PDA

View Full Version : Venomfire Spell

g3taso
2015-07-09, 06:26 PM
I checked out this spell today, and it is awesome! Any monsters with multiple poison attacks per round people can suggest to maximize this little beauty?

Snowbluff
2015-07-09, 06:31 PM
Fleshraker Dinosaur. X3 Poison attack. Otherwise, Swindlespitter (AOE poison spray).

Theodred theOld
2015-07-11, 07:53 PM
Fleshraker 1000%. Snag the warbeast and magebred templates for ultimate shenanigans.

Rubik
2015-07-11, 08:18 PM
Is there a race with poisonous claws? Monk plus Beast Strike to add your claw attacks to your unarmed strikes, along with (Improved) Rapidstrike for multiple claw attacks on top of that.

I suppose you could always Awaken a fleshraker or wild shape into one. A level in monk would do you a lot of good.

eggynack
2015-07-11, 08:38 PM
The fleshraker is obviously the best option, to the point where it may just be the best possible companion across all levels, but I've really been liking the sailsnake lately (MM IV, 124). It doesn't have multiple poison attacks per turn, and it can actually only use its poison once every six turns, but that poison applies in an area, like the swindlespitter, and unlike the swindlespitter, the poison in question is great. On the surface, it seems normal, only delivering 1d4 turns of blindness with a typically low save DC, but then you notice that the save is for half, meaning that everyone in the area has at least a 75% chance of being blinded. It reads like a blinding fireball with no save, in other words, and it's attached to a creature with solid stats and the ability to fly. It seems quite good even without venomfire, and very good with venomfire.

XionUnborn01
2015-07-11, 09:07 PM
A level in monk would do you a lot of good.

I'm just gonna start quoting this out of context and make the entire playground confused about you Rubik.

Rubik
2015-07-11, 09:24 PM
I'm just gonna start quoting this out of context and make the entire playground confused about you Rubik.Feel free, but only if you add this link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?285801-Tippy-s-Terrifically-Terrible-Trial/page19&p=15474863#post15474863) to it.

Monks can be positively deadly if you know your stuff. Hell, that one could probably hang out comfortably with T1s and T2s, so long as we're not looking at Tippy-level builds.

Bronk
2015-07-11, 09:31 PM
I checked out this spell today, and it is awesome! Any monsters with multiple poison attacks per round people can suggest to maximize this little beauty?

Well, any poisonous magical beast could take rapidstrike and improved rapidstrike as well. That includes templated versions of regular animals, like fiendish and celestial versions of the fleshraker.

Snowbluff
2015-07-11, 09:47 PM
Monks can be positively deadly if you know your stuff. Hell, that one could probably hang out comfortably with T1s and T2s, so long as we're not looking at Tippy-level builds.

You could literally insert any class there, and that statement would be true. :smalltongue:

Necroticplague
2015-07-11, 10:29 PM
Is there a race with poisonous claws? Monk plus Beast Strike to add your claw attacks to your unarmed strikes, along with (Improved) Rapidstrike for multiple claw attacks on top of that.

That's not what Beast Strike does. It lets you add your claw damage to your unarmed strike, which would not let you add the poison from your claws (assuming you had such).

Rubik
2015-07-11, 10:33 PM
That's not what Beast Strike does. It lets you add your claw damage to your unarmed strike, which would not let you add the poison from your claws (assuming you had such).Poison damage is still damage, and so the damage would apply to your unarmed strikes.

Necroticplague
2015-07-11, 10:37 PM
Poison damage is still damage, and so the damage would apply to your unarmed strikes.

Except that poison isn't damage. It's poison. So it remains separate from the damage the claws would do (which is all that transfers over from Beast Strike).

Darrin
2015-07-12, 07:02 AM
Ring of the Viper (8000 GP, Serpent Kingdoms). Add a poison attack to your unarmed strikes.

Start with a Diabolus (Dragon Compendium), which has a natural poison attack.

ShurikVch
2015-07-12, 09:42 AM
Dragon #304 had a Poison Claws spell, which allow to transfer poison from a "willing living creature" to any natural weapon; Duration: 1 round/level; Druid/Ranger 4 (also, there is a psionic version: Psion/Psychic Warrior 4)
Get a wand of it; go Warshaper...