PDA

View Full Version : Hyperconscious' Ghost Breaker PrC

frogglesmash
2015-07-09, 03:48 AM
I'm currently playing an psion in a rather undead heavy, Legacy of Kain inspired campaign and while looking for an interesting, and useful PrC to go into I stumbled across Hyperconscious' Ghost Breaker (for those unfamiliar with it, Hyperconscious is a 3rd party, psionics splatbook who's quality greatly surpasses CPsi).

Now from where I'm sitting the Ghost Breaker looks like a balanced, well thought out, and flavourful PrC for Psions who expect to clash frequently with the undead, but that's just my opinion. I'm curious if anyone has ever played this PrC before, and what they thought of the experience, or barring that, what kind of optimization shenanigans the playground can come up with concerning this class.

Psyren
2015-07-09, 08:40 AM
It's very powerful - it's 5/5 manifesting, 5/5 BAB and gives you turn undead, granting access to various divine feats. On top of that, it also gets to add ML*2 damage to any power you use against undead (5+Cha /day), and 1/round you ignore the first attempt to give you a negative level that round. The requirements are also extremely easy, requiring no feats to enter, and even a l low-level psion can take out a CR-appropriate undead with the right powers known.

I like the concept, but personally I think 5/5 BAB and manifesting was unnecessary. It's nice that there's a class out there that does that though.

atemu1234
2015-07-09, 12:30 PM
It's very powerful - it's 5/5 manifesting, 5/5 BAB and gives you turn undead, granting access to various divine feats. On top of that, it also gets to add ML*2 damage to any power you use against undead (5+Cha /day), and 1/round you ignore the first attempt to give you a negative level that round. The requirements are also extremely easy, requiring no feats to enter, and even a l low-level psion can take out a CR-appropriate undead with the right powers known.

I like the concept, but personally I think 5/5 BAB and manifesting was unnecessary. It's nice that there's a class out there that does that though.

I may use that in an Ur-Priest StP Erudite Build now.