PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Endless Campaign, how do I do it mechanically?

whisperwind1
2015-07-07, 04:47 AM
So I thought it would be very cool to create a campaign based in the world of Endless Legend, which really presents a fascinating science-fantasy setting. I haven't seen its like before and thought there was potential there for some very fun adventures. However there are a few challenges to translating endless Legend into D&D (Well Pathfinder, tis the system my group prefers). First there's no map of Auriga since every game generates one randomly (though those could be continents theoretically). Second I haven't actually played through all the faction storylines, so i'm not sure what all their deals are (i'd appreciate a crash-course if that's possible).

Most importantly, how do I build the various races in Endless Legend? some are pretty easy and can just use standard PF stats (Vaulters/Ardent Mages/Roving Clans are humans obviously, and the Wild Walkers are mentioned to be elves). But then there's the weirder ones, which is basically everyone else. I aim to build them using the Race Builder, but I could use some advice on how to do it. I don't want anything to crazy powerful (less than 18 RP seems good).

Also how would magic work exactly? In Endless Legend they say that magic is derived from Dust, but is Dust the medium or the focus? I mean is everyone capable of being a wizard if they use Dust, or do they still need to learn rituals and stuff? Mechanically would there be a difference between Divine and Arcane spellcasters? How about between prepared and spontaneous casters?

Thanks for any advice!

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-07-07, 10:12 PM
I walked into this thread, musing how interesting it would be if it was connected to the Endless series, and lo and behold, it is!

Unfortunately... I don't have much in the way of answers for you. Dust is hyperadvanced nanomachines capable of performing feats we would call 'magic'; its something that can be pulled from the environment, but it also infuses living beings (as the Broken Lords found out). As for races, here are some ideas I came up with for the other races, just off the top of my head.

Drakken- +Str/+Wis, possibly no negatives.

Broken Lords- +Str/+Cha/-Wis, Construct type, since they are bound to their armor, but they can heal from normal magic, but not naturally.

Cultists- Given that most cultists seem to be cyborgs or robots of an unknown degree, these would be NPCs.

Necrophages- Monsters. Just straight-up monsters.