PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Suggestions/Ideas requested for a Villian

lynxd80
2015-07-07, 07:44 PM
If you are a member of my 3.5 Campaign, "Fata Fabulae": Please read no further.

Alrighty then... So, I have my ending boss under construction and the First form of his "Herald" is complete. However, I need some suggestions or ideas for the secondary form of this villain. Just to give you an idea of his character: He is Josef Mengele, a Nazi soldier and Mad Scientist whom was summoned to the world of Faerie from our world, sworn allegiance to an Unseelie Fey/Demon Lord in return for the ability to create the “Perfect Race”. Having his youth restored and his features altered; he dubbed himself a new identity as Venificus Oz and began study of this world. After some years, he learned of Magic, alchemy, and the crafting of Constructs. Seeing the power of these constructed titans; he dedicated himself to seeking the means to transform man into machine. All the while, serving the Unseelie lord in his quest to secretly conquer the world and collecting the means needed to free it’s “Elder Evil” Lord/father.

Ultimately, Oz will succeed in his mad experimentations and turn himself into a living construct (Ala artificer/mastermaker). However, I’m not really impressed with the after affects of the actual class and decided he will take a full on transformation with its own separate sheet. I’m envisioning some sort of Warforged ”Angel of Death” motif (As Josef was known by such a nickname during his time). Thoughts of including some vile feats from the “Elder Evils” supplement seem good to me, too. However, I’m open for what you all think would work best to present this idea. Note: I have a party of 6 whom I will expect to be level 18 or 19 at this point in the campaign. Ideas should come from there. Tier wise, the group is playing somewhere near a Tier 3 and Lower Tier 2 on the Character Power Chart

And, note: I sincerely appreciate all ideas and opinions! Thank you!

~Lynx D.

Spore
2015-07-07, 07:52 PM
An evil Nazi artificer with unlimited ressources sounds like a terrifying combo. Give him Faerie and demonic minions to equip with his experimental items and you hav yourself a mad scientist theme. I could see the exploited Unseelie Fey fuse him with many machine parts in an attempt of ultimate irony making him a templated monstrosity with machine parts, demonic intent and fairy magic.

I feel evil Nazi Fantasy Demon Fairies a tad bit over the top.

lynxd80
2015-07-07, 08:02 PM
An evil Nazi artificer with unlimited ressources sounds like a terrifying combo. Give him Faerie and demonic minions to equip with his experimental items and you hav yourself a mad scientist theme.

I feel evil Nazi Fantasy Demon Fairies a tad bit over the top.

Actually, he HAS been experimenting on humans and other denizens of the world; transforming them into Hybridized Construct/Abberation (Outsider) styled monsters... He is, currently, the head of the worlds first and most respected "Medical Institute" known by it's protestors as "The facility". These shall be his method for keeping the public in line and his "Foot-Soldiers" for coming back to our world once he reveals his true nature and his services to said evils have ended... In retrospect, I might have played to much Wolfenstein XD. Anyways, I may hybridize some of the eviler Fey creatures and Demons/devils to serve in the future ^_~.

~Lynx D.

lynxd80
2015-07-07, 09:51 PM
Anybody else with some good ideas? I'm not sure what I should take leading into it, but Warforged Jugarnaut seems mighty tempting... Give him the Willing Deformity/Deformity (Gaunt) for a boost to dex and some flavor and following it with the Chosen of evil/Slave of evil Feats for good measure.

No thoughts are bad thoughts ^_^.

~Lynx D.

daremetoidareyo
2015-07-07, 10:05 PM
go Artificer 15, fleshwarper 10, extra slot for 7th level epic artificer infusions.
Go and find all of the grafts and graft them to your self onto what are called "mantles." Each mantle has all of the grafts of a single type+ the most functional silthilar graft. Only a single mantle is active at a given time. The maug grafts have wand chambers built into it. The yuan ti mantle has yuan ti feats. The demonic mantle has vile feats. The fey mantle (you're going to have to make up some fey grafts) has fey themed feats. Holding all of these mantles together is his incredibly warped familiar who Mengele has grafted to himself. The extra consciousness can, as an immediate action, switch between mantles. On top of the construct immunities, this guy will have an ever fluctuating form that can react, in time, with what the PCs are doing. In order for him to even be hurt, you have to fight though the outer layer of his familiar, which he has stitched to himself and who has 50% of his HP, a ton of immunities, and damage reduction and whatnot. When the familiar is dead, the mantles can't switch anymore, so the final one used is stuck.

atemu1234
2015-07-08, 01:02 AM
Pathfinder fleshwarping is an option.

I personally like the idea of a Telepath 5 / Mindbender 1 / Thrallherd 10, that uses (backported) fleshwarping on his followers.