PDA

View Full Version : God of Bloodshed? Generic or Forgotten Realms

Threeshades
2007-04-30, 04:06 PM
Im sorry this might be a stupid question: but i dont have any books at hand at this time except the Complete warrior is there is there a god spefically of bloodshed applicable for the Forgotten Realms setting?

And i dont mean destruction and war in general (like Erythnul or Talos) i really mean a god that particularly enjoys it when as much blood is shed as possible (like Khorne in Warhammer)

Amiria
2007-04-30, 04:14 PM
How about Malar ? His portfolio is hunters, stalking, bloodlust, and evil lycanthropes.

You can find the Faerūnian Deities here:

http://realmshelps.dandello.net/dieties/human.shtml

Argent
2007-04-30, 04:22 PM
Erythnul would be about the closest you can get IIRC -- as the god of berserk battle, his is the portfolio most closely resembling bloodshed.

InaVegt
2007-04-30, 04:25 PM
Eythnul is the god of Slaughter, that sounds quite bloodsheddy to me.

brian c
2007-04-30, 04:27 PM
Malar is kinda like that I think; god of bloodlust, hunting, evil lycanthropes. He's a subordinate of Talos

Edit: ninja'd by Amiria. I think Malar fits better than Erythnul though

Innis Cabal
2007-04-30, 04:27 PM
Gargaros from FR is perfect for Khorne, a near replica, minus the axe....he is called the bloody whirlwind and was old god of war but it was stolen rom him and we went mad with bloodlust....like i said...perfect, his clerics are called the blood reavers

Threeshades
2007-04-30, 04:35 PM
Hmmm maybe Erythnul isn't all that off but i recalled his was more destruction. And slaughter only so far as to kill and then leave it like that. While i was more searching for some mad Dont-just-make-them-die-but-make-them-die-with-BLOOD.
Malar as a specific god of bloodlust sounds fine, but

Gargaros from FR is perfect for Khorne, a near replica, minus the axe....he is called the bloody whirlwind and was old god of war but it was stolen rom him and we went mad with bloodlust....like i said...perfect, his clerics are called the blood reavers

This sounds perfect!

In which book do I find him?

jjpickar
2007-04-30, 04:41 PM
Afflux Bloodfather/Bloodspiller from the Libris Mortis could work though his bloodshed is more torture based.

Amiria
2007-04-30, 04:43 PM
A basic description is in the FRCS (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting) and of course also on the web site I linked to above.

Garagos' Portfolio is war, skill-at-arms, destruction, plunder, clutching swords.

Hmm, blood is not mentioned there. And he is CN, so it might be possible to play a CG cleric of Garagos ?!

If you want evil, killing-for-killing's-sake, feral, blood-frenzy, bloodbath, mad howling-at-the-moon-murder, then rather go for Malar.

thorgrim29
2007-04-30, 04:44 PM
He he he, go Khorne, if I remember right, Gargaros is the god of bloodlust and raging, so yea, good choice, might want to take a few levels of barbarian.

TheThan
2007-04-30, 05:17 PM
There’s Stabbity McAxeforface. He’s the god of slaughter, fear etc.