PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tome of Horrors and Pathfinder Bestiary

wayjosue808
2015-07-05, 10:12 PM
Hey fellow RPG enthusiasts! I am a long-time lurker on this forum but decided today was the day to start asking questions and getting answers directly :smallsmile:.My question: What is the relationship between the Tome of Horrors from Sword & Sorcery/Necromancer Games, and the Pathfinder Bestiaries? I just want to get more monsters into a campaign setting that I'm creating, whether from d&d 3.5 or any easily convertible system/campaign. Thanks :smallsmile:.

Also; Any tips for a newbie to the forums?

Psyren
2015-07-06, 08:54 AM
Welcome!

Tome of Horrors is a third-party book - there is no relationship to the first-party Bestiaries unless you want there to be at your table. It works just like third-party supplements did in 3.5 - You can use any, all or none of them at your table as you choose.

The only advice I could give would be just to evaluate it on its own merits. Some third-party product are great additions to the game, such as nearly anything by Dreamscarred Press. Some however, are completely unbalanced (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/kobold-press/ascetic) (and/or poorly written) and likely to cause more problems than they solve.

I don't really have tips for the forum itself. If you see a discussion that looks interesting, dive right in with both feet! We're a friendly bunch.