PDA

View Full Version : This would be a Spoiler but Roy's Death proved me Wrong

Scalenex
2007-04-30, 02:30 PM
I thought that since Roy's father mentioned "you'll be back to cantrips in a week" (emphasis mine) that Roy was a closet wizard with a single level of wizard that he doesn't want to let people know about and that at some future point he would cast a spell. But if he was he'd probably have his own Feather Fall and he would have used it to save his life (or in one of the earlier cases where he needed Feather Fall).

Khoran
2007-04-30, 02:37 PM
If you remember, Roy's Father was a Wizard. So, I would imagine that while Roy was young, he had Roy practice Wizardry as well. However, as we can see, Roy didn't enjoy it much and instead wanted to be like his Grandfather and be a fighter. So, odds are for Roleplay purposes only, Roy knows a handful of 0 level spells. I wouldn't exspect him to have a level of Wizard.

Zangor
2007-04-30, 02:50 PM
The way I read it is that he'd be back to studying cantrips within a week-- that is, he was still studying them ,because he couldn't cast them yet, to learn to be able to.

Jukashi
2007-04-30, 08:14 PM
I think there are feats that give you access to one or two cantrips a day. One of those could give Roy the flavour he needs to back up that statement.

Of course, Roy's dad could have just meant "back to attempting cantrips within a week."