PDA

View Full Version : Items without a slot.

frost890
2015-07-08, 10:33 PM
I was thinking about some items that don't have a Item slot. like I had protection from arrows on apiece of fabric that I tied to a belt or ion stones. What kinds of things have you seen? I am thinking of tossing in some misc wondrous items in to my loot box.

Sagetim
2015-07-08, 11:05 PM
While not tradeable, Monk's Tattoo's are an unslotted magic item that functions like a monk's belt, except that it can stack with a monk's belt (but it cannot stack with itself). The downsides being that they cost 80k and are from a 3.0 book called Magic of Faerun. If priced according to 3.5 item pricing guidelines, they would be worth double a monk's belt, or about 26k. But, again, they're tattoos...so you can't exactly swap them around.

That said, psionics has psionic tattoos, and they CAN be swapped around. However, they act like scrolls, in that they are one shot psychic powers and the tatoo is a storage medium.

Every ioun stone is an unslotted item that orbits your head.

Orbs of Force (from Magic of faerun again) are attack devices that don't take up a magic item slot, you just kind of point and shoot them and wish you hadn't sent so much on them.

Every token is a slotless magic item. That doesn't make them useful, but they are slotless.

Pearls of Power are slotless, though you could probably mod them into jewelry without breaking their magical itemness, such as putting little metal bits on them and using that to string them around your wrist, neck, or as earrings.

If you cast Animal Magnetism on an animal, you can stick them to steel armor, thus giving it the appearance of some kind of odd magic item that's covered in squirrels or what have you. wait, that's not a magic item...that's just a prank.