PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Feedback on a Subtype

Jendekit
2015-07-06, 03:25 PM
I am working on a series of homebrew Xenomorph monsters, and after doing some reading on other forums that had this topic but didn't have what I was looking for, I decided to have a few base creatures that I would tweak to reflect the birth host and a xenomorph subtype.

Blindsight 40 feet, Tremorsense 80 feet, and Scent
Immunity to acid, vacuum, and visual based effects
Resistance to cold 20
DR 5/— if HD 6 or lower, DR 10/— if HD 7 or higher
Acid Blood (Ex): When a xenomorph take piercing or slashing damage, a spray of acidic blood spurts from its body in the direction of the opponent who inflicted the wound, dealing 1d6 points of acid damage per CR (maximum 15d6, Reflex half). This spurt travels in a 10-foot line, damaging the first creature or object it touches, with no splash damage. After it contacts a creature or object, the acidic blood continues to burn that creature for 1 round, dealing 1d6 points of acid damage per 2 CR (maximum 7d6). A second successful Reflex save negates this additional damage.
Hive Mind (Ex): All xenomorphs within 50 miles of the queen are in constant communication with her and each other. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are aware of a particular danger. If one in the hive of xenomorphs is not flat-footed, none of them are. No xenomorph in a hive is considered flanked unless all xenomorphs in a hive are flanked.
Bonus Feat: Diehard

What I am looking for is feedback on what sort of CR the subtype alone is "worth" so as to limit myself for the full beasties.

The Extraordinary abilities are taken (with very slight modifications) from d20pfsrd.com.