PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Dimensional Adept

M3tal_H3llth
2015-07-07, 09:02 AM
Hello everyone! I don't post too often, and this is my first post in homebrew so I hope the format isn't insanely bad. Anyway, this is an update of a PrC I used in the last campaign I've played in. My DM and I worked on it for a while, but i recently decided to tweak it and wanted to see what you guys thought about it. It's basically a gish class, along the lines of Abjurant Champion, but focused more on short range teleportation based on the Dimensional Jaunt Reserve feat, hopping around slicing heads off. The language is a bit dodgy in some areas but hopefully my meaning is clear. Anywho, have at it:

Dimensional Adept
Requirements:
BAB: +5
Special: Must be proficient with at least 1 martial weapon.
Feats: Dimensional Jaunt (CM)

Hit Die: d8
Skill Points: 2+Int
Class Skills:
Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (arcane), Spellcraft, Swim, Tumble

LevelBABFort SaveRef SaveWill SaveSpellcastingSpecial

+1
+0
+2
+0
+1 level Blink 10%/5ft, Extended Jaunt

+2
+0
+3
+0
+1 level Swift Jaunt, Evasion

+3
+1
+3
+1
+1 level Blink 20%/10ft, Dimensional Assault

+4
+1
+4
+1
+1 level Swift Jaunt (Immediate)

+5
+1
+4
+1
+1 level Blink 30%/15ft, Dimensional Assault (Spells), Dimensional Strike

Class Features:
Spellcasting: At each level, gain new spells/spells per day as though you advanced in the arcane spellcasting class that you can cast without spell failure in armor. This is the only benefit you gain from that class (no bonus feats, BAB, class features etc)

Disrupting Blink: A Dimensional Adept may enter into a state of flux, rapidly micro-teleporting a dozen times a second. In this state he becomes more difficult to hit, giving him a 10% miss rate. In addition, he learns to utilize these micro jumps to his advantage, gaining an additional 5ft movement speed in this state. These bonuses increase to 20% and 10 ft at 3rd level and to 30% and 15ft at 5th level. He may activate this ability once per day at 1st level, twice at 3rd, and 3 times at 5th. This state last a number of rounds equal to spellcasting modifier (Cha for sorcerers, Int for wizards etc)+ Dimensional Adept level. The miss chance from this ability stacks with most concealment spells such as blur, however spells such as blink, that are similar in effect, do not.
Extended Jaunt: The Dimensional Adept is a master of tactical teleportation and as such, doubles the maximum range of teleportation spells he casts as well as teleportation from the Dimensional Jaunt feat. At 4th level the range of only the Dimensional Jaunt feat is instead tripled.

Swift Jaunt: At 2nd level the Dimensional Adept may use his Dimensional Jaunt feat as a swift action. At 4th level he may use it as an immediate action.

Evasion: At 2nd level he gains the Evasion class feature (see monk)

Dimensional Assault: Beginning at 3rd level the Dimensional Adept has become so adept at stepping through the fabric of space that he can unleash a full attack as part of his Dimensional Jaunt feat. As a full round action, he may use his Dimensional Jaunt and make a Full Attack, teleporting between each attack. Movement as such is not considered a charge. He may break up this attack between multiple adversaries, breaking up any distance teleported into as many increments as he has attacks from a high base attack bonus, stopping, attacking, then moving on again. If he attacks the same enemy more than once, every attack after the first he is considered as flanking as long as he is attacking from a different square. He must have direct line of sight in order to make use of this ability.He is not required to make any attacks and instead may perform minor actions between jumps. I.e. picking up an object, grabbing a friend or enemy, whispering a message or even doing nothing etc. If he has extra attacks from natural weapons or two-weapon fighting, he may make one secondary/off-hand attack alongside each attack. He may only make so many extra attacks as he would normally be able to make as a full attack (meaning if he has 2 secondary attacks, a bite and claw, and a BAB of 12, he can make jumps between 3 different attacks, and may make a bite attacks alongside 1 attack, and a claw attack alongside 1 more). At 5th level he gains the ability to give up 1 of his attacks and instead, cast 1 spell, with a casting time no greater than one standard action. Moving as such does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Example: Jimbob has 3 attacks and can use his dimensional jaunt at a range of 60 ft. He uses a full round action to teleport 40ft and make his first attack, he then teleports 10ft to the opposite side of the same enemy and makes an attack as though flanking. He can then uses his remaining ten feet and 1 attack to either attack the same enemy from a different flank, to attack another enemy no more than ten feet away, or (if he is 5th level) jump 10ft and cast a spell requiring no more than 1 standard action.

Dimensional Strike: At level 5, The Dimensional Adept adds +1 to all attack and damage rolls for every 5 feet teleported via dimensional jaunt or a teleportation spell just before each attack (to a maximum of +20). In the example above, Jimbob would add +8 to attack and damage for the 1st attack, +2 for the second, and, assuming he made a 3rd attack, +2 again.

Now hopefully that makes sense and isn't too OP!! I've been thinking i may need to lose a caster level or something to balance it out a bit, but idk, I'm really interested to hear feedback!

Edit: I've also been thinking of maybe replacing intimidate with bluff as a class skill.

Network
2015-07-07, 02:26 PM
It would be much easier to read if the table was done properly, and I think you'd receive more comments if you made the change. Here, I did it for you. Just copy and paste in the first post.

LevelBABFort SaveRef SaveWill SaveSpellcastingSpecial

+1
+0
+2
+0
+1 level Blink 10%/5ft, Extended Jaunt

+2
+0
+2
+0
+1 level Swift Jaunt, Evasion

+3
+1
+2
+1
+1 level Blink 20%/10ft, Dimensional Assault

+4
+1
+4
+1
+1 level Swift Jaunt (Immediate)

+5
+2
+4
+2
+1 level Blink 30%/15ft, Dimensional Assault (Spells), Dimensional Strike

Saves aren't done properly. D&D 3.5 classes have a regular progression: either 1/3 level, rounded down, or 1/2 level +2, rounded down. No class can have a different progression, except if a class feature gives a bonus to saves.

M3tal_H3llth
2015-07-09, 06:43 AM
Thank you for your assistance with the chart and the pointer about the saves!! Despite my best efforts, I am still a noob -_-
I've edited the saves so they are hopefully correct, I honestly don't know where i got those numbers from. I've also added in the chart (which looks much nicer!), and changed up a bit of the language that was left over from the classes previous incarnation.