PDA

View Full Version : Please help to remember a class?

Uncle Half
2015-07-03, 02:52 PM
Greetings everyone!
I ran into a little obstacle there - my memory to be precise - and because of that i just canot remember a name of a class i've read about some time ago.
Some details i remember about this class: it is an order (?) of agents that serve their masters as some sort of grim reapers, they travel the world and collect souls their masters require to be collected (and by collected i mean killed first). Then, before the night rest, agents must meditate to communicate with their masters and send them collected souls. If they dont, they start suffering penalties until returning to their duty.
That's all i managed to remember right now, but maybe something more will come up to my mind, and i'll post it there. Thank you for your attention!

ZamielVanWeber
2015-07-03, 07:28 PM
Do you remember if this is third party? A variety of search terms on google is giving me lets of homebrew and references to homebrew, but nothing on classes. I find this most often happens when the material is 3rd party.

The Vagabond
2015-07-03, 08:42 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is the Souleater (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/souleater) Prestige Class from Pathfinder.

Venger
2015-07-03, 09:05 PM
Greetings everyone!
I ran into a little obstacle there - my memory to be precise - and because of that i just canot remember a name of a class i've read about some time ago.
Some details i remember about this class: it is an order (?) of agents that serve their masters as some sort of grim reapers, they travel the world and collect souls their masters require to be collected (and by collected i mean killed first). Then, before the night rest, agents must meditate to communicate with their masters and send them collected souls. If they dont, they start suffering penalties until returning to their duty.
That's all i managed to remember right now, but maybe something more will come up to my mind, and i'll post it there. Thank you for your attention!

this is not a published 3.5 prestige class.

did you read it in a printed book? if so, do you remember if there was a picture? art is often a helpful way to remember ingredients.

did you see it online, or was it from a dragon magazine?

soul eater sounds kind of right, but it doesn't have anything about emailing the souls to your boss or getting penalties.

Uncle Half
2015-07-03, 11:59 PM
If only it was that simple... If none of you can remember it, it must have been homebrew. I've seen it somewhere in the web. But definitley not in the book or magazine.
No, definitley not the souleater. This "order" thing is not evil, more like neutral.
One more thing, before joining the order, the character must apply for membership in life. When character dies, if he qualifies, he gets resurrected as a member of this order.

atemu1234
2015-07-04, 12:09 AM
Greetings everyone!

This sounds like the plot of an anime, or perhaps a good book.

Uncle Half
2015-07-04, 12:42 AM
This sounds like the plot of an anime, or perhaps a good book.

Yeah, maybe. And that is why i am trying to remember it.

Venger
2015-07-04, 10:29 AM
If only it was that simple... If none of you can remember it, it must have been homebrew. I've seen it somewhere in the web, (place) maybe? But definitley not in the book or magazine.
No, definitley not the souleater. This "order" thing is not evil, more like neutral.
One more thing, before joining the order, the character must apply for membership in life. When character dies, if he qualifies, he gets resurrected as a member of this order.

Well, that's not necessarily true. I don't really know much about pf, so it might be one of their classes.

Please don't mention that site by name (and edit your post if you'd be so kind) it makes it get taken down. in any case, I am pretty sure it wasn't there, they only have printed 3.5 content.

is it possible you saw it on dandwiki?

Uncle Half
2015-07-04, 10:43 AM
...possible you saw it on dandwiki?
Possible. Going to check it out, thanks for the tip.

UPD: Yes! Found it! http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Soul_Reaper_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)

Venger
2015-07-04, 10:55 AM
Great. Glad we could help you.

atemu1234
2015-07-04, 10:57 AM
Possible. Going to check it out, thanks for the tip.

If so, burn it and run.

Sian
2015-07-04, 10:59 AM
If so, burn it and run.

Best idea you've ever had :smallcool:

atemu1234
2015-07-04, 11:00 AM
Best idea you've ever had :smallcool:

I don't think you listen to me that often, judging by that statement.

Sian
2015-07-04, 11:02 AM
I don't think you listen to me that often, judging by that statement.

thats mainly because i read forums, not having software to read it out loud :smallbiggrin: