PDA

View Full Version : Non-Casting Mental Synergies

QuickLyRaiNbow
2015-07-06, 12:03 AM
Leaving aside spellcasting, which of the three mental stats - Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma - can be applied to the most other things, and which of these are most useful? I'm looking for ideas for a build I've got ticking around.

Wisdom is a pretty strong contender. Wis to AC is possible with Monk, Rokugan Ninja, CA Ninja, Moon-Warded Ranger, Swordsage, Dragon Warrior, the Monk's Belt, the Saint Template and Paladin with Serenity. You can also get Wis to attack with Shiba Protector and Intuitive Attack, and to attack with ranged weapons with Zen Archery, and Wis to damage with SP, or with Battlesmith, though that's race- and weapon-specific. Wis to saves is possible with Paladin.

Cha to AC is accessible through Apparition Ribbon, the Battle Dancer class, the CoV paladin sub level, Ascetic Mage, Arcane Duelist and the Mystic Wanderer PrC that I'm aware of. There are lots of ways to get Cha to saves. Cha to attack/damage as an always-on effect is a little tougher; there's Charming the Arrow, Gauntlets of Heartfelt Blows and Iajutsu Master that I know of. Snowflake Wardance and Divine Might both require the expenditure of resources, though it's certainly possible to increase the pool; Slippers of Battledancing have a movement requirement; Spiritual Force requires spending psionic focus. Undead get lots of nifty Cha synergies, though, so that's cool.

Int gives more skill points, which would be a big plus for this character. Monk, Invisible Blade, Duelist, Blade Singer and Iajutsu Master have Int to AC. Keen Intellect uses Int for Will saves. Swashbuckler is Int to damage. Factotum, of course, is a gigantic bundle of Int synergies, the most useful of which here will be Int to Dex/Str skills.

Psyren
2015-07-06, 09:31 AM
X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4369.0)

Cha seems to have the biggest spoiler but I didn't read in-depth as to what you can apply it to, so one of the others may actually have greater variety.

Rubik
2015-07-06, 11:07 AM
I like using factotum and the Keen Intellect and Faerie Mysteries Initiate feats to add +Int to nearly everything, using Wedded to History (Survivor) and boosting my (Int-based) Will saves out the wazoo and replacing Fort and Ref saves, and a level of marshal to add +Cha to all the Int-based skills and checks.

Mr Adventurer
2015-07-06, 11:16 AM
Int to Str- and Dex- based skills via Factotum.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2015-07-06, 11:36 AM
X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4369.0)

Cha seems to have the biggest spoiler but I didn't read in-depth as to what you can apply it to, so one of the others may actually have greater variety.

A lot of the Charisma ones are based on Turn Undead usages, like Divine Shield and Divine Might, and thus of limited use to me.

ComaVision
2015-07-06, 11:39 AM
Intelligence means more skill ranks so it can make up for a low Wis or Cha for skill ranks much easier than the other way around.