PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder E6: Experiences, Feedback, ???

PoR
2015-07-09, 07:48 PM
Hey all.

I've been wondering, has anyone tried playing Pathfinder with E6 rules? I've seen several versions and suggested homebrew "fixes" on how to do it online, but I'm just wondering about what people on this board feel about it.

I'm personally a big fan of lower power games (and yeah, arguably D&D/ Pathfinder aren't the best systems for it) and I find the concept of E6 amazing because it allows players to be heroic characters without the game devolving into "Scry and Die" type of tactics. I've come across it in my 3.5 playing days, but I've never really set my eyes on the actual rules for E6, and now that I have I'm seriously considering using it in the future.

So, how do most of ya'll find it?

illyahr
2015-07-10, 01:15 PM
I recently ran a 3.5 E6 campaign and it was pretty good. Rather than just shooting for raw power or ability, the players actually had to come up with tactics to counter the tactics of their opponents.

For example, they went up against a paladin who specialized in mounted charges and got soundly beaten by his (relatively) high-damage strikes. Once they figured out the weaknesses of the build (need space to charge, damage relies on being mounted) they were quickly able to find creative ways to disable and defeat another that showed up later. They also successfully gadfly (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheGadfly)'d the first paladin into attacking them after they had been arrested and made him fall. Good times all around. :smallsmile: