PDA

View Full Version : Favorite snipewarp spells

Ionari
2007-04-29, 12:53 AM
So, the spellwarp sniper can take low- to mid-level spells and turn them into rays. What are some of the best spells to apply this snipewarping to? I can see how a spell like fireball might benefit moderately - give up the ability to affect multiple targets, submit to a ranged attack roll, and in return get the ability to deny that darned enemy rogue his Reflex save + Evasion combo. Nice, but not *that* hot. (Except for the aforementioned rogue). Seems like it would be useful only in special situations.

Am I missing something? Are there any spells that unambiguously benefit, in almost all situations, from being snipewarped? Are there any spells that benefit a LOT from being snipewarped in particular, specialized situations?

(Arcane *or* divine spells - the PrC descript doesn't limit itself to arcane casting)

Innis Cabal
2007-04-29, 12:55 AM
i think its a really neat idea, not an alpha/omega PrC but the fact you can change things to rays is nice. forget what the level is for it but Maw of Teeth would be fun times

ImperiousLeader
2007-04-29, 10:08 AM
What you want are spells that also inflict a condition on a failed reflex save. Since warping the spell into a ray now removes the save, you get a rather nice spell that only requires you to hit the target. My favourite is "Wings of Flurry" (Races of the Dragon), which used to daze for 1 round on a failed Reflex. Spellwarped, it's now a no-save daze, plus you get CLd6 force damage with no cap. The disadvantages are that it's limited to 40 ft. and it's a Sorcerer-only spell.