PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get more Smites

Yogibear41
2015-07-08, 02:58 AM
Apart from class abilities, the mighty smiting weapon ability, and the extra smite and sapphire smite feats, are there any ways to gain additional smites per day? (particularly smite evils) (I know ordained champion is a thing)

RoyVG
2015-07-08, 03:09 AM
I know Fist of Raziel (BoED) gets smite attempts 1/2-1 levels (so level 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9), rather than Paladin 1/4 levels. Also adds some additional features to smite making it even more fun.

The Charging Smite ACF from PHB2 says that the smite attempts aren't considered used if you miss, so you don't have to worry about losing out on smite damage.

Pious Templar (Complete Divine) gets an extra smite attempt at level 2 if you already have Smite.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-08, 03:51 AM
As an alternative to Mighty Smiting, consider Mighty Smiting.

The Mighty Smiting property doesn't require you to make the extra smite with the Mighty Smiting weapon, just that you be wielding the Mighty Smiting weapon when you make the smite attack. A +1 Mighty Smiting shuriken costs 160 gp. Buy a bunch of them. Hold one in your offhand while you fight, and drop it after you've used its bonus smite attack. This works best with a weapon that can be wielded in one or both hands, so use a longsword and just two-hand it when you don't need to smite. Store expended shuriken in your backpack, and keep the fresh shuriken on your belt or something. I recommend investing in Quick Draw so you can toss down multiple smites per round without touching your own innate smite pool.

Amphetryon
2015-07-08, 07:02 AM
Be a Killoren.

The Viscount
2015-07-09, 12:31 PM
Use Incarnation of Angels on yourself for unlimited smites as long as your truespeak checks hold!

Could you provide some background? There are a number of smites derived from classes, but some, though useful are not the easiest to obtain (like shadowbane inquisitor).