PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best Cleric Domains?

KoDT69
2015-07-06, 10:12 PM
OK let me clarify this a little. I would like to know what are the best domains for a particular build?

Let's say you have a Cleric but want the best Arcane magic (as granted by a domain that is) added to your available spells?

How about if you wanted to be like a blaster? A Necromancer/Undead Master type? Replace melee class?

I'm just interested to know what domains you all use to accomplish different goals.

Snowbluff
2015-07-06, 10:16 PM
Well for Arcane Spells you want the Spells domain. It gets the Anyspell spell with can cast any spell of a certain level. Spell.

PseudoPanda
2015-07-06, 11:36 PM
Spell domain is great to get you arcane spells with anyspell and its greater version. This doesn't get those spells on your spell list like you asked but it also has mage armor for low levels and limited wish. Aside from that:

Envy: Magic Jar (a level late but still good), Limited Wish, Simulacrum and Wish
Time: Haste, permanency, contingency, Foresight (a level early and a candidate for DMM persist) and Time stop
Trickery: Invisibility, Polymorph any object and Time Stop
Transformation: Alter self and the whole polymorph line (minus draconic polymorph)

Don't really know about blasting domains. Deathbound is probably the best I can think of for a necromancer; useful power and a bunch of useful spells.

For a melee cleric Planning domain is probably the best to fast forward DMM persist cheese with extend spell, throw in the undeath domain while you're at it. If you can't take that route then maybe the Strength domain or just War domain in order to go Ordained Champion. The Sovereign Speaker Guide (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3927.0) list most of the domains and critques them on multiple roles.