PDA

View Full Version : Robilar's Gambit

Max Caysey
2015-07-09, 09:08 AM
I was reading a Dysfunction thread, where is was said that this feat only let you get one extra AoO. Now rereading the rules about this I cant see why the feat does not give 1 AoO per swing/attack as it says.

Its true, that you can only do 1 AoO per oppotunity, but if every swing is an oppotunity, then you get 1 AoO per swing. So why the dysfunction?

OldTrees1
2015-07-09, 09:32 AM
I don't see a dysfunction but I think I can see where one might see one.

In return, they provoke attacks of opportunity from you each time they swing. Resolve your attack of opportunity after your foe’s attack.

The first sentence speaks of multiple provocations.
The second sentence speaks about a singular provocation -> AoO pair.

Now either the second sentence is modifying the first sentence(each AoO you take from that kind of provocation works according to the second sentence) or the second sentence is modifying the entire feat(implying you only get 1 AoO).

I presume the second sentence modifies the first sentence which yields no dysfunction.

Renen
2015-07-09, 09:34 AM
I think the second sentence only explains that while taking any of the AoO, you attack after their attack

Brookshw
2015-07-09, 10:04 AM
I think the second sentence only explains that while taking any of the AoO, you attack after their attack

Sounds right, doesn't really look like a rules dysfunction, just tells you how they nest.

Andezzar
2015-07-09, 10:46 AM
I think the second sentence only explains that while taking any of the AoO, you attack after their attackIt is exactly that, because normally AoOs occur before the provocation. It even says so in the normal section.
Opponents do not provoke attacks of opportunity by attacking. Further, when an opponent provokes an attack of opportunity, you resolve your attack before he completes the action that provoked the attack of opportunity.