2015-07-05, 09:39 PM
As he ducks under a set of arachnid fangs, Fargor feels the effects of his ally's spell fill his body. His smile grows as he notices an opportunity at a spider's underbelly, he draws his offhand blade and tries to drive both into the enemy arachnid.

Assuming Fargor can attack a spider that's already next to another PC, he's going to attack and bonus action attack that target. If either one hits, he gets SA damage as well. Sucks that he couldn't surprise the spiders, but oh well...

Attack (Shortsword +1): 1d20+1d4+9 [roll0]+[roll1]
Damage (Shortsword +1): [roll2]
Attack (Offhand Shortsword): 1d20+1d4+8 [roll3]+[roll4]
Damage (Shortsword): [roll5]
SA damage (if either attack hits): [roll6]

I'll count up the damage once I see how I did...

EDIT: Assuming I got Sneak Attack (which I think I should, give that our group is standing together and we're surrounded, so there's almost certainly an ally next to a spider within reach), the spider I attacked took 24 damage.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-05, 09:55 PM
Nyx ducks the spider's web at the last second and deflects the incoming attack with her shield.

"Should have chosen an easier meal, eight-legs!"

The gnomes then executes a dexterous maneuver to get to the creature's flank (do spiders even have flanks?). She smiles, revealing an ebony wand pulsing with blueish energy in her hand. She activates the magic item and a bolt of lightning erupts from the wand's tip, striking at both this spider and her kin some feet away.

Move to the side of the spider and draw the Wand of Lightning Bolt
Action: Use 1 charge to cast it at Level 3, directed at the spider who attacked me and another one directly in line (who's currently attacking a PC of your choice). DC 15 Dex; 8d6 lightning dmg or half.

Zergrinch
2015-07-05, 10:38 PM
The Earth genasi rolls his eyes at the spider's clumsy attack - in truth, the paladin has little to fear from the creature's venom; his unremitting quest for justice has rendered him immune to all disease.

Zerus unsheathes his silvered longsword, and slashes at the spider that tried to bite into him.

Longsword Multi-Attack:
Attack 1: To hit [roll0]. On hit [roll1]. On crit [roll2].
Attack 2: To hit [roll3]. On hit [roll4]. On crit [roll5].

Tashio
2015-07-06, 07:37 AM
Fargor strikes quickly at the one spider, the first blow causing the spider to rear up, the second sliding into the spiders delicate underbelly. It collapses to the ground.

Zerus steps forward slashing at the second spider inflicting some large wounds, as Nyx's lightning bolt blasts through the two spiders at the rear, causing the one spider to go into spasms but remain on it's feet, barely. The bolt strikes the trees in the way causing some serious damage to them before grounding out. Another hit may set them alight.

Spider 1 = Dead.
Spider 2 = Wounded.
Spider 3 = Wounded.
Spider 4 = Seriously Wounded.

Irish Musician
2015-07-06, 12:41 PM

Kennis sees the spiders drop, luckily all the webbing flies around her and misses her. Before she knows it, the spiders are biting at her new friends but a smile seems to come onto her face, "Time to squish some bugs...." Her hands glow with a purple light and two beams shoot out to the spiders nearest her. The quarterstaff glows for a second with a green light, and Kennis readies it for combat.

Bonus - Shillelagh, Use Cha to attack, 1d8 dmg, magical weapon
Action
#3 - [roll0], [roll1] and it gets pushed to G10
#4 - [roll2], [roll3] and it gets pushed to H12
Move - If #4 gets pushed, I will move to O6

Tashio
2015-07-06, 02:28 PM
The two spiders go flying through the air slumping to the ground.

The spider next to Fargor bites at him.

Behind Kennis and Nyx two spiders phase into existance. A third behind Zerus.

Spider 2 attacks Fargor.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

PSpider 1 attacks Nyx.
Attack: [roll2]
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

PSpider 2 attacks Kennis.
Attack: [roll5]
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

PSpider 3 attacks Zerus.
Attack: [roll8]
Attack: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

Spider Poison: DC11 2d8 Save for Half
PSpider Poison: DC11 4d8 Save for Half

2015-07-06, 02:36 PM
"More damned spiders... Fargor thought as he sliced through the spiders flanking Zerus, before turning to face the new arrivals...

Attack on Spider 2: +[roll1]+9=22
Damage on Spider 2: [roll]1d6+? (if crit, +[roll2])
Attack on Spider 3 (with SA): [roll3]+[roll4]+8=17
Damage on Spider 3 (with SA): [roll5] (if crit, add [roll6])

I'll total the damage to each spider once I see how it went...

EDIT: Okay, so that a 22 against Spider 2 for 8 damage, and a 17 against Spider 3 for 10 damage.

Tashio
2015-07-06, 02:54 PM
Fargor stabs at the first spider injuring it badly, before spinning on the new spider.

Spider 2 = Seriously injured.
PSpider 3 = Injured.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-06, 02:57 PM
Nyx - HP 49, AC 19

Nyx yells partly in surprise, partly in pain as the new creature's fangs find a weak spot in her armor. Furious, the gnome puts her wand away and simply extends her arm, palm open towards the spider. As she starts casting a Thunderwave spell, Nyx surprisingly relaxes, her mind filled with clarity.

"BEGONE!"

Fate twists around the creature. And it is incapable of resistance as a thunderous wave of magical energy comes crashing into it. Nyx takes the opportunity to reposition herself.

Casting Thunderwave in a level 2 slot in the direction of the PS1. DC 15 Con. However, I use my Portent ability to make it fail its save (its roll becomes a 3). It takes full damage and is pushed 10 feet away.
Damage: [roll0]

Move to L10

Save vs Poison [roll1]+[roll2]

Irish Musician
2015-07-06, 03:03 PM

60/69 HP

Kennis' beams knock back the spiders, throwing them upside down as their legs curl up. She backs up away from the action to see the whole field, when a spider appears out of nowhere. She is able to get out of the way of one bite, but it lunges at her again and she isn't ready for it. The hit strikes her, but luckily her patron's powers protect her and the bite glances to the side. "Bastards come out of no where! Keep a watch on your backs!"

Turn
Action - Eldritch Blast on PS2, both beams
[roll0], [roll1], it gets knocked back 10 feet to R6
[roll2], [roll3], if already knocked back it goes to T6, if not then it goes to R6

Move - If the Spider gets Knocked back, I'll move to J12

Dex Save - [roll4] for poison.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-06, 03:23 PM
Baelic Torq - AC: 19, HP: 76

Seeing the foul spiders on the run, Baelic eyes one on the far edge of the conflict and runs towards it, heaving his war hammer with the might of the righteous.

"Your foul venom will not taint our group today, fiends!"

Move to F1, Attack spider [roll0]], if hit does [roll1] damage.

With Critical Hit, adding an additional 6 damage, totaling 12 for the turn.

Tashio
2015-07-06, 03:48 PM
The thunderwave crashes into the spider sending it head over heels backwards, as it lands Baelics hammer crashes into it's body almost crushing it.

The two bolts crash into the second spider attacking Kennis, sliding it backwards along the ground, it releases a web into the nearby tree's bringing itself to a halt before slamming into a tree.

Spider 3 = Seriously Injured
PSpider 1 = Seriously Injured
PSpider 2 = Injured
PSpider 3 = Injured

Zergrinch
2015-07-06, 07:57 PM
With a practiced flourish, Zerus twirls his longsword before implanting it deep inside the heavily-injured non-phasing spider.

A worry crept into his head as he hacks away - spiders don't phase - why are these particular spiders phasing?

Longsword Attack vs Spider 3 (non-phasing):
1 - To hit: [roll0] + [roll1]. Hit: [roll2]. Crit: [roll3].
2 - To hit: [roll4] + [roll5]. Hit: [roll6]. Crit: [roll7].

Note: If attack 1 kills spider 3, direct second attack to phasing spider 2.

Knowledge Check on phasing spiders - Intelligence (Arcana/Nature) - [roll8].

Zerus Galanodel (Earth Genasi Vengeance Paladin 7)
HP: 75/75 | THP: 0 | AC: 22 | HD: 7d10 / 7
MP: 4/2/-/-/- | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 3/4 | Lay on Hands: 35/35 | Pass w/o Trace: 1/1
Javelin of Lightning: 1/1 | Hand Crossbow Bolts: 60/60 | Healers Kit: 20/20

Tashio
2015-07-06, 08:06 PM
Zerus's first blow fells the spider and he turns to strike the one behind him.

The spider retaliates attempting to bite him before vanishing. The one Kennis had sent tumbling simply vanishes from sight. The remaining one takes a bite at Baelic before if fades away.

Commonly known as Phase Spiders, they are large giant spiders with the ability to phase in and out of the material plane almost at will.

PSpider 1 attacks Baelic: [roll0]
Poison: [roll2]
PSpider 1 Vanishes

PSpider 2 Vanishes

PSpider 3 attacks Zerus: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Poison: [roll5]
PSpider 3 Vanishes

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-06, 08:13 PM
Nyx - HP 56, AC 19

Nyx looks around for any sign of a phase spider. Her Wand of the War Wizard in hand, she readies a spell in case any of them returns; this time, she'll be prepared...

Action: Ready a Ray of Frost; Trigger is any Phase Spider appearing in range.
Attack: [roll0]+[roll1] (unless Baelic loses concentration on Bless)
Damage: [roll2] cold, - 10ft. speed

Zergrinch
2015-07-06, 08:58 PM
Zerus relaxes a bit, but again extends his divine sense to detect the presence of anything evil in the area. Spiders don't just attack prey as hardened as the party, unless directed...

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-06, 09:03 PM
Upon the sudden disappearance of the odd large beasts, Baelic takes a look around the group. "Is anyone hurt?"

Baelic Torq (Human Life Domain Cleric 7)
HP: 76/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7
MP: 3/3/3/1/- | Channel Divinity: 2/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 |
Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30 |

2015-07-06, 09:42 PM
Fargor Xiloscient (Wood Elf Assassin Rogue 4/Shadow Monk 3)
HP 62/62 || THP 0/0 || AC 21 || HD 7d8/7
Ki 4/4 || Daggers 10/10
Potion (Greater Healing) 3/3 || Potion (Healing) 5/5 || Potion (Waterbreathing) 1/1 || Potion (Climbing) 4/4 || Potion (Invulnerability) 1/1
Fargor cast a wary eye around as he called out "No injuries to report. Unless they reappear, I say we press on."

Irish Musician
2015-07-06, 11:52 PM

Kennis, seeing that the other spiders phased out and seemed to have left, went to join the others. She touches her shoulder, a bit of blood coming from it, and dampening her shirt. "A little worse than a scratch, but nothing to be worried about. I'll live," Kennis ends with a wink and a smile and plays it off as just a small scratch. Truth be told it doesn't really hurt her much, her protective powers helped her miss most of the blows, but one still got through. "And I agree. Lets get the nine hells out of here before they reappear. I'm sure they aren't the only thing we are going to run into. So keep your eyes open."

Tashio
2015-07-07, 09:44 AM
With the spiders gone, an unnatural silence descends over the grove. Patches of the webs spun between the tree's quiver in response to distance movement. You keep an eye out preparing in case they return. A minute passes without incident.

Zergrinch
2015-07-07, 09:51 AM
"Let's go!" the Paladin calls out, as he mounts Avenger and heads off.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-07, 10:36 AM
Baelic Torq, Dwarven Cleric

As the party begins to head out of the recent battle, Baelic is in good spirits.

"Another fortunate day with the blessings of Marthammor! Let us all rejoice in a hymn.

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light I see...

No, I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand
Stand by me...

So Marthammor, Marthammor
Stand by me! Oh, Marthammor stand
Stand by me...

Come on Nyx, I know you know the holy words!"

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-07, 11:27 AM
Nyx

"Shame. I'm sure the venom from one of those phasing spider-things would add a real kick to one of my concoctions."

As the group resumes their march, Nyx has to plug her ears as Baelic is doing it again...chanting.

"Are those really the kind of life skills they teach you in Marthammor's temples? I'm happy to stick with Dugmaren. And my craft is all I need to show my devotion to Him, thank you very much."

The wizard curses the day she declined to buy a scroll of Silence...

2015-07-07, 01:05 PM
Fargor's grin widens as a thought strikes him; he begins softly reciting a limerick.

There was a young lady named Hilda,
Who went on a date with a builder.
He asked if if he could,
She said that he should,
so he did, and that thing damn near killed her!

Tashio
2015-07-07, 04:01 PM
Confident the spiders are not returning you gather yourselves and move away from the grove. You travel a few miles away from the grove before it begins to darken as night approaches.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-07, 08:29 PM

Baelic looked at the sky to the setting sun.

"It looks like night is approaching. We should stop for the night and begin to set up camp. That way we can possibly reach our destination tomorrow and begin our quest."

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-07, 10:42 PM
Nyx

Nyx lets her comrades choose the right spot for an encampment. When they finally settle down, the wizard wards a 400 square feet area with an Alarm spell set to alert the group if any creature touches or enters said area (it does by producing the sound of a hand bell for 10 seconds within 60 feet.

"We're good for 8 hours. Now I really need my beauty sleep."

And just like that, the gnome falls deep in slumber. Snoring.

Action: Casting Alarm as a ritual

2015-07-08, 02:00 AM
As his companions nod off to sleep, Fargor sinks into a meditation pose. As he opens his senses to their surroundings, he weaves some ki into his companions and himself to make them harder to detect in the night...

Fargor spends 2 ki points "casting" Pass Without Trace; for the next hour, even your snores are stealthy...for whatever that's worth.

If Fargor detects anything coming, he'll try to sneak up on whatever it is and assassinate it before it can disturb his companions.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-08, 03:52 AM

As Nyx casts her Alarm spell in the center of camp, Baelic also murmors prayers of enchantment, summoning the forces of Marthammor to protect his fellow travelers during their rest. A powerful spirit of Marthammor would be protecting them this night as reward for their victory earlier today. Baelic attuned everyone in the party to the being's senses, protecting them from its ire.

Turning to more mundane matters, Baelic gets a fire going and heats up some rations for himself and the party to eat. "Though we may be in the woods, Marthammor would not wish us to be like savages, would he?" Badlic smiled at his own joke. "Now, I'm not ranger or a cook for that matter, but this should help put some food in our bellies."

Cast Guardian of the Faithful, which creates a being of light that hovers in the center of camp, causing any non-party members to pass a Dexterity Save DC 15 or take 20 Radiant Damage, made Saves take half damage. Guardian will disappear once it has dealt 60 damage, 8 hours passes or it is dismissed.

Survival Check to get Fire going and make dinner - [roll0]

Zergrinch
2015-07-08, 04:02 AM
Zerus tucks into his rations, and prepares to take the third watch. The former soldier is not at all unused to life on the road. Still, considering the spider attack, the paladin deems it prudent to keep Avenger close, and his longsword even closer.

Irish Musician
2015-07-08, 11:07 AM
Kennis sits and eats dinner with the others, watching them cast their warding spells over the camp as they start to eat and get ready for bed. It's nice to have a party full of people who can watch my back while I sleep. She looks around at the part and makes herself a little bed near the fire. "Well, time to get my beauty rest....until the morning...." Kennis goes to bed, watching the weird, glowing dwarven maiden watch over them.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-08, 01:06 PM
Seeing everyone but Fargor drift off to sleep and, comfortable with the protections placed around the camp, Baelic curls up and rests himself as well.

...Baelic opens his eyes upon hearing the loud snoring by Nyx. He mutters an incantation, let's it fly at the gnome, then rolls back over.

Baelic casts Silence

Tashio
2015-07-09, 11:02 AM
Dawn breaks without any interruption of your rest. You have your morning meal and then continue your travels heading deeper into the forest and closer to the city.

Nearing the location marked on the map you notice the absence of much of the wildlife you have seen while travelling the forest. The odd bird still chirps in the background but it is almost completely quiet beyond your movement.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-09, 11:12 AM
Baelic Torq, Hill Dwarf Life Cleric

The eerie silence of the forest raises the eye of Baelic. "An oddly quiet hush has descended on the forest." Baelic furrows his brow. "A dangerous omen, Marthammor himself must be silencing the creatures to warn us of possible danger.

Baelic begins to look around carefully in the area, for any sign of threat.

Perception Check [roll0]

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-09, 12:00 PM
Nyx

Nyx is busy studying the map and trying to recognize landmarks in the vicinity.

"Once our destination is in sight, I'll be able to use my Clairvoyance to inspect the grove from afar. I don't know the specifics of the illusion that wards that place, so we'll probably need to nullify it before I can cast my own spell."

OOC: Arcana check to dertermine if my Clairvoyance sensor would be affected by a powerful illusion spell meant to keep people away (things like Maze) [roll0]

Tashio
2015-07-09, 01:37 PM
You don't sense anything.

Given your knowledge of the spell to break the illusion, you don't know enough about the target to break through with Clairvoyance.

Irish Musician
2015-07-09, 01:40 PM
Kennis rises with the rest of the group, eating some breakfast, she heats up some water and takes out a teach pouch of her bag. She sips on her tea as she waits for the rest to get ready. When they are about to move out, she looks over her clothes and uses her magics to clean up any dirty spots.

As they travel along, the path gets quieter and quieter as they get closer to their destination. Kennis is hard to scare and does not get frightened easily. But this quite just bugged her, and it got annoying real quick. A clear look of annoyance comes onto her face as she walks with the group, "I hate silence. It is irritating." With a wave of her hand, musical notes start to play around the group. It is a nice, calming tune and seems to follow Kennis. She looks at the cleric, "If danger is coming, then it will know of us before we know of it. If I am going to get attacked, it might as well be to the tune of a good song." She gives him a warm smile and a wink.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-09, 05:08 PM

Despite Kennis' upbeat music, Baelic was still on edge about the eerie silence as he looked around the party.

"Zerus, are we close to our destination on the map? Is it time for Nyx to use the scroll?" Baelic cautiously flitted his eyes around the area. "Something tells me this may be as far as we can go without it."

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-09, 06:10 PM
Nyx

The gnome tries to ignore the music (even though she finds it far less irritating than Baelic's signing) to focus on the indications on Eladar's map.

"I believe we should wait. The best I can work out is the spell probably affects an area of... maybe 300 feet? We can wait until we're certain we found the right place. Anyway, the book should be in a building like a tower, or a crypt or something, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out."

Nyx sighs very heavily.

"I guess we know now why Eladar didn't come himself. He doesn't seem like the most rigorous person.

Hey you, priest types! Do your gods gift you with some divination abilities? Can you ask the Powers That Be where we should stop walking before falling into a trap?"

Zergrinch
2015-07-09, 07:44 PM
With a wry smile, Zerus extend his divine senses to detect the presence of any evils lurking about.

Of course, he is somewhat amused at the jumpy attitudes displayed by these so-called seasoned adventurers who let an apparent lack of wildlife scare them.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-09, 07:52 PM

"'Priest types?'" Baelic's face was aghast.

"Priest types?! I am Baelic Torq, a servant of the great Marthammor, Son of Moradin,Finder of Trails, Watcher of Wanderers, The Watchful Eye! As a loyal volamtar, command the power of the mighty dwarven gods, those who dwell under the mountain and those who roam the topside. The power of my god will not be tested!"

"...also, no. I do not have any means of divining the source of this deceptive illusion."

Tashio
2015-07-09, 07:55 PM
While there is no direct evil present, there is an almost background presence.

Zergrinch
2015-07-09, 07:57 PM
Zerus relays his findings to the group, urging them to soldier on. Unless they are afraid, of course.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-09, 08:14 PM
Nyx

Nyx's face is blank and expressionless as Baelic monologues.

"...ok."

The gnome then summons her familiar to her.

"Porter, I need you to scout ahead."

The weasel darts forward, altering Nyx telepathically if anything dangerous comes up on the road. Nyx remains within 100 feet of her familiar and stops from time to time to magically see through its eyes and hear with its ears.

[roll0] [roll1]
Advantage because of Keen Senses

2015-07-09, 09:03 PM
"I shall scout ahead as well." without waiting for a response, Fargor stalks off into the forest, practically blending into his surroundings as he goes.

Fargor spends 2 ki points "casting" Pass Without Trace. Currently, his Stealth bonus is +21, he magically leaves no tracks or signs of his passing, his movement rate is 90ft/round, his Passive Perception is 20, and he can hide while lightly obscured.

Irish Musician
2015-07-10, 10:20 AM

As they boys went to go scout ahead, Kennis kneels down on the ground, takes a book out from her bag, and opens it. She hovers her hand over it and starts to chant as her scar starts to glow. It takes her a moment, but she finally gets done, scar stops glowing, and she closes her book and puts it away. When she looks up, you see her eyes start to glow just a little bit of a brighter red. "I don't know about these god-followers, but my magics let me see the arcane pretty easily. I'll keep it going for a while, hopefully I can spot any magical traps ahead of us." She walks up behind Nyx, "How the bloody hells are we supposed to find one damn book on this thing? Where do you suppose it is?" Kennis looks at the map, trying her best to discern where this tome might be held.

Cast Detect Magic as a ritual, lasts 10 mins

Investigation [roll0] and insight [roll1], to figure out where the book might be

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-10, 02:03 PM
Nyx

The gnome nods in agreement with Kennis.

"Right? It's like that Eladar guy thought we would just stumble upon the journal of an archmage in the middle of a garden! We don't even have a name for this elf; it's not like we could have researched the subject further in town without some basic info. This is a mess."

OOC: [roll0], for the same reason as Irish Musician.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-10, 02:14 PM

Nyx - let me assist you in your search.

attempt to Aid Nyx, if allowed, provides advantage on her roll

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-10, 02:21 PM
OOC: I don't know how aiding another on reading a map would work exactly, but just in case:
[roll0]

Tashio
2015-07-11, 07:51 AM
As you move closer the brushes grow denser, slowing your movement. Thorns scratch at you with every movement. The pathways twist and turn, and you find yourselves backtracking at times but you seem to be progressing.

You put your heads together to try come up with an answer for the mystery of the book. There does not seem to be any logical place for a book to be lying about in the forest but perhaps there is a building or something hidden behind the illusion.

Porter moves ahead moving through the bushes, he guides you around and through some of the heaviest brush.

You enter the brushes, they slow your movement as if they are actively attempting to slow you. You move ahead of the group. You hear rustles of leaves and bushes as if something is moving within the maze of bushes.

You pause in a small grove that's wider than the other paths. You prepare your spell. Beyond the magical items you carry nothing else comes into your sight.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-11, 03:23 PM
Baelic Torq, Hill Dwarf Life Domain Cleric

Feeling the oppressive feel of the pressing vines and branches, Baelic decides to stop for a few minutes and lean again one of the nearby trees.

2015-07-11, 03:39 PM
Fargor continues forward, slower than before but still quickly, while attempting to hide his presence. He kept an ear out for his companions, know how unstealthy they can be.

Speed per round is 45 ft while sneaking (with Action movement and bonus action Dash), with a Stealth check of [roll0].

Perception check (to know the general direction of both his allies and the noise in the bushes) is [roll1].

Zergrinch
2015-07-11, 06:53 PM
Zerus, the Earth Genasi Paladin of Vengeance, and a former elf, is not afraid of the forest. Why should he be, when the forests were his home?

Naturally, he is more than a little amused that his erstwhile allies are being so very afraid of a few brambles and bushes. Thus, he spurs Avenger forward and takes point.

Well... These are real plants right? The Paladin experimentally hacks at the growth to ascertain for himself.

Nature check: [roll0]

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-11, 07:01 PM
Nyx

"Perhaps we are closer to our goal than I initially thought. Kennis, do you think you would be able to detect the illusion before we walk into it? After all, spells exist to cover up magical auras... Maybe I should just cast from the scroll now?"

Tashio
2015-07-11, 07:17 PM
The plants seem to be natural though some species which normally would not have thorns seem to have them. As you move they seem to be attempting to slow you down.

You are a fair distance ahead of the ground.

Irish Musician
2015-07-12, 01:53 PM
As Kennis walks with the others, and they are getting closer to their goal, she waves her hand in the air and the music ceases. Nyx asks her about the illusion and she lets out a little chuckle, "Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to find it, Brewmistress. Powerful though I may be, this magic is beyond me. Does the map show where the illusion starts?"

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-12, 02:12 PM
Nyx

The gnome shakes her head.

"Screw this!"

Nyx's eyes glow with eldritch light and she takes flight to better be able to assess the situation. She flies above the treeline, hoping to notice anything of note in the distance, like something omniously sticking out from the forest, or simply a larger clearing in the trees. As she ascends, she draws her Wand of Lightning bolt, just in case.

Cast Fly on myself. 2/3 3rd level slots left.

Tashio
2015-07-12, 02:36 PM
A fog begins to cover the area as you move obscuring your path.

Fargor is approximately 50 feet ahead of the group by direct line, but about 100 feet of travel ahead.

Tashio
2015-07-12, 03:01 PM
Nyx lifts up above the ground, tree's spread out above the fog, which extends far about you covering large portions of the wandering mass of trees. To the south east the fog seems denser.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-12, 03:06 PM
Nyx

Nyx soon comes back down to relay the information to her companions. She levitates a a feet or two above the ground if it's any help against the vines that are slowing her.

"I doubt this fog is a natural phenomenon. If I had to guess, I'd say the denser area of fog in the distance covers the illusion and the grove."

For Tashio:
Arcana check to verify that the fog is unnatural and spreading/persisting like a magical fog: [roll0]

What distance are we (approx.) from the point at which the fog becomes denser?

Tashio
2015-07-12, 03:23 PM
The thicker fog is about 200 feet from your current location.

2015-07-12, 03:27 PM
Fargor continues running down the path, while maintaining his stealthy approach. He also tries once more to keep track of his allies by ear.

Perception: [roll0]

For now, I'm assuming I can continue using my previous stealth check. If you think I should reroll for whatever reason, let me know and I'll roll again.

Tashio
2015-07-12, 04:35 PM
You move further forward and back as the pathway continues. The rustling of the brush seems to have come to a halt, and a eerie silence descends. Looking around nothing seems to be about.

2015-07-12, 04:53 PM
Fargor stops as the eerie silence surrounds him. A thought occurs to him, and scratches his ear.

Under normal circumstances, this should be something Fargor can hear, but isn't audible to others. Unless he's in a Silence spell, or course...

Tashio
2015-07-13, 11:24 AM
Fargor is busy scratching his nose when a huge wall of brambles springs into existence about him. Thorns scratching and digging into his skin.

You are shoved 5 feet back and out of the brambled wall as it appears about you.
DC 15 Dex Save 4d8 half on success.

Initiative: Players
[roll0]

Initiative: Enemy
[roll1]

2015-07-13, 11:54 AM
Amazed and slightly unnerved that anything managed to locate him when he moved stealthily, Fargor practiced the better part of valor and retreated to where the rest of the party was; anything skilled enough to spot him was likely to be a far greater threat than he had any chance of defeating on his own.

Dex Save: [roll0]

Action: Withdraw
Bonus Action: Dash

Together, these should let me move 90 ft (or whatever the equivalent is) back down the path where I came from, back towards the party. Anything that can make a DC 41 Perception check is not something I want to be messing with, especially on my own.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-13, 01:25 PM

Baelic, upon seeing Fargor running up the path, immediately springs into action, summoning the powers of his faith to Attack the encroaching bramble.

"Clear the path for the righteous travelers, unnatural growth!"

Casts Spiritual Weapon (2nd Level) - uses Bonus Action to summon a glowing weapon that travels 60 feet and Attacks, [roll0] vs AC, doing [roll1] damage if it hits.

Cast Sacred Flame (cantrip) - target must make Dex Save DC 15 or take radiant damage of [roll2].

Moves towards enemy 25 feet.

HP: 76/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/2/3/1/- | Channel Divinity: 2/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Zergrinch
2015-07-13, 08:14 PM
Zerus' eyebrows shot up a few millimeters as the cleric attacks a plant. Sure enough, it has thorns, but the Paladin grows more concerned for the sanity of his erstwhile allies...

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-13, 09:26 PM
Baelic, slightly embarrassed at the scorched stump in front of him being less harmful than a kitten, blushes a light hue of pink.

Zergrinch
2015-07-13, 09:53 PM
Shaking his head, the paladin slashes at the blackened remnants of the bramble assaulted by the xylophobic dwarf, in order to clear a path.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-13, 11:41 PM
Nyx

Watching her dwarven ally fight furiously against plants, Nyx extends her senses through the weasel again.

Perception [roll0]
Advantage on Perception (Keen senses) [roll1]

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-14, 05:43 AM
Seeking to overcome his past blunder, Baelic closes his eyes and begins an incantation to enhance Nyx's search.

Cast Guidance (cantrip) - Gives [roll0] bonus to an nearby ally's skill check

Irish Musician
2015-07-15, 09:29 AM
Kennis sees the cleric start to wail on some shrubbery and just stares at him with a curious look. Once he realizes what he's done she gives him a knowing look and just giggles to herself. Though hearing an ouch from her new elven friend makes her feel the need to check on him. Don't want to lose their scout already.

A voice enters Fargor's mind, "Everything alright up there? The cleric is attacking the shrubs, should we as well?" The very distinct voice of Kennis runs through his mind, sarcasm and all.

2015-07-15, 01:32 PM
A response comes in the form of a whisper carried on the currents of magic you've wrought. "Well, I've been attacked by a shrub. Retreating for now, because that's ****in' weird, and I've no idea how tough this thing is to fight. Heading your way."

Tashio
2015-07-16, 07:48 AM
Amongst much yelling swinging of blades and casting of spells the party regroups with much confusion.

Silence descends once more, even the background chirping has come to a halt. The fog continues to billow about an acrid smell permeating it.

Okay, combat rounds are still continuing. Movement speed is currently halved.

Zergrinch
2015-07-17, 02:37 AM
"Foul villain! Reveal yourself!" the paladin challenges. Again, he utilizes his divine senses to home in on any particularly evil thing.

Irish Musician
2015-07-17, 09:04 AM
Kennis, after a few moment of confusion and laughing at everyone who has been attacking random plants, continues with the others. Though all of this magic is starting to get on her nerves. "Of all the crap that we have to deal with, this illusory magic is getting on my nerves. Are we in the illusion yet, can we cast the damn scroll and get this stupid book yet?" Kennis is getting perterbed at all this maze walking and shrub attacking....this was not what she had in mind.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-17, 10:32 AM

Baelic, still quite wary of the nefarious bush evil, braces himself for a full offensive. No shrub, magical or otherwise, would get the best of him! His nearby summoned spiritual weapon hovers near him, humming ominously.

Baelic readies to send his Spiritual Weapon to Attack any enemy that becomes visible within 60 feet, hitting at [roll0] vs. DC and, if hitting, doing [roll1] damage.

HP: 76/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/2/3/1/- | Channel Divinity: 2/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-17, 11:37 AM
Nyx - AC 19, 58 HP

Porter jumps into Nyx's arms when Fargor rejoins the group. The Brewmistress pets him, then sends him away to a safe extradimensional pocket with the wave of a hand.

"We have no idea if that shrub thing is even a monster; it might just be a defensive system, one in addition to, or right before the illusion. We would be better advancing slowly, with our weapons and spells ready, until we reach the place where the fog gets denser."

OOC: Going to do an [roll0] on the nearby plants, as well as the fog to determine if anything is an illusion at this point.
Also rolling [roll1] to know if the plants are affected by a permanent spell or if it's a recent casting.

Tashio
2015-07-17, 05:00 PM
Baelic readies his hammer looking out for anything that might approach. There is a loud woosh and the sound of air being displaced.

Zerus senses something large coming from the south, at a rather rapid pace.

Nyx examines the plants.
The plants are real.
The effect of the changed plants seems to be permanent.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-17, 05:29 PM

Sensing danger, Baelic musters his courage by singing another holy hymn.

"At first I was afraid
I was petrified
Thinking the Watcher of Wanderers wasn't by my side

But then I spent so many nights
Praying all the evening long
And my faith grew strong... and Marthammor would fix all of my wrongs..."

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-18, 01:16 PM
Nyx - AC 19, 58 HP

Nyx flies in the air about 20 feet above the group and readies a casting of Lightning Bolt from her wand.

Zergrinch
2015-07-18, 07:24 PM
The Paladin dismounts from Avenger, moves south to block the enemy's approach, removes a javelin from his quiver, and prepares to throw it at whatever is approaching, once it comes within range.

2015-07-18, 07:31 PM
Fargor takes cover in the underbrush, readying a couple daggers to be tossed from the shadows the moment this enemy comes into view.

Fargor moves to the nearest square that allows him to hide in the underbrush, wherever that would be, and hides.

BTW, how much damage did Fargor take from that blow from before? I need to figure out what his HP total is, and what the DC of his Concentration check would be.

Concentration (to maintain Pass Without Trace):[roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]; if Fargor made his Concentration Check by some miracle, add 10 to that.

Fargor draws two daggers and prepares to throw them at any approaching threat.

Irish Musician
2015-07-19, 08:31 PM

Kennis readies herself. She pulls her magics to the top of her fingers, ready for anything that might come out, wanting to attack them.

Tashio
2015-07-20, 12:36 PM
As Nyx lifts off into the air coming face to face with a large creature recognisable instantly, a thought comes to mind, certain creatures influence the area around where they live. She lets a lightning bolt fly towards it. Baelic's spiritual weapon strikes out at the dragon as it passes over breathing a cloud a poisonous gas. Zargor responds throwing a dagger at the underbelly and Zerus's lets a javelin go.

Players Readied actions trigger as the dragon flies into sight.
Nyx's lightning bolt.
Zerus Javelin
Zargor thrown dagger.
Kennis magic no idea what spell?
Baelic's Spiritual Weapon.

Fargor Brambles damage if was not resolved.
Damage: [roll0]
DC 15 Dex save for 1/2

Dragon Breath:
DC 14 Con Save for 1/2

Map details: Dragon attacks from G20, and flies over ending it's turn at G4.

Combat Notes: Readied actions and dragons attack resolves. New round starts.
Dragon uses lair action.

Players are up. Make 2 posts, 1 resolving readied action and 2nd your action for the new round.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-20, 01:12 PM
Nyx - AC 19, HP 31

"Wait, guys, all this seems familiar somehow. It could be the work of a WAAAAAAH!"

Nyx yells as a dragon flies overhead and viciously ambushes the group. With lightning reflexes, she unleashes her readied spell on the creature just as it breathes the poisonous gas. Nyx clenches her teeth and tries her best not to inhale it, and she endures, as she knows this is not the moment of her death.

"Surprise" round:
Lightning Bolt DC 15 Dex save (save for half dmg); [roll0] lightning damage
I use my Portent ability to replace my Con save roll with a 19.

Next turn:
Lightning Bolt [roll1] lightning damage

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-20, 02:07 PM

As the dragon reveals itself, Baelic's hammer travels through its cloud and strikes at the dragon, striking through at its huge flying form. The burning gas of its breath singed Baelic's lungs, doing massive damage, yet Baelic continues his stirring hymn...

"But now you Attack!
And giving us chase!
I just walked in to find you here and a breath Attack come out your face...

I should have cast a Death Ward
Or Aid on the Party
If I had known for just one second there would be a dragon melee!"

As rolled previously, the spiritual hammer will hit 14 vs. AC and do 5 damage if it makes contact. As seen in the OC thread, my Con roll was 12, so I take full damage.

HP: 22/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/2/3/1/- | Channel Divinity: 2/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-20, 02:12 PM
Nyx - 19 AC, 31 HP

Just realized Tashio wanted us to make 2 posts, one for each round. So here's the second one for me. See my last post for the actual dice rolls.

She quickly regains her composure after the initial assault.

I can't throw an illusion as a distraction or I'll fall. And my flight spell isn't perfected enough; I can't cast it on myself AND another teammate. Everybody on the ground is trapped... Must end this quickly!

Nyx flies up to the same height as the dragon. This time that thing has no chance to escape her full wrath! She lets full power surge through her wand and a terrible blast of lightning strikes at the dragon's heart.

2nd Turn:
Fly up, then a bit to the right (East?) as my movement, so the dragon cannot target Nyx and everyone else at the same time with his breath;
Expend 3 charges of the wand to cast it as a level 5 spell (nothing says I can't use the wand to increase the spell's level beyond what I can cast, unless I'm misreading something)
Normally it would be another DC 15 dex save for half, but I use my Portent ability again to replace his roll with a 4. I assume he takes the full 47 lightning damage (see my last IC post for the actual roll).

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-20, 02:32 PM

Upon, seeing the dragon circling around for another fly by, Baelic steels himself, holding back his hacking as best he can and channeling the confidence of his hymn into divine power.

"So, now go!
Do evil no more!
Just fly away now, you can't hurt us anymore!

Weren't you the one who breathed deadly gas on a fly by?
Did you think we'd crumble... did you think we'd lay down and die?!

With powerful holy authority, Baelic suffuses the party with the guidance of his god, protecting them from harm and opening their bodies to healing. With vicious righteousness, he also mentally guides his spiritual hammer to make another Attack at the vile Wyrm threatening his party.

Baelic casts Beacon of Hope on everyone in the party, giving everyone advantage on Wisdom and Death Saving Throws, while also maximizing the effect of all healing spells for the duration of the spell. This uses Baelic's concentration and lasts for one minute.

Also, Baelic uses his Bonus Action to redirect his Spiritual Hammer to once again Attack the dragon - 1d20+7 vs. the dragon's AC, doing 1d8+4 damage if it hits.

Lastly, Baelic moves 25 feet to the west after casting his spell to provide some distance between the party.

HP: 22/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/2/2/1/- | Channel Divinity: 2/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Irish Musician
2015-07-20, 03:25 PM

Kennis' instincts were correct in thinking that something was about to attack them. However, what actaully attacked them was not something she fully expected....a damned dragon. "Oh of all the.....", but her cursing was drowned out by her firing of her magics and then the loud sound of the dragon breathing its poison onto the party.

EB "surprise round" [roll0], [roll1] force dmg

also going to roll my save here, so I can fluff it in my next post [roll2]

Irish Musician
2015-07-20, 04:04 PM

15/69 HP
As the dragon's breath hit her, Kennis is reeling in pain. She coughs up blood and she bends over and clutches at her stomach...getting the full force of the dragon's poison. Then, suddenly, she is standing back straight up and her eyes look as though the are, quite literally, on fire. Her hands develop the same glow and she yells out in a strange language.
"Dragon, you have just ****ed with the wrong woman. I will burn you from the inside, and then I will unmake you. I will be as though you ever existed you. You are nothing but a pitiful, bastard WORM that will feel the vengeance of my powers. Woe unto you that has crossed my ****ing path.....your pain here shall ring through eternity."

Kennis' words seem to carry more than just her voice. An arcane spell is weaved in them and it seems to descend on the dragon. Her hands and eyes still burning, she points one finger at the dragon. A small, fiery ball appears at the tip of her finger, and then it shoots out from it. You seem to lose it in the distance, until a large ball of fire explodes on the dragon's side, melting scales and creating an intense pain that burns to the dragon's core. Kennis smiles as her fireball burns the dragon, this is definitely a side of Kennis you do not want to meet. Her eyes and hands still looking as though they are burning.

Turn
Bonus - Hex on the Dragon, and he/she has disadvantage on Dex Saves(That for everyone), for up to 8 hours. do an extra 1d6 necrotic dmg
Action - Fireball level 4, [roll0] fire or half if he/she saves on a Dex throw, which it will have disadvantage on, and Hex [roll1] necrotic
Move - Haven't looked at the map fully, I'll fill this in later. Have to leave work now.

2015-07-20, 07:06 PM
HP 25/62 || THP 0/0 || AC 21 || HD 7d8/7
Ki 4/4 || Daggers 10/10
Potion (Greater Healing) 3/3 || Potion (Healing) 5/5 || Potion (Waterbreathing) 1/1 || Potion (Climbing) 4/4 || Potion (Invulnerability) 1/1

Seeing the great beast appear from out of the forest green, he swallows the spike of fear that shot through him and tosses his daggers with as much precision as he can muster. Hopefully, the beast lost track of him enough for Fargor to have a clean shot at its vitals...

Dex save for Brambles damage: successful (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19527714&postcount=192). Total damage: 10.

Concentration Check to maintain Pass Without Trace: successful (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19550951&postcount=131).

Stealth Check to hide in the underbrush: 39 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19550951&postcount=131).

Constitution Save vs Breath Weapon: [roll0]. Total damage: 26

Fargor threw both daggers at the dragon from hiding, so he should get sneak attack this round.

Main Dagger Attack: [roll1]
Main Dagger Damage: [roll2] (+[roll3] if crit)
Off-Hand Dagger Attack: [roll4]
Off-Hand Dagger Damage: [roll5] (+[roll6] if crit)
Sneak Attack (if applicable): [roll7] (+[roll8] if crit)

Total Damage to Dragon: 11 (unless the dragon is Ancient)

2015-07-20, 07:31 PM
HP 25/62 || THP 0/0 || AC 21 || HD 7d8/7
Ki 4/4 || Daggers 10/10

Giving a nervous chuckle as he feels his body fighting off the dragon's poisonous breath, Fargor draws two more daggers and prepares to throw them, only for the beast to fly right past them. Keeping his weapons in hand, Fargor calls out "I don't suppose anybody has a trick up their sleeve for taking down a dragon?"

Fargor won't be hidden from the dragon anymore, since his ranged attack missed, and may have cost him his SA last round. Since he can't hide from it this round, he's delaying until he either gets an opening (an ally gets into melee with the dragon), or a better plan emerges.

Action: Delay

Zergrinch
2015-07-20, 08:33 PM
The paladin unleashes a javelin against the attacker, and barely manages to dodge the worst of the beast's retaliatory poison breath.

Readied Action: Javelin vs Dragon.
To Hit: [roll0]. Damage on Hit: [roll1]. Damage on Crit: [roll2]

Zergrinch
2015-07-20, 09:03 PM
The paladin strides purposefully towards the dragon, and unsheathing his longsword, tries to parlay. "Lord Dragon," he calls out, "We are merely passing through. Why do you attack us without provocation?"

Zerus makes no attempt to attack the creature, but is prepared to unleash a spell if it does.

Move: to G10.
Attempt Persuasion: [roll0]
Action: Ready COMMAND spell. Trigger: Dragon attempts to attack party.
Specifics: Dragon must make WIS save [roll1] vs DC 14 or follow Zerus' one-word command. Command is to Grovel - the target falls prone and ends its turn.
Zerus Galanodel (Earth Genasi Vengeance Paladin 7)
HP: 48/75 | THP: 0 | AC: 22 | HD: 7d10 / 7
MP: 4/2/-/-/- | Channel Divinity: 1/1 | Divine Sense: 3/4 | Lay on Hands: 35/35 | Pass w/o Trace: 1/1
Javelin of Lightning: 1/1 | Hand Crossbow Bolts: 50(10)/60 | Javelins: 8/9 | Spears: 4/4 | Healers Kit: 10/10

Tashio
2015-07-22, 12:13 PM
The dragon rolls through the lightning bolt clipping him as he flies. A dagger, a javelin, and two bolts of energy strike him in the chest as he flies over having unleashed his breath.

A fireball explodes about the dragon as a lightning bolt cuts through him.

A wall of brambles springs up to the north blocking the way forward towards the dragon as it flies off north at a rapid speed.

Dragon Dex Save vs LBolt: [roll0]

Breath Refresh: [roll1]
Dragon Dex save vs Fireball [roll2]
Dragon Wis save vs Command [roll3]
Dragon uses Dash flies north 160 feet.

You guys are up. Beginning of round 3. Dragon has flown off to the north at a high speed.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-07-22, 01:16 PM
Nyx - AC 19, HP 46

Realizing the dragon would still be out of reach of her lightning bolt even if she followed him, Nyx lands next to her companions.

"Look at it: it's running away with its tail between its legs!"

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-22, 02:24 PM

Baelic, seeing the dragon turning away after the onslaught, only continued his hymn of praise:

"Oh no, not I! I will survive!
As long as I have Marthammor, I know I'll stay alive!
I've got spell slots to give, I've got Inspiration to live
...I will survive... I will survive!"

Hearing Baelic's powerful hymns of praise, the party feels the healing power of Marthammor coursing through their body, healing the effects of the dragon's breath.

Use Action to perform Divine Inspiration: Preserve Life. This allows five times my cleric level in HP to divide amongst the party (5X7=35), which I will split evenly 5 ways (7 HP for everyone).

Then I will use my Bonus Action to cast Mass Healing Word. Combined with Beacon of Hope, this gives the max 4 + my spell casting ability mod + 2 (for Life Domain's class feature, Disciple of Life), giving a total of 8 HP each to everyone in the party.

TL;DR: everyone recover 15 HP and rock to Baelic's musical jam.

HP: 37/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/2/1/1/- | Channel Divinity: 1/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Zergrinch
2015-07-23, 12:16 AM
Zerus watches wordlessly as the dragon flies off into the distance. It will be back, of this he is sure. But for now, the Paladin can only soldier on towards their main objective, which most certainly does not include sparring a green dragon.

Looking at the brambles, the Paladin tests his sword to see if he could cut through without injury to himself.

Take that, you evil bramble!
To-hit: [roll0]
Damage. [roll1]
Critical: [roll2]

Tashio
2015-07-26, 11:52 AM
Baelics words heal and sooth everyone's wounds. Zerus slams his blade into the brambles they give way and fray a bit but remain intact, another bow may cause that section to fall apart enough to move through it.

Zergrinch
2015-07-26, 06:53 PM
The paladin slices at the brambles again, to clear a path for him, his party, and Avenger, who was more than a little spooked by the dragon.

Irish Musician
2015-07-27, 09:12 AM

35/69 HP
Kennis feels the healing powers wash over her and heal some of her wounds. As the dragon flies off, her anger seems to be subsiding and her adrenaline starts to waver. She realizes she is still quite hurt, pulls a healing potion out of her bag, and drinks it. The healing tonic helps get some of the poison out of her system, but the effects of the poison still hang around. The pain is still there.

"Bastard dragon, coming at us. I'll tear his damned skin off and feed it to him....." To say Kennis is mad would be an understatement. It isn't often that she wants out and out revenge on someone or some thing. But this dragon's number is up.

Pick out and drink a healing potion [roll0]+2

And she still has her hex on the dragon. Don't really know if that helps her track him or not.

Fast Jimmy
2015-07-27, 09:42 AM

Baelic, still feeling the pain of the recent encounter and that his compatriots were just as bad off, once again beseeched Marthammor for more healing power... albeit, this time silently.

Divine Inspiration: Preserve Life to heal 7 HP a piece.
Then, Baelic casts Prayer of Healing for ten minutes, maximized due to Beacon of Hope, giving everyone 19 HP, a total of 26 for everyone in the party.

HP: 63/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/1/1/1/- | Channel Divinity: 0/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Tashio
2015-07-30, 03:15 PM
You wounds continue to heal over, the disquieting silence remains. The cool mist still floats about, the acrid smell persists.

Move yourself within the current few blocks to where you want to be.

Zergrinch
2015-08-02, 11:55 PM
Now fully healed, the paladin continues to clear a path to where the foul malefactor has escaped to.

Tashio
2015-08-05, 01:12 PM
The group spreads out and begins to move forward once more dodging between the thorny vines and bushes. The mist thickens and the noxious fumes seem to be more suffocating. At times they seem to be squeezing in on you yet the pathways remains open. The silence is almost deafening.

Irish Musician
2015-08-06, 10:20 AM

61/69 HP
As she is healed by the dwarf's divine magics, she places a hand on his shoulder and silently thanks him. They move through the brambles and bushes, a thorn tearing a piece of clothing or causing a few drops of blood to leak out. Between the dragon and this damned bush maze she is getting fairly annoyed. She says as softly as she can so the others can still hear her, "Do you supposed we are in the illusion yet? Or have we not reached it?"

Tashio
2015-08-08, 05:27 AM
The pathways continue to wind, twist and turn, the thick fog obscuring vision beyond 20 feet. You keep moving in a roughly south easterly direction though the twists and turns keep sending you off in alternative directions to get back on track. It is difficult to tell just how far you've travelled.

Kaiser Omnik
2015-08-09, 02:29 PM
Nyx

It doesn't take long for Nyx to figure out that they've come in range of the illusion covering the grove. She reaches for the scroll and invokes its magic.

Tashio
2015-08-11, 02:16 PM
Nyx recites the scroll and a shimmer bursts out from around her washing over the area. The bushes and brush vanish replaced by a open grassy lawn. A cottage appears to the south east, the walls are mostly intact from the side you're standing the door is broken, the roof has mostly collapsed in.

The silence and the thick swirling fog remains.

Fast Jimmy
2015-08-11, 02:39 PM

"Cunning illusion... I believe our destination is in sight, everyone!"

Baelic strides forward, confident but wary.

Zergrinch
2015-08-11, 06:32 PM
The genasi harrumphs a bit as the scenery changes. Magic. Even though he calls upon it on occasion, high level magic still rankles him; if he still has any hairs, they'd be standing on edge.

The paladin blinks and takes a quick look around. Have they been transported to any location that he, a former resident of Myth Drannor, knows about?

History: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2015-08-12, 10:57 AM

Kennis looks visibly annoyed and thinks to herself, I bet that damned dragon was an illusion too.....oh for the sake of the nine hells.... She follows the rest, using her magics to clean herself back up from the dragon fight, clearly annoyed about having to fight an imaginary dragon in the first place and grumbling to herself. She keeps her eyes and ears open, making sure to try and spot any enemies.

Perception - [roll0]

Tashio
2015-08-13, 02:46 PM
Zerus remembers that a number of cottages lay outside of the the city proper, most were owned either by families or senior officials of the city, including council members.

The fog seems to be obscuring most vision beyond 60 feet. There seems to be little else outside of the cottage.

Zergrinch
2015-08-16, 12:17 AM
Zerus follows the tone-deaf dwarf into the cottage.

Tashio
2015-08-17, 01:34 AM
You approach the cottage carefully, keeping an eye out for the dragon or any other potential enemies. Looking inside the interior is much the same as the outside, broken down and dilapidated. If there was any furniture it is long gone or reduced to dust.

Cracked doors and walls reveal more rooms further back.

Zergrinch
2015-08-17, 09:23 AM
Seemingly unconcerned, the paladin proceeds deeper inside the cottage.

Tashio
2015-08-17, 03:25 PM
You enter what was once the front door of the cottage, the rubble here appears to have been untouched for years. Each step is precarious, throwing up dust as you move over rubble and falling roofing. To Zerus's right is a broken doorway, to the left the wall has collapsed.

Fast Jimmy
2015-08-17, 05:23 PM

Baelic looks around the dilapidated cottage, searching for anythint out of place. "This place makes me feel uneasy... an almost unnatural aura is here in this house."

[roll0]

Zergrinch
2015-08-18, 12:52 AM
The paladin does another snort and proceeds down the doorway, kicking at the debris as he goes.

Tashio
2015-08-19, 02:28 AM
Baelic stumbles forward almost falling on the rubble his vision clouded by the dust Zerus is kicking up. What little remains of the door shatters into pieces with a loud thump and crack, that echo's through the cottage, as Zerus's heavy foot goes through it, throwing up even more dust.

Perception checks are now at a disadvantage inside the cottage due to the dust.

Zergrinch
2015-08-19, 04:06 AM
Zerus pauses to scan the area for signs of evil, before letting out a loud curse against the internal dust.

Irish Musician
2015-08-19, 08:51 AM
Kennis swings her hand in front of her face, trying her best to clear the dust from in front of her. She points at her mouth and nose region and starts to create puffs of air that at least blow away the dust right in front of her. "Alright, where is this stupid thing supposed to be? Anyone see a bookshelf or locker or table it might be in? I'd like to find it before we all choke to death on dust." Kennis was starting to think that this whole mission was a mistake, esp since the damned imaginary dragon attacked them. Stupid wizards not being able to do their own stuff... she thought to herself.

Tashio
2015-08-25, 02:41 PM
Nyx remains outside avoiding the coughing and spluttering inside the cottage.

A quick search reveals little remains within. Any furniture is damaged beyond repair. The remains of bookshelves hold little but dust and the odd leather binding empty of pages.

Searching a bit further, reveals a trapdoor near the back of the house. The wood is swollen from time and the handle rusty.

Zergrinch
2015-08-25, 07:23 PM
Zerus tries to pry open the trapdoor.

Tashio
2015-08-26, 01:37 AM
Zerus grabs a hold of the rusty iron ring bound to the top of the trap door. Straining against it it begins to give, the top far end lifts slightly away from the frame before the iron ring snaps sending Zerus sprawling backwards onto the floor.

Strength: [roll0]

Fast Jimmy
2015-08-30, 08:35 PM

Baelic, seeing his friend fall, goes down to lift him back on his feet.

"Zerus, mayhaps it would work better if we didn't grab the rusty handle and used THIS instead." Baelic pulls out how crowbar and wedges it into the trapdoor, pushing with all of his might to open it.

Strength Check, with Advantage from Crowbar:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zergrinch
2015-09-02, 10:02 AM
A ghost of a smile appears on the paladin's face, but it quickly turns into a smirk as the dwarf's ministrations merely bent the crowbar in half instead of lifting the trapdoor open.

The paladin takes out a spear from his magical quiver, and adds his strength to the fatso's attempt.

Me Paladin. Me STRONG!
Athletics: [roll0]. If advantage exists: [roll1]

Tashio
2015-09-02, 11:29 AM
The trap door creeks almost in mockery as it flexes against the crowbar but refuses to budge.

2015-09-02, 11:34 AM
Fargor rolled his eyes, grabbed the crowbar, and heaved.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tashio
2015-09-03, 03:19 PM
With a final groan the door looses it's battle to stay closed and flips open crashing loudly into the floor. The crowbar drops down through the open hole with a clang crashing into what sounds like solid stone.

Below the trapdoor is a ladder leading down into darkness. The floor is barely visible below, maybe 25 to 30 feet down.

Irish Musician
2015-09-03, 04:02 PM
Kennis smiles as the trap door finally is wedged open. "I am so glad there are so many big, strapping men around me. Why, whatever would I do all on my lonesome." She gives a very wicked smirk and looks down the hole. Knowing a crowbar lies down at the bottom, she points at it, and it starts to glow, "There, now we can see what's down there. Any of you big, strong men want to venture down there first?"

Cast Light on the crowbar

2015-09-03, 04:19 PM
Fargor nods, before descending into the hole.

Fast Jimmy
2015-09-03, 10:47 PM

Baelic bristles at Kennis' comments. "Gah. I'll not be shown up by an uppity woman! As Marthammor guides me, I'll travel down the unknown path." And with that, he descends down the hole, returning to his long-forgotten native world - underground.

Zergrinch
2015-09-03, 10:52 PM
Zerus watches the fat dwarf go down the hole.

Irish Musician
2015-09-04, 04:59 PM
Kennis smiled as the dwarf started down the tunnel. "Well, good to know dwarven clerics are brave......And what of paladins?" Kennis gives a sideways glance to Zerus, giving him a little bit of a taunt and a smirk.

Zergrinch
2015-09-04, 08:19 PM
Refusing to be goaded by a coward who sold her soul to a demon, the former elf simply sniffs in her general direction with a jerk of his head.

"I'll bring up the rear."

Tashio
2015-09-06, 06:13 AM
You all climb down to the bottom of the ladder, the crowbar shedding light all about the passage. The walls and floors are reinforced with stone, it is clearly a man made tunnel. It is 5 foot wide and near on 10 foot high. The air seems clean lacking the usual musty smell that old underground tunnels usually carry.

Zergrinch
2015-09-06, 08:51 AM
Zerus picks up the crowbar, and uses it to look around the location. How many passages are there?

Irish Musician
2015-09-06, 01:45 PM
Kennis stands in the middle of the group, looking down the tunnel, past the light and even past the darkness, far in front of the group.

Kennis can see in non-magical and magical darkness for 120ft, so let me know what she sees :smallsmile:

[roll0]

apparently not much lol

Tashio
2015-09-07, 08:49 AM
The tunnel heads in a single direction from the trap door. It turns right and then left, beyond that you cannot see.

Updated Map of Awesomeness (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zuwxQdVxIQCgJ7ZJ7FP9FFBQ1GHT5FuPK20L6QgZ6rc/edit#gid=0)

Fast Jimmy
2015-09-07, 11:12 AM

Trailing behind Fargor, Baelic peers into the darkness, examining the tunnel's structural support and seeing if anything out of the ordinary (or dangerous) is present.

Baelic has Darkvision and is a dwarf, so I imagine he wouldn't have Disadvantage despite the darkness.

[roll0]

Tashio
2015-09-09, 02:51 PM
The tunnel is clean lacking dust or tracks. It twists and winds for about a hundred feet before opening into a large cavernous room. The ceiling lifts up above you almost 40 feet. There is a doorway at the opposite side of the chamber. If the cavern held anything in the past it seems clear of anything.

Fast Jimmy
2015-09-11, 11:27 AM

Baelic, getting a terrible vibe from the immaculate room, moves in the direction of the door, trying to see if there is anything of note about it.

As he moves, he begins to hum, quietly, with only a melody, no words.

HP: 54/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/1/1/1/- | Channel Divinity: 0/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Zergrinch
2015-09-11, 05:50 PM
Cognizant of the time limit, Zerus moves quickly to the chamber.

Tashio
2015-09-14, 03:13 AM
You move forward into the main chamber of the room. The doorway at the opposite end opens into a small room, something seems to reflect your torch light back at you catching your eye.

You continue to scan the room looking for things that stand out yet find nothing but that an underground room that has not been touched in at least 80 years is dust free and contains fresh air.

Irish Musician
2015-09-15, 02:38 PM

Kennis starts to move with the others, moving a little slower and keeping her eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary. "Something isn't right here. I can just feel it. This room is......too perfect. It is too without age."

Perception - [roll0]

:smallannoyed:

Fast Jimmy
2015-09-15, 08:34 PM

Baelic continues to hum to himself, his musical words now becoming barely audible to the rest of the party. As he moves forward, he sings them with an almost ominous sense of trepidation.

"I bet you're wondering how I knew
That a trap was being set by you
Without a speck of dust on the floor
You know our group is eyeing the door..."

Zergrinch
2015-09-15, 09:56 PM
"An ageless room?" the Paladin sniffs. "Preposterous!"

The genasi draws his weapon, and slashes at the wall, trying to damage it. He has another unspoken motive: to ascertain if there is more illusory magic at work here.

Tashio
2015-09-17, 03:23 PM
Zerus's blade bites into the wall sending off sparks. Shortly after the blade clears the wall the slash mark in the wall covers up and the wall looks undamaged once more.

Baelic approaches the doorway, it has no door. On the other side lies a number of chests and a desk with drawers.

Kennis stares about the room trying to observe the air.

Map updated, move yourself if you'd rather be somewhere else in the room.

Fast Jimmy
2015-09-21, 09:12 AM

Spotting the chests in the other room, Baelic's heart starts speeding up. Could this be gold? Oh, the people he could help with the money from a place like this!

"It took my by surprise I must say
When I found all that gold today...

You know I sensed it through the trap-vine
That some harm was coming soon in time
Yes... I heard it through the trap-vine
But that gold has just got to mine!"

Baelic heads into the open door, directly for one of the chests he spies.

HP: 54/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 3/1/1/1/- | Channel Divinity: 0/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Zergrinch
2015-09-21, 09:25 AM
Completely at a loss for once, Zerus spends a moment to collect his thoughts. He is well aware of the time limit for their stay in this... dimension was it?... and now he racks his brain for any scrap of information he might overheard about self-repairing walls.

General Intelligence check - History, Arcana, Religion... doesn't matter. Negative -1 to all! [roll0].

Note to DM: I'm lost. Help me. :smalltongue:

Tashio
2015-09-24, 06:36 PM
Baelic steps into the doorway, there is a brief shimmer of light across it accompanied by a soft hum. Baelic flies back across the floor sliding to a halt against the opposite wall, his song rudely interrupted.

The doorway appears open once more.

Irish Musician
2015-09-25, 08:43 AM
Kennis' eyes open wide as she sees the dwarf fly across the room. "Ooooooo, something magical. You ok over there Cleric?" As she waits for an answer, she heads over to the door. She kneels in front of it, gets a strange looking book out, and starts to recite some magical incantations. What are you, she thinks.

Detect magic on the "barrier" as a ritual.

Fast Jimmy
2015-09-25, 12:21 PM

"Gah." Baelic shakes his head and pulls himself up. "I feel fine, thanks for asking." That was a bit of a nasty hit.

Baelic goes up to the door near Kennis, watching as she examines the door.

Zergrinch
2015-09-25, 05:44 PM
Zerus is still deep in thought, thinking about what to do.

Tashio
2015-09-26, 10:29 AM
You wait the 10 minutes as Kennis sets up the ritual, as soon as it completes the entire doorway lights up in her vision. A combination of Abjuration and Alteration magics.

6 runes appear, 3 on each side of the doorway near the bottom middle and top.

Zerus immediately recognises them as ancient elven script but not their exact meaning.

Zergrinch
2015-09-26, 10:42 AM
Feeling a little lost, Zerus puts a palm over the elvish rune closest to him, and intones a prayer beseeching for divine inspiration from Helm, the god of abjuration.Religion or Arcana check to decipher rune and figure out how to deactivate: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2015-09-26, 02:22 PM
Kennis smiles as the runes appear. "Oh ho. There we are. Must be some sort of protection spell or barrier spell or something. Damned wizard could have told us that. Stupid wizards and their egos. Every wonder why most wizards are men...." Kennis looks at the others and smiles. She then starts to inspect the runes to see how they are laid on the doorway. "Maybe if we can rub them off the spell will be broken...." Kennis then takes he quarterstaff and tries to rub one of the runes, trying to erase it and disrupt its magic.

Arcana check as well [roll[1d20+6[/roll]

Fast Jimmy
2015-09-26, 06:41 PM

As others attempt to glean the Arcane nature of the writing, Baelic inspects the runes, trying to determine if they are tied to any of the Elven religious symbols or rites he is familiar with.

[roll0]

Tashio
2015-09-28, 12:39 PM
Baelic looks over the runes, they're all elvish to him.

Kennis attempts to smudge the runes, they appear to be unaffected.

Zerus recognises the first four runes. Ancient Elvish runes which read. "What is thy place?" The bottom two seem to be defensive runes, perhaps tied to the invocation on the door itself.

Zergrinch
2015-09-29, 09:54 AM
"I am... was... a humble defender of Myth Drannor," the Genasi Paladin softly tells the rune. "I must be going crazy, talking to some magic spell!"

Turning to the half-elf who sold her soul to a demon, Zerus points out the bottom two runes. "These may be linked to the spell on the doorway. We cannot disrupt runes with mundane weapons, but perhaps a magical attack might succeed."

Irish Musician
2015-09-29, 12:22 PM
Kennis looks back tot he stuffy paladin, "Magical attack you say?" She waves her hand over her quarterstaff and a sparkly, green magic rolls up and down the staff. One her magic has done its job, she tries scratching out the runes again.

Cast Shillelagh on my quarterstaff, making it magical. So any damage it does will be magical. Let's see if that works! :smallsmile:

Tashio
2015-09-30, 03:36 PM
At Zerus's words the last rune shimmers and changes, it now reads, "What is thy purpose?"

Kennis tries to sweep the runes, the staff has no effect.

Zergrinch
2015-10-01, 10:02 PM
The paladin raises an eyebrow. Magic runes can do this?

"I search for knowledge about the early history of Myth Drannor," he says quietly. The genasi is quite unwilling to let the others think he may be going stir-crazy and is talking to runes.

Tashio
2015-10-04, 07:20 AM
The runes flicker at Zerus's words but do not change.

"What is thy purpose?"

Zergrinch
2015-10-04, 10:24 AM
The Paladin wracks his brain for any scrap of detail that he can recall will satisfy a magical rune's programming, and answers accordingly.

General knowledge check: [roll0]. I am clueless, so hope that my character is not.

Irish Musician
2015-10-05, 09:45 AM
Kennis peaks over the shoulder of the paladin, "I noticed the runes are changing, what are they saying?"

Zergrinch
2015-10-05, 11:05 AM
"You can't read Elvish?" the genasi ***** an eyebrow at the half-Elf, a little taken-aback at the warlock's ignorance.

"It reads: 'What is thy purpose?'"

Fast Jimmy
2015-10-05, 11:18 AM

Hmmmm. What is thy purpose...?

"We are humble adventurers, seeking a long lost journal," Baelic chimes in.

Hopefully the bloody thing can speak Common...?

Irish Musician
2015-10-05, 01:14 PM
Kennis' demeanor turns prickly, "I can read damned elvish, but not all elvish is the same, <Drelik>" Damned stuck-up paladin, see if he can understand infernal. Even if he can't, it is fun to insult him none-the-less....this allows her to smirk once more. If only to herself.

Tashio
2015-10-07, 01:53 PM
The runes remain unchanged at the dwarfs words.

Reading the runes again Zerus is reminded of his prior life.

Kennis spits out her curse, the air shimmers in the space surrounding her. Two ghostly images appear, dressed in the elvish armour of Myth Drannor, wielding large two handed blades.

"Infernal Beast" they intone.

Initiative Players: [roll0]
Initiative Ghosties: [roll1]

Tashio
2015-10-07, 02:03 PM
The two spectral figures strike at Kennis with their blades. The first blow bites into her side, the following two do not penetrate her defences the last she ducks under.

Spectre 1:
Att 1: [roll0]
Dam 1: [roll1]
Att 2: [roll2]
Dam 2: [roll3]

Spectre 2:
Att 1: [roll4]
Dam 1: [roll5]
Att 2: [roll6]
Dam 2: [roll7]

Irish Musician
2015-10-07, 04:18 PM
Kennis lets out another curse, though this time in Elven, and looks at the ghostly guards around her. "Well, didn't expect to be greeted with such fervor." The Kennis disappears from everyone's eyes, after casting a spell. She moves away from the ghosts, getting as far away as she can from the spectral guards.

Turn
Bonus - Cast Shillelagh on Quarterstaff
Action - Cast Invisibility on herself
Move - Far, far away from the guards, 30ft
Stealth check to help herself hide [roll0]

Zergrinch
2015-10-07, 07:53 PM
Tears stream down the paladin's cheek as he recalls the lost glory that was Myth Drannor. He says nothing as the warlock insults him in a language he can only guess must be the language of demons. He says nothing as spectral guards manifest and attack her. He says nothing still as she vanishes from view. He has seen everything, but he has seen nothing, so lost in recollection was he.

Fast Jimmy
2015-10-10, 01:02 PM

"Ach! You d@nmable paladin, snap out of it! The ghosts of this place are trying to cut us down!"

Baelic blasts a bright light from his hands towards the spectral guardian whose blade hit Kennis.

Action: Cast Guiding Bolt
To Hit:[roll0]
Effect: If spell hits, the next hit against target has Advantage

HP: 54/76 | THP: 0 | AC: 19 | HD: 7d8 / 7 | MP: 2/1/1/1/- | Channel Divinity: 0/2 |Pearl of Power: 1/1 | Scroll of Speak w/ Dead: 1/1 | Scroll of Gentle Repose: 1/1 | Keoghtom's Ointment: 2/2 | Healers Kit: 30/30

Zergrinch
2015-10-12, 11:27 AM
No! These guardians were only responding to her provocation. I will not take arms against them," the paladin replies.

Zerus stretches out his arms, with widespread hands, to signify that he does not intend to harm the twin apparitions.

Facing them directly, the paladin bows low and addresses them in a contrite tone. I apologize for the intrusion and the indelicacy of our companions, but I humbly beseech your forgiveness and seek permission to pass," the paladin pleads.

Persuasion: [roll0]

Tashio
2015-10-19, 03:12 PM
Baelic's blast misses the spectral figure. It does not react in any manner to it. They pause blades held at the ready as Kennis vanishes from sight.

"This place is protected from those who seek to despoil it. Infernal beasts will be slain or driven from these walls."

The Spectre's ready themselves.
If Kenni is moving please update the map to where she go to.

Irish Musician
2015-10-20, 12:42 PM
Kennis hears the guards' words and rolls her eyes, not that anyone can see it. Self-righteous elves always making my life harder. Not to mention idiot, do-good paladins. Of course, if I talk or cast those damned things will know where I am. Bollocks. Kennis moves slowly farther away from the the guards, getting as much distance between her and them.

Do a double move and get over to F11

Zergrinch
2015-10-20, 11:14 PM
The only way forward is to decipher and solve the runes, and the paladin is already at his wit's end. He tries to think of a suitable way to do so.

Sorry, you stumped me. Maybe my character knows something I don't. General knowledge check: [roll0].