PDA

View Full Version : Help! Solo Game Ideas: Star Wars Edition

Ninjadeadbeard
2015-07-10, 01:18 PM
So I am running a solo game for a friend saturday. He requested "gritty" and "star wars", but I am having writer's block and can't think of a fun solo adventure to run for him. System is slightly modded 5E, if that matters. Help me Giantitp! You're my only hope!

Edit: He apparently wants to play a smooth talking bounty hunter.

aspekt
2015-07-10, 03:38 PM
Do you have any storyteller dice or cards?

If not any collection of graphics or images that cannot be interpreted on a 1:1, ie., this card equals this meaning and this meaning only.

These kinds of tools are used by gamers and authors as well trying to break writers block

Thrawn4
2015-07-10, 03:53 PM
I would really like to know how you are going to use D&D to play Star Wars.

And to solve your problem: How about playing a few month after Revenge of the Sith, on an isolated planet where the bounty hunter has to hide because he messed up a deal. While in hiding, he hears rumours of a jedi hiding there. Now he can either try to get the bounty for the jedi to get rid of his problems or he can try to protect him. Lots of persuasion, battle and scum and villainy.

Ninjadeadbeard
2015-07-10, 04:25 PM
And to solve your problem: How about playing a few month after Revenge of the Sith, on an isolated planet where the bounty hunter has to hide because he messed up a deal. While in hiding, he hears rumours of a jedi hiding there. Now he can either try to get the bounty for the jedi to get rid of his problems or he can try to protect him. Lots of persuasion, battle and scum and villainy.

I love it! It's literally perfect!

I would really like to know how you are going to use D&D to play Star Wars.

I made a short and nasty conversion. Here it is. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3obpnj9rurvbak/SW%205E%20changelog.docx?dl=0)

LibraryOgre
2015-07-15, 12:22 PM
For a solo run through Star Wars, I'd be inclined to go with something like the KotOR2 opening. You wake up in the med bay of a space station, with everyone around you dead. There are killer droids on the loose, your ship is several floors away (though a convoluted access route), and once you can get there and reactivate your droid, you're home free. But are there survivors? Is there something valuable here? Is it worth hanging around and fighting droids to try to answer these questions?

GungHo
2015-07-16, 01:53 PM
Edit: He apparently wants to play a smooth talking bounty hunter.

I could go into a big series of ideas, but probably the best idea I can think of is to watch or at least read the Wiki plot outlines on westerns, because that's where a lot of that stuff evolves from. Like The Naked Spur, For a Few Dollars More, or 3:10 to Yuma. To stay in the sci-fi genre, there's Blade Runner. A modern take would be Midnight Run. Also, read some Elmore Leonard (who also wrote 3:10 to Yuma), who features the archetype in Westerns and Moderns.

At some point the guy is going to have to determine if he's seeking glory, seeking money, or is just a sadist with a blaster. It's on you to set him up with those kinds of moral quandaries. He may not even know what he's looking for... until something shiny and beautiful is there for the taking.