PDA

View Full Version : [Item] Sap of Healing

Telonius
2007-04-30, 02:54 PM
I won't claim the original idea for this one; but I can't remember where I heard it originally, and Google's turning up nothing. I'm a little unsure about the price, since it has a couple of different abilities attached to it. What do you think?

Sap of Healing
The Sap of Healing is actually a Staff, designed by a Cleric who wished to discourage his fellow adventurers from acting foolishly, and impress upon them that all healing magic comes at a price. This item appears to be an ordinary sap. Upon striking a living (or positively-charged undead) target, the sap casts a “Cure Serious Wounds” spell, CL 8, using up one charge. When wielded against an undead (negatively charged) foe, the sap’s damage becomes lethal, and the weapon is treated as +1 undead bane. This use of the sap does not cost a charge, but the Cure Serious Wounds ability does not function. A fully-charged Sap of Healing has 50 charges.
Moderate Conjuration, Craft Staff, CL 12, Cure Serious Wounds; Price: 18,500 gp.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-30, 03:27 PM
this would be somewhat of a joke item....its just to silly...

Telonius
2007-04-30, 04:18 PM
It is a little silly, but it's potentially pretty useful. Since it activate every time it hits, you could knock somebody with it several times in a single round if you get off a full attack. (That's why I'm not sure about the price of it).

martyboy74
2007-04-30, 04:24 PM
I believe that your unconscious is recalling the Healing Shiv.

Proven_Paradox
2007-04-30, 06:25 PM
Some of the Final Fantasy games have a Healing Rod/Staff item that does something similar, but doesn't have charges or cost MP. Perhaps that's where you got the idea?

Either way, I'd use it. I think that's a good price, but I'm not very good at pricing stuff.