PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse Project Common Plaza [IC]

AirApparent
2015-07-03, 10:47 PM
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/taste/mc23_guildpact.jpg
Ravnica: Promenade Market

It's a busy day in this bustling market, filled with people buying and selling, guilded and guildless. Children chase after a poor homunculus who appears to be a bit lost. A Boros patrol watches the crowds, ever vigilant for wrongdoings. Merchants ply their wares, some waiting until out of the Azorius Lawgiver's earshot before continuing. A fire-juggler with flaming tattoos that flicker and flare like real flames has attracted a small crowd of adult and children, human and goblin alike. A few Izzet techinicians are babbling away about the new machines strapped to their backs, drawing up illusory schematics to prove their points.

Just a typical day in a typical market in Ravnica.

Lizard Lord
2015-07-03, 11:55 PM
Cadag appears in a reddish light. He looks around to observe his surroundings, ignoring the odd looks that his sudden appearance earned him. Once his bearing are straight Cadag will a respectable nod to the Boros patrol before heading towards Sunhome. He has a report to give.

Not sure if I need to roll to figure out how to get to Sunhome in relevance to where I am now, but I'm going to go ahead and do so anyways. Expertise (Ravnica): [roll0]

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-05, 04:51 AM
Ahhhh, Ravnica. thought Bor as he planeswalked in. Crossroads for all those who walk between worlds.

I should be able to find someone to help me here.

Bor strode across the marketplace, stopping occasionally to look at a stall's wares. His eyes darted around, looking for anyone with the spark. He hoped that they would stand out against the already colourful backdrop of the City of Guilds.

Tacitus
2015-07-05, 07:31 AM
Mashiro the Ethereal

At one of the many stalls a simple merchant is pushing her wares, simple baubles and trinkets to the throng when she notices that a vaguely humanoid figure has taken an interest in an object hanging from one of the support posts of her stall. She has seen a number of odd creatures in the marketplace, but the pale white flesh and almost impossibly long limbs of the creature mark it as one of the most unique. As she watches the creature's face seems to take on a sheen, either from beading sweat or a silvery tint to mimic the mirror into which the creature seems to be gazing. Though the creature's face is entirely featureless it still seems to direct its attention from where eyes would be on the rounded blank slate and she hesitates for a moment as she looks over his rather dirty form and tattered black trousers.

Just as she is about to step forward to ask if he sees anything he likes his arms seem to shrink back to a length proportional to his six and a half foot frame and a whisper of sound and rush of wind signals the unsummoning of a nearby creature that she had not noticed. With the grace and tact of a true merchant she sidles up to the figure and notices the rather simple mirror the figure has fixated upon, "A keen ey- err, yes, you certainly seem to know quality. This piece is both elegantly designed by the finest craftsmen and is also quiet affordable." She pauses for a moment to let the customer disparage the piece in an attempt to haggle down the as yet unstated price, but the figure does not even move a single muscle. When several more moment pass and it does not even seem to breathe she comes to the conclusion it must be some sort of fleshy golem.

The merchant takes another step closer to look over the sleek lines of the creature's pale flesh and scrunches her brow in confusion, "Are you some construct on an errand? Do you need direction?" When no answers are forthcoming from the figure for several more minutes she leaves the creature for other customers but finally returns with a worried look spread across her features. She calls for a Wojek and once a sergeant come rounds she explains the figure is unresponsive and seems to have a fascination with the mirror. She is worried about what reaction it might have upon further stimulus and the sergeant agrees to stand by in case he is needed. With only barely trembling fingers she returns to the figure, takes hold of the mirror and lifts it from its hook, and pulls it away slowly. The figure's head turns only slightly as the mirror is taken away but once it is no longer directly facing the space where its face should be it animates.

"-amnation!"

Mashiro reels back from the now bare support post and throws his arms up in front of his blank face as several small strangled sounds echo around his head. He stumbles into those walking past behind him, but after a few quick apologies there seems to be no harm done. Though his face remains still and a single arm remains raised at approximately eye level the merchant woman feels the weight of his attention settle upon her, "Thank you for removing the mirror. Care should be taken when displaying mirrored surfaces publically lest the multitude imprint the mirror with their frustrations and greed." His focus wanes as his head tilts back for a moment and the voice echoes around his head again with a sigh, "This sun is not my own, but were I one to dabble in the sins of gambling I would wager two or three hours." His head lowers to a neutral position again, "Again, thank you for my freedom, and I am saddened to say I have nothing but gratitude in return for this kindness." His focus drifts to the Wojek sergeant, "Have I lingered too long?"

The Wojek glances to the merchant woman, but she shakes her head and the sergeant shrugs to the figure, "She seems not to mind, but if you have no business here, I suggest moving along so as to allow others a less crowded experience here in the market. You're not a vagrant, are you?"

Mashiro tilts his head to one side as he considers this, "Vagrant? No. Traveler, perhaps. I have only been in the city for a few hours. I'll be here for a short while at least,m and then I expect I'll find somewhere to move on to." His head tilts back to position and he bows perhaps a hair too deeply to the merchant and lowers his arm as he walks back out into the crowd.

BlueHerring
2015-07-05, 07:55 AM
"Seriously? That's the best quality vial you can give me? The glass isn't properly blown, and I can see the impurities! I'm surprised the Izzet League hasn't put you out of business!"

Near one of the stalls, a black-haired woman in a dark blue coat was haggling arguing with a merchant over several products.

"I assure you, ma'am. Resh's Wares always carries the fin-" "est wares, yes, I know. That's why I'm mad. If you were some two-bit stall, I wouldn't be here. I need these things for my supplies, and I'm better off joining the League and using their quartermasters. But I'd rather not, so get this fixed. If I can't even get a proper vial, then what's the point?"

"Ah, yes, ma'am. I will."

Zera sighed and shook her head. She said farewell to the stall owner and headed away. She was looking around, when someone bumped back into her. She looked around, and saw a rather tall... person(?) speaking with one of the Wejok sergeant. She couldn't hear him(?) clearly, except for one thing: "Vagrant? No. Traveler, perhaps. I have only been in the city for a few hours. I'll be here for a short while at least,m and then I expect I'll find somewhere to move on to."

Huh. Now, that's interesting.

As the person(?) walks back into the crowd, Zera follows along. After they are a fair distance away, Zera taps on its(?) shoulder, and asks in a voice just loud enough to be heard, but soft enough not to be overheard.

"You're not from around here, are you?"

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-05, 10:36 AM
"Hail!" shouts Bor, quickly closing the distance between himself and the two newcomers. "Might I assume that both of you are from... places farther afield than most here are familiar with?"

I can only hope that I can gather some aid from them. If not, Innistrad may be completely lost.

"I came here seeking aid. I would be willing trade favours for this boon if you were willing. Is there something that either of you require some assistance with?"

Tacitus
2015-07-05, 06:48 PM
Switching over to Dark Green for speech, as it fits better than dark blue.

As Zera's hand reaches Mashiro's shoulder he pulls away ever so slightly, but not so much as to foil the tap. His head twitches in a rather unsettling manner as his back straightens and joints pop all across his body as he raises to a full six foot six. Though his head does not turn to face her, Zera can feel the weight of his gaze shift back to her, "No, most certainly not. Too many people, too many buildings." It is at this moment that Bor calls towards them, and Mashiro's focus leaves Zera for him, "That would be dependent on the type of aid being sought. What I am seeking is nothing so simple as the asking."

AirApparent
2015-07-05, 09:17 PM
Cadag appears in a reddish light. He looks around to observe his surroundings, ignoring the odd looks that his sudden appearance earned him. Once his bearing are straight Cadag will a respectable nod to the Boros patrol before heading towards Sunhome. He has a report to give.

Not sure if I need to roll to figure out how to get to Sunhome in relevance to where I am now, but I'm going to go ahead and do so anyways. Expertise (Ravnica): [roll0]

Realizing his position near the Transguild Promenade, Cadag knows that the quickest route to Sunhome (about a day by either route that avoids Rakdos territory is involves crossing through either a sector of Izzet laboratories or an abandoned area of those labs destroyed and reclaimed by Burning-Tree clansmen. He walks off and into his own thread.

Lokyar
2015-07-05, 11:16 PM
A soft flash of light in an alleyway goes unnoticed in the mid-day chaos of the marketplace and a moment later a pair of women exit and join the stream of bodies. Their garb, a pair of flowing kimonos (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65113&d=1436146540), is uncommon but not so rare as to draw more than a few interested eyes. The fox-like features of the woman in red and the fox-featured mask of the one in white likewise draws a few more but in a busy trade center such as this they were used to all sorts and it seems like they will be able to go about their business undeterred. Despite this the shorter, masked woman seems to be glancing around furtively.

"Nitsu, they're staring at me again..."

The taller fox-faced woman, Nitsu, glanced about and sighed softly. "They are not, Kaya. A few are turning to look because that is what people do when something interesting walks by, after which they will resume what they were doing. We are interesting, they will look, and then everyone continues with their day happy." She turned to smile warmly at a group of young boys who were staring a bit too openly, and a moment later they run off chattering excitedly to each other.

Kaya continued to glance around suspiciously as though looking for evidence to the contrary. "We shouldn't have come here."

"You cannot whine about missing dango for three days straight and not expect a market trip to be in our future."

"...I shouldn't have come here." she muttered more softly.

"Yes, I know what you meant, and enough of that. I wanted a pleasant market day and I wouldn't have had one if you'd kept yourself buried in the garden again. We do need to go out now and again. Speaking of, have you found the rice flour?"

Kaya paused for a moment and lifted a hand to her mask, pulling up the bottom slightly to get better airflow to her nose, and sniffed softly. "The next path over, on the right, forty feet down. Next to th-" she paused and tensed up. Nitsu drew closer at the obvious distress. "A kami. Fully manifest."

Nitsu's ears perked as she filtered out the raucous noises around her, picking out the faint strains of divine song from the location her partner had indicated. Kaya clutched Nitsu's sleeve urgently. "We should go."

"I hardly think it is has hunted us all this way, Kaya, and even if it has it is a zubera. If it thinks to accost us we will break it's form and send it back to it's master. Now come, if they have rice flour who knows what else they may have."

Nitsu carefully extracted Kaya's hand from her sleeve and held it as she pulled her towards the stall with their target and the unexpected complication.

BlueHerring
2015-07-06, 03:49 AM
Zera flinched as the figure stretched to his full height - an entire foot taller than her. She regained her composure

"Well, welcome to Ravnica. It's city for the most part, so you've come to the wrong place if you're not looking for that," Zera paused, as a third person joined them in the bustling market.

Assistance, hmm? If this person is also a planeswalker, he could help me out...

"There is something I could use help with, but that's going to depend on what you're asking. A favor in proportion for the task, if you will."

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-06, 01:38 PM
"It is a matter of some difficulty, I will admit. Know this however, that I will gladly do any task you ask of me should you help me with mine. This I swear."

A heavy price I pay for you all.

"If you accept, then I will tell you more. If not, then I will bid you a good day and seek help elsewhere."

He nods slightly at the end, waiting to the answer.

Tacitus
2015-07-06, 02:42 PM
Mashiro turns his body to face Bor, face gleaming with a faint metallic sheen, "You ask for aid, for unknown persons to come with you on your journey, but when you urge the seed of truth to grow you do not lay out fertile soil. The import is in the journey not the destination, but offering insight to the desired objective is polite."

BlueHerring
2015-07-06, 03:02 PM
These two spent too much time on flowery speech, that much Zera knew. Still, what the tall one had said was true. If they didn't know about the job, there was nothing they could do.

"Likewise, you're not giving us very much to go by. I really am not averse to helping, but I can't offer without knowing more."

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-06, 03:03 PM
Bor considered these words, turning them over in his head and finally nodding his head once more.

"Yes, I suppose you are right. I am, perhaps, too wary but I assure you there is a sound reason for my apprehension."

He breathes deep and a flash of concentration burst into his eyes.

"What do either of you know of the plane of Innistrad? I assure you, the tales that manage to escape are far lighter than those that remain within its' clutches.

"I seek the means to bolster it's defenses, to create an equal to the Lady Avacyn. I have heard... rumours in my time wandering about how Lady Avacyn came to be. Rumours that point to the fact that one of our kind created her to defend the humans of the plane and that the means to replicate such a feat remain buried on the plane.

"I seek your aid, wanderers, in finding that magic. I will speak plain, Innistrad has never been the most hospitable of places and I worry that it has only degenerated in my time away. As I said, I will serve you in your task if you serve alongside me in mine.

"There are those who would try and stop me. They worry that in doing what I seek to accomplish I will bring the eyes of much greater enemies upon Innistrad. I say to them 'What greater enemy is there than the eternal fear that lies in the heart of all innocents on this plane?'

"What say you? Will you join me?"

BlueHerring
2015-07-06, 03:23 PM
Zera tapped a finger on her chin for several long moments. What he was proposing was on an astounding scale. She'd heard the stories about this 'Innistrad' and it's famous guardian angel, but to replicate such a feat...

Would be worthy of any artificer.

"The sheer magnitude of what you're proposing is... astounding, to say the least. This doesn't sound like any small sort of magical undertaking, either. Are you sure about this? It's possible that Innistrad can't handle something like this. It could put too much strain on the plane...

Still, it is a fascinating proposal. I do not mind looking into the issue, but I cannot make any guarantees on whether we can recreate such a feat."

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-06, 03:44 PM
Bor sighs."I know that it seems impossible but the wonderous thing is that it has already been done! We know that it is possible to do what I seek because of the Lady's presence!

"And even if it is not possible to replicate such a feat, we might learn something else that can aid the people! I refuse to accept that any plane, even the dark heart of Innistrad, is so far blackened that there is nothing that can be done to save it!"

Bor pauses, his breath slightly rushed after his speech. He breathes deep and continues on.

"Please understand, this is no mere act of charity. This is no flight of fantasy that I happened upon one summer's eve and wish to pursue for excitement or 'adventure.'

"These are my people. What deed would either of you not seek to accomplish if your homes were under constant threat?" His eyes are pleading, weary from wandering and seeking bare rumours to aid his damaged world.

"I would ask that you hold a small hope in your hearts that this task will succeed in any measure. Please, say no more "it might not be" or "it could be too much." We must not, even in small measure, give into doubt. I do thank you for your offer of aid, my lady. I only ask that you enter into the Midnight Plane with eyes and heart clothed in hope not despair." He smiles, clearly grateful to the lady for her help.

Tacitus
2015-07-06, 04:09 PM
Mashiro tilts his head to one side and repeats in Bor's voice, "Innistrad. Lady Avacyn." His head jerks suddenly and tilts the other direction, "No, I have not heard of these things. You propose to... build a person? I am not sure I understand. I am not adverse to helping, but I cannot build things. I am a monk, not versed in the magic of bringing reflections out of mirrors. Would strength of arms and purity of soul aid in this endevour?" As if to punctuate this point his body seems to subtly shift, his muscles rippling under his pale flesh and almost seeming to inflate as he more than doubles his body mass in raw muscle and he exudes an aura of raw power that bleeds spiritual power from his very pores.

For my own record
Agility 5->2
Stamina 8->2
Strength 2->11

BlueHerring
2015-07-06, 07:47 PM
Zera glanced away as the man mentioned home. She wouldn't do such a thing for Esper, after what happened to her...

"I suppose that you're in luck. I'm an artificer myself. Now, while I can look into it, I can't say for sure whether it can be done. I'm not talking without hope or anything; I'm looking at things logistically. I'll try my best, but we'll need more than three people to do this."

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-07, 10:18 AM
"My good... man? It is an act of creation that I seek to do. I know not *how* such a thing is possible, but I know with every certainty that it IS possible for a wanderer to do it.

"As for you, dear artificer, I acknowledge that we need more people but I would suggest that we move to find the knowledge of how before we actually attempt such a feat. I appreciate your assistance and your clear head on this." Bor bows to the two Planeswalkers and doffs his tricorn hat to them.

BlueHerring
2015-07-07, 11:19 AM
Zera tapped her left heel against the ground as she considered the possibilities. She'd read about Innistrad from a journal that she'd traded for, and creating something similar to this... Avacyn would be monumental, to say the least. But, for now, she was missing too many pieces.

"Say, how did you figure out that this was possible?"

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-07, 01:06 PM
"Rumours torn from the taverns of any plane aware of Innistrad, small pieces of information cobbled together from fragments of half whispers, even the soul of a dead man in one particularly interesting instance. It matters little how I found out in any case as we need to get moving. Delays are... unfavourable for us in our current circumstance." Bor looks apprehensive, as if physically affected by the lack of genuine action.

"The sooner we leave for the Midnight Plane, the better a chance I would suppose we would have. Please, let us go."

Tacitus
2015-07-07, 11:01 PM
Mashiro returns the bow, hands pressed together in front of him and for a moment it seems as though the focus of his attention has gone entirely. He does not bow as deeply as Bor, and returns to an upright position first, "This Innistrad is not anywhere that I have ever been, so if it is possible to guide another through the void, you will have to lead the way. Is there anything we need to know about this Innistrad before we venture there? I doubt it can be bizarre beyond where I've been, but knowledge of impending immediate danger would be welcome. Beyond that, I am ready." If Bor moves to leave immediately, he will attempt to follow.

BlueHerring
2015-07-08, 01:46 AM
This man is impatient. He hasn't even given us his name, has asked us for a favor, and wants us to planeswalk with him. I'll have to see if he's really on my side...

Zera checks her belt for a moment, and nods.

"It should be possible to lead others, yes. I'm about as ready for this as I'll ever be, so lead the way."

Lokyar
2015-07-08, 01:50 AM
<I don't like where your thoughts are heading.>

<I haven't said a word.>

<I know you, and I know where your thoughts are heading. And I do not like it.>

<They are talking about creating a being, at least partially spiritual, on a massive scale. Possibly on the level of a major kami.>

<And you want to help them do that!?>

<I'm mildly interested, yes, by the sound if it their plane could use a devoted defensive presence. Not every form of spirit succumbs to the hubris of the kami. But more important is this knowledge he's speaking of that would be necessary to create it. Understanding more about the nature of cosmic level spirits would be a monumental step towards loosening their grip on kamigawa, perhaps even limit the myojins' access to the mortal plane.>

< . . . >

<Liking where my thoughts are heading now?>

<You're very unattractive when you're gloating.>

<And you're a terrible liar.>

<I still don't trust that zubera.>

<It's shown zero interest in us and is moments from leaving. If it's a servant of a kami then it's one that isn't here for us and by it's own account it's a brute force combatant. As long as we don't let down our guard around it we have nothing to fear.>

<...fine.>

"If you wish to undertake an act of spiritual genesis like this you will need a ritualist with a foundation in such matters. Fortunately there are two such experts standing before you." A well-dressed woman stepped forward, closing her embroidered hand-fan to reveal a smile undeniably kindly despite the vulpine features that might normally make such an expression seem predatory. Standing at her immediate side was a smaller woman in a white kimono with a stylized porcelain fox mask, her posture screaming 'imminent flight or fight response'. "We are Inpei-Ae. I am Nitsu, this is Kaya."

Tacitus
2015-07-08, 05:39 AM
Though the blank faced figure does not turn to regard the two women they can each in turn feel the weight of his attention upon them. He contemplates summoning his guards to greet them, but instead speaks plainly, "Greetings from the Budoka, kitsune."

BlueHerring
2015-07-08, 08:06 AM
Zera smiled politely at the two others who had come to join the crowd, and moved her left hand back, ever so slightly. Bor and the two ladies would be able to see a hint of silver at Zera's side, obscured under her cloak. She spent some time glancing between the faceless person and the woman with the fox mask.

Budoka? Is that his name?

"Well, I'm sure that your help will be appreciated. Ironic as it may be, I already know more about you two than both our eager friend and our faceless one," Zera paused for a second, letting her words sink in. "I am Zera, an artificer from the plane of Alara."

Priest_Of_Banjo
2015-07-08, 10:47 AM
"Ah! New allies!" Bor says in excited tones. "My apologies for not saying earlier but I am known as Bor. I am... well I suppose was a warden for my home on Innistrad.

"My thanks, good wanderers. I appreciate your help in this matter. I would greatly enjoy hearing more about your home planes much later, but as for right now, I would suggest we walk to Innistrad. I am certain we can guide others through the darkness between worlds." He smiles but still waits patiently for the others.

Tacitus
2015-07-08, 08:54 PM
The zubera tilts his head to one side as his focus shifts to Zera and then back to Bor, "Ah, yes. I do apologize, I've been... indisposed for such a long time that manners are not my strong suit, and life as a monk in quiet contemplation does little to cultivate social relations. My name is my own, but what I am now is to be called Mashiro."

BlueHerring
2015-07-10, 10:44 AM
Zera nodded, and folded her arms once more. Her coat settled back, concealing whatever was on the inside of her coat.

"So, I suppose we shall be off? Bor, you should go first, since it's your home."

Lokyar
2015-07-11, 01:12 AM
"Greetings from the Budoka, kitsune."

The white robed woman removes the fox mask to reveal a nezumi female, grey-silver fur and large keen eyes over a cloth face mask. "We are neither of kitsune nor nezumi any longer, spirit. The budoka were fair to us in hard times, as repayment of that kindness I will view you as a stranger."

Her kitsuna companion gave a long-suffering sigh and bowed slightly to the faceless zubera. "My apologies, Mashiro-san, but considering our history with the kami and their servants she really does intend that as a kindness."

Tacitus
2015-07-12, 03:16 AM
Mashiro's gaze flickers across his fellow Kamigawa natives and he inclines his head and gives a small conciliatory wave of the hand, "As we have never met, I can ask for nothing more. I will note, however, that if you are no kitsune nor nezumi, then never have I been a spirit. I am Budoka, no matter what the Kami War of old did to me."