PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ordering Pathfinder for the Library

Palanan
2015-07-09, 04:51 PM
My local public library is very responsive when it comes to book requests, and they already have a number of Pathfinder hardbacks on the shelves. I'd like suggestions on what else to request, especially titles which would be useful to a broad spectrum of players.

Here's what they have so far:

CRB
Bestiary
Bestiary 2
Advanced Player's Guide
GameMastery Guide
Inner Sea World Guide
Pathfinder Unchained (on order)

And here are the titles I'm planning to request:

Ultimate Magic
Ultimate Combat
Ultimate Equipment
Occult Adventures (when available)

So, apart from rounding out the Bestiaries, what other hardback titles are must-haves for players?

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-09, 05:00 PM
I'd actually advocate for requesting some adventure paths. The rulebooks are A) available free online (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) and B) things you want to hang on to for a long time. Once you've gone through an AP once, you probably won't touch it again.

Psyren
2015-07-09, 05:27 PM
I agree - the Adventure Paths more than anything else are what will allow some kids to come in, pick up, and play.

For core product line books though I recommend the Advanced Race Guide as an addition to your list. - there is a ton of fluff there to help someone brainstorm a character and plenty of crunch as well.

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-07-09, 05:32 PM
Seconding the Adventure Path suggestion. I will suggest Inner Sea Gods, however; its another hardback, but it has all sorts of fluff expanding on the Inner Sea World Guide. Once it comes out, Inner Sea Races would be a great addition as well.

Palanan
2015-07-09, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies
I'd actually advocate for requesting some adventure paths.

That's a great idea, thanks. I hadn't even thought about that, but yes, some APs would be excellent.

The question is, which of these besides Runelords is available in hardcover? Neither I nor the library want to order thin paperback pamphlets--they're too easily chewed up by library use. Are there other APs out in hardback? I know there's the Emerald Spire thingy, but it looks more like a colossal dungeon crawl than an actual adventure path.

Originally Posted by Psyren
For core product line books though I recommend the Advanced Race Guide as an addition to your list.

*forehead smack*

Thank you, yes--I knew I was forgetting something. This is one of my favorite Pathfinder books just to flip through.

Not sure about Inner Sea Gods or Races, but I'll keep them in mind.

Bhaakon
2015-07-09, 07:41 PM
That's a great idea, thanks. I hadn't even thought about that, but yes, some APs would be excellent.

I'd suggest the Rise of the Runelords Anniversary edition, both because it's still available (a lot of the older APs have have fallen out of print), and because it's all in one hardcover instead of six paperbacks.

Palanan
2015-07-10, 12:35 PM
Looks like Runelords is the only AP available in hardcover, so that'll have to be it. I'm playing in this one right now (we just took down the Scarecrow in epic fashion) and it's a ton of fun.

Also, just picked up the library's new copy of Pathfinder Unchained earlier today. Took a while, but they do listen. :smallsmile: