PDA

View Full Version : Rogue / Wizard Build?

atemu1234
2015-07-09, 12:20 PM
Are there any good ones? Like, actually good ones.

gorfnab
2015-07-09, 12:32 PM
I'm partial to Rogue 1/ Wizard (Spontaneous Divination ACF) 5/ Unseen Seer 10/ Arcane Trickster 4

There is this handbook on Rogue/caster builds that provides some info on how to build decent ones. Sneak Attacking Spellcasters (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1240)

thematgreen
2015-07-09, 12:35 PM
I played a low level campaign that was

Wizard 1 Conjuration (Teleportation School) / Rogue (Investigator)

He used the teleportation to get past doors and into places he needed to get into (Bypassing locks, getting into rooms by looking in the window, etc) and focused on disguise and diplomacy to gather information and avoid fights.

He was one of my favorite characters. One of my favorite times playing him was when my group and I (for some stupid reason) decided to attack the thieves guild directly. Marros (My character) was still dressed like an old woman. As soon as the fight turned he tottered off down an alley, then ran away, teleporting through a shop window and quickly tearing off his disguise. He then calmly stepped outside and was accosted by two thieves guild representatives. A successful bluff check later he was free to go.

TheCrowing1432
2015-07-09, 12:43 PM
Theres always the classic Spell Warp Sniper.

Sneak Attacking with Rays is always fun.

Zirconia
2015-07-09, 12:45 PM
I tend to like them because (1) they have pretty good stat synergy with Int/Dex, and (2) they pretty much ALWAYS have something to do in the party. Town or dungeon they have a good role, and Wizard buffs let the Rogue side do its job effectively a lot earlier in the game. You can also make sure you pick spells that let you get those sneak attacks off, even ranged.

While you may be giving up a bit of the Full Tier 1 power of the Wizard, you don't really want to unleash that in most games anyway. . .

Geddy2112
2015-07-09, 01:57 PM
In pathfinder, I think kitsune trickster is a great dip for wizards(heresy for even suggesting a wizard dip) because you can add intelligence to skills you otherwise suck at. Plus you unlock a lot more skill points and class skills, becoming a great skillmonkey. It is even better with unchained rogue getting free finesse. Obviously if you use damaging touch/rays and get sneak attack all the better.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2015-07-09, 04:23 PM
Really the problem is that the Beguiler class exists.

Otherwise, entry through Rog 1 / Wiz 4; then Unseen Seer, finish with AT. Or Beguiler into Unseen Seer. Or Spellthief 1 -> Conjurer -> US.