PDA

View Full Version : Player Help WarPriest Help

razorfloss
2015-07-05, 11:03 PM
Ok so this week in pathfinder society we almost wiped because our healer didn't show so the group that showed all decided to make backup healers just in case such a situation happens again so I decided to try my hand at making a warpriest of Calistria that uses a whip but, I've never used one before or played a warpriest so i've turned to y'all for help any and all would be much appreciated.

edit: forgot to add the party is normally between a swashbuckler, 2 ninjas, a monk, a cleric, totemic skalld(me), and a fighter

Geddy2112
2015-07-05, 11:52 PM
I would suggest either an intimidate whip build or a trip whip build using a scorpion whip. Weapon focus is provided so you can take advantage of dazzling display and similar feats with that as a prerequ. Since most of the party is frontline fighting, you can stand back and focus on buffs/healing as needed. You will eventually want selective channel so you can heal in battle and not heal enemies.

I would probably pick up dazzling display as your first feat, then take improved and greater trip, so you can focus between knocking enemies down and scaring them, making the melee fighter's job much easier. You will get bonus combat feats every 3 levels, so you can grab your trips here. Since your levels count as fighter levels for feat prerequs, take disruptive as one of your bonus feats at level 6 then spellbreaker at 11. You could take whip mastery and improved whip mastery to threaten more spaces, you might want to grab combat reflexes if you go that route. Serpent lash will allow you to make extra trips or disarms, so it is a good choice. If you only use your whip for manuvers, you can take weapon finesse instead of agile maneuvers.

For enemies that can't be tripped and/or are fearless, you can always hand out buffs; bless is a small but handy boon. Shield of faith is great for the squishy party memebers, although it won't stack with rings of deflection so keep that in mind. Sanctuary is great because you can dazzling display and buff without being attacked-if your DM rules that tripping is not an attack this is your go to spell. Protection from evil/good/law/chaos should be kept on hand as appropriate, with evil being the most commonly needed one. Pro evil might be worth a wand. Aid is another good buff, the animal buff's(namely bull's strength) are good until the party gets magic enhancement items. Silence and hold person are both fantastic spells and probably worth preparing just in case.

For blessings luck and trickery are both in Calistria's domain and both very good, so I would choose those. You can use the luck boon to help allies if you run out of things to do. For race, human is good but anything with a wis bonus will do.

On a 15 point buy, I would go S7 Dex14 Con 14 Int 13 Wis 16 Cha 7, before racials. Feats
1: Dazzling Display.
3: Combat Expertise. Bonus3: Weapon finesse
5: Improved trip
Bonus 6: Disruptive
7: Greater trip
9: Selective channel. Bonus: Serpent Lash
11: Spellbreaker
Bonus 12: Greater serpent lash
13:Fury's fall