PDA

View Full Version : WoD List of Playable Creatures in nWoD

Milo v3
2015-07-05, 09:52 PM
What are all the different playable monsters in nWoD? I know about the monsters that have lines dedicated to them like changelings, vampires, and sin-eaters, but in one book I saw a playable monster type called Possessed so I'm now wondering what other creatures are in the game that don't have a game-line dedicated to them.

Aliens (Infinite Macabre)
Atlanteans (Mirror)
Banishers (Mage the Awakening)
Beasts
Betrayed (Vampire the Requiem)
Blood Bathers (Immortals)
Body Thieves (Immortals)
Changelings
Cihuateteo (Vampire the Requiem)
Dampyr (Vampire the Requiem)
Demons
Dhampirs (Mirror)
Extraordinary Mortals (Mirror)
Ferals (Changing Breeds)
Fetches (Changeling the Lost)
Formosae (Vampire the Requiem)
Ghouls (Vampire the Requiem)
Ghûls (Vampire the Requiem)
Heros (Mirror)
Historic Elder Vampires (Vampire the Requiem)
Humans
Hunters
Innocents (Innocents)
Jiang-Shi (Vampire the Requiem)
King Elder Vampires (Vampire the Requiem)
Mages
Mummies
Possessed (Inferno)
Prometheans
Proximi (Mage the Awakening)
Psychics (Second Sight)
Purified (Immortals)
Shapechangers (Werewolf the Forsaken)
Shuankhsen (Mummy the Curse)
Sin-Eaters
Skin Thieves (Skinchangers)
Slashers (Hunter the Vigil)
Sleepwalkers (Mage the Awakening)
Stigmatic (Demons the Descent)
Thaumaturges (Second Sight)
Unfleshed (Promethean the Created)
Vampires
Wargaz (Mirror)
Werewolves
Wolf-Blooded (Werewolf the Forsaken)

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-06, 03:13 AM
Off the top.of my head, ones with rules (not all are intended for PC use) are:
-Vampires
-Ghouls
-Ghuls (mythological ghouls)
-Jiang-shi (less liberties taken than in oWoD)
-Fomorsae (vampires who feed on fat instead of blood)
-Werewolves
-Wolf Blooded
-Mages
-Proximi
-Prometheans
-Changelings
-Sin-Eaters
-Mummies
-Beasts
-Unchained
-Possessed (older version of demons)
-Slashers
-Various types of Immortals

I'm missing at least a few half-splats though.

Milo v3
2015-07-06, 04:24 AM
I've heard of Proximi as a creature type, but all I could find on them was a merit, rather than a creature type. Was it expanded in a book?

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-06, 05:48 AM
I've heard of Proximi as a creature type, but all I could find on them was a merit, rather than a creature type. Was it expanded in a book?

Wolf Blooded were expanded to a full half-splat (including some that resemble mythological and stereotypical werewolves apparently) in 2e, I'm not sure if Proximi are expanded in a 1e book but they are getting a treatment similar to ghouls and wolf-blooded in 2e (I won't be surprised if any games missing a half splat get one). They should definitely be a full option when 2e is out.

Milo v3
2015-07-06, 09:17 AM
Okay, in my search I've found:

Changelings
Demons
Hunters
Humans
Mages
Mummies
Prometheans
Sin-Eaters
Vampires
Werewolves
Fetches (Changeling the Lost)
Stigmatic (Demons the Descent)
Slashers (Hunter the Vigil)
Sleepwalkers (Mage the Awakening)
Proximi (Mage the Awakening)
Banishers (Mage the Awakening)
Shuankhsen (Mummy the Curse)
Unfleshed (Promethean the Created)
Ghouls (Vampire the Requiem)
Historic Elder Vampires (Vampire the Requiem)
King Elder Vampires (Vampire the Requiem)
Betrayed (Vampire the Requiem)
Wolf-Blooded (Werewolf the Forsaken)
Shapechangers (Werewolf the Forsaken)
Ferals (Changing Breeds)
Blood Bathers (Immortals)
Body Thieves (Immortals)
Purified (Immortals)
Possessed (Inferno)
Innocents (Innocents)
Aliens (Infinite Macabre)
Extraordinary Mortals (Mirror)
Atlanteans (Mirror)
Dhampirs (Mirror)
Wargaz (Mirror)
Heros (Mirror)
Psychics (Second Sight)
Thaumaturges (Second Sight)
Skin Thieves (Skinchangers)

What books are those three types of vampires from?

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-06, 10:08 AM
Ghuls, Fomorsae, and Jiangshi? 1e versions are in Night Horrors: the Wicked Dead I believe, the Jiangshi got upgraded to a Clan in one of the 2e settings ('The Triangle') which has no specialty discipline (they get Animalism, Celerity, and Obfuscate) and have a strange Clan Bane which basically removes what stops people from remembering a Vampire's bite, and really want to sleep in their 'grave' (where they were embraced to the last place they performed a heart-transplant ritual on themselves). I believe that there are supposed to still be some Wicked Dead versions in the city, it is explicitly the newer ones who form the pseudo-clan, with the possibility of them evolving into a full clan if the Storyteller wishes (I'm considering giving them a domain-based discipline to build on the 'grave' thing they already have). Ghuls get a few nifty powers and immortality at the expense of cannibalism, and Fomorsae drain fat and vitae (but not blood) from their victims, before storing the vitae in fatty deposits (which does not go away when the vitae is used but simply becomes inert before being shed in torpor, the book includes a rough guide for weight by Blood Fat Potency). Ghuls and old Jiangshi have BP 0, Fomorsae and new Jiangshi have normal Blood Potency.

It's not intended, but you could, in theory, have a Strix as a PC. It would require some minor changes (Shadow Potency instead of Blood Potency, you don't have the constant vitae-drain, loss of Mask and Dirge in exchange for a single Vice, can spend Willpower for healing Corpus), and some adjudication (do you want the simplified or full attributes to be used?). I do plan to at some point run a pre-history campaign where 5 PCs playing Srix possessed corpses must find a way to halt and reverse the corpse's decay. This will eventually lead them to discover synthesis and found the 5 Clans (Daeva, Gangrel, Mekhet, Nosferatu, and Ventrue, the Juli are an attempt by the Strix later on to replace a Clan in my canon).

Milo v3
2015-07-06, 09:11 PM
Okay, it seems a friend of mine had a PDF of that Night Horrors book, and with a look it seemed like Cihuateteo and Dampyr are also playable from it.

One Tin Soldier
2015-07-07, 10:10 AM
Don't forget Beasts! The full book may not be out yet, but you can definitely play one using the preview rules.

There is no Beast half-splat, though, and Heroes are specifically not for player characters.

Milo v3
2015-07-07, 10:22 AM
Don't forget Beasts! The full book may not be out yet, but you can definitely play one using the preview rules.

There is no Beast half-splat, though, and Heroes are specifically not for player characters.

Oh, didn't know there was a preview. I'll add it to the list.

edit: I am now slightly disappointed the introduction discussing the Dark Mother didn't mention Nyx. Literally a dark mother who births monsters and who's physical body is the semi-abstract existance of Night.

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-07, 11:21 AM
Oh, didn't know there was a preview. I'll add it to the list.

edit: I am now slightly disappointed the introduction discussing the Dark Mother didn't mention Nyx. Literally a dark mother who births monsters and who's physical body is the semi-abstract existance of Night.

I'm not sure if that bit has been left in or not, I really have no idea what they are doing with Beasts other than moving from 'primordial monsters who may be the first splat and thus have no special purpose' (really, in a game like that I can give them something to do, 'the Beast must feed' sounds like it could work like 'the wolf must hunt'* in Forsaken 1e) to 'people who decided to become monsters in order to scare humanity straight'. It's not like I wanted something different, it's not like anybody already explicitly does this *cough*Lancea et Sanctum*cough* and I thought the idea of Heroes as people who persecute Beasts for being too careless in essence was awesome (I mean, they now sound like the good guys, although I have not checked the Hero creation mechanics yet). I mean, I could deal with Beasts being given something to do, as long as it didn't justify Heroes and make Beasts jerks. Maybe Beasts are meant to use their Lairs to record the world around them and seek out the Lairs of ancient Beasts to help supernaturals learn from the past? A Beast's hunger can tie into this, with their Lair changing and accumulating mementos or quirks based upon their hunts. Much more interesting than Boogeyman: the Slightly Scary.

* I loved how the Storyteller was suggested to keep it more subtle back then, underpinning the session but not making the entire game revolve around the hunt.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-07, 02:12 PM
Heroes are specifically not for player characters.

That said, the template's mechanics are complete enough that it's technically playable anyways if you so choose.

*looks up Nyx*

Yeah, that is weird. That said, the Dark Mother does get linked to Echidna (the literal "mother of monsters" in Greek mythology) seemingly every tenth page or so.

(I mean, they now sound like the good guys, although I have not checked the Hero creation mechanics yet)

I just checked the relevant chapters of the second draft and the only mechanical changes are:

Heroes are born, not made, though someone still generally has to have Integrity 4 or lower before they feel inclined to act on their Heroic impulses.
As such, things that previously caused victims with sufficiently low Integrity to become Heroes instead attract any sufficiently low-Integrity Heroes in the area to the site of the disturbance like moths to a flame (and they automatically succeed at finding that location).
The "True King" Gift (the one that makes people Swayed) is gone. Instead, all active Heroes subconsciously reach out through the Primordial Dream in their sleep, finding mortals who have encountered the supernatural and aren't already Hunters and recruiting them that way (though the rules for this are left undefined, i.e.- to Storyteller fiat).
A Hero's followers have special (and quite potent) teamwork options.
There's a new Gift that suppresses Lair Traits.

Milo v3
2015-07-11, 07:52 AM
After looking at the God Machine update 2e... are psychics and thaumaturges still a thing? It looks like any mortal is potentially psychic now with supernatural merits now being a thing.

One Tin Soldier
2015-07-11, 03:08 PM
After looking at the God Machine update 2e... are psychics and thaumaturges still a thing? It looks like any mortal is potentially psychic now with supernatural merits now being a thing.

Well, keep in mind that all of the supernatural merits are only available at the ST's discretion. If I recall correctly, it actually encourages STs to not allow them if it wouldn't fit the game.

Think of it as having the option for psychics and thaumaturges in the core rules.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-11, 03:37 PM
One more change to Heroes I found that I hadn't noticed before: they no longer get punished for failing to regain willpower from their Legend at least once per day.

Milo v3
2015-07-12, 02:51 AM
After having bought 2e Werewolf now, I'm confused by wolf-blooded. They seem to have all the powers of a true werewolf except they have tells and can't take werewolf merits. I think I'm missing something :smallconfused:

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-12, 03:42 AM
After having bought 2e Werewolf now, I'm confused by wolf-blooded. They seem to have all the powers of a true werewolf except they have tells and can't take werewolf merits. I think I'm missing something :smallconfused:

As far as I know, I don't have Werewolf 2e, wolf blooded are identical to humans except for an immunity to Lunacy and some small part of Werewolf power based on their tell.

I just wish I could play Apocalypse with the rules. Vampire, and Mage translate alright.

Milo v3
2015-07-12, 04:07 AM
As far as I know, I don't have Werewolf 2e, wolf blooded are identical to humans except for an immunity to Lunacy and some small part of Werewolf power based on their tell.

I just wish I could play Apocalypse with the rules. Vampire, and Mage translate alright.

In my copy, the book says they are made using the werewolf creation rules except for:

Human virtue and vice.
Integrity instead of harmony
Get one tell.
Can select wolf-blooded merits.

Which means they would have all the powers of werewolves... But in the tells it implies there are some abilities that the wolf-blood lacks like a tell that grants them weakness to silver... It doesn't make sense.

The_Snark
2015-07-12, 04:08 AM

This is correct. Werewolves don't get all of the traditional werewolf powers; in fact they don't get any by default. They're basically regular humans with one supernatural trait (the Tell).

Milo v3
2015-07-12, 04:24 AM
Just found the other set of wolf-blood creation rules, which just have the lunacy immunity and a tell. It could be that the appendix modifies the earlier wolf-blood creation rules rather than the werewolf.... but that doesn't make sense, since the changes it would makes to the wolf-blood rules aren't changes, they're the default, there is nothing to change, and it refers to replacing things only the werewolf has, so it has to be referring to werewolves.... ugh... this is just stupid. :smallannoyed:

Menace
2015-07-12, 11:20 AM
It can be pretty much assured they don't get any Werewolf powers except for what's specifically listed.

The_Snark
2015-07-12, 03:06 PM
Just found the other set of wolf-blood creation rules, which just have the lunacy immunity and a tell. It could be that the appendix modifies the earlier wolf-blood creation rules rather than the werewolf.... but that doesn't make sense, since the changes it would makes to the wolf-blood rules aren't changes, they're the default, there is nothing to change, and it refers to replacing things only the werewolf has, so it has to be referring to werewolves.... ugh... this is just stupid. :smallannoyed:

It's really not that tricky. Page 90 has rules for creating Wolf-Blooded supporting cast members; if creating a Wolf-Blooded protagonist, it refers you to page 300 in the Wolf-Blooded appendix. This in turn refers you to back to the basic character creation rules on page 81, which (because this is the Werewolf book) are primarily addressing werewolves.

But it seems pretty obvious to me that when making a character who is not a werewolf, you skip Step 5 of standard character generation, "Add the Forsaken template". It's true that they don't explicitly state this, I suppose, but you're the first person I've encountered who found this confusing.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-12, 05:00 PM
It's really not that tricky. Page 90 has rules for creating Wolf-Blooded supporting cast members; if creating a Wolf-Blooded protagonist, it refers you to page 300 in the Wolf-Blooded appendix. This in turn refers you to back to the basic character creation rules on page 81, which (because this is the Werewolf book) are primarily addressing werewolves.

But it seems pretty obvious to me that when making a character who is not a werewolf, you skip Step 5 of standard character generation, "Add the Forsaken template". It's true that they don't explicitly state this, I suppose, but you're the first person I've encountered who found this confusing.

It's really not that tricky.

Page 90... refers you to page 300... in turn refers you to back to the basic character creation rules on page 81, which (because this is the Werewolf book) are primarily addressing werewolves.
skip Step 5 of standard character generation... It's true that they don't explicitly state this...

not that tricky

https://humorinamerica.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/poe_reading.jpg?w=300&h=171

The_Snark
2015-07-12, 05:09 PM
Hah. Okay, point, the book doesn't do a great job at laying it out. Nevertheless, the point remains that not giving the werewolf template to a non-werewolf seems really, really intuitive to me. My experience so far (not a huge sample size, but still 10+ people) indicates that I'm not alone here.

(I suppose this confusion wouldn't have arisen if the 2e books weren't written to stand alone; in the old nWoD books, it would have said "refer to standard mortal creation rules in page XX of a different book, then add the following bells and whistles". But the 2e books are meant to be self-contained, and so their basic summary of character generation concerns werewolves and vampires rather than standard-issue humans. I guess the appendix on Wolf-Blooded creation could have referred you to the mortal rules somewhere in chapter 4, which would have then referred you to basic character creation in chapter 3. I'm not sure this is an improvement, though.)

Milo v3
2015-07-12, 07:02 PM
Well, I just googled, and found another person complaining about this and when he said the editing should be better, he was verbally attacked for reading the rules as they are written... :smalleek:

So, it's saying "Okay, do all the same steps as making your character a werewolf, except change these steps". And it doesn't mention one of steps you need to change.... that's pretty stupid. It's assumed that all the steps are the same, because your getting the werewolf traits for everything else, the only exceptions are what is listed, and step 5 has no exceptions. :smallannoyed:

The_Snark
2015-07-12, 10:03 PM
It seems like a failure in the editing stage, yeah. I can see why it got overlooked — I didn't notice it at all until seeing this thread — but it would've been really easy to patch up too.

One Tin Soldier
2015-07-13, 11:17 PM
Yeah, that's exactly the kind of editing problems you get from people who are already familiar with the rules. I know I wouldn't catch it, because I already know how general WoD character creation works, but someone who has only read the Werewolf book would (clearly) be confused.

Rater202
2015-07-13, 11:29 PM
Well, I just googled, and found another person complaining about this and when he said the editing should be better, he was verbally attacked for reading the rules as they are written... :smalleek:

Ugggh. Was this on the Onyx Path forums?

Milo v3
2015-07-13, 11:35 PM
Ugggh. Was this on the Onyx Path forums?

Nah, I think it was a chan site.

Milo v3
2015-07-16, 12:05 AM
Another werewolf 2e question, it says that when your shapeshifting your shifting one step towards your goal form each time, and it also says that you can only go gauru once per scene. So... if your going from human form to wolf, your going to enter gauru during that, and then you'll be stuck in wolf and near-wolf forms until the next scene since you can't go gauru again, even though you only went gauru because you have to as part of going from one end of the scale to the other....?

Edit: Wait, it also says that if he takes gauru form he goes into death rage... that... how are you meant to transform into wolf form?

Edit: oh for godsake, eating cereal or toast is a breaking point for werewolves... that's just stupid. So if you eat 99% of foods, within a week you'll probably have 10 harmony and thus will basically be unplayable...

Edit: Is there any way to resist triggers... I mean... they're so harsh.

The_Snark
2015-07-16, 02:36 AM
Another werewolf 2e question, it says that when your shapeshifting your shifting one step towards your goal form each time, and it also says that you can only go gauru once per scene. So... if your going from human form to wolf, your going to enter gauru during that, and then you'll be stuck in wolf and near-wolf forms until the next scene since you can't go gauru again, even though you only went gauru because you have to as part of going from one end of the scale to the other....?

Edit: Wait, it also says that if he takes gauru form he goes into death rage... that... how are you meant to transform into wolf form?

I... don't think you have to shapeshift one form at a time? I can't remember any rule to that effect, anyway, and you're right that it would create weird issues. Pretty sure you're supposed to be able to shift straight from any form to any other form, no intermediate steps required.

Edit: oh for godsake, eating cereal or toast is a breaking point for werewolves... that's just stupid. So if you eat 99% of foods, within a week you'll probably have 10 harmony and thus will basically be unplayable...

Important caveat: that's only a breaking point if you have Harmony 3 or lower.

The formatting here is kind of bad, but if you look at the list you'll see that there's a line saying 'Harmony 8 or higher' under Towards Flesh, and a similar one saying 'Harmony 3 or lower' under Towards Spirit. I'm 99% certain that this is supposed to indicate that the breaking points beneath them only apply when you have extremely low/high Harmony.

So if you have Harmony 1-3, it's very easy to gain Harmony: ordinary human acts like spending time outside the spirit world or eating cereal will be breaking points towards flesh. If you have Harmony 8-10, then the opposite is true: relatively normal aspects of werewolf life, like spending time in the spirit world or leading a hunt, will start being troublesome. Extremely high/low Harmony is hard to maintain - this actually ends up being sort of beneficial, since balanced Harmony is generally the best way to go.

Unfortunately, the text saying 'Harmony 3 or lower' is listed as a bullet point rather than a header, so it blends right into the list of breaking points. I suppose it's possible that these are meant to be breaking points, not headers, but that interpretation just doesn't make sense: it becomes literally impossible to have Harmony above 7 or below 4. So I'm pretty sure this is another case of "the rules make sense, but the layout/formatting is bad".

Sort of? You can avoid them by trying to keep your Harmony balanced (at 5 you don't even suffer the specific trigger). If you run into a trigger, you can't resist it outright, but you enter 'soft rage' first; in this state, you can roll Resolve+Composure to spend a turn not attacking, and if you get an extraordinary success on that roll you can snap out of it entirely. Extraordinary successes aren't easy to get, but you can keep trying, and there's a Merit (Controlled Burn) to make it easier.

There are also some supernatural powers (the Elodoth auspice power, the Wisdom facet of the Gift of Rage) that can help here.

Blackdrop
2015-07-16, 02:45 AM

Can we get a page number on this? Cause I can't find anything about it being a step-by-step process in any of the relevant sections in the book. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Onyx Path editors left some piece of fluff that contradicts the crunch in the book.

You only enter Wasu-im if you remain in Gauru pass the Hishu Stamina+Primal Urge time limit. And since I question the "step-by-step" transformation, it isn't a problem at all.

And you'd be absolutely correct...if the blurb you're referring to didn't have a note that that breaking point only applies if you're Harmony was below 3.

No.

However, for clarifications sake, since you seem to be new the system and miss a few things (no shame in it and it certainly isn't helped by the fact that whoever edits these books shouldn't be trusted to the make sure 5 year olds are spelling their names correctly, let alone making sure that a book that we geeks are going treat as a legal document is arranged correctly), you only pick one set of triggers and you only use the trigger that your Harmony level says to use.

Edit: Goddamnit Snark, no one had posted to the thread for, like, 4 hours! Why did we post within 10 minutes of each other! :smallsmile:

Edit Edit: BTW Snark, you're still thinking of/using the old copy of the text. The final version has the "Harmony 3 or Below/Harmony 8 or Higher" as proper header, rather than a bullet

Milo v3
2015-07-16, 02:51 AM
I... don't think you have to shapeshift one form at a time? I can't remember any rule to that effect, anyway, and you're right that it would create weird issues. Pretty sure you're supposed to be able to shift straight from any form to any other form, no intermediate steps required.

Re-reading it, it seems that the steps thing happens when your stressed:

When the character is stressed — during combat, a chase, or when she feels threatened — she shifts one form towards an appropriate form each turn.

So out of combat should allow the transform right to wolf form... I think.

Important caveat: that's only a breaking point if you have Harmony 3 or lower.

The formatting here is kind of bad, but if you look at the list you'll see that there's a line saying 'Harmony 8 or higher' under Towards Flesh, and a similar one saying 'Harmony 3 or lower' under Towards Spirit. I'm 99% certain that this is supposed to indicate that the breaking points beneath them only apply when you have extremely low/high Harmony.

So if you have Harmony 1-3, it's very easy to gain Harmony: ordinary human acts like spending time outside the spirit world or eating cereal will be breaking points towards flesh. If you have Harmony 8-10, then the opposite is true: relatively normal aspects of werewolf life, like spending time in the spirit world or leading a hunt, will start being troublesome. Extremely high/low Harmony is hard to maintain - this actually ends up being sort of beneficial, since balanced Harmony is generally the best way to go.

Unfortunately, the text saying 'Harmony 3 or lower' is listed as a bullet point rather than a header, so it blends right into the list of breaking points. I suppose it's possible that these are meant to be breaking points, not headers, but that interpretation just doesn't make sense: it becomes literally impossible to have Harmony above 7 or below 4. So I'm pretty sure this is another case of "the rules make sense, but the layout/formatting is bad".
Thank god. Yeah I didn't notice the Harmony 3 or lower since it just blends into the others, that makes things much more manageable. Now my brother is joking about the idea that if your harmony goes to 3 it automatically is a breaking point and it goes back up to 4. That really should be underlined or something @_@

Sort of? You can avoid them by trying to keep your Harmony balanced (at 5 you don't even suffer the specific trigger). If you run into a trigger, you can't resist it outright, but you enter 'soft rage' first; in this state, you can roll Resolve+Composure to spend a turn not attacking, and if you get an extraordinary success on that roll you can snap out of it entirely. Extraordinary successes aren't easy to get, but you can keep trying, and there's a Merit (Controlled Burn) to make it easier.

There are also some supernatural powers (the Elodoth auspice power, the Wisdom facet of the Gift of Rage) that can help here.
Thats pretty horrible. If a changeling uses a clause to heal a werewolf, suddenly the werewolf goes into Wasu-Im unless they have harmony 5. Or your packmate uses a power to buff you...

you only pick one set of triggers and you only use the trigger that your Harmony level says to use.
Oh. So I just don't ever pick The Other ever.

The_Snark
2015-07-16, 03:14 AM
Re-reading it, it seems that the steps thing happens when your stressed:

When the character is stressed — during combat, a chase, or when she feels threatened — she shifts one form towards an appropriate form each turn.

So out of combat should allow the transform right to wolf form... I think.

Ah - that passage is talking about involuntary shifting under stress, which only applies to low-Harmony characters. As long as you have Harmony 4+ you don't need to worry about that.

(If you have Harmony 3 or lower, then do you suddenly lose the ability to go straight from Hishu to Urhan while under stress? I don't know how this is supposed to work. Don't have Harmony 3 or lower, it's a headache.)

Oh. So I just don't ever pick The Other ever.

Pretty much. Some of the triggers are harsher than others. Blood and Pack are probably the easiest to avoid, as long as you keep Harmony balanced; Moon and Territory will crop up occasionally but not too often; Wounds is very situational, but if/when that situation pops up then you're in trouble.

The Other is definitely the hardest to deal with. I feel like it might work better if you houseruled that other werewolves don't count? That way, you at least don't have to worry about your pack setting you off, although mixed-splat groups are still unworkable. And dealing with spirits would still be an issue, I suppose... I don't really know what they were thinking with this one.

(Although, it's worth noting that Death Rage is an advantage in a straight-up fight: no limit on time spent in Gauru, no wound penalties, and some Gifts get better. So for a certain type of character, I guess this might appeal? Maybe?)

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-16, 03:24 AM
Wait, I thought the Forsaken swapped shapes, instead of shape shifting. I want to be a wolf? Bam, wolf. Garau? I put my wolf form into my aura and take out my garau form.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-16, 08:27 AM
(no shame in it and it certainly isn't helped by the fact that whoever edits these books shouldn't be trusted to the make sure 5 year olds are spelling their names correctly, let alone making sure that a book that we geeks are going treat as a legal document is arranged correctly)

From what I can tell, Onyx Path has exactly one editor and she's working full-time on EX3.:smalltongue:

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-16, 08:34 AM
From what I can tell, Onyx Path has exactly one editor and she's working full-time on EX3.:smalltongue:

Wait, that's happening? I thought it was just a myth!

Next you'll say there's been a lot of argument over whether Sardonyx represents super strength well enough. :smallbiggrin:

TheCountAlucard
2015-07-16, 10:07 AM
From what I can tell, Onyx Path has exactly one editor and she's working full-time on EX3.:smalltongue:Ex3 already went through its editing phase, like, two phases ago. We're on the last step, where the layout's being bounced back and forth, and sending backer PDFs is the very next step.

Also I was sure the editing for Ex3 was done by Stephen Lea Sheppard. But I could well be wrong.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-16, 10:14 AM
Ex3 already went through its editing phase, like, two phases ago. We're on the last step, where the layout's being bounced back and forth, and sending backer PDFs is the very next step.

As far as I'm concerned editing and layout are the same thing.:smalltongue:

TheCountAlucard
2015-07-16, 10:41 AM
And I'm saying, they're not.

Also, Michelle Lyons-McFarland edited Demon: the Descent in addition to SLS editing Ex3. Onyx Path has more than one editor in their stables.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-16, 06:33 PM
And I'm saying, they're not.

Also, Michelle Lyons-McFarland edited Demon: the Descent in addition to SLS editing Ex3. Onyx Path has more than one editor in their stables.

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201409_2339_hfifa_sm.jpg

One Tin Soldier
2015-07-16, 10:12 PM
Wait, I thought the Forsaken swapped shapes, instead of shape shifting. I want to be a wolf? Bam, wolf. Garau? I put my wolf form into my aura and take out my garau form.

No, werewolves definitely shift their actual shape. It's just that most of the time it's pretty quick, and their clothing will (usually) shift with them. You might be thinking of demons.

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-17, 02:46 AM
No, werewolves definitely shift their actual shape. It's just that most of the time it's pretty quick, and their clothing will (usually) shift with them. You might be thinking of demons.

I'm sure it was 1e werewolves I was thinking of.