PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Permanent Enlarge Person

Glarx
2015-07-06, 10:36 PM
I feel like I've seen in 3.5 something that says "if you have enlarge person permanently on you, you can return to your normal size at will" or something. Am I totally wrong? And if I'm not, is there a similar clause in Pathfinder?

My first few google attempts were thwarted and I didn't know how to better phrase the question for a search engine, so I apologize if this is a FAQ. :smallredface:

OldTrees1
2015-07-06, 10:45 PM
Nope, does not exist. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/enlargePerson.htm)

Although your DM might allow a higher cost customized effect that does.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-06, 10:54 PM
I mean, in theory you could just dispel the Permanencied Enlarge Person, but that's a waste of XP.

Troacctid
2015-07-06, 11:17 PM
Enlarge Person is dismissable, if that's what you mean. So the caster can dismiss the spell at will with a standard action (assuming the subject is still within range). I'd imagine you probably wouldn't want to do that, though, since it sort of defeats the purpose of making it permanent.

Although I guess it's possible Permanency overrides the (D) portion of the spell's duration, so I dunno.

Crake
2015-07-07, 12:42 AM
You may be thinking of shrink item, which when made permanent allows the shrunken item to be reverted to and from large and small at will. It's a feasable extrapolation to be honest, you're already pumping XP into the whole thing, and let's be honest, the xp you spent on it could have just as easily made you a wand of enlarge person which would essentially do the same thing.

Glarx
2015-07-07, 07:45 AM
Yup, I was thinking of shrink item. Thanks, everyone!

Psyren
2015-07-07, 08:18 AM
I mean, in theory you could just dispel the Permanencied Enlarge Person, but that's a waste of XP.

Waste of gold you mean - there are no XP costs in PF.

If you have to use it enough, it might be better just getting an at-will item of enlarge person, or at least a stave that can be recharged.

Yomega
2015-07-07, 04:49 PM
Ive always enjoyed combining permanent enlarge person with a Belt of the Weasel (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/belt-of-the-weasel) for humorous tight corridors.

atemu1234
2015-07-07, 11:17 PM
Waste of gold you mean - there are no XP costs in PF.

If you have to use it enough, it might be better just getting an at-will item of enlarge person, or at least a stave that can be recharged.

... Another rule from PF I like.