PDA

View Full Version : (Drop Dead Studios) Skybourne Races Playtest

Adam Meyers
2015-07-04, 03:43 PM
Drop Dead Studios has just released its initial playtest document for the Skybourne Player's Guide!

This release includes new races, new racial archetypes, and a whole lot of other new info.

While far from a complete 1st draft of all the information that will appear in the Player's Guide to Skybourne, it's at the point where we'd love to get feedback from the community on all the new things we're doing.

Give it a look if you'd like and let us know what you think! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/11W3T2Rt8ppD3bfmhaAl8gDBlDO7n-uLpVRxlSgjpBJA/edit?usp=sharing)

Kaidinah
2015-10-08, 02:26 AM
Hi! I am a big fan of Spheres of Power and I supported the Skybourne Kickstarter. Thank you for posting this playtest here!

Bringing new, setting specific fluff to the old favorites such as Aasimar is very welcome.

Alraun are really cool. I like their diversity and the multiple hooks given to GMs with their fluff. I'd usually be worried about the +4 mental stat, but the penalties are fair and this is a setting specific race that can't abuse a vancian casting system. Also, the Bodysnatcher is grade A cool!

The feats to expand upon the variants of Alraun are also a nice touch. They really help differentiate them, and mostly seem strong and useful. How does mixed toxicity work with poisons without gold costs, such as those from bestiary entries, if at all? If it doesn't work, I recommend providing wording to allow them to.

I will cover the rest of the races later, but I have to sleep now.

Edit: I just realized this was posted in Roleplaying Games instead of 3E/3.5/d20. I think you would get more replies in that forum and not here.