PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Spiders, spiders everywhere! A Clutter of Spider Creatures.

Zaydos
2015-07-02, 10:35 PM
Old fat spider spinning in a tree!
Old fat spider can’t see me!
Attercop! Attercop!
Won't you stop,
Stop your spinning and look for me!

Old Tomnoddy, all big body,
Old Tomnoddy can’t spy me!
Attercop! Attercop!
Down you drop!
You'll never catch me up your tree!

Lazy Lob and crazy Cob
are weaving webs to wind me.
I am far more sweet than other meat,
but still they cannot find me!

Here am I, naughty little fly;
you are fat and lazy.
You cannot trap me, though you try,
in your cobwebs crazy.
-from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

So I have decided to create a slew of arachnid monsters. These will range from various types of giant versions of real world spiders and near spider creatures (giant black widows, diving bell spiders, and granddaddy longlegs), non-real but still capable of naturally occurring in a world like D&D vermin (spider-moths, aka face sized winged spiders), and full fledged magical beasts (i.e. the fun sort).

From an evolutionary point of view the second category is unlikely to impossible. For example there is not going to be a rogue branch of arachnids which grow an additional pair of limbs in the form of moth wings, but it is physically possible at least as physically possible as horse-sized insects to begin with.

Gonna try and keep this to where each creature is in its own post with the OP acting as an index of the creatures within this thread and other spider creatures I've made.

The Web of Attercops
NameDescriptionEstimated CR
Horse Spider (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19431528&postcount=16)Long legged ride-able spiders which exist partially in multiple dimensions.3
Spidermoth (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19484420&postcount=2)A winged arachnid which latches onto creatures' faces and bites them.1/3
Spider, Death Tyrant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19484427&postcount=3)The great grandbaby of an Elder Evil, a giant doom spider which causes a wightpocalypse when it walks through town.21
Gold Widow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19581640&postcount=7)Shape shifting spider fiends from Gehenna4
Gold Widower (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19581640&postcount=7)The smaller, dumber males3
Harvestman, Giant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19590586&postcount=12)Giant harvestmen, a non-spider arachnid sometimes mistaken for spiders by children.3
Spider Templates (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19590937&postcount=13)Various ways to tweak monstrous spidersna

Zaydos
2015-07-02, 10:36 PM
Spidermoth
Tiny Vermin
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft (4 squares), climb 10 ft, fly 40 ft (average)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +3 Dexterity, +1 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-12
Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d3-4 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d3-4 and poison)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft/0 ft
Special Attacks: Attach, Poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Tremorsense 60-ft, Vermin traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +0
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 17, Con 11, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: Climb +11, Hide +15, Spot +8
Feats: Weapon FinesseB
Environment: Temperate forests.
Organization: Clutter (6-20)
Challenge Rating: 1/3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always True Neutral
Advancement: 2-3 HD (small), 4 HD (medium)
Level Adjustment: -

The eight legged creature flies through the air on wide, sweeping moth-like wings. It looks almost like a huge, hairy tarantula, but its legs are stunted, made more for grasping limbs and prey than running creatures down. It chelicerae extend out from beneath its eight arachnid eyes as it bobs and flits through the air.

Spider-moths are a species of aerial arachnid related to spiders. Like hunting spiders they live in sweeping webs, usually spun out among the canopy tops, lurking within waiting for prey to pass underneath and diving down upon it. They have been known to attack humanoid foes in mass, even swooping down to attach to a creature's face latching onto it and covering the creature's eyes as they inject their poison.

Combat:
Spider-moths swoop down on foes attaching to their face, unless another spider-moth is already there, and using their poison to bring them down.

Attach (Ex): If a spider-moth hits with a bite attack, it uses its powerful jaws to latch onto the opponent’s body, or if possible face, and automatically deals bite damage each round it remains attached. An attached spider-moth loses its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class and has an AC of 13. An attached spider-moth can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached spider-moth through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the creature. The spider-moth covers the creature's eyes if possible (which it can do to a small to large creature) effectively blinding the creature; if multiple spider-moths attach to a single creature only the first covers its eyes.

Poison (Ex): A spider-moth's bite carries a weakening poison which deals 1d3 Strength damage as both initial and secondary damage. A Fort save (DC 12) is required to resist. The poison save DC includes a +2 racial bonus to the DC.

Tremorsense (Ex): A spider-moth can detect and pinpoint any creature or object within 60 feet in contact with the ground, or within any range in contact with the spider’s webs.

Skills: Spider-moths have a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb and Spot checks. A spider-moth can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Spider-moths use either their Strength or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, whichever is higher.

Zaydos
2015-07-02, 10:38 PM
Spider, Death Tyrant
Gargantuan Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 34d10+170 (357 hp)
Speed: 40 ft (8 squares), climb 20 ft
Armor Class: 29 (-4 size, +3 Dex, +10 natural, +10 profane), touch 19, flat-footed 26
Base Attack/Grapple: +34/+56
Attack: Bite +40 melee (2d8+10 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +40 melee (2d8+10 and poison) and two slams +38 melee (2d6+5 and potentially energy drain)
Space/Reach: 20 ft/15 ft
Special Attacks: Create Spawn, Create Web Mummy, Dark Speaker, Energy Drain, Frightful Presence, Life Draining Aura, Necrotic Web, Poison, Rebuke Undead.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Lifesense 300-ft, Living Sacrilege, Necrotic Born, See in Darkness, Tremorsense 60-ft
Saves: Fort +23 (+40 against Divine), Ref +21 (+38 against Divine), Will +18 (+22 vs mind-affecting effects, +35 against Divine, +39 against Divine Mind-Affecting Effects)
Abilities: Str 31, Dex 17, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 24
Skills: Climb +18, Hide -6*, Jump +20, Knowledge (Religion) +56, Move Silently +3*, Sense Motive +40, Spot +48
Feats: Ability Focus (Necrotic Web), Ability Focus (Poison), Apostate(Elder Evils), COmbat Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Knowledge Religion), Epic Will(E), Force of Personality(CAdv), Life Drain(LM), Multiattack, Power Attack, Profane Vigor(LM), Stand Still.
Environment: Surrounded by the dead and dying (Any land or underground).
Organization: Solitary sometimes with entourage of undead and/or enslaved maruts.
Challenge Rating: 21
Treasure: Incidental.
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil.
Advancement: 35-42 HD (gargantuan), 43+ HD (colossal)

The creature before you dwarfs horses and even elephants. A maive spider the size of a house its eight legs scar the landscape with its travels. Its body is a dull black with no luster seeming instead to absorb light greedily. Its head, though, is an oddity. The bottom is like that of a regular spiders, poisonous chelicerae extending from its black chitin but above that where its eyes ought to be instead three humanoids skulls seem to extend from its head, complete with jaws and hollow eye sockets which burn with a malign sentence. Two great pedipalps stretch from the base of its head, pawing at the ground.

The birth of the first death tyrant is an event shrouded in a past so long passed that it has become mere legend. Reviled by the gods, death tyrants are said to have been born of a monster which predates even the Powers that rule the Planes. Whatever their true origin death tyrants are powerful spider-like magical beasts which seemingly exist to destroy and kill whatever crosses their path. They only rise up rarely, and when they do they carve a path of destruction in their wake until slain or returning to their hibernation.

Combat:

A death tyrant is at best a clever combatant relying primarily on its sheer physical power and life draining aura. If a creature resists the latter they will either attempt to use Dark Speech to rend the creature's resistances from it or to command it if they can identify it as undead.

Create Spawn (Su): If a death tyrant kills a creature with its Life Draining Aura or Energy Drain that creature rises as a wight in 24 hours. The death tyrant has no special control of such a creature though may Rebuke it normally.

Create Web Mummy (Su): If a death tyrant cocoons and feeds off of a corpse, or cocoons a corpse killed by energy drain or negative levels, that creature revives as a web mummy in 24 hours (instead of a wight in the latter case). A web mummy is identical to a regular mummy or mummified creature (Libris Mortis) except that it lacks the ability to inflict Mummy Rot and instead inflicts 2 negative levels with each slam attack. The death tyrant has no special control of such a creature though may Rebuke it normally.

Dark Speaker (Su): A death tyrant is a creature of primordial evil and darkness born of a lineage older than the planes themselves. When the first death tyrants were born their mother sent them along their way with a word of darkspeech and it has reverberated in their blood ever since. A death tyrant may utter words of Dark Speech but they have different effects than the minor words of mortals. As a standard action a death tyrant may choose one of the following effects:

Dread: Every other creature within a 50-ft radius must make a Will save (DC 33). An evil creature with 10 or less hit dice cowers in fear for 10 rounds and is charmed (as if by charmed monster) by you for 5 rounds, and one with 11 to 20 hit dice is merely charmed for 5 rounds, one with more hit dice is unaffected. A good creature with 5 or less hit dice is killed instantly and driven permanently insane (as the insanity spell), one with 6 to 12 hit dice is panicked for 10 rounds, one with 13 to 20 hit dice is shaken for 5 rounds, one with 21 or more hit dice is shaken for a single round.
Darkness: Darkness spreads out in a 300-ft radius. While this extinguishes all non-magical light and any magical light source no brighter than a torch, this is not considered magical darkness for the purposes of darkvision and any magical light brighter than a torch is unaffected. This darkness lasts for 1 minute and does not move with the death tyrat.
Corruption: With a word a death tyrant an inanimate object's hardness to 1/2. Multiple uses on the same object do not stack.
Pain: With a word a death tyrant may inflict pain on a single living creature within line of sight. That creature suffers 11d6 damage, with a Will save (DC 33) for half.
Mundanity: With a word a death tyrant may rend magic in an area. This functions as an area Greater Dispel Magic in a 30-ft radius burst within 340-ft. The death tyrant has a +34 bonus to its dispel check (instead of CL max +20).
Leech Life: With a word a death tyrant may drain life from all creatures within 300-ft (this ability will go around corners within range). When it speaks this word any living creature within range takes 10d6 damage unless they succeed a Fortitude save (DC 33) for half, and the death tyrant gains 5 temporary hit points per creature that failed its save; these temporary hit points last 1 minute.

Energy Drain (Su): A death tyrant's pedipalp slams suck the life energy from creatures. Once per round when a death tyrant hits a creature with a slam attack it may inflict 2 negative levels to that creature (reducing max hp by 22 instead of 10 due to feats) and gain 22 temp hp (instead of 10 due to feats) for 1 minute. A death tyrant may choose to inflict negative levels after knowing whether its attack hit or miss.

Frightful Presence (Ex): When a death tryant charges, attacks, shouts, or speaks a word in dark speech all creatures within 300-ft with less than 34 hit dice must make a Will save (DC 33) or be shaken for 5d6 rounds, or panicked instead if they have 5 or less hit dice. A creature which successfully saves against this ability gains immunity to that death tyrant's frightful presence for 24 hours.

Life Draining Aura (Su): A death tyrant passively drains the life from each creature within 60-ft of it. Any living creature within this aura gains 1 negative level each round.

Lifesense (Su): A death tyrant is passively aware of the presence and location of each living creature within 300-ft ignoring line of effect. It is only aware of its general location (i.e. square) and this ability does not allow it to ignore concealment.

Living Sacrilege (Su): Born of a monster from before the current iteration of reality, a death tyrant is a living blasphemy against the gods. A death spider's presence creates a 3,400-ft (100-ft/hd) radius blight in reality. Within this region it is considered as if a desecrate spell had been cast on an altar to an Evil god; divine divinations cannot work on anything within area and their actions cannot be detected by divine spells or effects or the divinatory abilities of deities or any divination which requires contact with gods (such as Contact Other Plane; Sanctified spells cannot be cast; positive energy cannot be channeled preventing the use of Turn Undead, Lay on Hands, a cleric's ability to spontaneously cast Cure spells (prepared ones are unaffected as are a favored souls), or other similar abilities; and divine spells are cast at a -4 to their caster level.

Necrotic Born (Ex): A death tyrant is immune to death effects, energy drain, and anything which only affects living creatures. A death tyrant is healed by negative energy and harmed by positive energy as if it were unead.

Necrotic Web (Su): A death tyrant can throw a web, much like a lesser spider, up to 8 times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 150 feet, with a range increment of 30 feet, and is effective against colossal or smaller targets. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check (DC 32) or burst it with a Strength check (DC 32). The checks DCs are Constitution-based. In addition to the normal effects of a net an entangled creature must make a DC 34 (includes ability focus) Fort save or suffer 2 negative levels and 1d6 Strength drain.

A death tyrant can also create sheets of sticky webbing 80 feet square. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has 18 hit points, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—. These webs do not include the spider's necrotic powers.

Poison (Ex): A death tyrant's bite carries a powerful and dangerous poison. The initial and secondary damage inflicted by this poison is 3d6 Strength and a Fort save (DC 34) is required to resist.

Rebuke Undead (Su): A death tyrant can Rebuke Undead as a 34th level evil cleric 9 times per day.

See in Darkness (Su): A death tyrant can see in any darkness including magical darkness as easily as if it were bright light.

Skills: Death tyrants have a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Spot checkschecks. A monstrous spider can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

*A death tyrant gains a +8 racial bonus to Move Silently and its bonus to Hide increases to +8 when using its webs.

I saw this picture (http://beetlebot.deviantart.com/art/Spider-543071300) online and well it gave me an idea for a giant doom spider which ended up drawing from Ungoliant as well because Mirkwood in Rankin-Bass's The Hobbit really got to me and is why I use a lot of giant spiders and weird magical forests.

Debihuman
2015-07-03, 09:57 AM
I always love to read new critters.

Spider moth should have 4 hp not 2. Average of 1d8 is 4.5.

Creatures that can fly don't need a Climb speed and wouldn't make Climbing checks. They'd just fly to where they need to be. Also, mindless creatures do not get any skills or feats unless they are bonus feat.

While I don't generally like critiquing epic creatures, I do have to wonder why the death tyrant spider so slow? Bigger creatures usually move faster. Average speed for Gargantuan creature is 60 feet and this has 8 legs.

Debby

Network
2015-07-03, 12:25 PM
Is there any reason that the death tyrant spider does not have create spawn, while the wight itself does? Specific trumps general, and while the general statement is that monsters with energy drain* reanimate their victims either as wights or as monsters of their own kind, the lack of create spawn ability suggests a specific exception.

* No, there is nothing RAW saying Enervation turns people into wights for that matter, since the only place to make the connection that energy drain -> wight is about monsters with energy drain, not negative levels in general.

Creatures that can fly don't need a Climb speed and wouldn't make Climbing checks. They'd just fly to where they need to be. Also, mindless creatures do not get any skills or feats unless they are bonus feat.
If the monster had perfect maneuverability, I would agree with Debby, but there are many things that a climb speed can do that average maneuverability cannot, including climbing more slowly than half your speed, staying in place on a wall, change direction instantly, move at full speed when going up, etc. These things warrant a separate climb and fly speed, but I'd up the climb speed to 20 feet.

Zaydos
2015-07-03, 12:49 PM
I always love to read new critters.

Spider moth should have 4 hp not 2. Average of 1d8 is 4.5.

While I don't generally like critiquing epic creatures, I do have to wonder why the death tyrant spider so slow? Bigger creatures usually move faster. Average speed for Gargantuan creature is 60 feet and this has 8 legs.

Debby

Fixed the health. The climb speed is because it's still physically capable of it just as much as a spider (flying takes a lot more metabolic energy than walking/climbing so they are unlikely to fly except in combat situations) and it still has its uses (staying in place in that canopy they live in, not having to circle about to go up, etc). The skills and feats are copied straight from Monstrous Spider and if you note the skill section you will realize they have 0 skill ranks and simply racial bonuses to certain skills as well as a superscript B denoting Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat in the standard MM manner.

As for Death Tyrant because that's a gargantuan monstrous spider's speed. I intended however to have them move at a hunting spider's speed (40-ft) however so I'm going to update that.

Is there any reason that the death tyrant spider does not have create spawn, while the wight itself does? Specific trumps general, and while the general statement is that monsters with energy drain* reanimate their victims either as wights or as monsters of their own kind, the lack of create spawn ability suggests a specific exception.

* No, there is nothing RAW saying Enervation turns people into wights for that matter, since the only place to make the connection that energy drain -> wight is about monsters with energy drain, not negative levels in general.

If the monster had perfect maneuverability, I would agree with Debby, but there are many things that a climb speed can do that average maneuverability cannot, including climbing more slowly than half your speed, staying in place on a wall, change direction instantly, move at full speed when going up, etc. These things warrant a separate climb and fly speed, but I'd up the climb speed to 20 feet.

Mostly because it defaults to wight unless otherwise noted and therefore didn't feel it needed a specific mention (especially as it was noted as happening in Create Web Mummies), and also because they aren't so much spawn since it's not a wight itself (which is actually an irrational reason with how D&D functions).

Zaydos
2015-07-25, 12:16 PM
Gold Widow
Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 6d8+12 (39 hp)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +5 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+13
Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4 and poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Change Shape, Poison, Spell-like Abilities.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Outsider Traits, Poison Immunity, Disease Immunity, Fire Resistance 20
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 17
Skills: Bluff +19, Climb +11, Concentration +11, Diplomacy +16, Disguise +12 (+14 to act)*, Gather Information +13, Hide +11, Jump +17, Knowledge (Local) +11, Move Silently +11, Sense Motive +12, Spot +9
Feats: Ability Focus (Charm Person), Ability Focus (Poison), Skill Focus (Bluff).
Environment: Gehenna or Urban.
Organization: Solitary.
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Double standard.
Alignment: Always Evil, usually Lawful.
Advancement: By character class.
Level Adjustment: –
The creature before you looks like nothing more than a large, golden spider its chitin resplendently metallic. It moves with an intelligence surprising for such a creature, its head watching with a cunning fascination.

Gold widows despite their spider-like appearance are in fact a variety of fiend native to the four furnaces of Gehenna. Gold widows are physically more like hunting spiders than black widows, but gain their name for their other traits. Gold widows are most infamous for their once a century trip to the Prime Material. Each gold widow may only enter the Prime Material Plane once per century and when they do so they may only stay for 10 years. In this time gold widows seek to accumulate as much wealth as possible using their ability to assume humanoid forms and through various cons. They especially enjoy those which end with the death of the duped party. A traditional ploy is to use marriage to legally acquire their spouse’s material goods upon death, and then to use their slow acting poison to kill them before they’re even aware of it. They use a variety of other cons as well.

Once a millennia gold widows gather together from all across Gehenna to come to a great moot. At this moot they compare their accumulations of wealth from the last millennium and swap stories on how they acquired it. The location of this moot is always different, yet all gold widows seem to instinctively sense the site as they are drawn to meet as if under a compulsion. The week before and after the moot is the only time a gold widow will accept another widow into their territory, otherwise they kill each other on sight.

Some say that gold widows are the spirits of those who lied, cheated, and seduced their way to wealth in life, others point to the extreme sexual dimorphism between gold widows and gold widowers (detailed below) and their ability to reproduce as proof against it. However many species of fiend reproduce despite being primarily formed from the souls of petitioners, so their origins remain unknown.

Like spiders a gold widow may spin webs but they only do so slowly and to create their lairs and do not use it in combat.

Gold widows speak their own language, Infernal, Common, and 2 other languages.

Combat:
Gold widows prefer to avoid combat when possible, using their charm person, shape shifting, and illusions to avoid it. When forced into combat they will revert to their natural form and attempt to use their poison to bring down a foe, or weaken its will to make it more suggestible. When fighting in human form they’ve been known to coat their weapons with their own poison using it and hit and run tactics to poison a foe and let their will melt before charming them.

Change Shape (Su): A gold widow can assume the shape of any small or medium sized humanoid but always has golden colored hair.

Poison (Ex): Inflicted with a bite attack, save DC 17 (Constitution based). Initial damage 1d6 Strength and Wisdom. Secondary damage unconsciousness (1 hour). A gold widow has the ability to excrete a second poison, which is ingested and has more insidious effects. It does no apparent initial or secondary damage, but builds up in the system of one that eats it until they fail a number of saves equal to their Constitution modifier at which point they die or go a week without failing a saving throw against it at which point the counter is reset to 0.

Spell-like Abilities: At-will – Charm Person (DC 16), Greater Plane Shift (self only, from Prime to lair in Gehenna only), 3/day – Ghost Sound (DC 13), Silent Image (DC 14), See Invisibility, 1/day – Expeditious Retreat, Invisibility, 1/century Greater Plane Shift (self only, from Gehenna to Prime only). Caster level 6 (16 for Greater Plane Shift).

Skills: Gold widows gain a +4 racial bonus to Bluff and Hide checks, a +10 racial bonus to Jump checks, and a +8 racial bonus to Climb and Spot checks. A gold widow can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

A gold widow gains a +10 to disguise checks when using Change Shape.

Gold Widower
Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (28 hp)
Armor Class: 15 (+2 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+6
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4+3 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4+3 and poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Poison, Spell-like Abilities.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Outsider Traits, Poison Immunity, Disease Immunity, Fire Resistance 20, Obedience
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +16, Hide +13, Jump +22, Move Silently +9, Spot +16
Feats: Ability Focus (Poison), Weapon Focus (Bite).
Environment: Gehenna.
Challenge Rating: 3
The golden spider watches you with a hateful vehemence, its eyes the same metallic hue as its chitin.

Gold widowers are smaller than the female of their species and much dumber. They lack much of a gold widows magical powers, and lack the ability to change shape. They roam Gehenna as little more than savage beasts never staying in one place long.

Gold widowers have one feature which makes them definitively different than an animal. They attack travelers not due to hunger but due to greed. If a traveler can convince them they have nothing else of material value a gold widower will be unlikely to chase them, instead collecting what goods have already been dropped. Gold widowers carry web sacks with them which they use to collect dropped goods and carry upon their backs.

Gold widowers speak the tongue shared between them and gold widows and nothing else.

Combat:

Gold widowers use little tactics, rushing head long into combat and retreating if they believe that they may in fact loose. If a gold widow is threatened gold widowers will fight to the death to attempt to defend them.

Obedience (Ex): A gold widower can in no way act to harm a gold widow even if it would mean their death not to.

Poison (Ex): Inflicted with a bite attack, save DC 16 (Constitution based). Initial damage 1d6 Strength and Wisdom. Secondary damage unconsciousness (1 hour).

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day –See Invisibility, 1/day – Expeditious Retreat, Invisibility. Caster Level 4.

Skills: Gold widowers gain a +4 racial bonus to Hide checks, a +10 racial bonus to Jump checks, and a +8 racial bonus to Climb and Spot checks. A gold widower can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

Xallace
2015-07-25, 03:38 PM
Under the Death Tyrant's Neceotic Web, the ability says it affects "colossal or small" creatures. I'm assuming that's a typo, rather than Death Tyrants just being prejudiced against gnomes. :smalltongue:

Zaydos
2015-07-25, 03:48 PM
Under the Death Tyrant's Neceotic Web, the ability says it affects "colossal or small" creatures. I'm assuming that's a typo, rather than Death Tyrants just being prejudiced against gnomes. :smalltongue:

Nah, gnomes are fine. It's halflings. I just hate those brand-x hobbitsess :smalltongue:

Fixed.

Debihuman
2015-07-27, 02:21 AM
Looks like the gold widow and widower are missing the Extraplanar Subtype.

Zaydos
2015-07-27, 01:35 PM
Looks like the gold widow and widower are missing the Extraplanar Subtype.

See things like this are one reason I post things. I always forget to put that subtype on.

Coming soon: Spider "Templates" Cannibalistic, Bell-Diver, Widow, Funnel-Web, Asphodel.

And Giant Harvestman. I've got the mechanics for that one typed up.

Zaydos
2015-07-27, 01:47 PM
Harvestman, Giant
Large Vermin
Hit Dice:7d8+7 (38 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 50 ft (10 squares), climb 25-ft
Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +2 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+13
Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d8+6)
Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d8+6)
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, Vermin Traits
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 19, Con 12, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: Climb +12, Hide +4, Move Silently +8, Spot +8
Feats: Improved InitiativeB
Environment: Temperate and Warm Forests, Plains, and Underground.
Treasure: None.
Alignment: Always True Neutral.
Advancement: 8-10 HD (Large) 11-16 HD (Huge), 17+ HD (Gargantuan).

The eight legged creature towers before you its long legs giving it a disproportionate height. Its body is mostly flat, two eyes peering out of its front, its body and head all one segment. Its chelicerae and pedipalps hang from the front of its monstrous face as it pounces.

Giant harvestmen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones) are much like their smaller relatives. These long legged arachnids hunt down their prey using superior size and strength to subdue prey. Like monstrous spiders they have keen eyes and a relative ease at hiding and creeping, getting close to their prey before rushing in. Unlike spiders they lack webs and poison, relying solely on their size and fangs to bring down prey.

Combat

Giant Harvestmen rarely attempt to prey on anything as large as a large human, attacking primarily due to extreme hunger or if threatened. They have only one combat option which is their powerful bite. In many ways they serve the same combat function as a weaker dire wolf (they have the same CR because they are closer to CR 3s such as ogres than to CR 2s... dire wolves are just about the strongest beefstick at CR 3 though).

Skills: Giant Harvestmen have a +4 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks, and a +8 racial bonus to Climb and Spot checks. A giant harvestman can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

Zaydos
2015-07-27, 02:58 PM
Spider "Templates"

The following are intended to be used to make more varied varieties of monstrous spiders. These are fairly simple and each one only modifies a few traits. As such they will not be in full template format. Some may have CR modifications, but take them with a grain of salt; for example a bell diver doesn't have a listed CR increase but unless the party has reach and is prepared for underwater combat it is significantly more threatening at high sizes than a regular monstrous spider, though I do not think it is in and of itself enough stronger to justify a CR increase (water encounters are generally harder unless a party is prepared, monstrous spiders size up poorly against equal CR elementals at higher CRs).

Asphodel: Native to the Gray Waste, Asphodel spiders can be either web-spinners or hunting spiders. They gain a +4 racial bonus on saves versus poison, and their poison deals Int, Wis, and Cha damage instead of Strength damage. Their CR is approximately the same as few characters use all three, but it does make them less potent against low level melee, more potent against casters, and more likely to take out a character in a single bite at high levels which may justify a CR increase on Colossal spiders.

Bell-Diver: A bell-diver spider is a variety of spider which hunts by diving underwater in an air bubble which it creates. They are neither web-spinners or hunting spiders, but use the latter's skill bonuses (+10 to jump, +4 to hide, +8 to spot, +8 to climb, may use Dex instead of Strength) except they also gain a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard, can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered, can use the run action while swimming provided it swims in a straight line, and can use Dex instead of Str on Swim checks. A bell-diver spider has a swim speed equal to its climb speed, and surrounds itself with an air bubble (this is an Ex special quality). This air bubble extends out from the spider up to 1/2 their natural reach and the spider can swim despite this (by reaching outside of the bubble). A creature smaller than the bubble may find itself stuck floating at the surface of the bubble unless they can stand on water or fly.

Cannibalistic: A cannibalistic spider is a variety of spider which hunts other spiders. They may be web-spinners or hunting spiders. Cannibalistic spiders may move freely through the webs of other spiders, gain a +4 to checks and saves against webs (including the web spell), and a +4 racial bonus to saves versus poison which increases to +8 against spider poison.

Funnel-Web: Australian funnel-web spiders possess some of the deadliest spider venom on Earth. The monstrous variety is no different. Web-spinning spiders, funnel-web spiders have a +3 racial bonus to their poison save DCs, their poison deals damage as shown on the table below. Their CR is increased by 1; they are potentially more deadly even than that but their lower save DC, worse to hit, and significantly worse hp compared to a monstrous scorpion makes up for the doubled poison damage

SizePoison Damage
Tiny1d4 Con (DC 13)
Small1d6 Con (DC 14)
Medium1d8 Con (DC 15)
Large1d10 Con (DC 16)
Huge2d6 Con (DC 19)
Gargantuan2d8 Con (DC 23)
Colossal3d6 Con (DC 31)

Widow: The various 'widows', black, brown, and red, are some of the most infamous spiders. Web-spinning spiders their neurotoxins inflict nerve damage. They have a +2 racial bonus to their poison save DCs and deal damage as shown on the table below. Their CR is increased by 1, though they are weaker than funnel spiders and noticeably weaker than scorpions and at the higher CRs may not be worth the increase (despite their poison being noticeably more deadly than a centipede's). As an option a creature that rolls a nat 1 on their save versus monstrous widow poison takes drain instead of damage; this helps make up the CR difference, but should not be used at low (1-3) levels, or in campaigns where magical healing is especially hard to come by.

SizePoison Damage
Tiny1d4 Dex (DC 12)
Small1d6 Dex (DC 13)
Medium1d8 Dex (DC 14)
Large1d10 Dex (DC 15)
Huge2d6 Dex (DC 18)
Gargantuan2d8 Dex (DC 22)
Colossal3d6 Dex (DC 30)

2015-07-27, 06:13 PM
This nightmare fuel is Khepri-approved! :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2015-07-28, 03:30 PM
Spiderbear
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 7d10+35 (73 hp)
Initiative: +1
Armor Class: 17 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+20
Attack: Claw +15 melee (1d6+8 and improved grab)
Full Attack: 4 Claws +15 melee (1d6+8 and improved grab) and Bite +12 melee (2d6+4 and poison)
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Scent, Tremorsense 60 ft
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 27, Dex 13, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +16, Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Multiattack, Weapon Focus (Claw)
Environment: Temperate forest.
Organization: Solitary or pair.
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None.
Alignment: Always true neutral
Advancement: 8-11 HD (Large) 12-19 HD (Huge)

The creature before you resembles a bear, if they loped about on six legs instead of four, and bore three pairs of out-thrusting round eyes. Its mouth opens wide, needle like protrusions extending from before its teeth.

Spiderbears are, like many other hybrid creatures the result of a transmuter’s research into the magical modification of life. Part brown bear and part wolf spider, they are vicious predators which will prowl forests on the hunt for any creature their size or smaller.

Combat:
Spiderbears rush towards foes grabbing them with their powerful claws and biting into them injecting their strength sapping poison. When a creature is no longer able to resist they will carry it back to their lair and devour it.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a spiderbear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Poison (Ex): A spiderbear’s bite carries a powerful poison. This poison has a Fortitude save DC of 18 (Constitution based) and has initial and secondary damage of 1d6 Strength.

Skills: A spiderbear gains a +8 racial bonus on climb checks. A spiderbear can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.

Debihuman
2015-07-28, 04:08 PM
Natural attacks are never iterative. Improved grab doesn't belong in full attack either.

Full Attack: 4 Claws +15 melee (1d8+8) and bite +13 melee (2d6+ poison)

I'm not usually a fan of Improved Natural Attack and in this case it does too much damage for CR 6; Bump up the CR to 7. VT's CR estimator is pretty good for a rough guess. On average the attack does 57 points of damage. It's overpowered. Also, no reason the poison should cause that much Str damage.

Debby

Zaydos
2015-07-28, 05:07 PM
Natural attacks are never iterative. Improved grab doesn't belong in full attack either.

Full Attack: 4 Claws +15 melee (1d8+8) and bite +13 melee (2d6+ poison)

I'm not usually a fan of Improved Natural Attack and in this case it does too much damage for CR 6; Bump up the CR to 7. VT's CR estimator is pretty good for a rough guess. On average the attack does 57 points of damage. It's overpowered. Also, no reason the poison should cause that much Str damage.

Debby

Dropped the feat (switched it for WF), upped the CR to 7, dropped a hit die (to lower attack/grapple reducing damage dealt), but upped its Con (to make up some of the lost hit points), the poison was based on Huge Monstrous Spider's d8 (CR 5) but dropped it to be equal to a Large Monstrous Spider's d6. Only actually gave it INA because brown bears deal more than standard claw/bite damage and INA would make it match up

It still deals more damage than a dire bear if all attacks hit (dire bear deals 44) but it has 32 less hp, 4 worse to hit with its claws means its less likely to actually deal that damage, and 4 worse on grapple checks means that unless 2 saves are failed against the poison it has a harder time holding you than a dire bear. So it should be less of a threat than a dire bear in a straight no strategy fight, but its climb speed and tremorsense give it a better ability to use the environment, it lacks the animal type (so it's more of a threat to druids) and should hopefully be usable as an interesting alternative threat.

Debihuman
2015-07-29, 12:58 PM
Dropped the feat (switched it for WF), upped the CR to 7, dropped a hit die (to lower attack/grapple reducing damage dealt), but upped its Con (to make up some of the lost hit points), the poison was based on Huge Monstrous Spider's d8 (CR 5) but dropped it to be equal to a Large Monstrous Spider's d6. Only actually gave it INA because brown bears deal more than standard claw/bite damage and INA would make it match up

It still deals more damage than a dire bear if all attacks hit (dire bear deals 44) but it has 32 less hp, 4 worse to hit with its claws means its less likely to actually deal that damage, and 4 worse on grapple checks means that unless 2 saves are failed against the poison it has a harder time holding you than a dire bear. So it should be less of a threat than a dire bear in a straight no strategy fight, but its climb speed and tremorsense give it a better ability to use the environment, it lacks the animal type (so it's more of a threat to druids) and should hopefully be usable as an interesting alternative threat.

It has more attacks than a dire bear but a dire bear has 12 HD and this has 7. Technically because the CR is so high it's gonna be a glass-jawed creature. It doesn't have the capability to take as much damage as it gives.

Debby

Zaydos
2015-08-28, 01:47 PM
Spider Shepherd
Large Aberration (Psionic)
Hit Dice: 5d8+25 (47 hp)
Speed: 50 ft (10 squares), climb 20 ft
Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d6+5 and poison)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+5 and poison)
Special Attacks: Command Spiders, Poison, Psi-like abilities.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Arachnid Telepathy, Mind of Twilight, Poison Healing
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +4
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 14, Con 21, Int 6/14, Wis 11, Cha 10/14
Skills: Climb +13, Concentration +8 (+16 during twilight), Listen +6 (+10 during twilight), Spot +2 (+10 during twilight), Survival +4 (+8 during twilight).
Feats: Ability Focus (Mind Thrust), Alertness, Skill Focus (Concentration)
Environment: Temperate and cold hills and mountains.
Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (3-8) and entourage (1-4 spider creatures each)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Half standard.
Alignment: Usually True Neutral/Lawful Neutral during twilight hours.

Spider shepherds are in ways reminiscent of a drider, they have a human-like though still chitin covered torso rising from a spider’s thorax. They possess a strangely flat face with two smooth “horns” rising up from the top, and a relatively small mouth. They have two arms ending in sharp claws, venom injectors hidden beneath the claws. Spider Shepherds possess psionic powers and the ability to command and control spider-creatures including such sapient species as driders and ettercaps, but these are merely their most mundane powers. Two traits hold Spider Shepherds apart from most species. Their intelligence fluctuates during the day, going from quite low by human standards to brilliant twice a day. The second is their “gods” or “wise ones” which maintain a constant intelligence and wield semi-divine powers by birth.

Spider Shepherds speak their own language and during twilight hours two others of races that live in their immediate surroundings usually Common and one of Dwarven, Giant, Orcish, or Goblin.

Combat:

Spider Shepherds use their mental powers to attack from afar while enslaved spider creatures engage their foes in melee combat.
Arachnid Telepathy (Su): A spider shepherd may communicate with spider creatures telepathically out to 100-ft.

Command Spiders (Su): As a standard action a Spider Shepherd may attempt to control a spider creature (this includes any type of spider or part spider creature such as Ettercap or drider; spider shepherds are immune to this effect) within 100-ft, a Will save (DC 12, or 14 during twilight, DC is Charisma based) negates this effect. This functions as Dominate Monster except that it may affect mindless creatures as if it were not a mind-affecting effect. A Spider Shepherd may use this ability up to 3 times per day and may only have 4 spider creatures affected by this ability at a time. If they already have 4 under its sway and use this ability again even if the ability fails one of the four previous creatures is freed.

Mind of Twilight: A Spider Shepherd’s intelligence varies based upon time. If it is twilight on the surface they have a +4 racial bonus to Intelligence and Charisma, if it is not they instead have a -4 racial penalty to Intelligence. A spider shepherd which is swimming or underground uses the condition of the surface above them, and one that is flying uses the condition of the surface below them. A Spider Shepherd in outer space treats it as a perpetual twilight though few are aware of this. This is an influence in Spider Shepherds living in northern latitudes and mountain valleys.

Poison (Ex): A Spider Shepherd’s claws bear a poison which inflicts 1d6 Dexterity damage as initial and secondary damage (Fort DC 17 negates, DC is Con based).

Poison Healing (Ex): Spider Shepherds are immune to poison, and the first time they would suffer the effects of a specific type of poison each day they instead heal 2 times their Constitution modifier (so 10 total) hp.

Psi-like Abilities (Ps): 1/day Ego Whip (DC 13, 15 during twilight); 3/day: Mind Thrust (5d10, DC 15, 17 during twilight), Empty Mind. Manifester Level: 5.

Spider Shepherd God
Large Aberration (Psionic)
Hit Dice: 8d8+48 (88 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 50 ft (10 squares), climb 20 ft
Armor Class: 14 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+15
Attack: Claw +10 melee (1d6+6 and poison)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +10 melee (1d6+6 and poison)
Special Attacks: Command Spiders, Poison, Psi-like abilities, Deific Wrath, Spell-like Abilities, Lay on Hands (15), Deadly Touch (15).
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Arachnid Telepathy, Poison Healing, Lesser Godly Mind, Divine Recuperation, Divine Vigor
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +9
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 12, Con 23, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 20
Skills: Climb +13, Concentration +16, Diplomacy +15, Listen +11, Sense Motive +15, Spot +11, Survival +8.
Feats: Ability Focus (Mind Thrust), Alertness, Skill Focus (Concentration), Poisonous Wrath (new feat, see below).
Environment: Temperate and cold hills and mountains.
Organization: Community (1-5 and 5-50 times as many spider shepherds).
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: NPC.
Alignment: Usually Lawful Neutral.
Advancement: By character class (normally Incarnation).

The gods of the spider shepherds, also called wise ones, are physical entities which are fully extant on the Prime Material Plane. Mechanically they are modified Spider Shepherds (they are always in Twilight mode) with the elite array and typically at least 3 levels in Incarnation. The majority (>90%) are 3rd level Incarnations at adulthood, and by youth they possess at least 1 level in the class. All Spider Shepherd gods have the Spider Domain, and Law, Protection, Community, and Family are the most common second domains. The above example god has, before racial modifiers: Str 14, Dex 8, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 16.
Combat
Command Spiders (Su): A Spider Shepherd god adds ½ their Incarnation level to the number of spider creatures they can control at one time. The DC is 18.
Poison (Ex): DC 20.
Psi-like Abilities: A Spider Shepherd god adds their Incarnation level to their racial ML. DC is typically 19 (21 for Mind Thrust).
Deific Wrath: 3d6 damage to a target within 50 ft. Once used must wait 4 rounds to use it again.
Domains: This Spider Shepherd god has the Spider (SpC) and Law Domains granting them the associated domain abilities. In addition they may use the following spell-like abilities: Calm Emotions and Summon Swarm 1/day, and Protection from Chaos and Spider Climb 2/day. Caster level 3 except for Protection from Chaos which benefits from the Law Domain granted power to be CL 4.
Lesser Godly Mind: Grants immunity to charm/dominate.

Zaydos
2015-08-31, 10:58 AM
Mind Spider
Large Magical Beast (Psionic)
Hit Dice: 6d10+18 (59 hp)
Armor Class: 21 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural, +6 inertial armor), touch 12, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+13
Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4 and poison)
Special Attacks: Mind-web, Poison, Psionics
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, Ethereal Jaunt, low-light vision, mind jump, Telepathy
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +5
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 16
Skills: Climb +11, Bluff +9, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +12, Gather Information +8, Knowledge (any one) +9, Listen +8, Sense Motive +11, Spot +8
Feats: Ability Focus (Mind-web), MindsightToM, Psionic EndowmentXPH
Environment: Any urban or underground.
Organization: Solitary or Throne (1 Mind-Spider and 2-5 Phase Spiders).
Challenge Rating: 7
Alignment: Usually Lawful Evil

Ethereal Jaunt (Su): A mind-spider can shift from the Ethereal Plane to the Material Plane as a free action, and shift back again as a standard action. The ability is otherwise identical with ethereal jaunt (caster level 15th).

Mind-web (Su): A mind-spider can weave a web of telepathic energies into the mind of another creature. A mind-spider can read the surface thoughts of any creature in this web as a standard action (as if using Detect Thoughts) and can communicate with them telepathically across any distance as long as they are on the same or a conterminous plane. Bringing a creature into the mind-web requires them to be within the mind-spider’s telepathy range and a standard action on the mind-spider’s part. An unwilling creature is allowed a Will save (DC 17, Cha based) to resist and on a failure is not aware of the intrusion. A mind-spider may only have a number of creatures, not including itself, in this web equal to its Charisma modifier, and removing a creature requires a standard action (with no range limit).

Mind Jump (Ps): 3 times per day, as a standard action, a mind-spider may transport itself to any creature within its mind-web as long as that creature is on the same or a conterminous plane. This otherwise functions as Greater Teleport and is considered the equivalent of a 6th level psionic power.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 17, initial and secondary damage 1d8 Int. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Psionics: A mind-spider has the psionic abilities of a 5th level telepath. This grants them 32 power points, and 11 powers known. Save DCs 13 + power level before augmentation.
Typical Telepath Powers Known: 1st: Empty Mind, Energy Ray (+10 ranged touch), Inertial Armor, Psionic Charm, Vigor. 2nd: Psionic Lock, Psionic Suggestion, Specified Energy Adaptation. 3rd: Body Adjustment, Dispel Psionics.

Telepathy (Su): A mind-spider has telepathy with a 100-ft range. Unlike normal telepathy a mind-spider’s telepathy may reach across the planes allowing a mind-spider to use its telepathy to communicate with creatures in conterminous planes.

Zaydos
2015-09-08, 02:02 PM
Kereberos Spider
Medium Outsider (Lawful)
Hit Dice: 18d8+90 (171 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 50 ft (10 squares), climb 25 ft
Armor Class: 28 (+4 Dex, +10 natural, +4 deflection), touch 18, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+26
Attack: Bite +26 melee (1d6+12 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +26 melee (1d6+12 and poison)
Special Attacks: Emancipate Spawn, Ghost Touch, Poison, Soul Mark, Spell-like Abilities, Trace Teleport.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, DR 10/chaos, Acid Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, Electricity Resistance 10, Fire Resistance 10, Outsider Traits, Poison Immunity, Reflective Spell Resistance 28, Profane Grace, Tremorsense 60-ft
Saves: Fort +20, Ref +19, Will +18
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 19, Con 20, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 19
Skills: Climb +41, Concentration +26, Hide +29, Jump +24, Knowledge (Arcana) +23, Knowledge (Religion) +23, Move Silently +25, Spellcraft +23, Spot +32, Use Magic Device +25
Feats: Ability Focus (Slay Living), Ability Focus (Poison), DarkstalkerLoM, Improved Initiative, Power Attack
Environment: Acheron.
Challenge Rating: 14
Treasure: No coins, no gems/jewelry, double goods.

The creations of a Lawful death god(dess) with no objections about Evil. Kereberos spiders are dedicated to protecting the boundary between life and death. Their primary purpose is similar to that of Maruts, they are hunters that kill those who would cheat death. Whether this is a priest who casually disregards the power of Death by common and widespread use of resurrection magic, the mage who would become a lich without paying the proper respect to the gods, or others who would undermine the power of Death. Kereberos spiders are cruel, often sadistic in their actions, but ultimately absolutely loyal to the gods who command them. They are sent out as divine assassins bringing death to those who thought they had conquered it.

Combat:

Emancipate Spawn (Su): Three times per day a kereberos spider may, as a standard action, cause any single undead within 60 ft to be freed from its creator’s control. This only affects undead which are under their creator’s control due to their method of being created.
Ghost Touch (Su): A kereberos spider may bite incorporeal creatures as if they were wielding ghost touch weapons.
Poison (Ex): A kereberos spider’s bite carries a particularly virulent poison. This poison’s initial and secondary damage is 2d6 Strength and Constitution damage, with a Fortitude save DC of 26 (save DC is Constitution based). In addition a kereberos spider’s poison may affect undead creatures and constructs which were formerly living creatures despite their lack of Constitution score and type based immunities to (physical) ability damage and poison; against creatures which lack a Constitution score the poison only deals Strength damage.
Reflective Spell Resistance (Su): A kereberos spider possesses Reflective Spell Resistance. This functions like Spell Resistance but if the spell could be validly reflected with Spell Turning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellTurning.htm) it is reflected as if with Spell Turning.
Soul Mark (Su): Any creature with a kereberos spider’s poison flowing through it (living creatures metabolize it in 24 hours, unloving creatures don’t ever metabolize it naturally) when it dies or is destroyed has their soul marked by the deity of death which sent the kereberos spider and cannot be revived without direct divine intervention. A kereberos spider may inject its venom into the corpse, or ashes, of a creature which has died within the last 10 minutes to have the same effect.
Spell-like Abilities: Continuous (self only): Arcane Sight, True Seeing, Death Ward; At-will: Greater Dispel Magic, Greater Teleport (self and 50 lbs only), Greater Plane Shift (self and 50 lbs only); 3/day Wraithstrike, Slay Living (+26 to hit, DC 21), Antimagic Ray, Disintegrate (+22 to hit, 34d6 damage, Fort DC 20). Caster Level: 17.
Trace Teleport (Su): Whenever a creature that the kereberos spider can see teleports they can instinctively sense where they shifted to and to what plane and may follow with either Greater Teleport or Greater Plane Shift.

Zaydos
2015-09-08, 02:46 PM
Azure Spinner
Small Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 3d10+3 (19 hp)
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), climb 20 ft
Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-1
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4 and poison)
Special Attacks: Poison, Web.
Special Qualities: Clumsy Manipulators, Darkvision 60 ft, Natural Meldshaper, Tremorsense 60 ft
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +11, Craft (Weaving) +5, Hide +8*, Move Silently +4*, Sense Motive +3, Spot +6
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Midnight Dodge.
Environment: Warm and Temperate Mountains and Underground.
Organization: Clutter (3-6), or village (10d10).
Treasure: Standard.
Alignment: Usually True Neutral.
Level Adjustment: +2

Before you is a small, well by spider standards quite large, spider its body a dark blue which seems to sparkle in the light. Strangely around it is the ghost blue energy that you know as incarnum.

Azure spiders are natural meldshapers, wielders of the Magic of Incarnum (for more information on Incarnum check out Magic of Incarnum). They live in small villages or "dens" little more than thorps or hamlets by human standards. Many consider them little more than cunning beasts which naturally congregate in herds, but the more intelligent specimens are capable of human speech and comparing on par with humans mentally. They are natural and compulsive craftsmen, capable of producing web of a variety of colors by eating the proper plants and are known to create intricate weaves and even engage in trade with neighboring, usually dwarven, humanoids exchanging tapestries and clothes for food and tools.

Combat:
An azure-spinner relies upon their soulshaping to give them the advantage in combat. Depending upon the bound and shaped soulmelds they may take a variety of tactics and roles.
Clumsy Manipulators: An azure-spinner has only clumsy fine manipulators and suffer a -4 penalty to weapon attacks and any attempt to use sophisticated tools.
Natural Meldshaper: All azure-spinners are able to "spin", as they call it, soulmelds. They may shape 3 soulmelds from the Incarnate class list, and possess 2 essentia (this is in addition to the 1 from the Midnight Dodge feat). In addition they may form one chakra bind. This racial chakra bind may be to any chakra, but azure-spinners do not have any chakra except the three least chakras open for other purposes. Despite their inhuman body azure-spinners possess all chakra locations, using their hindmost legs as feet, their midsection as throat, the middle of of their thorax as waist, back as shoulders, pedipalps as hands, front legs as arms, thorax as heart, entire body as soul, their head and eyes/mouth are crown and face respectively.
Poison (Ex/Su): An azure-spinner's poison has an initial and secondary damage of 1d4 Strength damage with a Fort save DC of 12 (Con based). They may invest essentia into their poison (this is supernatural) in which case it gets +1 to its (Strength) damage and saving throw DC per point of invested essentia.
Web (Ex/Su): A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size. Azure-spinners can throw a web eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to medium size. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check (DC 12) or burst it with a Strength check (DC 16). The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus.

Azure-spinners often create sheets of sticky webbing up to 10 ft square. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has the hit points given on the table, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—.

An azure-spinner can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.

An azure-spinner may also invest essentia into its webs. While it has essentia invested into its webs all webs it has made on the same plane as it gain 5 additional hit points (these hit points are lost last not first so it is possible for webs to simply vanish when the spider divests essentia from them) and a +1 to the DC to break or escape them.

Skills: Azure-spinners have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Spot checks, a +6 racial bonus on Craft (Weaving) checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. An azure-spinner can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Azure-spinners use either their Strength or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, whichever is higher. When using their webs an azure-spinner's hide bonus increase to +8 and they gain a +8 racial bonus to Move Silently.
+6 racial to Craft (Weaving).

Azure-spinner characters possess the following racial traits.

+6 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, and +2 Wisdom.
Small size (+1 to AC and attack rolls, +4 to hide, -4 to grapple, and several other combat maneuver checks).
An azure spinner’s base land speed is 30 feet, in addition they possess a Climb speed of 20 ft which grants them a +8 racial bonus on climb checks and the ability to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Azure-spinners use either their Strength or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks whichever is higher.
Racial Hit Dice: An azure-spinner begins with three levels of magical beast, which provide 3d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +1.
Racial Skills: An azure spinner’s magical beast levels give it skill points equal to 6 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Craft (Weaving), Hide, Move Silently, Sense Motive, and Spot.
Racial Feats: An azure-spinner's magical beast levels give it two feats.
+1 natural armor bonus.
+4 racial bonus on Hide and Spot checks.
+6 racial bonus on Craft (Weaving) checks.
+8 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks when using their own web (this does not stack with the previous racial bonus to Hide).
Natural Weapon: A bite attack which is a primary natural weapon dealing 1d4 damage and inflicting poison.
Darkvision: 60 ft
Tremorsense: 60 ft
Clumsy Manipulators: An azure-spinner has only clumsy fine manipulators and suffer a -4 penalty to weapon attacks and any attempt to use sophisticated tools.
Natural Meldshaper: All azure-spinners are able to "spin", as they call it, soulmelds. They may shape 3 soulmelds from the Incarnate class list, and possess 2 essentia (this is in addition to the 1 from the Midnight Dodge feat). In addition they may form one chakra bind. This racial chakra bind may be to any chakra, but azure-spinners do not have any chakra except the three least chakras open for other purposes. Despite their inhuman body azure-spinners possess all chakra locations, using their hindmost legs as feet, their midsection as throat, the middle of of their thorax as waist, back as shoulders, pedipalps as hands, front legs as arms, thorax as heart, entire body as soul, their head and eyes/mouth are crown and face respectively.
Poison (Ex/Su): An azure-spinner's poison has an initial and secondary damage of 1d4 Strength damage with a Fort save DC of 12 (Con based). They may invest essentia into their poison (this is supernatural) in which case it gets +1 to its (Strength) damage and saving throw DC per point of invested essentia.
Web (Ex/Su): A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size. Azure-spinners can throw a web eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to medium size. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check (DC 12) or burst it with a Strength check (DC 16). The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus. Azure-spinners often create sheets of sticky webbing up to 10 ft square. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has the hit points given on the table, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—. An azure-spinner can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web. An azure-spinner may also invest essentia into its webs. While it has essentia invested into its webs all webs it has made on the same plane as it gain 5 additional hit points (these hit points are lost last not first so it is possible for webs to simply vanish when the spider divests essentia from them) and a +1 to the DC to break or escape them.
Automatic Languages: Azure-Spinner; Common if Int 10+. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Orc.
Favored Class: Incarnate.
Level adjustment +2.

EdroGrimshell
2015-09-09, 01:18 PM
Azure Spinner
Small Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 3d8+3 (16 hp)
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), climb 20 ft
Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-1
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4 and poison)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d4 and poison)
Special Attacks: Poison, Web.
Special Qualities: Clumsy Manipulators, Darkvision 60 ft, Natural Meldshaper, Tremorsense 60 ft
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +11, Craft (Weaving) +5, Hide +8*, Move Silently +4*, Sense Motive +3, Spot +6
Feats: Weapon Finesse,
Environment: Warm and Temperate Mountains and Underground.
Organization: Clutter (3-6), or village (10d10).
Treasure: Standard.
Alignment: Usually True Neutral.
Level Adjustment: +2

Before you is a small, well by spider standards quite large, spider its body a dark blue which seems to sparkle in the light. Strangely around it is the ghost blue energy that you know as incarnum.

Azure spiders are natural meldshapers, wielders of the Magic of Incarnum (for more information on Incarnum check out Magic of Incarnum). They live in small villages or "dens" little more than thorps or hamlets by human standards. Many consider them little more than cunning beasts which naturally congregate in herds, but the more intelligent specimens are capable of human speech and comparing on par with humans mentally. They are natural and compulsive craftsmen, capable of producing web of a variety of colors by eating the proper plants and are known to create intricate weaves and even engage in trade with neighboring, usually dwarven, humanoids exchanging tapestries and clothes for food and tools.

Combat:
An azure-spinner relies upon their soulshaping to give them the advantage in combat. Depending upon the bound and shaped soulmelds they may take a variety of tactics and roles.
Natural Meldshaper: All azure-spinners are able to "spin", as they call it, soulmelds. They may shape 3 soulmelds from the Incarnate class list, and possess 2 essentia. In addition they may form one chakra bind. This racial chakra bind may be to any chakra, but azure-spinners do not have any chakra except the three least chakras open for other purposes. Despite their inhuman body azure-spinners possess all chakra locations, using their hindmost legs as feet, their midsection as throat, the middle of of their thorax as waist, back as shoulders, pedipalps as hands, front legs as arms, thorax as heart, entire body as soul, their head and eyes/mouth are crown and face respectively.
Web (Ex/Su): A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size. Azure-spinners can throw a web eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to medium size. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check (DC 12) or burst it with a Strength check (DC 16). The check DCs are Constitution-based, and the Strength check DC includes a +4 racial bonus.

Azure-spinners often create sheets of sticky webbing up to 10 ft square. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot section has the hit points given on the table, and sheet webs have damage reduction 5/—.

An azure-spinner can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.

An azure-spinner may also invest essentia into its webs. While it has essentia invested into its webs all webs it has made on the same plane as it gain 5 additional hit points (these hit points are lost last not first so it is possible for webs to simply vanish when the spider divests essentia from them) and a +1 to the DC to break or escape them.

Skills: Azure-spinners have a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Spot checks, a +6 racial bonus on Craft (Weaving) checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. A monstrous spider can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Monstrous spiders use either their Strength or Dexterity modifier for Climb checks, whichever is higher. When using their webs an azure-spinner's hide bonus increase to +8 and they gain a +8 racial bonus to Move Silently.
+6 racial to Craft (Weaving).

Can we get Racial Traits for these? Like, a specific racial stat block? Because I'd love to use these little guys in a game.

Zaydos
2015-09-09, 01:47 PM
Can we get Racial Traits for these? Like, a specific racial stat block? Because I'd love to use these little guys in a game.

Consider it done. As a warning I sort of guessed at the ECL, and forget whether they had clumsy manipulators at that point.

Debihuman
2015-09-09, 04:15 PM
Spider Shepherd God

I'm a bit confused as to why a "god" of the spider shepherds would only have 3 more HD than a regular spider shepherds. it looks like these 3 HD should reflect 3 levels of Incarnate that you forgot to add.

An Incarnate uses d6 what are the correct HD?

It appears that it should also have divine rank 0 to explain the excess racial modifiers.

Poison needs to be defined or is it exactly as the spider shepherd?

Not a fan of the mind of twilight ability as it requires constant adjustment. Define twilight as a game mechanic since I don't think this done anywhere. I would guess as an hour after sunrise and an hour before sunset but that isn't much time. Also this is an Extraordinary ability. I am confused why a time of day affects affects a flying creature differently from a swimming one.

How long does it take for the connection to be made by mind-web?

Debby