PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Non-Legendary Pokemon?

Fishies
2007-04-29, 10:25 PM
No Legendaries or glitch Pokemon. My favorite non-legendary is Magikarp. It's so useless it's awesome.

Dhavaer
2007-04-29, 11:23 PM
Scizor/Scyther. Because of the blades.

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-29, 11:57 PM
Metagross. Who needs legendaries?

Setra
2007-04-30, 12:54 AM
Charizard

Because he is awesome :smallcool:

Krade
2007-04-30, 01:12 AM
Horsea. What? I like the little fish-horse-thing! I liked him enough to keep him from evolving. Teach him surf and bubblebeam with the HM/TM and you got a serious ass-kicker. I solo'd the last gym with Horsea one time (In red version).

DarkLightDragon
2007-04-30, 02:42 AM
Pikachu has been my favourite ever since I watched the show as a kid. :smallbiggrin:

Maryring
2007-04-30, 03:31 AM
Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Plusle, Minun... see a pattern here? :smallbiggrin:

SKarious
2007-04-30, 03:44 AM
Kadabra, a solid psychic with a great name.

Jothki
2007-04-30, 04:09 AM
Aron. It's kind of cute, it's Steel/Rock, and boy did I guess well when I chose to make it one of my primary Pokemon in Ruby. Aggron for the win.

Thinking about it, though, it is kind of a clone of Nidoran. Still, Steel/Rock is awesome enough that I don't care.

Sephiroth
2007-04-30, 04:32 AM
errrr does mew count ? any it has the be evey pichu like pokemon errr and all of ... lets just cute and evils one for me

Alex Kidd
2007-04-30, 04:38 AM
Please, clean up the english Sephiroth. An oedipal complex(FF7 joke, not personal insult) does not excuse poor lingual skills.

Ontopic, Charmander through Charizard. Too cool.

BrokenButterfly
2007-04-30, 05:15 AM
I quite like Sandslash,Scyther and Dugtrio. I haven't really thought about this for some time anyway...

Vonriel
2007-04-30, 06:13 AM
What BrokenButterfly said, sans Dugtrio. It always had too little defense for my taste.

Maryring
2007-04-30, 06:28 AM
Well, it does have a pretty thin skin after all. The moles are fun to have, but they do go down way too quick. Also, I forgot to add the nidorans to my list (first stage only). Meowth is also a favourite of mine.

Arang
2007-04-30, 06:44 AM
Gyarados. It's one of the most awesome pokemon in the game, and getting it after 10-15 levels of Magikarp is one of the best moments. Almost as good as taking Pupitar over 50 levels to Tyrantitar.

Ettlesby
2007-04-30, 06:55 AM
I've always liked Gardevoir. But Vaporeon is a close second, along with Electrode and Abra.

None of them, however, come close to beating Farfetch'd for me.

Indon
2007-04-30, 08:30 AM
Nidoking.

A pokemon so tough, he's weak to water but can still swim (read: learn Surf). Plus he's very versatile besides.

Aotrs Commander
2007-04-30, 08:53 AM
Pikachu.

Unimagiantive, and indeed, awefully uncharacteristically mainstream of me, but true.

Mainly, of course, because of the anime. That I still watch, and collect on DVD.

Plus, I always have had a thing for electricity. And yellow.

After that it gets really hard, with Blaziken, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Vaporoen, Feraligatr and Alakazam among the top ones I can list of the top of my head...

BrokenButterfly
2007-04-30, 09:06 AM
I never liked Pikachu, purely because he was so annoying, and the poster-rat of the entire franchise. I've always liked Dugtrio because it's just so very fast, (oh yeah, and the fact that it could Slash, despite having no discernible limbs, let alone claws)

Oh and the Pokemon I hate: Anything that looks a lot like a person, so that's Mr. Mime and Jynx. Both are very disturbing, even before you factor in the mime.

Vonriel
2007-04-30, 01:00 PM
I still don't rightfully know why I liked Sandslash, I've just thought it always looked really cool. Scyther because it was.. well, see Sandslash. :smalltongue:

Umm, close seconds would be Vaporeon, Alakazam, and Gyarados.

InaVegt
2007-04-30, 01:04 PM
Squirtle .

Jothki
2007-04-30, 03:31 PM
I'm also a fan of Zigzagoon and its evolution. It's like Rattata, except it gives you items!

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-01, 05:16 AM
I loved Linoone, he's part of my Sapphire Squad, (which has a nice ring to it...) he just kept picking up Nuggets...

Dr._Weird
2007-05-01, 09:07 AM
Scyther, despite how weak he was.

EDIT: In Red/Blue. Anything past that and maybe Gold/Silver doesn't count as a pokemon game.

Gungnir
2007-05-01, 09:08 AM
Anything that learns Swords Dance without the TM. Scyther being at the top of the list, with my new Lucario pretty soon after.

Somewhere on there is an Alakazam with Psycho Cut. I like the idea of a sideplot starring one that ONLY knows psycho cut, roaming the countryside putting down evildoers with swords of pure psychic energy superimposed over his spoons...

Maryring
2007-05-01, 09:27 AM
I'd love the idea of a pokemon game that didn't star humans, except pokemon mystery dungeon. That game was pretty fun, but I want a much more storydriven game. What about a war between pokemon and trainers? That'd be... interesting at least.

Ikkitosen
2007-05-01, 06:02 PM
Bulbasaur!

Copacetic
2007-05-01, 06:05 PM
Houndoom, espeon, Dragonite, and Tryantiar a little bit. Houndoom and espeon are kinda tied and their my favorite to use in a double battle.

Mewtarthio
2007-05-01, 06:27 PM
Alakazam. It's annoying to catch an Abra (you've got to incapacitate it in one round or it teleports away), annoying to train an Abra (though not so much as Magikarp), yet oh so worth it to own an Alakazam.

Desidus
2007-05-01, 06:38 PM
Wow... I remember pokemon...

Dratini and whatever it turned into... always awesome

tgva8889
2007-05-01, 10:59 PM
My favorite pokemon I actually use in battles: Scizor. Underrated, really. That super fire weakness is his only weakness, which makes him a stellar pokemon in my opinion.

My real favorite pokemon: Pichu and Wigglytuff. Pichu more. I just don't know why, but I find it so cute and stuff and it's just a cool pokemon to me. Wigglytuff holds a place in my heart because it was such a fun pokemon to use competitively. So hilarious.

Icewalker
2007-05-02, 01:38 AM
Kabutops. Big arm bladeyness. Only dude I ever got to 100 in any of the games. It was in yellow actually, where I dumped Pikachu into the comp at like level 18, and didn't take him out until I had a level 100...he was hellof pissed at me...good times...

tgva8889
2007-05-02, 01:48 AM
On Pokemon Yellow, I have a Surfing Pikachu (which I lovingly nicknamed Pizzachu) with at least 30 bars of HP. Go, Gameshark infinate HP cheat, go!

(It's level 84. Serious. The highest level I've ever trained a pokemon.)

TheSorrow
2007-05-14, 04:26 PM
I'd have to go with the always awesome Donphan, ever since I saw him in the first movie he has been my favorite!

BanjoTheClown
2007-05-15, 06:39 PM
Squirtle and Absol.

Raven T.
2007-05-15, 07:53 PM
Lanturn, hands down.

Followed by Blaziken, Venusaur, and Gengar.

Felius
2007-05-15, 09:42 PM
Gardevoir, period.

Then come the Metagross, the medicham (well, the stats doesn't look like, but with it's special ability it gets some unfair attack power), and a few others I don't remember the name right now.

Gungnir
2007-05-15, 10:54 PM
New one to add to my list: Glaceon.

It has the Snow Cloak ability, which makes it harder to hit while its hailing, and it learns hail and blizzard, which has perfect accuracy during a hailstorm. AND it even looks cool!

theKOT
2007-05-16, 12:06 AM
Eevee. That thing is adorable and can evolve into whatever type your party is lacking. I curse the Pokemon makers for leaving it until the end of Diamond/Pearl. NOW I have to use a stinkin rapidash as my fire type.

Gungnir
2007-05-16, 08:18 PM
Yea, they really stomped on fire types this run... Ponyta is your only thing to turn to without chimchar.

At least you can save before you get your eevee, then wait for a female so you can fill a box with eevee eggs! Thats fun.

Edit: Gah! COMPLETELY walked by the Homestar reference!

Jaykell
2007-05-16, 09:16 PM
Either pachirisu, cus a little blue electric squirell is so cute, or prinplup, cause penguins ROCK!!!!!!!!!

yeah...........

BanjoTheClown
2007-05-16, 09:28 PM
I Changed My Mind About My Favorite Pokemon. My Favorite Pokemon is InfernoApe.

Mattarias, King.
2007-05-16, 09:36 PM
Typhlosion, baby! :biggrin: All hail the flaming weasel of explodey death!

Ah, man, crystal version, good times.. I dig the whole Cyndaquil line. They're awesome. ^-^

Also, yeah, they really neded motre fire types in 4th gen. And don't dig the whole fire/fighting fetish nintendo's been having. In the good old days, fire starters had no reason to fear psychics and birds. :smallsigh:

Raven T.
2007-05-16, 10:51 PM
No, they used to fear Rock and Ground/Electric (depending on which one you had, Typhlosion or Charizard.)

I'm upset that they gimp the Fire type, as a rule, with bad stats.

Setra
2007-05-17, 12:17 AM
No, they used to fear Rock and Ground/Electric (depending on which one you had, Typhlosion or Charizard.)

I'm upset that they gimp the Fire type, as a rule, with bad stats.
I'm fairly sure Charizard had the highest stats of the three originals.

Then again I never really used the others much (Though I have played through the game with them at least twice, I only remember Charizard).

Also, would anyone be willing to send me a spare copy of Red/Blue?

Raven T.
2007-05-18, 08:21 AM
It may have had the highest all around stats, but Fire types, as a rule, have piddly Special Attack stats compared to some other species.

Eldpollard
2007-05-18, 04:31 PM
Magikarp all the way. It's stupidly powerful. Ever been on the wrong end of splash? It's not nice is it?

TheOtherMC
2007-05-22, 12:32 PM
Goin' with Growlithe on this one. Before any of my friends or I ever even knew what Pokemon was (Yeah THAT long ago.) I chanced upon some free (Read: some kid left them at the office...) Growlithe and Arcanine cards. Later finding out Arcanine has near-legendary stats didnt hurt either....

Jibar
2007-05-22, 12:49 PM
I've always had this special place in my heart for Psyduck.
Despite being abso-ruddy-lutely adorable, he is also a psychic type, one of my specialities, and can evolve into the ultra cool Golduck.
It's really win win with these guys.

TheOtherMC
2007-05-22, 01:09 PM
I've always had this special place in my heart for Psyduck.
Despite being abso-ruddy-lutely adorable, he is also a psychic type, one of my specialities, and can evolve into the ultra cool Golduck.
It's really win win with these guys.

Turns out Psyduck is pure-water that can use psychic moves. Doesnt matter much though, Golduck still kicks ass

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-13, 03:46 PM
I Was gonna post this along time ago but i forgot.:smalleek: Now my favorite non lengendary is..... Pikachu.

Setra
2007-06-13, 06:30 PM
Just remembered another of my favorites.

Eevee.

Because it's 7 pokemon in one :smallbiggrin:

Gungnir
2007-06-13, 09:36 PM
I Was gonna post this along time ago but i forgot.:smalleek: Now my favorite non lengendary is..... Pikachu.
That is... unfortunate. Since I got Pearl, I've been looking more into the actual mechanics of how things work, and it turns out, even though I still like the booger a bit, pikachu is freaking horrible. Learning this makes me realize hat Ash really IS a pokemon master. At all points in the show, pikachu is his strongest pokemon, besides charizard, which he never uses.

And yet, he still wins. With flair. Something that should not be possible. If Ash had used that thunderstone on pikachu all those years ago, he would surely be like unto a God, for raichu is actually halfway decent.

Imagine if he had started out with that charmander. It probably would have evolved 3 times, into a completely new kind of pokemon, just from Ash's sheer talent.

tgva8889
2007-06-13, 09:58 PM
Well, his Pikachu does know more than 4 moves (It knows at least Thunder, Thunderbolt, Agility, Volt Tackle, and Iron Tail right now), so he truly is a pokemon master. Though that guy who had his Scizor finish off his opponent's pokemon with False Swipe is definately the best trainer in my book.

Really, though, Pikachu is horrible game-wise. Well, unless he has 30+ bars of HP, as well as 30 Surfs, Thunderbolts, and Thunder Waves. Which is way too many, but still, he's not bad with more HP than a level 1000 Blissey would have.

I think the real reason that I think Pichu is so cool is that I still have one in my Gold version with Petal Dance. Petal Dance. That makes no sense whatsoever and is still so totally awesome.

Setra
2007-06-14, 12:58 AM
I can't consider the guy who kept trying to have his Pikachu attack ONYX, to be a pokemon master.

CrazedGoblin
2007-06-14, 05:06 AM
Butterfree or Beedrill, i have no idea why hahah :smallbiggrin:

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-14, 10:59 AM
I can't consider the guy who kept trying to have his Pikachu attack ONYX, to be a pokemon master

Wasnt that before he was a pokemon master?

Sewer_Bandito
2007-06-14, 11:15 AM
Absol- The coolest dark poke'mon ever, and you have to love perish song combined with mean look :smallbiggrin:

A close second would be zangoose, he just looks so beast. And I got mine's attack up to insane levels so he kills everything in 1 hit at level 56 :smallbiggrin:

There's also been a special place in my heart for Spoink. There's just something about a pig with a spring for a tail....

Ohh, and Murkrow, there's just somethig about a bird that appears at night that causes bad luck that makes it cool.

Dr. Bath
2007-06-14, 12:21 PM
Gotta be spoink, the cutest thing ever. And it wasn't half bad.

Other than that, Igglybuff. I got a lvl. 50 Igglybuff once. And it was still useless. It's possibly more useless than Magikarp, at least that evolves into something decent.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-14, 12:36 PM
I think I've got to pick Eevee. Easily the most versatile pokemon that isn't Mew.

And, because my favourite type is Psychic, I'll have to say that Espeon is my favourite Eeveelution.

JetTheOne
2007-06-14, 12:41 PM
My favorite non legendary, in regards to all around appeal would have to be bidoof Geodude, a pokemon made entirely of rock, yet he floats... not only can he dig like no other, he defies the laws of physics!

As for cuteness... either spoink (sping+oink) or skitty, plus skitty's evolution keeps the cuteness factor, where as spoink's evolution doesn't... plus he loses his ball

TheOtherMC
2007-06-14, 01:06 PM
:smallsigh:
I'd love the idea of a pokemon game that didn't star humans, except pokemon mystery dungeon. That game was pretty fun, but I want a much more storydriven game. What about a war between pokemon and trainers? That'd be... interesting at least.

Actually from what I read of the manga thats pretty much it. The elite four dont feel pokemon and humans can coexist so they try to use a "badge amplifier" to genocidily kill all pokemon in the world. WHich is kina hypocritical considering Lance owns an army of dragonite, aerodacty, charizard, and gyrados. Pretty harcord ****. Pokemon are killed on a regular basis in it, im pretty sure Koga's arbok was bit in half at one point......god i need to read that.

RationalGoblin
2007-06-14, 05:47 PM
Hmm.. favorite?

All of the original psychic pokemon, many of the rock/ground pokemon, same with ghosts and bugs.

Oh, you want certain pokemon? Ah. Then Espeon, Onix, (don't know why) Butterfree, Beedrill, Porygon, the Abra series, the Ghastly series, the Aron series, Baytol, Claydol, Duskull, and Slowpoke.

But above all else of the non-legendaries, good ol Kadabra.

By the way, this is off topic, but I'm interested in making a Pokemon-based webcomic. Anyone want to help? Send a PM if so, okay?

Gungnir
2007-06-14, 06:25 PM
A close second would be zangoose, he just looks so beast.

You might not want to see his new sprite for Diamond/Pearl... They made him chubby. They did the same to sandslash. :smallfrown:

Caewil
2007-06-19, 07:25 AM
Butterfree. It's stats may suck, but compoundeyes + sleep powder = win

An attack that never misses and ends a whole fight.

Saint George
2007-06-19, 04:02 PM
Ghastly! Booga booga!

Oh come on. The big floating hands are scary.

Hypnotize + Dream Eater = win.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-06-19, 05:09 PM
You might not want to see his new sprite for Diamond/Pearl... They made him chubby. They did the same to sandslash. :smallfrown:

Blasphemers. :smallsigh:

Fishies
2007-06-19, 11:47 PM
I can't consider the guy who kept trying to have his Pikachu attack ONYX, to be a pokemon master.

Don't forget that the Pikachu BEAT the Onyx. With electric-type attacks.

Setra
2007-06-19, 11:58 PM
Don't forget that the Pikachu BEAT the Onyx. With electric-type attacks.
Only because of a Water Sprinkler.

Fishies
2007-06-20, 12:11 AM
Only because of a Water Sprinkler.

Then the Pikachu must have good haxx.

X15lm204
2007-06-20, 12:28 AM
:smallsigh:

Actually from what I read of the manga thats pretty much it. The elite four dont feel pokemon and humans can coexist so they try to use a "badge amplifier" to genocidily kill all pokemon in the world. WHich is kina hypocritical considering Lance owns an army of dragonite, aerodacty, charizard, and gyrados. Pretty harcord ****. Pokemon are killed on a regular basis in it, im pretty sure Koga's arbok was bit in half at one point......god i need to read that.

Arbok, IIRC, was slashed in half by Gary's (what did they call him? Blue? Green?) Charmeleon. That's the only one of that series that I've read: it gave me so many nightmares, and even now, six years or so later, the mere suggestion that a pokemon could die in battle gives me the shakes.:smallfrown:

Anyway, with 500 to choose from, I have a hard time bringing it down to less than 50. :smallredface: If I did have to choose, though, it would be Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Treeko, Chimchar, and all their respective evolutions. I likes the starters.

Laurellien
2007-06-20, 12:59 AM
I like: -
- Tyranitar
- Charizard
- Dragonite

2 Dragons and a Dinosaur!!!

Jothki
2007-06-20, 09:32 AM
Mareep is an inherently awesome concept.

Setra
2007-06-20, 09:39 AM
I like Mareep, because every time I think about Electric Sheep I keep thinking of a specific pun.

"Baaazzzz"

Shapechanger
2007-06-20, 01:04 PM
Haunter's my absolute favorite. I'm a big fan of Ghost, Dark, and Electric types.

turtleant120
2007-06-20, 08:06 PM
Some of my favorites are Feralgator, Scyther/Scizor, Sneasle, Ninjask, and Ampharous.

Raven T.
2007-06-20, 08:06 PM

I almost wonder how many kids tried to put sheep in the dryer to catch one?:smallamused:

Or put on a wool sweater to BECOME one...:smalleek:

XBobbis
2007-06-20, 08:32 PM
I've always been a fan of Eevee and it's evolution.

'specially since Jolteon with Pin Missile was the only way I could take down my bro's Mewtwo.

Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon...hells yeah.

The Demented One
2007-06-21, 07:04 PM
F*** Yeah, Seaking!

...although I also liek Mudkips.

lacesmcawesome
2007-06-21, 07:27 PM
Magikarp/Gyrados, definitely.

Gyrados because it was my first 100 level pokemon (as in, my friend traded a red level 100 gyrados to me for my 67 pikachu or something, because he really didn't care/play anymore)

And Magikarp because it's hilarious to get like, a whole party of them, and just kill each one.

Okay, serious reason why magikarp? Because if you have patience, you can train him by having him like, face an enemy for one round, then take him out. Eventually he learns tackle, eventually he evolves into a gyrados, which is full of win.

(oh, and because of you guys, I'm going to now go play my pokemon games. All of them. jerks)

Gungnir
2007-06-21, 07:27 PM
F*** Yeah, Seaking!

...although I also liek Mudkips.

Gee, who could have possibly see that one coming out of the guy with a Longcat/Tacgnol Yin Yang symbol as his avatar.

It's not like HE'S been to /b/ or anything.

...I also liek mudkips.

TheLogman
2007-06-21, 07:38 PM
Tyranitar, he is quite simply made of win. He summons sand storms, and is the perfect combination that you can't find anywhere else: Rock-Dark.

Sornas
2007-06-21, 07:49 PM
Sneasel, hands down. ^_^

Abardam
2007-06-21, 08:37 PM
Heracross.

MEGAHORN

Once, I beat a Pokemon 10 levels above me with Counter. Which reminds me of that time I one-shotted Latias with a (level 20, I think) Wobuffet. That sucked.

Orzel
2007-06-21, 10:12 PM
Dugtrio is the dude.

Faint my pokemon.... eat Dugtrio! No Escape Arena Trap Go first Earthquake!

Finish up which Parasect (Spore, Growthx3, Any Grass move), Heracross, Feraligatr, Jolteon, and some pyschic guy.

blakyoshi7
2007-06-21, 11:14 PM
The first ones that come to mind are all Legendaries (Lugia FTW!), so I'm gonna have to second Tyranitar as being made of equal parts win and awesome.

Reptilius
2007-06-22, 12:56 PM
I'd have to agree with Magikarp:smallbiggrin: (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/content/content.php?id=377178&name=377178_pokemon.swf&title=Splash%20Attack&date=1182484800&quality=b&uj=0&w=500&h=300). But seriously though, I'd choose either Kadabra or Torterra. Solid Psychic-type, or Giant Continent Turtle?

Gungnir
2007-06-22, 01:11 PM
More like, incontinent turtle! OH! BURN!

I'm sorry. I'll stop now.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-22, 05:20 PM
Lapras and tauros. They so badly ruled. For no reason except they looked cool.

Skippy
2007-06-23, 10:40 AM
Torterra is so frikkin' awesome!!!!

That and Arcanine, with his almost-legendary stats...

JellyPooga
2007-06-23, 11:07 AM
I used to really like Scyther, 'cos it's just so damn cool looking, but I've gravitated away a bit.

Now my favvies are as follows (greatest preference at the top):

Sandslash
Ghastly (under no circumstances evolved into Gengar)
Scyther
Natu/Xatu
Sneasel

Were-Sandwich
2007-06-23, 11:12 AM
Scyther. He just rocked so hard.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2007-06-23, 02:12 PM
My favorites.. Well, depends on the game. I'll choose one from each.
Red/Blue: Dragonite. Hands down.
Yellow: Missingno.(does it count?) Awesome. Can learn every tm.
Gold/Silver/Crystal: Suicune, because it looks so damn cool.
Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald: Aggron, because it is almost invincible with lots of Iron used.
Pearl/Diamond: Luxray. A cat to kill both the mouse and the bird. Muhaha!!!