PDA

View Full Version : Where to go now?

torrasque666
2015-07-09, 01:01 AM
I have a Charging Paladin build, Holy Warrior Paladin 5/Fighter 2/Vassal of Bahamut 10, that I don't know where to go from here. Thanks to Holy Mount, my mount is fully advanced. I don't have anymore spellcasting to advance. I just don't know what else to take. Game will probably go past 20th level.

So I just don't know what else to take. Either next session or the one after I'll probably be leveling again. Do I go crusader so that I have something to do when not charging? Do I go Fist of Raziel for better smites? I just got nothing.

lhilas
2015-07-09, 02:46 AM
You can take the rider from the complete warrior, not sure what's his exact name but it has a picture of a guy in full plate riding a horse so... not that hard to miss.
It'll give you awesome bonuses with your mount including greater multiplayers to damage when charging and much much more...

nedz
2015-07-09, 05:17 AM
A Cleric dip may work, though it's a bit late.

Divine Crusader maybe ?
Pick up a domain.

PrCs are the obvious option, but whether you can qualify depends upon what feats you already have ?

Darrin
2015-07-09, 09:55 AM
Hellreaver (Fiendish Codex II) has some interesting abilities.

If I wanted to focus on smiting, I think I'd try Ordained Champion (refluffed to Bahamut or whatever) first. Channel Spell has some interesting applications, if you can expand your spell list a bit.

Dragon Lord (Dragon Magic) might be worth a look, if only for the theme. Mechanics-wise, I'm not sure how useful auras would be in a higher-level game, but... might be better than a poke in the eye.

atemu1234
2015-07-09, 12:36 PM
You have Turn Undead, correct? Maybe you could do something with that.

Rebel7284
2015-07-09, 03:57 PM
Warblade or Crusader will let you start picking up 5th level maneuvers right off the bat.

torrasque666
2015-07-09, 04:29 PM
This is my current list of feats:
01N: Nymph's Kiss
01F: Sacred Vow
01F: Vow of Obedience
01H: Mounted Combat
03N: Ancestral Relic
04B: Power Attack
06N: Exotic Shield Proficiency (Rider's shield)
06B: Ride-By Attack
07B: Spirited Charge
09N: Celestial Mount
10B: Nimbus of Light
12N: Holy Mount (Vassal of Bahamut)
13B: Holy Radiance
15N: Divine Might
16B: Weapon Focus (Lance)

I don't really want to go Cavalier because all i'd get would be one use of Deadly Charge and a few bonus numbers for a useless skill.

Hellreaver seems like it might be useful, as would be Divine Crusader.... if i had a feat to blow for Weapon Focus (Heavy Pick). Ordained Champion just doesn't seem to fit with Bahamut, given that even adapting it its supposed to be for more warlike deities.

Any other ideas?

Auron3991
2015-07-10, 12:39 AM
Well, if you're pinning for an extra feat, there's always the option for a level in fighter. Scout could be another option for the skirmish.

torrasque666
2015-07-10, 12:44 AM
Well, if you're pinning for an extra feat, there's always the option for a level in fighter. Scout could be another option for the skirmish.
3rd level of fighter would get me nothing, and skirmish won't trigger due to that damn eratta.

atemu1234
2015-07-10, 10:31 AM
3rd level of fighter would get me nothing, and skirmish won't trigger due to that damn eratta.

Bonus feat rogue?

Jowgen
2015-07-10, 08:09 PM
Third Level fighter can get you skill-focus (Intimidate) for free via Zhentarim Soldier substitution level (CoV). Maybe use it to qualify for something or... if allowed... chaos shuffle it for the proficiency?

Battle Trickster can be fun as well, AND, you might be able to swing it to get the no-skill-trick adaptation that just gives you 3 for 3 feats with it.