PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed D&D 3.5 Charging Barbarian Items help

Demarcario
2015-07-06, 07:07 PM
I am currently playing a level 14 Charging Barbarian/Fighter and need some recommendations for an item that uses a move or swift action.

frogglesmash
2015-07-07, 04:16 AM
What kind of stuff do you already have?

bekeleven
2015-07-07, 04:28 AM
Get some reliable teleportations so you can teleport away then charge again. Anklet of Translocation (MIC) is dirt cheap by your level, and moves you just far enough away that you can make a charge again, as a swift.

RoyVG
2015-07-07, 04:46 AM
Boots of the Battle Charger also give you the option to charge as a standard action, but only at half the distance, so only one move action worth of movement. lets you ignore difficult terrain if you have a Dexterity enhancement item as well. 2000GP so dirt cheep as well, but only 2/day and not compatable with the Anklets of Translocation unless you combine the two into one item.

Belt of battle is also a great item, You can get extra move/standard/fullround action out of it, depending on your needs. Costs a swift action and a number of charges depending on the action you want to recieve. I believe 12.000 gp so well within your budget, I assume.

For 3000 gp you can get the Sudden Leap martial maneuver from Tome of Battle once per encounter. Swift action to jump a distance equal to your jump check, which is easily increased. These would be bracers so campatible with all the others.

For 600 GP you can add Gloryborn on your weapon, +1 damage when charging, every bit counts I guess :smallbiggrin:

A Valorous weapon also deals double damage when used in a charge (or increases the multiplier by one as per multiplication rules). It's a +1 weapon enhancement.

HurinTheCursed
2015-07-07, 06:12 AM
Fearsome armor enchantment allows to intimidate as a move rather than a standard action and gives +5 to intimidate (+5000, DotU or Und)
The mindarmor armor / shield enchantment gives +5 to your saves against mind-affecting spells 3/day for an immediate actions (+3000, MIC)
The various Surge add various weapon properties, mostly 2d6 damage, CON/day or CHA/day for a swift action (+2000, DMG2 OR PHB2)
The helm of battle improve your attack rolls or mavoer ability checks 3/day for a swift action (1000, source?)
Sizing weapon property allows to change at will the size of a weapon for a swift action (+5000, MIC)

Is your character mountedd ? This thread of mine links threads that lists useful uses of move actions: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?425205-Use-of-move-actions-for-a-mounted-character

atemu1234
2015-07-07, 10:52 PM
Get some reliable teleportations so you can teleport away then charge again. Anklet of Translocation (MIC) is dirt cheap by your level, and moves you just far enough away that you can make a charge again, as a swift.

I second the boots as they have more than one good use in combat.