PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter: From a broken vase to court trials

Soldexus
2015-07-08, 11:27 PM
Note before I begin: This session is in 5e D&D, the current characters of the campaign in this time of writing are

Reilia - Me, a Barbarian Fighter
Kildrum - Dylan, a Cleric Fighter and the "Victim" of the crime
Siri - Fernando, the best bard, ever.
Krieger - Lawren, a custom class known as Mageslinger, with a ranger
Welshi - Alvin, a tinkerer (Also a custom class) with a mechanical construct named Sava, also the Framed person of the crime.

Reilia is not very involved in this story, only until they end where I bust into the court room, spew random drivel then walk out in a fit of embarrassment.

So kildrum was dead as all Clerics are when there are times of danger and we rushed him to Siri who was able to revive through ritual magics. Upon Resurrection of our great Cleric he made a few snarky comments and pushed down to the ground by Siri. He was limp down on the ground because he had a -2 to strength checks, naturally, he got a 2 and couldn't do anything against the push that. Welshi decided to cast Gust of Wind because he can cast magic. Oh, have I mentioned how Kildrum REALLY dislikes Welshi? like we are taking he will frame him for a crime if he got the chance, and Kildrum did. Welshi pushed down a pot within the inn after throwing a temper tantrum for no reason (or maybe there was since I was zoned out at the time.). everyone was gone at the time except for Sava and Welshi who were currently leaving. The bar maid ran upstairs and looked at kildrum and asked what happened. His response: "I was raped."

The guards were quickly informed and as soon they could, they received the descriptions of the "Offender" of the crime. So Kildrum naturally stated "A small gnome man with a living suit of armor". Now, most times, guards would laugh this off due to how rare constructs are within large cities like Neverwinter. Except when you crit or roll really high, then nothing is impossible. Welshi and Sava were leaving the city after the incident occurred. Within RPG logic, messages travel quicker than the actual player. Welshi was arrested, and he had no idea what the hell was going on. Welshi is the sort of man with a child-like innocence which was easily taken away from him.

He was brought to prison, he was obviously confused. Welshi was thrown into his cell with Sava in another one. He met an orc, a big beefy really big orc. We could not hold in our laughter and it was just amazing. Welshi was asked what he was in there for: "Well, I was accused of Rape, of who, I don't know." Welshi said as he released his innocence for the orc to hear. "Well, seems like you and me are in the same boat." The orc said after. Our laughter was amazing, we could not stop laughing for ten minutes straight saying "Oh god, he is so f-ed in prison." and the plot twists were juicy.

In prison, Welshi could not sleep. He was just lying in bed one night as the orc on the top bunk came down. Welshi feared for himself and he just wanted his construct back. The DM then said "He whipped out his Junk." We were in pure fear for Welshi, but being outside the game, we could only laugh, and laugh, and cry. Welshi prepared Phantasmal Killer. We stopped laughing, realizing that this neutral good character was going to kill a man in fear of his booty being spelunked. He asked the big strong orc "What are you doing?" "When you gotta go, you gotta go." the orc said. Welshi feared for his entire life as he cast PK, he missed the first time, but quickened spell the second and kill him with 18 damage. This was a level 1 orc commoner, and he was just taking a leak.

We turned on Welshi OOC even though we were the ones who got him into that mess. We said "Why would you kill a common man? Why Welshi? WHYYYY?!" and he was calm. He stayed perfectly normal and slept easily for the night. The guard found the dead body and got a cleric to inspect. The Cleric found out that the Orc was killed by magic, but through some luck of the Arcana knowledge roll, he did not know which spell killed the orc. Welshi was now a cold blood murderer. I asked how much EXP he got from killing the orc. The DM proclaimed that he got 2 exp.

A little deviation. Our quest is to save Neverwinter from a lich, and what do we do? Blame each other for crimes. Thats my group guys, pretty neat. I'm the one that runs in and fights like a Madman, killing and killing and killing. Anyway, I just wanted to show you how much we actually deviated from our Task, that is all

The court day came, and Welshi was on trial for two things, Rape and Murder, in that order but not at the same time. He had to defend himself since no medieval lawyers existed at the time. everyone blamed Sava, even Welshi who created Sava, but tried to use logic and reason to explain why Sava would do this. Apparently Judges are smart and asked if Welshi could control Sava. Welshi said yes. Bam, case basically closed. Next was the murder case, they asked if Welshi could do magic, he said yes, Bam cased close. During the rape case though, it was a lot different. There was one part about how the crime would only take place within a matter of 1 minute. I kicked down the door and started rambling about plate armor and how it takes 5 minutes to get off the body so the crime couldn't have happened and there were logical fallacies. Turns out, Kildrum was wearing chainmail. I stopped talking, and walked out the door.

Welshi is now in a five thousand gold debt and has to do ten days of community service

Experience 9/10, would blame Welshi again.