PDA

View Full Version : First oots style avatar

Deimos
2007-04-30, 03:44 PM
Well I started with a snowman then I made this,
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9418/firsteverinkscapepo2.png

I need some people to comment and point out the bad bits so I can improve (Hopefully) :smallwink:

Self evaluation

Head - I think it's the right size, looks it too me. Might beable to add some hair later on.

Eyes - Looking at a few avatars other people have made one eye is bigger than the other, I think I have done this. Does it look more realistic if the stroke is white and the fill is a colour. Or just dumb?

Body/Arms - I think this would be better with more detail, are the movment lines too much?

Sword - I started with a jagged blade but changed because the detail didnt match the rest of the portrait.

Threeshades
2007-04-30, 03:47 PM
You should find a common thickness for the outlines. at 117x117 a thickness of 2 pixels would be good.

next the arms seem a bit too long and the feet are a little small. Otherwise its already very nice to begin with.

Bryn
2007-04-30, 03:50 PM
You need much thicker lines. I don't know what program you're using, but in vector programs like Inkscape, Sodipodi, or Illustrator 2pt (or is it px? 2 something anyway) is usually a good thickness.

Apart from that, you should probably make the corners of the rectangle square. Finally, your arms differ greatly in length - the left one (viewer's right) should probably be shorter. Usually OOTS-style arms are curved too.

Apart from that, good work!

Edit: Ninjaed.

Deimos
2007-04-30, 04:01 PM
Thanks for comment's
---- > On the feet I tried to make it look like they were facing towards you, I need to improve on that.
----->Yeh I used Inkscape
-----> Just as I finished I worked out how to curve ((All the lines are straight))

Zephra
2007-04-30, 07:42 PM
the mouth's a little slanty. and of course, lines, other than that, great!