PDA

View Full Version : Great luck, happened to you?

1337_master
2007-04-29, 11:59 AM
I was recently talking to my Friend about RPGs, and He told be about some odd adventures he has had, which involved great luck, have you ever done something that would be impossible, but got a natural twenty or something?

Dausuul
2007-04-29, 12:15 PM
I was recently talking to my Friend about RPGs, and He told be about some odd adventures he has had, which involved great luck, have you ever done something that would be impossible, but got a natural twenty or something?

In a 2E game, fighting the BBEG. We were something like 9th level. The BBEG cast a gate spell; the next round, a demon lord was going to come through and eat us all. In desperation, I cast dispel magic on the gate and got a natural 20. The gate vanished and the BBEG didn't have another one prepared...

Baerdog7
2007-04-29, 12:21 PM
A while back I was playing a Soulknife/Pryokineticist. We got to the BBEG of the dungeon (but still just an LBEG in the big scheme of things) who had managed to fool most of our party into thinking it was a damsel in distress before revealing that it was a changeling that wanted to, well, kill us. My soulknife charges in and does just enough damage to force a massive damage save and the changeling fails, dieing.

Sure, the party wasn't really in trouble and we didn't really have to have this guy taken out in one round, but it happened and it's one of those things that makes you feel good and sticks with you for a while. Especially when you do it with an "underpowered" soulknife.

-Baerdog7