PDA

View Full Version : Feints and uncanny dodge

Llewellyn
2015-07-07, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure if checked everywhere but thought I should ask here anyways. One thing I've wondered is if a successful feint against a rogue or any class with uncanny dodge would rid it of its Dex or does feinting have no effect on these Characters?

Elandris Kajar
2015-07-07, 02:54 PM
I think feinting would deny the character their Dex modifier because uncanny dodge lists specific circumstances, and feinting is not based on any of them. Maybe it should give a bonus on the sense motive check somewhere in the realm of +5?

Andezzar
2015-07-07, 03:00 PM
Correct. Uncanny dodge lets the character retain his DEX to AC when he is flat-footed. Improved uncanny dodge works similarly when flanked. Feinting causes neither of those conditions, but directly removes the DEX from the characters AC.

StreamOfTheSky
2015-07-07, 03:25 PM
Yes, feinting is not thwarted by Uncanny Dodge. Uncanny Dodge only applies to flatfooted. Flatfooted means losing dex to AC (among other things, like being unable to make AoOs w/o Combat Reflexes), but there are several examples of losing dex to AC that are not the flatfooted condition. Feinting, climbing, and running are all such cases. Along with more harsh conditions that include loss of dex to AC as a part of the larger package, like Paralysis and Stun.

Llewellyn
2015-07-07, 03:48 PM
Thank you for your responses they have been very helpful.